1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Balance OU Sandstorm Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by sensen22, Dec 31, 2012.

1. sensen22

sensen22

Balanced OU Sandstorm Team

Team Preview

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Balanced Team

Balancing it out!
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In-Depth Analysis:

Tyranitar

[​IMG]
    @ [​IMG]Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Steam
    Nature: Sassy
    EV Spread: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 16 Def / 248 SpD
    Synergy: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~Stealth Rock
    ~Crunch
    ~Pursuit
    ~Fire Blast

Ferrothorn

[​IMG]
    @ [​IMG]Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

~Spikes
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Protect
    ~Power Whip

Jellicent

[​IMG]
    @ [​IMG]Leftovers
    Trait: Cursed Body
    Nature: Bold
    EV Spread: 240 HP / 184 Def / 84 Spe

~Scald
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Recover
    ~Taunt

Landorus

[​IMG]
    @ [​IMG]Expertbelt
    Trait: Sand Force
    Nature: Naive
    EV Spread: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
    Synergy: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~U-Turn
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Hidden Power [Ice]

Terrakion
    [​IMG]
    @ [​IMG]Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    Nature: Jolly
    EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~Close Combat
    ~Stone Edge
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Quick Attack

Latios
    [​IMG]
    @ [​IMG]Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~Draco Meteor
    ~Surf
    ~Hidden Power - [Fire]
    ~Trick

Threats

Show Hide

Tornadus-T

[​IMG]

Breloom

[​IMG]

Mamoswine

[​IMG]

Terrakion
    [​IMG]

Landorus

[​IMG]

Dugtrio

[​IMG]

2. High Impulse

High Impulse

Hey there,

Nice Balanced Sand team you have there. Anyway, on to the rate. Looking at your team, Offensive Venusaur looks like it could really give you a hard time with or without Sun. The only thing that can really take it on is Latios; and in sun, Latios gets destroyed by a +2 Sludge Bomb. So may I suggest a Scarf Latios > Choice Specs Latios just so that you have something to fall back on if you do lose the weather war. Now, if you do decide to try this suggestion, I do not see the point of having two Choice Scarfers so may I suggest a Choice Banded Terrakion > Choice Scarf Terrakion. CB Terrakion would be a real powerhouse for your team and help you deal with Sun slightly better along with Scarf Latios.

In my opinion, Expert Belt Landorus in BW2 is very ineffective in BW2, just because nobody assumes a Physical Landorus anymore, everyone assumes Special Landorus. So, it won't really be luring in Gliscor, as nobody switches in Gliscor against a Landorus, and even if you do show them that you're a Physical variant, they still won't send in Gliscor as they usually do have Hp ice. So may I suggest a Sub Smack Down Landorus > E-belt Landorus. Smack Down Landorus would work so much better with Terrakion being able to take out threats such as Bronzong and Skarmory as well as Rotom-W which is always good. not only that, but Sub Smack down Landorus always and I mean always has an opportunity to set up a Substitute as it forces so many switches.

One thing that seems to be very problematic to your team is Tornadus-T, you have nothing that can switch into this thing. Life Orb variants are the most annoying simply because they carry Superpower to hit Heatran/Tyranitar. To help with Tornadus-T I suggest Specially defensive Rotom-W > Jellicent. I do realise that if you do this you would lose your spin blocker but in my opinion it would be worth it just to counter Tornadus-T.

Sets
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Surf

[​IMG]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Quick Attack
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor

[​IMG]
    Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Substitute
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Smack Down

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Anyway, nice team. Hope I helped!
  3. sensen22

sensen22

Thanks for your suggestions I like it, though Ebelt Landorus work perfectly in my team, I used him like he's a Scarf set locked up in one move and then shock them when I switch moves, he always get atleast 2 of my opponent's pokemon by surprise, Anyways, I'll test it and see what's best :) By the way are you playing in Nintendo or in "Pokemon Online"?
  4. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Cool team dude!

So the main threats I see to this team are Tornadus-T and enemy Terrakion. I'd like to address Terrakion first; you have no safe switch-ins, neither Latios nor Jellicent enjoy STAB Stone Edges. Tyranitar is as free a switch-in as Terrakion can want and from there it can free off its powerful moves or begin to set up. SubSalac is especially dangerous as you just have to risk the 50/50 with your own Scarf Terrakion. To solve this problem I suggest trying a Defensive Hippowdon over your current Tyranitar. Hippowdon boasts very high physical defense and can continually switch-in and counter Terrakion. It has reliable recovery with Slack Off, boasts Earthquake to finish Terrakion, and as an added bonus isn't trapped by Dugtrio.

Now this change opens you even more so up to threats like Latios, and Latias, who can have their way with your team sans Tyranitar. For this, and your Tornadus-T weakness, I recommend replacing Ferrothron with a Specially Defensive Jirachi. Jirachi is as solid a counter to the aforementioned threats as you could want, its really only threatened by a Specs Latios with a Super Effective or weather boosted move. Jirachi resists the threats' common STAB moves like Hurricane and Draco Meteor and can hax its way past them. Be aware though that Jirachi brings with it that weakness to Dugtrio, but with smart playing that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Finally I suggest running Water Absorb on Jellicent. You lost your Specially Defensive Water-resist with Ferrothorn so you need a new Pokemon who can soak up those Specs Hydro Pumps from things like Keldeo.

Sets Recommended:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head

[​IMG]
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind

[​IMG]
    Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 236 HP / 188 Def / 84 Spe
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Taunt

Good Luck!
  5. sensen22

sensen22

Sounds great, I'll try it later when i got home, yet I already tried to change Specs to Scarf Latios and Scarf to Band Terrakion, much better than the old set. Anyway, thanks for suggestions, I'll post my feedback once I already tried it :)

Hey thanks for your suggestion, I tried to change my Specs-Latios to Scarf-Latios, although he now lack the power to OHKO at full health he counters many threats such as Gengar, and I could switch-in to Dragonite and Salamence attempting Dragon Dance and kill them, also Choice-Band Terrakion works perfectly with him other than Scarf-Terrakion and thanks to its Quick Attack that I can counter Scizor, Breloom who tries to kill him with priority moves at low health. I still go with Jellicent and Landorus, as I says Ebelt Landorus works perfectly in my team :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)