Back to the Basics R1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Back to the Basics is a really old-style double-elimination RBY tournament: everything legally obtainable is allowed. That includes Mewtwo (and Mew). That includes Double Team. We're going to battle it out like it's 1999...literally (only with Netbattle instead of the PBS).

Other rules of note:
* Sleep clause must be enabled.
* Self-KO clause must be enabled.
* Species clause is in effect.
* 6-on-6, no Stadium mode (Stadium didn't even come out until 2000).
* No Surf Pikachu/Raichu or Amnesia Golduck, as these were from Stadium.
* PP Ups must be on, unless both players wish to have them off.
* Beyond that, anything goes!

The bracket for the first round, thanks to random.org, is:
Dragados vs. Gavisi
[kd8]otome vs. blackshellbowser
homsar vs. Flub
Hipno vs. SSBM Roy
zerowing vs. goborage
Jackal vs. Pilocus
Sk vs. Loki
Spaced vs. Carl
darkbolt vs. Roy
Bulblax vs. spies
Surgo vs. Sandslash
Ace777 vs. Giga Punch
jrrrrrrr vs. Warthog
Groudon80 vs. GreenPikachu
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Mizuno
Judgement vs. Obi

Subs:
Mekkah
Best
Pillowrath
Ae_Sakura
rekt
peter_pan

You have until the clock hits midnight EDT on June 30th (that's the transition to July 1st) to get your battles done. If there are a lot left by then I will give an extension, but get your battles done ASAP: I have absolutely no patience for tournament lagging in a 32-man double elimination tournament and if I find you at fault I will see about getting you banned from entering future tournaments.

If you're having trouble getting on Smogon, use Pokerealm (which I am sadly banned from because Norulz is a coober). Here are their IPs if the registry goes down:
Smogon: 68.36.110.112
Pokerealm: nb.pokerealm.net

PM me if you feel you can't do it and need a sub.

Okay, that's all. Have fun!

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
haha but now you know my team ;(

well good luck, and prepare to face 4x pandoras!

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Don't worry about it, by a lot I mean, like...a lot of honest people.

Also PMed Sandslash, we'll be battling tomorrow. Can anyone beat us by battling earlier?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
in typical gp style, he quit at 2-1. pretty insane game though. at first, my mew ch'd him with +6 atk and then i did min damage leaving him at 1% and then lost the speed tie and missed stoss. then, it was my mewtwo vs his dting mewtwo. i hit the first and ch'd, and then won the speed tie again and ch'd again.

haha, that was fun. gg

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
my mew also had 2 dt's up when you were hitting, and my mewtwo had 3 dt's. aka you hit way too much through dt.

=[

but yeah gg. good luck in the wb.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
haxbolt strikes once again: i can't complain enough about that battle, i lost 2 or 3 - 0. gg i guess.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I talked to Warthog through pm on nb. We'll definitely get the battle done by your deadline of the 30th with no problems.

Surgo

goes to eleven
Hipno vs. SSBM Roy
zerowing vs. goborage
Sk vs. Loki
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Mizuno
Judgement vs. Obi

What is going on with these matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)