1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Back with another block rockin RMT

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Himper, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Himper

Himper

Hi! It's been awhile since I posted a RMT here, so I decided to do one on a new team I have. The title is a reference to one of my favorite artist's (The Chemical Brothers) song "Block Rockin Beats" found here. The significance (if any lol) of me being back was that I was the maker of a very well received RMT "Billie Mays Moxie Clean" found here.

To keep it short, I have a new team I have been using with better success as well, advice and such is welcome!

Importable
    Show Hide
    Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 248 SDef / 152 HP / 28 SAtk / 80 Def
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 236 Def / 248 HP / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature
    IVs: 2 SAtk
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 200 HP / 52 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Breloom @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Spore

At A Glance

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Time to take a look shall we?

[​IMG]
    Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 248 SDef / 152 HP / 28 SAtk / 80 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

[​IMG]
    Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 236 Def / 248 HP / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 200 HP / 52 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

[​IMG]
    Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

[​IMG]
    Breloom @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Spore

2. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

Hello, interesting team. I think you could use a more useful Skarmory set, changing it to a spiker with Spikes instead of Stealth Rock. Obviously, you'd need someone else to set those up, so I'd give Stealth Rock to Heatran, probably over Earth Power since it doesn't seem too problematic with your teammates Gastrodon, Breloom, Starmie and Garchomp. With Spikes, Skarmory can set-up on many physical threats, such as Dragon Dance Dragonite and most Garchomp. The additional hazard damage provided by Spikes will help Breloom or Garchomp to sweep late-game. Next, I'd go with Psyshock over Ice Beam on Starmie. This change allows you to deal with Calm Mind Keldeo and Expert Belt Keldeo with more ease, as it hits harder with STAB and targets Keldeo's less bulky defense stat. Ice Beam isn't needed since Garchomp revenge-kills most Dragons, who have problems dealing with Heatran and Skarmory. Anyways, nice team and good luck.
  3. Zeta5

Zeta5

Hi there, a really solid team my friend! I noticed that you have 4 speed EVs on your Heatran, but with 0 speed IVs? I'm slightly confused about that and if it was a mess up then now you can fix it :].

The next think I notice is the lack of fighting resist, sure Skarm works very well as a physical wall, but it can get pounded to the point where it goes down and gives fighting types such as Infernape and Conkeldurr close to free reign over your team and can do considerable amounts of damage (you don't get outright wrecked by them but you need a way out). My suggestion is to run a more defensive Starmie set

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Psyshock/Psychic/Ice beam
    - Scald

The advantages of this set is that it makes Starmie bulkier, making it harder to squash and making it itself harder to take down. It gives you the obligatory rapid spin, and lets you recover with well...recover. This keeps your Starmie more omnipresent with the potential to spin those nasty hazards away. The last 2 moves though are more flexible. You might want the psychic STAB since it will help you patch that fighting problem. If you want, you can rely on scald(don't burn Conkeldurr though!) to cripple the fighting types but you can just as easily just take them out. Scald has decent power and has that huge burn chance. You might still want to run ice beam in case you really need that ice coverage for dragon types. Its all up to you, you can even choose to do ice beam and psychic/shock over scald since you do have gastro and heatran to burn.

The downside about this change is that Starmie loses a lot of its power and the almighty boltbeam coverage. Meaning you have to go a play A LOT safer with your attackers if you want to do damage.

I hope I managed to help you!
  4. Himper

Himper

Ok so, I made this RMT and have had no Internet access the last few days. Anyway, I have not done much testing, however the Ice Beam -> Psyshock change has proven effective and will be on my team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)