B&W Research Thread

Discussion in 'Past-Gen Discussion' started by ΩDonut, Sep 21, 2010.

1. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

Not when I tested it. I might have made mistakes testing it though, might as well retest it.
  2. Focus

Focus I'm waiting you...

Does Leech Seed decrease the infected Pokémon's health if the opponent's side has no recipient for the healing effect? I am asking this because my seeded paralyzed guts Roobushin @ leftovers did not lose any health due to Leech Seed the turns that it knocked out an opposing Pokémon, and I was wondering if this is part of Leech Seed's effect or a PO glitch. Bulbapedia says that this is no glitch, but Smogon's description of Leech Seed makes no mention of this mechanic. I would like for this to be cleared up. Thanks!
  3. CanadiEntei

CanadiEntei

Does Holy/Sacred Sword ignore Evolution Stone?
  4. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor to Smogon

5. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

This has been in every 4th and 5th gen game I think. To answer your question, yes, if there is no recipient, leech seed will not take any health. This was a change that occurred in the newer games (as in, for example, 3rd gen, you would switch when a pokemon fainted, not at the turn's end; in DP and on, you switch at the turn's end and thus go after leech seed).
  6. meztips

meztips

I was thinking for a bit and I thought of an interesting question: When a pokemon uses surf in a double battle, is holding the water jewel, and hits both pokemon on the opposite field, does the water jewel power up the attack on just the first pokemon hit, or on both?
  7. November Blue

November Blue NO YOUTUBE, I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH VIDEOS AT MAX VOLUME!!
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I heard that if a magic mirror xatu uses thunderwave on another xatu, it will bounce back and forth, amplifying in power until a rift is torn in the fabric of space and time. This will release uber luvdisc from its exile, surely dooming us all.

.... Has anyone confirmed this? Or will MM only work once each, paralyzing the original target?
  8. ANinyMouse

ANinyMouse

Magic Mirror only reflects once. Two opposing Magic Mirrors do not change this.
  9. Chameleon

Chameleon

The halving effect I'm referencing is Explosion's loss of the defense-halving effect. Even so, in doubles, Explosion reaches >150 BP, which is decent for a move hitting all opponents at once.
    Serebii suggests otherwise, and although Serebii isn't always right, it's unlikely that it reported two moves which don't exist at all. There may be a catch or something.
    http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/attacks.shtml
    See "Freeze Bolt" and Cold Flare".
  10. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Mentor

Hey guys, this should be an easy test, and it's important for our simulator, but I don't have my DS here so I can't test it.

Can someone find out if a Pokemon holding Balloon gets hurt by Spikes or Toxic Spikes? It doesn't specify in the OP.
  11. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

yet another stupid question by me!

does clear smog ever miss if the opponent has evasion boosts or the user has accuracy drops?
  12. Zebstrika

Zebstrika

Clear Smog does not negate the user's stat changes. So I think it could miss if the user's accuracy is down.
  13. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I'm confirming that when a Pokémon is holding Balloon, it takes no damage from Toxic Spikes or Spikes.

Video. Hopefully its not private.
  14. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

AFAIK, Clear Smog is programmed with 101 accuracy (i.e. the game doesn't do an accuracy check; it never misses).

Now that Inconsistent is causing such a huge uproar, can someone test what it says in the OP (can Inconsistent attempt to raise/lower a stat at +6/-6 respectively)?
  15. Rama

Rama

Its a bit difficult to sift through the whole "
    New moves\items\abilites" section, is there a list posted somewhere with just new abilities?
  16. ensoriki

ensoriki

Cleaf Smog has absolute accuracy, just as swift, shock wave & aura sphere.

It goes 100% through evasion and removes their boosts.
    It's essentially haze with damage, it cannot miss unless if the opponent is a steel type, I believe it will fail as a result.
  17. Icy_eagle

Icy_eagle

ctrl-f is your friend

Does transform (and eccentric) copy tailwind speed boost?
  18. symphonyx64

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

After about 45 minutes to an hour of analyzing Inconsistent while keeping a running log of all the stats while fighting wild Pokémon, I have come to the conclusion that when a stat reaches +6 or -6, Inconsistent will simply not pick that stat to raise or lower respectively. Furthermore, when a particular stat is at +5 or -5, it will only go up by +1 or -1, not +2 or -2.
  19. j99ubers

j99ubers

I don't think that it does since Tailwind is a general boost to your side of the field rather than an actual stat boost so I doubt that it would be copied.
  20. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

So Inconsistent doesn't affect stats that are already minimised/maximised? If you have -6, is it impossible for that stat to be increased again?

Also, your wording on the last part is a bit ambiguous. Inconsistent raises a stat by 2 stages and lowers a stat by 1 stage; if a stat is at -5 and gets increased, would it go to -4 or -3?
  21. symphonyx64

Not at all.

In that case you explained, it is impossible for that stat at -6 to be decreased to a theoretical -7. Just like I had no stats at +6 that were increasing to a theoretical +8. However stats at -6 can still be raised +2 to be at -4. While testing, I had stats at +6 and they were decreased down to -5 again.

It would be raised to -3. -5+2 = -3.

I hope I made some more sense.
  22. Gabe

Gabe

If a pokemon is on a balloon, I think they are hurt with Entry hazards but the balloon isn't popped.
  23. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Ah, I understand. Well, I'll get coyotte to fix PO's implementation.

EDIT: Can anyone check if Starf Berry works similarly (and whether that too can boost evasiveness, or just the 5 visible stats)?
  24. Niched

Niched

I did some preliminary testing of Friend Card, and here's what I found.

In double battles,

Reduces damage dealt to teammate by approximately 3/4. Need to test the exact percentage, but it got pretty close to this every time.
    Does not reduce damage dealt to the pokemon with friend guard.
    Does not seem to block status.
    Does not reduce recoil or sandstorm.

I think it only reduces direct damage dealt to a teammate. Still need to test.
  25. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

it's not friend card, it's guard (though you seemed to have typed this in the same post, lol)

anyway does it block damage aimed directly at the pokemon (my glalie uses ice beam on friend guard igglybuff or something like that)?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)