Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Logically, I just settled with yelling in frustration at my DS, and reset again for the 38th fucking time. Getting a Heatran with the right IVs is obviously going to take longer than I thought. No wonder people just cheat, and program their own Pokemon.
But then again, there are also people who don't cheat and instead settle down to SR for two weeks straight to get pentaflawless legendaries because cheating is just lame.

But then again, there are also people who don't cheat and instead settle down to SR for two weeks straight to get pentaflawless legendaries because cheating is just lame.
Probably a good thing that I can't cheat even if I wanted to, so it is once more unto breach. Cheating is like the Dark Side of gaming anyways. It's not better (unless you're impatient/just don't wanna spend the time), just faster.

Finding a Suicune in Route 1 on Pokemon Fire Red. How's that bad luck? I had ZERO poke-balls. Never found him again..

I was breeding for a Technician Breloom, and finally got a Shroomish with IVs in all the right places yesterday.

Problem is that he has Poison Heal. I already have a pair of flawless IV Poison Healers, so I don't suppose anyone wants him? Still, you'll have to use BP if you want to use the SubPunch set. If not, I'll just WT him.

Strangely enough, a lot of the hatchlings that I got yesterday had any ability BUT Quick Feet, even though the Shroomish I'm using to breed is female. I even checked to make sure she has Quick Feet. I have no idea why my game is acting up right now.

Edit: The damned thing did the same damned, fucking thing again!!!! How many fucking times do I have to tell my game that I don't want another 5IV Poison Healer?!!!

It is no wonder people cheat: so that they don't have to put up with this bullshit!! If I could use Power Save, I'd probably skip trying to get one legitimately a third time, and just force the damned IVs that I want as I see fit. I can't though, so I guess that I gotta crap in the game's cornflakes.

Edit: it took me 3 flawless 5IV Poison Healers, but I finally have the one perfect Quick Feeter. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of WTing to clear out some space.
As for all of those 4IVers that the game sees fit to push on me: well, I say they just don't exist. :P

Edit: *Sigh* I haven't been having much luck getting a female Sturdy Tyrunt, so I can breed in Dragon Dance, and maybe Curse, and some Elemental Fang moves. Two Strong Jaw females later, and I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm. And I still have to hatch another female. I hate the 1 in 8 gender ratio.

Last edited:
I was breeding for a Technician Breloom, and finally got a Shroomish with IVs in all the right places yesterday.

Problem is that he has Poison Heal. I already have a pair of flawless IV Poison Healers, so I don't suppose anyone wants him? Still, you'll have to use BP if you want to use the SubPunch set. If not, I'll just WT him.

Strangely enough, a lot of the hatchlings that I got yesterday had any ability BUT Quick Feet, even though the Shroomish I'm using to breed is female. I even checked to make sure she has Quick Feet. I have no idea why my game is acting up right now.

Edit: The damned thing did the same damned, fucking thing again!!!! How many fucking times do I have to tell my game that I don't want another 5IV Poison Healer?!!!

It is no wonder people cheat: so that they don't have to put up with this bullshit!! If I could use Power Save, I'd probably skip trying to get one legitimately a third time, and just force the damned IVs that I want as I see fit. I can't though, so I guess that I gotta crap in the game's cornflakes.

Edit: it took me 3 flawless 5IV Poison Healers, but I finally have the one perfect Quick Feeter. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of WTing to clear out some space.
As for all of those 4IVers that the game sees fit to push on me: well, I say they just don't exist. :P

Edit: *Sigh* I haven't been having much luck getting a female Sturdy Tyrunt, so I can breed in Dragon Dance, and maybe Curse, and some Elemental Fang moves. Two Strong Jaw females later, and I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm. And I still have to hatch another female. I hate the 1 in 8 gender ratio.
Actively saying you wish you could cheat is not the best procedure against frustration, y'know?

Also, after 25 days of SR'ing I obtained my 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Mewtwo in a Heal Ball, but I've had A LOT of RNG trolling me. I don't even know what kept me going... Anyways, the best ones:

1. 31/x/31/31/31/31 Jolly. Lame trolling RNG -_-
  2. 31/31/31/31/31/x Quiet. TR Mewtwo is the new world order
  3. x/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly. Agh.
  4. 31/31/31/31/x/31 Naughty. No, don't laugh, I'm serious
  5. And best for last: 31/31/31/31/31/31... Hardy. Yea my 3DS's screen now has a bigass dent because of that

I think I lost this one to hax despite fighting tooth and nail to win: PP4W-WWWW-WWXY-7BYR

Missing with Crunch twice was a bitch. I'm certain that Gardevoir was holding Bright Powder.

On the bright side, I finally got that Sturdy Tyrunt with all the moves and IVs I wanted.

Last edited:
SRing for an HP Fire mixed Xerneas is extremely painful:
  • Mild - 31/30/31/4/30/31 (-_-)
  • Jolly - 31/31/31/22-23/31/31 (wtf RNG I don't want a STABless physical Xerneas. If only it had Play Rough)
  • Naive - 31/30/31/30/1/30 (like srsly?)
  • Quirky - 31/30/31/30/31/30 (fuck you too RNG, Troll Freak, Nintendo, and everyone else involved in the creation of something like that)
  • Mild - 31/8/31/2/31/0 (what is this I don't even...)
The one time I forgot to use a Quick Ball and used a Master Ball I got a Mild - 31/30/31/30/31/30. I ended up tossing it because of the ball (I already have a Modest 31/even/31/30/31/30 Xerneas in a Master Ball)

I don't suppose I could ever post any of my Poké Showdown battles, because I just had the worst Random Battle ever.

Well, it was also my first Showdown Battle ever. Not that it matters, in this case, seeing as how I closed the window without recording it.

Me and a friend of mine started doing 6v6 triple battles with only Clefables that know only Metronome. In our 2nd game his Clefable on the left used Bounce and his Clefable on the right used Dig. His middle Clefable used Explosion. I was like, really? Then I sent out my other 3 Clefables, but then one of his Clefables used Perish Song! Omg.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Hey, I’ve recently started with breeding for competitive Pokémon, and would like to share the few experiences I had with it so far.

My fist project was a female HA Aerodactyl in a Premier Ball. I was expecting some complications due to the low 12.5% female ratio, so I made sure that I had decent parents to start with.
  • Father: 31/31/31/X/31/31 = flawless
  • Mother: 31/31/X/X/31/31 = missing Def
  • Odds for flawless HA female: ~ 1/120
I finally got the flawless female after 230 eggs, which equals to 2 days of continuous breeding. By that time, I had already hatched 21 flawless HA males and almost a box full of female spitbacks.

After this I moved on to breeding a HA Cranidos in a Heal Ball, which I was hoping would prove all the more successful after this rather unfortunate beginning. Likewise, I made sure to have decent parents before starting the project.
  • Father: 31/31/31/31/31/31 = flawless
  • Mother: 31/31/31/31/X/31 = missing SpD
  • Odds for flawless HA female: ~ 1/120
Well, this time it took me entire 315 eggs to finally hatch the desired female, which easily topped the breeding difficulties I had with Aerodactyl previously...
In the end I had almost an entire box full of flawless HA males (26)! Wasn’t the ratio supposed to be 1 female to 8 males?
Nonetheless, holding that flawless female in your hands after all the effort definitely gives you a great feeling of achievement^^

After all the breeding I felt like doing something different, and decided to look for a Sand Veil Larvitar in the Terminus Cave and catch it in a Dusk Ball. According to online statistics, there is a 1/20 chance of horde Pokémon having their HA, which was good enough for me. Although Larvitar hordes are relatively rare in the cave (5%), I only needed to encounter about 8 of them for 20 female Larvitar, which I would take a few hours at most.
But as so often one can’t rely solely on statistics, and after checking 60 female Larvitar to no avail I was about to give up on it. I’ve spent almost an entire day farming hordes at that point, and wanted to give it one more try before moving on. Well, it turns out that the 62nd female Larvitar actually had the desired HA^^
Also, I’ve had about 2400 encounters in the cave before finding the HA Larvitar, which (combined with my Shiny Charm) gave me the chance to meet this little guy:
Adamant (M)

By the way, if anyone is in interested in a flawless male HA Aerodactyl/Cranidos in their special ball, let me know and I'll be happy to send you one of the spares.^^ Credit for the original parent goes to MagnusArcanum.

OK so I was doing a Pearl Nuzlocke, and I was against the two trainers nr. Oreburgh that use Ponyta and Pachirisu. I sent out Bronzor and Geodude, as I planned to use magnitude to faint them. Pachirisu uses Charm on Geodude, and Ponyta uses Ember on Bronzor. Magnitude does pitiful damage. I decided to keep bronzor in. Mistake number 1. Ember Crits and KO's Bronzor. I manage to kill Ponyta with Rock Throw. I switch my Budew in, thinking that Magnitude would kill Pachirisu, but not kill Budew. Mistake number 2. It crits Budew, fainting it. Salt insues.

This happened to me yesterday in SS. I wanted to try SubPunch Breloom ingame (seemed like a good idea at the time), so I was grinding BP for a Toxic Orb in the Battle Tower. All was going well, until one battle. The AI leads with Crawdaunt against my Golem. No problem, I switch to Ampharos and swiftly dispatch it. Then out comes Magneton. I switch back into Golem, but Magneton uses Supersonic, confusing me. It then starts spamming Magnet Bomb and, although I can tank a few hits due to Golem's awesome Defense and Magneton's bad Attack, Golem keeps hitting itself in confusion and can't EQ for the win.

No problem, I can just switch Ampharos back in to kill with Specs Focus Blast, right? So I do that. I am reminded of why Focus Miss earned its nickname as Magneton paralyzes me with TWave. But I've still got a pretty good chance to hit it, right?

"The foe's Magneton used Magnet Bomb! A critical hit! Ampharos is paralyzed! It can't move!"
Blast, the RNG was not in my favour. Well, that was a crit, and I've got enough HP to tank a couple more hits, right?
"The foe's Magneton used Magnet Bomb! A critical hit! Ampharos is paralyzed! It can't move!"
...Dang, I hit the worst RNG seed possible. Ampharos doesn't have enough HP to tank a Magnet Bomb, and goes down the next turn.

My remaining mon is Feraligatr, who manages to kill it, but not before it's paralyzed and brought down to 6 HP to be revenge killed by the AI's last mon (a Dodrio).

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't caught a shiny in the wild since my age was single digits (in either Sapphire or Emerald) and I've played almost every Pokemon game since then! After that, I found a shiny Shellder in Gold or Crystal but my box was full so I had to kill it :(

Also I have been trying for YEARS to recruit Rayquaza in Red Rescue Team. YEARS. I mentioned this to some people recently and they suggested that I use the Friend Bow or save at the checkpoint but I've literally tried EVERYTHING. My starter is now level 100, can walk through walls, carries Friend Bow; all I want is Rayquaza but I've probably tried a thousand times.

Similarly, when I was also single digits playing the same copy of Sapphire, I beat the Elite Four and went to capture Rayquaza not knowing that I would be resetting my games MULTIPLE times and going through 99 ultra balls.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
After spending a good amount of time trying to hatch a good mixed beldum, I decided to hatch some mons to fill entries, one of them being Phione.

I cannot tell what was worse: this was the break in a long streak of no shinies, this technically being my first shiny legend, or the trait being 'mischievous' as if the game birthed a troll.

In my Emerald Nuzlocke, I lost my faithful starter to the first Elite 4, Sidney. She was only Sand-Attacked once by the Mightyena, but it was that move that let Sidney's Absol set up two Swords Dance and an Aerial Ace, ending my starter way before I had expected. She was going to be my ace against Wallace too . . . :[

Today, on Pokémon Showdown, I was doing Random Battles, and have had a five-match losing streak, bringing my ladder from 1410+ to 1350+, two of which were caused by Cosmic Power, Stored Power Sigilyphs, which was you know, there is very precious little that can be done to stop once they set up.

Two times, in the same fucking day. Pokémon Showdown must hate me, and if so, the feeling is mutual. Well, a love-hate relationship anyways. I even recorded one of them: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-226078013

So, I was fooling around on the Suspect Ladder (don't have much time to go get reqs) when I faced a mono-Fire team. As my team is very weak to Volcarona, I send out Ttar, hoping to set up Rocks first or force Volcarona, if it leads, out. True to form, my opponent sends out Volcarona. As I was afraid of it setting up, I clicked Stone Edge, which missed while Volca's Bug Buzz 2HKO. I was forced to send out Excadrill to revenge with Rock Slide, which missed while getting OHKO-ed by Fire Blast. After several turns of struggling, I forced an endgame of Landorus-I vs Talonflame. My Lando-I had Rock Slide so I was counting my chicks by then since Talonflame can't KO me from that health. Then, Brave Bird crits and both mons faint, giving victory to my opponent. :-(

My girlfriend and I play these games together, lately when we started on ORAS, she has gotten a Timid Kyogre, Modest Female Ralts, broke 4 rocks, got three star pieces in a row and a big pearl.

I tried recreating my old Ruby team and wound up with a careful abra and a modest aron. I know single player is easy as piss, but there are standards as to what you train with, and what you see your girlfriend right next to you get rain danced with the goods. She doesn't even battle competitively and yet she'll remind me about her luck compared to mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)