Bad Blood

(i did the swaggy as fuck banner)

Hey guys, Lasagne21 here with my first RMT and 1K post. If you know me, you know I'm shit at teambuilding, which is why i haven't posted an RMT before this point. This team, however, turned out pretty well, so i thought I'd share it for my 1000th post. I don't ladder much so don't have any great achievements there (like doing well on the ladder is an achievement anyway). The team's done pretty well though, so here it is. I called the team Bad Blood simply because I've been listening to a lot of Bastille lately, along with SR-71, Lorde and Imagine Dragons (hmu)

First Glance

I felt like making a new team, so I thought I'd start the team off with one Pokemon that I knew was fucking amazing, and one that I hadn't tried before, but was keen to try out. So, I started with Specs Charizard and Iron Fist Gurdurr.

I then wanted a Stealth Rocker, and just threw Seismitoad on (no thought went into this except that it learns rocks).

I realised Psychic types might be a bit of a problem, especially stuff like Scarf Jynx, so i decided to add a Lum Berry Skuntank to the team, since it's pretty efficient at taking out Psychics and also the Ghosts that could otherwise be a pain.

I thought this team was shaping up pretty well at this point, then noticed Sawk could do a number on my team if it was allowed to, so I decided I'd add a Misdreavus, going for Nasty Plot for some reason i can't remember.

I wasn't sure where to go from here, so I decided I'd add a Musharna, since it forms a cool core with Gurdurr and Skuntank, and is generally a good Pokemon. And there's the full team!

I tested out Regirock and Ludicolo over Seismitoad and Misdreavus due to ebeast and FLCL pointing out that my team wasn't happy about Water-types and Braviary. However, this team did better, and actually deals fine with the aforementioned Pokemon, so long as I make the right predictions and play well.

In-Depth Look
(clicking song names will link to the songs so do that cos they're awesome)

Pompeii

Pompeii (Charizard) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]​

Charizard is soooooooo good........ It's just way too strong. With Choice Specs, this thing will completely wreck any team it comes across that isn't just a team of shit like Mantine / Regirock / Frillish / Tentacool / yeah fuck off m8. One of my best switchins to Mandibuzz, since it usually comes in on Musharna or Skuntank, which it's not going to Toxic, and most of the time Taunts. Therefore Charizard gets an easy switch, and does like 80% to Mandibuzz with Fire Blast which is awesome. Once mons like Mantine (which isn't very common anyway), Regirock and Seismitoad are weakened a bit, you really can just go all out with Fire Blast, since NOTHING WANTS TO TAKE ONE except like flash fire lampent but fuck that. I don't really need Focus Blast on this set, but it can be useful to hit uhhhh Lickilicky I guess. The other moves are just way more useful, though I haven't found myself using HP Grass much tbh. As I'm writing this I thought of using Sleep Talk over HP Grass and changing Skuntank's item so I might try that out soon. also it crits Soulgazer every time and destroys him. thats what he gets for being french imo

It's called Pompeii because, like Aegislash with Shadow Ball, it can simply "click a move and watch everything crumble" - alexwolf

Synergy:
-

-

-

These Streets
These Streets (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Knock Off

This is the first team I've tried Iron Fist Gurdurr on, and I love it. In the past I've primarily used Guts Bulk Up Gurdurr, and it's been a little underwhelming, to the point where I was starting to wonder why it was Mid A on the viability rankings. Then I gave this motherfucker a chance and oh my god it's amazing. Drain Punch does insane damage to stuff with the boost from Iron Fist + STAB + Gurdurr's great Attack. Mach Punch is great for finishing stuff off at low health, and makes Gurdurr act as one of my main revenge killers. Knock Off is so incredibly useful, especially in getting rid of Eviolites from things like Misdreavus and Tangela. I've been going back and forth between Ice Punch and Stone Edge. Stone Edge is incredibly useful for mons like Charizard and Scolipede, but Ice Punch is more useful in general, so I'm not sure which I prefer. I usually go with Stone Edge when playing people I know are good, and Ice Punch on the ladder, though Ice Punch is also useful in proper matches. Gurdurr also has awesome physical bulk with Eviolite, and it takes on loads of shit really well like Brave Birds from Braviary and also means it beats Kangaskhan all the time if its at reasonable health.

Gurdurr is called These Streets because its clearly been living rough for a while, and is one of the toughest, manliest and outright swaggiest mons in NU.

Synergy:
- :/
-

Flaws
Flaws (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot

Offensive toad only toad. Seriously, I don't like defensive Seismitoad much, but offensive is pretty fun and almost always gets its job done. It will usually get up Stealth Rock, and often take out one of the opposing Pokemon in the process. It has a good matchup against the majority of the common leads, such as Regirock, Golem and Golurk, as it can OHKO all of them (except Golem of course due to Sturdy). 24 Speed EVs lets it outspeed max Speed Golem which is pretty cool. Hydro Pump is powahful and kills every lead ever. Stealth Rock is obligatory, and Grass Knot helps against other Seismitoad as well as opposing Water-types in general. Earthquake is a less standard move, though i find it really useful over Earth Power. It can be an unpleasant surprise for opposing Pokemon such as Jynx who think they wall my set, when NOPE Earthquake comes along to shatter that ice queen. Even without Attack investment, it always OHKOs Jynx after Rocks, and does over 50% to Golbat when it Roosts, which is pretty useful (though Earth Power still does that). Seismitoad is also the teams main answer to Water-types that aren't Ludicolo, though it has to watch out for HP Grass from stuff like Gorebyss and Samurott.

It's called Flaws because lets be honest Seismitoad has lots of flaws (aka its ugly as fuck), but its still a pretty cool mon

Synergy:
-

Bad Blood
Bad Blood (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Skuntank is a cool Pokemon. I'm just using the standard set cos all other sets suck dick, so yeah. It's a pretty cool mon for dealing with Ghost and Psychic mons, especially with a Lum Berry. It means it can switch in on stuff like Musharna's Thunder Wave and Jynx's Lovely Kiss, which is really useful. From there it can Taunt them, Sucker Punch them, trap them with Pursuit, whatever basically. Jynx still outspeeds if you switch in on it so can Lovely Kiss again, but lets be honest here - Lovely Kiss never hits twice in a row. Triple Dark STAB is really fun to playa round with, as it puts insane pressure on the opponent and their predictions. Taunt shuts down loads of stuff from setting up in your face, though it can be risky against stuff like Golem. The Speed EVs let you outspeed Timid Gorebyss before a Shell Smash, and Taunt it to prevent it from Smashing, or simply finish it off if its at low health with Crunch. Like I said with Charizard, I'm considering running either Dread Plate or Black Sludge over Lum Berry and putting Sleep Talk on Charizard.

Called Bad Blood because it often drives people insane with what they have to do to predict what move Skuntank is using. Also it must have something really bad flowing through its bloodstream to be able to fart like it can.

Synergy:
-

Laura Palmer
Laura Palmer (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

Musharna is one of the most consistently good Pokemon in NU. It is the best Pokemon to take on the tier's numerous Fighting-types, such as Gurdurr, Sawk and Primeape, which is just part of what makes it so great. However, I'm running a Specially Defensive spread to help me deal with Charizard, and Rain/Sun teams more effectively. Zard is otherwise a bit of an issue for my team, so Specially Defensive Musharna is really useful. Baton Pass is really useful for acting as a bulky pivot, as it can easily gain momentum on common Musharna switchins such as Liepard. Moonlight heals the fetus up, increasing its longevity and letting it beat loads of stuff (aka everything) more efficiently. Psychic is the standard STAB attacking move and helps it deal with Fighting types much better. Thunder Wave has been incredibly useful for me. Paralysing opposing Chlorophyll/Swift Swim Pokemon, Charizard, and other fast annoying Pokemon like Tauros has saved me in many matches. I'm looking to fit Reflect onto this set as it will come in very handy, but I'm not sure what to remove. I would take away Thunder Wave but it's just too useful. The other moves are must-haves though, so I'm not sure what to do :/ I'm considering replacing Misdreavus with a Thunder Wave user so i can freely use Reflect on Musharna.

It's called Laura Palmer because it escapes into its own Dream World from the real world to get away from the troubles of real life. Also, despite many people seeing it as an unappealing Pokemon, it is really quite good and pretty cute tbh. (listen to the song to understand what the fuck im on about)

Synergy:
-

-

-

Icarus
Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

I'll just say this: Misdreavus is probably the member of this team I'm looking to replace most. It hasn't been doing much in the matches I've played, so I'm not really that happy with it. I'm planning on replacing Will-O-Wisp with Taunt, but I haven't tested that out yet, which is why it's slashed at the moment. Nasty Plot is definitely my favourite Misdreavus set. It's great fun, and often sweeps unprepared teams. With Taunt, it's an awesome counter to Alomomola, as long as you don't switch in on a Toxic. However, it just doesn't fit too well on this team, but I haven't found a better fit yet. Shadow Ball + Thunderbolt is awesome coverage, as it hits the large majority of NU for neutral damage (fuk krokorok). Suggestions for replacements for this are very welcome.

It's named Icarus because it often flies close to danger and ends up being overwhelmed by it (also fsr everything burns it :< )

Synergy:
-

-

- opposing Charizard are pretty annoying once Musharna is gone. It can easily spam Fire moves (when Seismitoad is weakened), but I usually manage to keep it under check with a combination of Stealth Rock and Musharna never dying.

- Normal/Flying mons in general are annoying, but these are the main two. SubBU Braviary does a lot to my team and a lot of my Pokemon can't do jack shit back. Even Band or Scarf Braviary will do a number to my team, but its easier for Musharna to handle that, as it wont be setting up in my face. The main reason these mons are annoying is that my primary Normal check - Gurdurr - is weak to their secondary STAB moves, though it still doesn't die easily and can pick off a weakened bird with Mach Punch.

/
- weather teams in general are a bit of a problem. I haven't come up across many teams of either archetype if I'm honest, but I can see that they would most likely do a number on me if I did come up against them more often. Ludicolo in particular can be annoying, as with a Rain Dance up it outspeeds and 2HKOes my whole team. Considering getting my own Ludicolo or Roselia over Misdreauvs for them.

I'll most likely add more here later, but these are the biggest threats.

Conclusion
Thanks for reading my first RMT, hopefully it's not too shit. This team has been quite fun so far, especially Charizard and Gurdurr. I'll post a lot of shoutouts and an importable below, feel free to steal the team (though I'm not sure why would you wouldn't steal one of flcl's or something). Also thanks to FLCL for the amazing art for each Pokemon.

FLCL - amazing art :') also helped me test the team a bit so thats cool

Soulgazer - probably tested this team the most, awesome friend, but i feel obligated to say "You are a butt."

Raseri - best tier leader 2013

ebeast - YOU'RE SO KAWAII, YURI THE ONLY ONE FOR ME, PRICELESS LIKE A PS3

atomicllamas - good gauy :] also #slutpower

TropiOUs - druddigon

jrp - FAGET ALERT

Fusxfaranto - make more inverse shit

Treecko - person who got me into nu accidentally hue

Cherub Agent - the scarffffff

Nova - <Novaray> Shout me out

skylight - are u high

cbt - one of my first friends on smogon. check your pillow

Jac - quality mod

Zebraiken - other best tier leader 2013

Molk - other other best tier leader 2013

tennisace - is cute

citro - leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

scorpdestroyer - the race to 1k is over

Silvershadow234 - essex the champion county

Annoyer - where have you even been

DTC - dick touncher chris

Imanalt - RHYDONRHYDONRHYDONRHYDONRHYDON

TalkTakesTime - nz rule

Shame That - shame that u suck xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Lolkomori - #SLUTPOWER

Nozzle - MORE #SLUTPOWER

Brammi - YET MORE #SLUTPOWER

Audiosurfer - my primary doubles contact

FireMage - the one and only

Arcticblast - r3 of dubs tour with your team o/

Mizuhime - cool gal

mikel - doge

Robert Alfons - fagtron :')

Hot N Cold - best spaniard imo

Sidfrid - awesome nu guy

Aurora - RORY THE RACING CAR

Enguarde - 2 swag 4 me

Level 51 - good guy all around

Woodchuck - pun master

V4Victini - v4nication

Dat Blast - best nu qc member

WhiteDMist - also best nu qc member

Oglemi - FABULOUS

Swamp-Rocket - cool guy imo

The Immortal - .seen kupo

Wepwnemon - quality ru player

Nails - red pandas tho

wiitle - coppa get out

ShootingStarmie - you can shoot my starmie ;)

ThisMysteriousGuy - ubahz

Shii - shii n_n

JoshuaMunoz - post in nu moar even tho its dead anyway

Governess - rps :o

EspyOwner - quality homo

blarajan - indians smh

Incon - great music taste

Dusk209 Nebuchadnezzar The Reptile OiawesomeDG Nollan - rip duskmod

various TBT people, aka kupo PandawCoffee LightBlueMist Fallacies idk who else even has smogon

Crona - stunfisk

im pretty sure i forgot loads of people so please tell me

Pompeii (Charizard) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Flaws (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Rash Nature
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot

These Streets (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Bad Blood (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Icarus (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Laura Palmer (Musharna) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
the arts are better than the team itself
use stunfisk+mantine man its way better

<&ebeast> his team is weak to every water-types
<&ebeast> and
<&ebeast> flying-types
<&ebeast> he should use regirock + ludicolo

He's right (and I considering it when we were testing but I wasn't sure at the time) Those two Pokemon literally patch up everything for you without openning a glaring weakness.

Ludicolo > Misdreavus
Regirock > Seismitoad

Since you lose a win condition (missy), you should use Bulk Up Gurdurr over the Pivot set. I know you like it n stuff, but imo this isn't a set that should be builded around n_n. I would also use physically defensive Musharna over the SpDef you currently use since you won't have Misdreavus anymore to help with Fighting-types.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Spd / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain / Toxic

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Spd / 240 HP / 252 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Last edited:
as you know I've tried Regirock and Ludicolo, but they simply didn't work out well for me. I'll give them another try along with your other proposed changes though, since I agree they do seem to fix all my problems

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only reason why you won the 1k race was because I deleted too many old posts and you refused to do art

You can maybe try Kangaskhan over Misdreavus. It serves as a win condition, but it also gives you a check to everything in your threatlist. The loss of a Normal and Fighting immunity doesn't really hurt since Gurdurr checks most Fighting-types anyway (apart from the Flyers, and Kangaskhan deals with Swellow and CB Braviary) and Musharna can soak up Fighting-type attacks. Since speed control isn't as important with Kangaskhan's priority etc, you might consider Reflect > Thunder Wave on Musharna, idk.

This is a very strong team. Overall looking at the team, Rain Teams could be a bitch, and you have nothing to switch into Swellow / Braviary, who can come in and be near garunteed at least 1 kill every time they come in. I can also so CB Sawk being a big threat as your Musharna is not invested physically, and your Misdreavus is the NP Set, making it much harder to switch in as well.

The first thing I suggest is running Toxic over grass knot on seismitoad, as it makes you slightly less defenseless against grass types and bulky walls. Seismitoad will really appreciate being able to cripple opposing bulky pokemon, something that grass knot can't really do. While Grass Knot can be useful for hitting opposing Seismitoads and Water types, I see no purpose to run it, as it really is a situational move.

I would consider running Offensive Utility Metang (EQ over Stealth Rocks on Metang) over Skuntank. While Skuntank is the best trapper in the metagame, it doesn't quite fit on your team, as your team isn't that weak to psychics as a whole. Metang checks psychics equally as well, but also has the added benefit of being able to switch into Swellow a few times, who previously rolled through your team. This is also a much better answer to jynx than skuntank, as Metang can beat it out near garunteed.

I would run Physically Defensive Pivot Musharna over your specially defensive set, as this gives you a way to switch into Strong fighting types such as Sawk even after your Misdreavus is taken down (who from the beginning wasn't a solid check). This also gives you a better chance to survive Pursuit trappings.

Pivot Gurdurr is ok, but Guts Bulk Up Gurdurr imo fits the team better in the end. This is because of how common status is, and that without Guts, gurdurr is simply crippled. This also gives you a very powerful late game cleaner, which your team currently lacks. While cleaners / sweepers are not mandatory, they do help secure wins late game, and imo are very important to guaranteeing a larger win:loss ratio.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)