1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

B/W2 forizzle!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Arrogance, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Arrogance

Arrogance

[​IMG]
    Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 8 SDef / 248 HP
    Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Hydro Pump
    Changed to a specs version. He now sets up weather before the other weather abusers, allowing for huge dents to be made with Hydro Pump.
    Most of the time with Politoad it's just Hydro Pump all day long. Does great damage even to resists.

[​IMG]
    Amoonguss (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Spore
    - Stun Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Dayuum. Since Dream World abilities are out, Amoongus under rain is sweet. I love regenerator. Spore lets me get in relatively safe switch ins, and the other cripples stat boosters. HP Ice actually does a lot and Giga Drain is there for more survivability.

[​IMG]
    Sharpedo (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Protect
    - Aqua Jet
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    I always wanted to have a Sharpedo on my team. It's frail, and I'm thinking of a dual screen support to help it.
    Protect to get one Speed Boost off. I may replace Aqua Jet with Ice Fang. Sharpedo cleans up the enemy team late game. I haven't met many hazards so far, but they really limit Sharpedo's survivability considering LO's recoil. Waterfall really is a great move on Sharpedo, and Crunch helps me take on Grass types. Aqua Jet is there for the quick jump of Scarfed Pokemon, but after 1 speed boost, I generally outspeed my opponent everytime. Protect scouts, and also stalls for more Speed Boosts. I was thinking of switching Aqua Jet with Ice Fang, although it does come in handy when I need to take out frail priority users.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    Everything besides Waterfall is filler. That is how good Waterfall is with this guy. I switch him in as a revenge killer, he easily gets the Moxie boost up and then tries to go for a sweep.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Flash Cannon
    Wish Support + semi-sweeper. Main answer to dragons, they can't do anything while I got dem wish up. So far at least. The only one that can actually take hits like a champ. Seconding what Anthrix said about Flash Cannon. =P I generally don't even use it anyway, Thunder all day yo. I love that paralyse.

[​IMG]
    Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 HP
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    Really awesome spinner, does well at taking hits and spinning away. His attacks also put great dents in the opponent's team. Replaced Mamoswine for Donphan, and the change was only for the better. I do sometimes miss my slightly more stronger Ice Shards, but it's a good trade-off considering I can now take away hazards from my team.

I'll make this pretty later. :DD​
  2. Arrogance

Arrogance

Reserved for Threat list.

Previous Team Members

Show Hide
    [spoiler][​IMG]
    Jellicent (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball
    - Surf
    Jellicent is not a wall anymore. Water Spout under the rain is srs business. Surf when my HP is running low, and the other two are coverage moves. Actually not very happy with Jellicent. Often too frail to come in to abuse Aqua Spout. Need something to replace this guy. :<
    I was thinking something along the lines of Starmie/Jolteon.

[​IMG]
    Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Icicle Crash
    I'm liking Mamoswine as a counter to Electric Pokemon that otherwise run this team. Gets up rocks, has a priority move and Thick Fat + Rain ensures that I can switch in to more attacks. Considering a Donphan over it, but I really do like Mamoswine's Ice Shard. If I play carefully, he can sometimes sweep as well.[/spoiler]
  3. Arrogance

Arrogance

4. Avatar Korra

Hello dude, you have an interesting team, I recommend you lengthen your descriptions a bit, just so team raters have an easier time rating it :)

Sharpedo seems pretty useless to me, especially when you have Gyarados. It's simply too frail and doesn't hit hard enough to be effective. While it might be strange to have a fire type, I recommend you add a Volcarona to your team!

[​IMG]

Volcarona @Leftovers
    Flame Body
    4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fire Blast
    -Hurricane
    -Bug Buzz

Volcarona checks many Pokemon that threaten Drizzle teams. Celebi, Virizion, Toxicroak, Latias, Ferrothorn, Scizor....no longer problems!

Your Jirachi seems annoying (in a good way :D) to battle against, however I recommend replacing Flash Canon with Water Pulse, for pseudo-STAB with rain, and VERY ANNOYING CONFUSION CHANCE. On second hand don't do this, if I ever battle this team I don't want to encounter lame para-fusion hax ;)
  5. Arrogance

Arrogance

I have Flash Cannon for Dragons/Abomasnow/T-Tar actually.
    I will consider that Volcanora, thanks. :)
    I sweep more with Sharpedo than with Gyarados actually. :O
  6. The Last Chance

The Last Chance

It should be noted that Volcarona should only run Fire Blast with a MODEST nature because of the 0HKO it can potentially get on Ferrothorn. With a timid nature, you are even less likely to get the 0HKO and should use Fiery Dance or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Flamethrower (the prior for the ability to boost SATK and the latter to guarantee the 0HKO on Ferry at +1). Otherwise, it looks like a solid team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)