1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Back at it, again!! (Team Rachi OU)*B/W1*

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by CedOmega, Sep 10, 2012.

1. CedOmega

CedOmega

[​IMG] Team Jirachi!

Hello fellow Smogonites, I'm back with another RMT for you all to enjoy and maybe rate. Because the current B/W2 metagame is being over ran by new Pokemon such as TechLoom & scarfed Imposter Ditto as well as a wide variety of SR abusers, I decided to create a new team. My previous team was outdated and could barely stand up to the likes of +2 Attack TechLoom w/ Mach Punch. First off, I know that many are gonna be against having 3 Choice items. This is true, although, when you consider having 1 Choiced Trick user, it only seems that, by a small technicality, I only have 2 Choice items. Anyways, without further due, here is the team.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi@Leftovers; SereneGrace
    Adamant: 252 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 4 Sp.Defense
    IronHead, BodySlam, StealthRock & U-turn

I started with Jirachi because it provided great parahax w/ Bodyslam and, coupled with IronHead, provided a much needed ParaFlinch technique. In choosing Jirachi, I wanted SR support to combat opposing Volcarona, amoungst other threatening Fire and Flying types. After a horrid experience of being trapped onto the field against a Magnezone(MagnetPull) w/ HP(Fire), I changed Wish>U-turn. I soon found that it helped to scout the opposing team and stop threats like Heatran and Gyarados from coming in and setting up on my Rachi. The current set seems to be doing a fair job of holding its own in battle.

[​IMG]
    Landorus@ChoiceScarf; SandForce
    Naive: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Sp.Attack
    EarthQuake, RockSlide, HP(Ice) & U-turn

Landorus is a godsend of B/W. I can't wait to get B/W2(English version) and change it into its Therian form for a bit more bulk. EQ is for STAB and the power behind it tends to KO its fair share in battle. I had StoneEdge>RockSlide at one point, but due to some game changing misses and reliability fails, I changed it to RockSlide. Landorus' job is to scout out the opposing team using U-turn and switch in to a Pokemon that could either set up or give momentum in VoltTurn. Since Gliscor is a common switch it, expecting it to U-turn on a Pokemon whom it would be super effective against, I decided to run Naive w/ HP(Ice). Opposing Landorus aren't a problem at all, once again due to HP(Ice) and team mates that resist and withstand its attacks.

[​IMG]
    Scizor@ChoiceBand; Technician
    Adamant: 252 Attack/ 252 Hp/ 4 Speed
    Bullet Punch, U-turn, SuperPower & Pursuit

Scizor's set is standard and its role on my team is always the same as any other CB Scizor. U-turning everything and punching holes/revenge killing everything that can't possibly KO it. With VoltTurn in effect, it becomes very difficult to counter it thanks to this team given its great team mates. Since only Fire type attacks can OHKO it at full HP, Scizor can easily U-turn to a counter to the opposing Pokemon. Almost rarely, Scizor is a lead and starts the VoltTurn with great power. Bullet Punch is for STAB + CB & Technician boost, giving it pure destructive priority. SuperPower is for a huge neutral attack and gives Scizor some offensive stance against opposing Steel types like opposing Jirachi. Scizor also makes a great switch in on Scarf/Specs Latios' Draco Meteor, serving as a trapper using a Technician boosted CB Pursuit that, without a doubt, OHKO's it. Scizor's placement here is no different than that of any other VoltTurn Scizor. U-turn is its most commonly abused attack choice.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W@Leftovers; Levitate
    Modest: 252 Sp.Attack/ 112 Hp/ 144 Speed
    Hydro Pump, VoltSwitch, Will-o-wisp & PainSPlit

Where there's Scizor, there's Rotom! Rotom is by far the most painfully Pokemon to take down of the team. Aside from Rachi, Rotom can cripple, burn, and split damage. Rotom loves punching holes in opposing teams. Hahaha, again, Gliscor come in on a predicted VoltSwitch only to be KO'ed the next turn by a STAB Hydro Pump(Thank you B/W type change!). Will-o-wisp help to cut down on physical damage from physically offensive Pokemon while helping to slowly cripple Gastrodon. Pain Split helps in the same sense, helping against counters like previously mentioned Gastrodon, Blissey and Chansey.

[​IMG]
    Latios@ChoiceSpecs; Levitate
    Timid: 252 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Defense
    Draco Meteor, Psyshock, HP(Fire) & Trick

Considering this Pokemon wasn't hard at all. I had somewhat of a motive, seeing as how it KO's a hell of a lot w/ a Specs Draco Meteor. HP(Fire is for Scizor switch ins. Once I see opposing Scizor, I know not to keep him in for very long, anyways. You use it mainly for bate since they always threaten to U-turn or Pursuit. It's resistance to Fire and Ground really came in, too. Its synergy w/ Jirachi is very useful any time in the game. Psyshock is there so that Chansey and Blissey can't freely come in and wall without much of a fight. It hits special bulky opponents like a truck. Trick come proved useful when I found the need to take healing items from the foe; or Eviolite from the previously mentioned Chansey.

[​IMG]
    Gengar@LifeOrb; Levitate
    Timid: 252 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Defense
    ShadowBall, FocusBlast, Substitute & PainSplit

I chose this Gengar set to be a b****; so to speak. Gengar are so annoying when behind a Sub+LifeOrb+PainSplit. Hahaha! Just as sinister as it looks, Gengar can easily KO Chansey after a few repeated LO boosted FocusBlasts. Even if Gengar comes into weather and takes damage, it easily recovers using PainSplit. I love seeing Gengar take SR, Sand, Hail and Burn damage + the Hp lost after setting up a few Substitutes only further benefits its Pain Split'ing ability. STAB LO boosted ShadowBall wreaks almost anything that doesn't know how to handle it, too. Which is great when considering bulky Pokemon that try and KO it.

Overall, the team is efficient. My only obvious threats so far have been Hazards, +2 QD Volcarona and +2 DD Haxorus; although finding enough time to set it up without taking a large dent in your team is very rare. Rain teams seem like they'd be...interesting to battle. I already noticed a few small weaknesses to SubDD Gyarados and +2 DD Haxorus w/ Lum Berry. Opposing VoltTurn teams seem to be a problem until Landorus comes in and evades a predicted VoltSwitch... Anyways, the team is seemingly solid until something new comes along. I've just recently started using standard Smogon sets; so yeah, I'm open to any team suggestions/changes. I look forward to any rates/suggestions! :)

What I lack:
    - A Spinner
    - Cleric/Support
  2. CedOmega

CedOmega

No suggestions for my team?
  3. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

Man, i do not have a lot of time right now because im at school, but i woould suggest to change Thunder Wave>Body Slam on Jirachi because it is annoying when body slam does not paralyses and you need the Speed drop of the opponent right now, also it helps you to stop ghost type pokemons such as Gengar and make them useless.

I will come back later and do a full rate!

~LilOu
  4. CedOmega

CedOmega

Will try that out, LilOuOn. Thanks for the suggestion and I look forward to your rating. :)
  5. JWoodhead18

JWoodhead18

Needs work

This is a solid team however I would like to make a few nitpicks, for example a choice scarfed gengar can ruin most of your team with shadow ball and focus blast if given the opportunity and since your gengar is orbed then i suggest your gengar will be wiped by a scarfed gengar.

Heatran is also a problem for your team as it will fry scizor and jirachi and if it has hidden power ice then you can kiss latios and landorus goodbye aswell.

I would change landorus to tyranitar as it can pursuit or crunch opposing ghosts such as gengar and chandelure which landorus lacks but tyranitar can EQ heatran if it doesn't have an air balloon. In the case that an opposing Heatran does have an air balloon then Tyranitar can also use superpower to finish off Heatran. Other than that I can't see anything else that's wrong here unless someone else knows.

Here is the Tyranitar set:

Tyranitar@ Choice Scarf: Sand Stream

4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly Nature

- Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
  6. CedOmega

CedOmega

Interesting suggestion, JWoodhead18. I will definitely try it out in my next battle. Although, Heatran aren't very much of a threat w/ Rotom-W & Landorus. I do have issues with SubToment Heatran, however. After they set up a Sub on Jirachi, they can do as they so please to the switch in. I agree, opposing Gengar are very annoying... The T-tar will definitely be used plus it provides weather. Seeing as it does have excellent synergy w/ Gengar. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. :)
  7. CedOmega

CedOmega

Tried out T-tar; as suggested by JWoodhead18. It did well, and assisted in providing Sand support for the team; except for Latios. Any suggestions on a replacement or alternate set? I'd be very appreciated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)