Axmaster take a Slice at Complications...but reaches Complications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey typon, since we still need a ref, let's postpone our battle.

I'd like to challenge Comp.

Rules:

1v1 Training Singles (no W/L/T)
LC pokes only
5 recoveries and/or chills
2 subs
Switch: DEATH BY MUDKIPZ
DQ: 2 days
I accept your challenge Axmaster. Is switch KO? (I assume by the post)
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the training battle of the next 3 rounds! (Ironic laughter follows). Entrances aren't my thing, so I'ma let these contestants be the focus of this entrance.

To the Left, Axmaster68 with Shocky the Magnemite!​

<Magnimite> [Shocky] (Gender)
Nature: Timid(Speed *1.15, +8% Accuracy, Attack -1)
Type: Electric/Steel
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Ability 1:Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Ability 2:Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Ability 3:Analyze (DW-Locked): If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 52(+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC:2/9
MC:0
DC:1/5

Attacks:
Metal Sound(*)
Tackle(*)
Thundershock(*)
Supersonic(*)
Sonicboom(*)
Tunder Wave(*)
Spark(*)

Signal Beam(*)
Rollout(*)
Swift(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Substitute(*)
Hidden Power(Fire 7)(*)
Flash Cannon

Total Attacks:14

And to my Right, I have Complications with his 3 mon team (Means you gotta select):

Pawniard (Optimus) (M)

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Type:

Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Defiant:
Type: Innate
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, its Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Inner Focus:
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Pressure (Locked) (DW)
This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Torment (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Metal Claw (*)

Sucker Punch (*)
Psycho Cut (*)
Stealth Rock (*)

Swords Dance (*)
Taunt (*)
Brick Break (*)

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)

Nature:
Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +29% ACC)

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 92 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Hypnosis (*)
Lick (*)
Spite (*)
Mean Look (*)
Curse (*)
Night Shade (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Sucker Punch (*)

Perish Song (*)
Disable (*)
Clear Smog (*)

Dream Eater (*)
Will-O-Wisp (*)
Sludge Bomb (*)

Staryu (Soundwave) (Genderless)

Nature:
Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +22% ACC)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Illuminate:
Type: Can be Activated
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released.
Command: (Ability: Illuminate)

Natural Cure:
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analytic: (DW) (Locked)
If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 98 (+)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)

Surf (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)

Aurora Beam (*)
Barrier (*)
Supersonic (*)

Here's the order of operations this match:

Complications sends out his pokemon + issues orders
Axmaster issues orders
I ref
Axmaster issues orders
Complications issues orders
I ref

Are you ready...

Gong Yi Tempai!

My friend- now my Rival.

Front and center, Optimus!
Let's hot him hard and fast!
Taunt-Swords Dance-Brick Break

If Shocky's first action is a damage attack, sub Taunt for Swords Dance.

I'm sorry, but that sub is too broad.

You can specify one type of attack, like "All Damaging Dark Attacks", or "All Damaging Water Attacks", but not just Damaging attacks.

I will ask to reorder after this post, don't edit your first post...makes it easier on me.

*I need a new Avatar...*

My friend- now my Rival.

Front and center, Optimus!
Let's hot him hard and fast!
Taunt-Swords Dance-Brick Break

If Shocky uses HP Fire during any action, sub my corresponding action with Torment.

Okay Shocky, let's do this! Based upon our opponent's sub, it's troll time! Start with a Flash Cannon, then use Thunderbolt, and finish up with HP Fire! Let's rock and roll!

Summary: Flash Cannon--->Thunderbolt--->HP Fire

If, by corresponding action, the action after is what is switched, then substitute Thunderbolt for HP Fire and make A3 Thunderbolt.

Shocky (U) @ None
Ene: 100
Spe: 52
Other: N/a

Optimus (M) @ None
Ene: 100
Other: N/a​

And the match formally begins! Optimus takes no time to degrade his opponent with a humiliating Taunt! Shocky, steaming with rage, forgets to think rationally and uses a resisted Flash Cannon! It seems Optimus has the upper hand...

...until he starts dancing; Swords Dance to be exact. His fighting spirit's raving high while Shocky lets loose an electrifying Thunderbolt Attack! Shocky managed to gain the upper hand after one turn...due to a dance.

Sensing that Shocky's jealous of Optimus's rad dance moves, he decides to Torment him into more anger. So furious, Shocky's Hidden Power bursts from the eye of Anger and singes Optimus!

Who will win? Will Optimus's dance moves see glory in the future? Will Shocky need anger management after this match? Find out...after the damn match.

Shocky (U) @ None
Ene: 84
Other: Taunted (3a) ; Tormented (5a)

Optimus (M) @ None
HP: 56
Ene: 73
Other: +2 Atk (-1 A3 next round)​

Taunt (Pawniard -> Magnemite)
Magnemite is Taunted! ; -9 Energy

Flash Cannon (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 9335 (No)
RNG for Effect [<=1000]: 1889 (No)
Damage: 6 Damage ; -5 Energy

Swords Dance (Pawniard)
Pawniard's Attack Sharply rose! ; -7 Energy

Thunderbolt (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG for Crit [<=625]: 4722 (No)
RNG for Effect [<=1000]: 2209 (No)
Damage: 15 Damage ; -6 Energy

Torment (Pawniard -> Magnemite)
Magnemite's being Tormented! ; -9 Energy

Hidden Power Fire 7 (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 6956 (No)
Damage: 13 Damage ; -5 Energy

I believe it's my move, right.

Okay Shocky, it seems as we may be in a rut. Luckily, we definately have a chance. Start off with a HP Fire, then use Sonicboom, and finish with a Thunderbolt.

Summary: HP Fire--->Sonicboom--->Thunderbolt

If you can't use Sonicboom because of Taunt, replace it with Flash Cannon.

Unless his actions are changed before you post your actions, I will have to make those moves fail.

I recommend you capitalize and post your actions.

EDIT: Just post them in your post above this and I'll use this as the ref post.

EDIT: I take this all back. I was just told i have to let Axmaster reorder. Axmaster, you cannot order your pokemon to use moves blocked by torment, which in this case are TBolt/HP Fire/Flash Cannon.

so Axmaster, please reorder below this post, then Complications, please respond to that order.

Yes. Axmaster will order first, then you may choose your actions after he posts.

Pretend only the first round has been ref'd. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Wait. Doesn't Torment only affect a move for that same round?
Actually, no. Directly from the Data Audit thread:

Torment: The Pokemon imbues itself with dark energy and torments the foe, preventing the opponent from using using the same attack twice in a row. Furthermore, it prevents the opponent from using any move during any given round that it used in the round prior for six (6) actions.

Essentially, can't use a move twice in a row, nor use a move used last round.

Well, then I'm more screwed. Anyways, I'll still give it a go. I'll post my actions below.

Well Shocky, since it seems we're really screwed now, and it's all my fault, I'm sorry. Still, let's do our best! Start with a Sonicboom, then use Signal Beam, and finish up with Swift.

Summary: Sonicboom--->Signal Beam--->Swift

Let's finish this!... Next round.
Brick Destroyer-Cooldown-Swords Dance

Database said:
Swords Dance: The Pokemon performs a graceful, spinning dance of sorts, increasing their fighting prowess by boosting Attack two (2) stages. The spinning action can deflect some attacks, though some damage will still be taken.
Does the bold have any affect, since the data also says Swift can be blocked by physical objects? (If it's one or the othe I chose the boost.)

Shocky (U) @ None
Ene: 84
Other: Taunted (3a) ; Tormented (5a)

Optimus (M) @ None
HP: 56
Ene: 73
Other: +2 Atk (-1 A3 next round)​

Flavor would normally go here, but I'm in a rush.

Shocky (U) @ None
HP: 45
Ene: 69
Other: Tormented (2a)

Optimus (M) @ None
HP: 33
Ene: 34
Other: +3 Atk (Degrades to +2 A3 next round)​

Sonicboom (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to hit [<=9800]: 2370 (No)
Damage: 10 Damage ; -5 Energy

Brick Destroyer (Pawniard -> Magnemite)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 8614 (No)
Damage: 35 Damage ; -32 Damage

Cooldown (Pawniard)
Pawniard Cools Down!

Signal Beam (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 6177 (No)
RNG for Effect [<=1000]: 4910 (No)
Damage: 10 Damage ; -6 Energy

Swords Dance (Pawniard)
Pawniard's Attack Sharply (lolpun) Rose! ; -7 energy

Swift (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 819 (No)
Pawniard's Swords Dance Blocked Part of the Attack! (*.67 to final BAP)
Damage: 3 Damage ; -4 Energy

Yeah, probably.

Okay Shocky, this is likely to be the last round, so start with a Signal Beam+Sonicboom Combo(if legal), then relax and cooldown, and finish, untormented, with a Thunderbolt.

Summary: Sonicboom+Signal Beam Combo--->Cooldown--->Thunderbolt

If the combo is illegal, use Sonicboom A1 and Signal Beam A2 instead.

Shocky (U) @ None
HP: 45
Ene: 69
Other: Tormented (2a)​

Optimus (M) @ None
HP: 33
Ene: 34
Other: +3 Atk (Degrades to +2 A3 next round)​

Wow, that didn't turn out like expected. Brick Destroyer fails to land the KO, and Shocky capitalizes and KO's Optimus back before he can land another move.

Shocky (U) @ None
HP: 10
Ene: 52
Other: N/A​

Optimus (M) @ None
HP: KO
Ene: KO
Other: +2 Atk (Degrades to +1 A3 next round)​

Sonicboom (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to hit [<=9800]: 4509 (Yes)
Damage: 10 Damage ; -5 Energy

Brick Destroyer (Pawniard -> Magnemite)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 5534 (No)
Damage: 37 Damage ; -32 Energy

Cooldown (Pawniard)
Pawniard cooled down

Signal Beam (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 2305 (No)
RNG for effect [<=1000]: 9443 (No)
Damage: 10 Damage ; -6 Energy

Chill (Pawniard)
Pawniard gained 12 EN

Thunderbolt (Magnemite -> Pawniard)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 4330 (No)
RNG for effect [<=1000]: 3234 (No)
Damage: 15 Damage ; -6 Energy

Pawniard Fainted!

Congratulations to Axmaster68 for your success; Complications, great match, but better luck next time!

Axmaster68: 2CC
Shocky: 1EC/2MC/1DC/1KOC

Complications: 2CC
Optimus: 1EC/2MC/1DC

and 3 lovely UC for me.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)