Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Tried catching Aegislash last night. I had enough coins for all the items (except EXP+), but even though I S-ranked the stage, he got away, since I didn't have enough coins for a Great Ball.

Fun with Metronome:

"Munchlax used Metronome! Waggling a finger let it use Worry Seed!
"The wild Bunnelby's ability became Insomnia!
"Munchlax used Metronome! Waggling a finger let it use Spore!
"It doesn't affect the wild Bunnelby..."

"Togepi used Metronome! Waggling a finger let it use Fling!
"The Exp. Share was thrown!"
Don't you just get the item that you flung back at the end of the battle?

I'm pretty sure something like this has happened to me before but I don't remember losing the item permanently.

Any on-contact ability that spreads status (Static, Flame Body, Cute Charm, Effect Spore, and Poison Point) will kick in 80% of the time when you hit the opponent, but 20% of the time when they hit you. Never fails.
And this is why I tend to carry a decent amount of healing items at all times.

After trying to get that perfect IV Skrelp in ORAS, decided I'd be nice and wonder trade off all the extras that at least had adaptability, including the original parent since I didn't need it anymore. But as the pokeball rose into the sky, I remembered something...

I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE DESTINY KNOT. My only one! "Come back!" I yell to the heavens in vain as a Zigzagoon drifts down. T-T

Edit: Right after this one of my Secret Base trainers found a Master Ball, which at least took the sting off. Well, time to go Master Ranks some contests...

Once, during Platinum, I was messing around post-game with an overlevelled Machamp I'd brought over from Emerald. It was fairly useless, but it's high level let me get away with using Metronome against in-game trainers, and prior to that I'd never really experimented with Metronome.

Anyway, this one day around sunset I was battling one of those trainers on the upper length of that route just before Sunyshore, an I metronome'd... which promptly turned into Fling, which then flung my Luck Incense at the hapless AI for pitiful damage. I did not get it back.

And that was the last time I used Metronome!

((I've also been SRing a standard HP Ice Raikou in ORAS, and I've had to reset over one 6 x 31 Raikou as well as two shinies on the same day. Which isn't REALLY too interesting but it's very discouraging when you've been at it for several months.))

So I'm in a randbat with a burned Miltank and a CM/Fire Blast/Moonblast Clefable left, facing a Probopass at about half and a Celebi. Clef is in the process of Calm Minding and healing to stall Probo out of Flash Cannons. My opponents kicks out to Celebi. I click Fire Blast. The Celebi reveals Thunder Wave and I hit my Fire Blast, knocking out Celebi.

Back out comes Probo. I'm slower than it, but I'm also at +3/+3, so all I need to do is click Moonblast twice and I win. Alas, this happens (emphasis added):

Turn 31
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
The opposing Probopass used Flash Cannon!
It's super effective! A critical hit! Clefable lost 83.5% of its health!
Clefable is paralyzed! It can't move!

One turn is all it takes. (Miltank needed two EQs and only had one Flash Cannon worth of health.)

Last edited:
Here's a fun one.
LeafGreen Nuzlocke:
Decided to have some fun with the safari zone by making a add-on rule that I could capture stuff as long as I hadn't already captured something in the area already(meaning runners could be avoided)
Decided to fish for a dratini

RIP Pink/Purple Dratini

's okay Vader, your luck still isn't as bad as mine when it comes to ingame. Particularly Nuzlockes.
The List of stupid BS that's happened in a nuzlocke:

Triple crit Roselia taking out a necessary team member? Check.
Double miss Razor Leaf in a double battle? Check
Missing TACKLE no less than 3 times and losing my starter? CHECK
Losing the only teammate able to counter a gym to a random crit at the worst possible time? Definite check.

My Venusaur was fully paralyzed four times in a row. The only saving grace was that it was against a Wobbuffet that I had Leeched Seeded.

EDIT (29 November 2015):
I had my Gliscor against a Mega Sableye. Gliscor wasn't poisoned at the time, so I thought it would be good to use Toxic and let Magic Bounce poison me and allow me to heal that turn. The rebounded Toxic missed.

Last edited:
I have no Shiny chaining ability at all, whether it be with fishing or with the Poke Radar.

Oh yeah, but I did manage to catch a Shiny Unown once! How? Well, the best way I can think is I was at the Ruins of Alph trying to catch all of the Unown forms. I was so frustrated that I kept encountering forms that I had already caught over and over again that I decided to start killing them as punishment. That presumably started a chain, and I got a shiny Unown. What the hell are you supposed to do with a Shiny Unown?! I just traded it away for a shiny Geodude.

Now who's going to evolve it when it turns into Graveler.

I have no Shiny chaining ability at all, whether it be with fishing or with the Poke Radar.

Oh yeah, but I did manage to catch a Shiny Unown once! How? Well, the best way I can think is I was at the Ruins of Alph trying to catch all of the Unown forms. I was so frustrated that I kept encountering forms that I had already caught over and over again that I decided to start killing them as punishment. That presumably started a chain, and I got a shiny Unown. What the hell are you supposed to do with a Shiny Unown?! I just traded it away for a shiny Geodude.

Now who's going to evolve it when it turns into Graveler.
Well, if you need any help evolving it into a Golem when the time comes, I'll be more than happy to give you you're Golem. Now then, I wonder if I have a Pokémon that I want to trade evolve? I'll have to look...

This one was actually bad luck on the AI:
On my recent emulator Leaf Green run. I ALMOST beat Gary's last Pokemon on the Pokemon League Battle. It literally had no HP left. And so did my Golem. Of course Golem was my last Pokemon, which of course means if I got hit again I died. Charizard uses Fire Blast, I'm waiting to soft reset my game, when suddenly... Foe Charizard's attack missed! And so Blue uses a Full Restore, but I manage to hit Charizard with a Rock Slide and it dies in one hit. Boom, Pokemon League Champion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)