B&W Research Thread

god stone, freeze bolt and cold flare do exist

and tbh it looks more like asking people to exchange their zekrom keychains for kyurem keychains, it shows for some reason the weight of the zek keychains as 4g and the kyurem keychains as 6g

god stone, freeze bolt and cold flare do exist

and tbh it looks more like asking people to exchange their zekrom keychains for kyurem keychains, it shows for some reason the weight of the zek keychains as 4g and the kyurem keychains as 6g
Not exchanging, comparing. KYUREM IS BIGGERER AND BETTERER BUY OUR STUFF

also the odd thing about the God Stone is apparently it's just not there in the non-Japan titles.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Aren't those moves like really crappy charge moves?

Inb4 Kyurem-A has a DLC/Grey Exclusive ability to prevent charge times, so only it and not Kyurem-N can abuse the new moves :V

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't *need* a new ability, they only have to change its effect. Glaciate's effect number is different than Icy Wind even though its effect is a -1 to Speed, so maybe they'll put that to use.

But that's too much off-topic, I guess?

Icy_eagle:

According to my in-game testing, the item will be used before the Thief user receives it. This is due to how Focus Sash works:

Focus Sash - " ... that damage reduces holder's HP to 1 and this item is consumed immediately."
Thief - "After this attack is used, if this attack was successful [..], user receives opponent's held item"

I have tried out Shed Shell Skarmory in the Battle Subway. And it seems that you can't switch out of anything when leading with him. Although you can switch out when not leading with him.

So I'm thinking that the Shed Shell keeps you from switching out when you're in the lead.

Could anyone else test it out to see if it happens to them too?

I have tried out Shed Shell Skarmory in the Battle Subway. And it seems that you can't switch out of anything when leading with him. Although you can switch out when not leading with him.

So I'm thinking that the Shed Shell keeps you from switching out when you're in the lead.

Could anyone else test it out to see if it happens to them too?
Lv 100 Scizor@Shed Shell (in the lead from the start) vs lv 10 Basculin:
"Scizor can't be switched out!"

After switching to Scizor and back out again, it's definitely just when in the lead.

I wonder why this is?

I'm relieved that it isn't a glitch on my game then.

Also, did that happen in the fourth gen too, or was it implemented from the fifth one? Because I thought the Shed Shell was an all-time activation.

I'm relieved that it isn't a glitch on my game then.

Also, did that happen in the fourth gen too, or was it implemented from the fifth one? Because I thought the Shed Shell was an all-time activation.
Having just tried it in SoulSilver, it looks like it works normally (you can switch).

And given that both Pokemon we tried were Steel type, I tried other types too, with the same results.

That is actually pretty interesting to know. One of those sneeky little changes from the generation shift.
So leading with a Shed Shell makes you unable to switch. Wish I knew about that sooner, but I guess it's one of those small things that goes unnoticed until it happens.
Thanks for confirming this for me!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Looks like the Shed Shell glitch only occurs in-game. My Shed Shell lead could switch out normally in a link battle.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I use sucker punch
Oponnent uses Nature Power

Sucker Punch fails, Nature Power KO's me.

Normal? Y/N?

If a Pokemon has a Metronome hold item, misses an attack, but continues using the same move, does the move loose it's Metronome power boosts, or will it keep gaining Metronome boosts as long as the move used isn't changed?

If a Pokemon has a Metronome hold item, misses an attack, but continues using the same move, does the move loose it's Metronome power boosts, or will it keep gaining Metronome boosts as long as the move used isn't changed?
It seems as though it's like Rollout etc. and the power resets in the case of a miss (from... yahoo answers, I can't test at the moment to be sure).

These little questions might be better for the SQSA thread, unless you think the answer should be put in the OP.

EV-berries

Okay, so the following regards the possibility that the EV-reducing berry mechanics have been altered (beneficially):

I was EV-training a pokemon, but messed up and got 4ev in HP, 4ev in SPDef, 255ev in speed, and 247ev in spatk (I knew I messed up because the stats didn't agree with expected calculations). I then used an EV-reducing berry on speed, thinking it would go down to 100ev in speed. However, I noticed its lvl50 stat did not change (and spoke to the one effort-value-ribbon person in gen5 and they told me my pokemon wasn't ev-trained). So then i got my extra 1ev in spatk (and then 2ev wherever) and my stats were good to go. So my question is:

If your EV-s in a stat are beyond 252, will an EV-reducing stat bring it down to 252? I should note that I've never used an action replay or any method of cheating. If someone would like to test this, that'd be great (I know that none of my other pokemon have 252+ evs in a single stat so it may take me a while).

I was ev-training a zoroark 31/x/30/30/31/31, timid. originally it had like 170spatk, 172 spe at lvl50 (and EV-person said it was ev-trained). after using berry it wasn't ev-trained (510 evs). and when i got my extra 1 ev in spatk - i was holding a poweranklet (because i thought my speed evs would be reset) and i had pokerus and killed a litwik.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In Black and White, EV berries always remove 10 EVs from their respective stat. Unless you have fewer than 10 in a stat, in which case it removes all of them.

I would imagine that's true, since a burned Pokemon has its attack stat halved and Explosion/Selfdestruct are physical attacks. I don't see why the condition would be any different for Explosion/Selfdestruct!

I would imagine that's true, since a burned Pokemon has its attack stat halved and Explosion/Selfdestruct are physical attacks. I don't see why the condition would be any different for Explosion/Selfdestruct!
Well, if its status is changed from "burned" to "fainted" before the game calculates damage, it might make a difference. The reason I ask is because PO changes status from burned to fainted first and thus does not halve the damage. I need to know if this is a bug or a feature.

Well, if its status is changed from "burned" to "fainted" before the game calculates damage, it might make a difference. The reason I ask is because PO changes status from burned to fainted first and thus does not halve the damage. I need to know if this is a bug or a feature.
Oh yeah, I never thought about that. Sorry, I'm not sure.

breh

強いだね
burned solrock explosion vs. my ttar: 27 damage
not burned solrock explosion vs. same ttar: 26 damage

PO is right.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unless we know the stats of Solrock, that doesn't prove this. Solrock's Attack has a wider than 50% possibility of increase. For instance, at level 50, you can theoretically increase Solrock's Attack by 56.3%.

We should settle this Explosion issue once and for all...

Tested in-game:
Lvl.100 212 Atk Shiftry's Explosion vs 404 HP / 236 Def Victini : 167 HP damage
Lvl.100 212 Atk burned Shiftry's Explosion vs 404 HP / 236 Def Victini : 83 HP damage

So burn does halve Explosion's damage output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)