Balanced Hackmons CCAT (Playtesting)

Aesf Nice and new, I like it.
Chansey looked like a good option but I'd prefer to see at the end what move we didn't manage to fit in the team (like defog and stuff) to maybe slap in on a chansey. It would be weird to vote for a pokemon when we don't know what to run with it yet.

not really excited with the choices this round, but i'll go with Adrian Marin as long as some kind of phasing move is added.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
aesf

Edit: I guess I should probably explain since everyone else is. I voted aesf because the utility it give ph ogre is enormous. Not only can it sweep after threats are removed, but it can set up for other 'mons after it has taken damage, and its counters aren't eliminated.

Last edited:
The winner is aesf!

upload_2014-12-23_9-58-39.png

Metagross-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Judgment
- King's Shield
- Psystrike

Submissions for Round 3 are now open. Keep in mind that we need to find ways for Metagross-Mega to get its stats boosted.

Last edited:
upload_2014-12-23_10-6-17.png

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Recover

So here's one way to boost Mega Metagross' stats. We can try to get opposing Imposters to use Parting Shot on it, which will give it +3 Special Attack. Seeing this set as an opponent, I know that at least my first tendency would be to Parting Shot or switch to my Magic Bouncer. And if Impostered Audino is already in, it will likely be too scared to stay in vs. a Steel-type.

This doesn't exactly handle -ates, though it can take Fake Out and Extreme Speed well and maybe get them with a surprise Destiny Bond as they use Boomburst. Otherwise, it can Parting Shot out to a special wall that we don't have yet.

This thing can also absorb Knock Offs, which is useful because getting hit by Knock Off ruins our Mega Metagross completely.

Finally, it can take care of Mega Gengar by Encoring into a status move or Judgment and using Parting Shot to gain momentum.

Overall, I think this complements our existing team pretty well. Let me know if you have any changes I can make.

Last edited:
Now while UC's set is really good I think we're getting away from the point.
We're building our team around kyogre so he can sweep the opponants team. The things that can stop him from sweeping are topsy turvy users, wich we take care of with megagross. Desolate land pokes (mostly groudon) and -ates users. I think it would be nice to take care of thoses 2 issues first. Idk what you think.

Despite its impressive special bulk, Kyogre-primal's physical bulk is rather...lacking. So I decided to add this set:

Salamence-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Roost
- King's Shield/Topsy Turvy
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore

Mega salamence stands out as one of the best fur coat pokemon, with its resistances/neutralities to some of the most common physical attacking types (fighting, normal, ground, fire, electric, flying) and impressive 95/130 physical bulk. It's also a rather new set, which is always nice in a project like this.

Anyways, this thing can spread sleep very fast, and on top of that, if a chansey imposters it, you can go right in to kyogre and use it as set up fodder, no opportunity cost.

Let's take a look at how some of the most powerful physical attackers in the meta:
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 111-131 (28.1 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence in Sun: 139-164 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Mewtwo X Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 43-51 (10.9 - 12.9%) -- possible 8HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 124-147 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- 85.4% chance to 3HKO (gale wings dragon ascent)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 186-219 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO (you can roost off the damage due to speed drops)
+6 252 Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 182-215 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO (and you have king's shield, so this really shouldn't be a problem)

Now, given those calcs, you can imagine it can easily take on most of the physical attackers in BH quite easily. Of course, it has a very hard time with mixed attackers, but hey, it's still a great pokemon that fits this team pretty well. All the moves are really still up for debate, but it seems to be a roost + "pick three out of topsy turvy, spore, king's shield, and oblivion wing".

Despite its impressive special bulk, Kyogre-primal's physical bulk is rather...lacking. So I decided to add this set:

Salamence-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Roost
- King's Shield/Topsy Turvy
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore

Mega salamence stands out as one of the best fur coat pokemon, with its resistances/neutralities to some of the most common physical attacking types (fighting, normal, ground, fire, electric, flying) and impressive 95/130 physical bulk. It's also a rather new set, which is always nice in a project like this.

Anyways, this thing can spread sleep very fast, and on top of that, if a chansey imposters it, you can go right in to kyogre and use it as set up fodder, no opportunity cost.

Let's take a look at how some of the most powerful physical attackers in the meta:
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 111-131 (28.1 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence in Sun: 139-164 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Mewtwo X Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 43-51 (10.9 - 12.9%) -- possible 8HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 124-147 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- 85.4% chance to 3HKO (gale wings dragon ascent)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 186-219 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO (you can roost off the damage due to speed drops)
+6 252 Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Salamence: 182-215 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO (and you have king's shield, so this really shouldn't be a problem)

Now, given those calcs, you can imagine it can easily take on most of the physical attackers in BH quite easily. Of course, it has a very hard time with mixed attackers, but hey, it's still a great pokemon that fits this team pretty well. All the moves are really still up for debate, but it seems to be a roost + "pick three out of topsy turvy, spore, king's shield, and oblivion wing".
I'd run 248 HP / 136+ Def / 124 Speed to outspeed jolly groudon. And I'd probably run stealth rock as you mentionned before it helps megagross a lot. Dragon tail is a good option but that means kyogre can't set up in front. I used a similar set and it usually manages to set rocks up.

I've been busy taking a crash course in VGC so I can breed up an in-game team for an off-site tournament in a couple of weeks. So... been distracted.

But, I'll take a moment to poke through my defensive and support sets and submit one by sometime tomorrow.

rortik

Banned deucer.
Well here's my next submission. Considering we have two offensive threats (Though Kyogre is a defensive one too) I figure we're gonna need a wall, or at least a good pivot. Anyways, here is:

Cresselia (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Milk Drink
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock / Defog
- Spiky Shield / Aromatherapy

This Cresselia is something that is best on stall teams, however works as an amazing defensive pivot for any team. The ability Fur Coat halves all physical damage, giving Cresselia a whopping 556 Defense, which pairs very nicely with its not-at-all-shabby 394 Special Defense and 443 HP. The EVs are fairly self explanatory, maximizing Spd and HP, and a Calm nature helps minimize the useless Atk.
Milk Drink gets the first moveslot, however this is easily replaceable with any healing move that you want. Volt Switch works as a nice pivot, allowing Cresselia to switch safely AFTER taking the hit, which it can easily do due to it's massive defense stats. Stealth Rock or Defog work as the third moveslot, because you're gonna find yourself with plenty of turns to do nothing. The fourth moveslot can be used to scout with Spiky Shield, or on a more offensive team can be replaced with Aromatherapy to protect against status. Your main source of damage is your Rocky Helmet.
Cresselia's main role is to swap out, absorb damage, recover if needed, then switch back out into a counter. All good teams require one, and Cresselia is one of the best.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Groudon-P Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 97-115 (21.8 - 25.9%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 208-246 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO <--- Special attacks can kill it, but not easily.
252+ Atk Protean Mega Mewtwo X Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 133-157 (30 - 35.4%) -- 24.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 152-179 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 152-179 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

GL killing this thing.

Well here's my next submission. Considering we have two offensive threats (Though Kyogre is a defensive one too) I figure we're gonna need a wall, or at least a good pivot. Anyways, here is:

Cresselia (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Milk Drink
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock / Defog
- Spiky Shield / Aromatherapy

This Cresselia is something that is best on stall teams, however works as an amazing defensive pivot for any team. The ability Fur Coat halves all physical damage, giving Cresselia a whopping 556 Defense, which pairs very nicely with its not-at-all-shabby 394 Special Defense and 443 HP. The EVs are fairly self explanatory, maximizing Spd and HP, and a Calm nature helps minimize the useless Atk.
Milk Drink gets the first moveslot, however this is easily replaceable with any healing move that you want. Volt Switch works as a nice pivot, allowing Cresselia to switch safely AFTER taking the hit, which it can easily do due to it's massive defense stats. Stealth Rock or Defog work as the third moveslot, because you're gonna find yourself with plenty of turns to do nothing. The fourth moveslot can be used to scout with Spiky Shield, or on a more offensive team can be replaced with Aromatherapy to protect against status. Your main source of damage is your Rocky Helmet.
Cresselia's main role is to swap out, absorb damage, recover if needed, then switch back out into a counter. All good teams require one, and Cresselia is one of the best.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Groudon-P Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 97-115 (21.8 - 25.9%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Diancie Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 208-246 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO <--- Special attacks can kill it, but not easily.
252+ Atk Protean Mega Mewtwo X Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 133-157 (30 - 35.4%) -- 24.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 152-179 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 152-179 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

GL killing this thing.
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Cresselia: 264-312 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 325-383 (73.1 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Since any pokemon not called chansey (or ampharos) will not wall boomburst from megaray, might as well invest everything in defense.

Anyway, everybody seems to be posting his best fur coat mon. Might as well post mine.

<--Vote for the epic pink GIF
PINKAHONTAS (Garchomp-Mega) (F) @ Safety Goggles / Garchompite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink (the only viable healing move)
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

A set I've been using in my Pink team because I'm scared of groudon, that thing is mean and broken I hate it.
The main good thing about chompichomp is that he resists stealth rock. Often with other fur coaters, I find myself unable to switch into an attack because of stealth rock. That ain't no problem no more with ma chompichomp.
The moves are simple. put the rocks in and tail slap everybody. Also a light check to set up wich we don't really have yet. Thousand arrows is a good stab that hits everything and 170 attack is decent even non invested.

One good thing with this thing is that -ate users who can ohko with a boomburst can't really switch on it. If megaray switches on dragon tail with rocks up he's pretty much done for the game and diancie can't survive 1k arrows.

4 Atk Mega Garchomp Thousand Arrows vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 288-338 (119 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Mega Garchomp Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 288-338 (94.7 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Mega Garchomp Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 206-246 (58.6 - 70%)

In terms of checking the imposter version, 252 SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 324-384 (46 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Lastly, about items. Garchomptite is here because assist team started running trick + scarf / band or trick + flame orb. And you really want none of that crap.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Garchomp: 176-207 (41.9 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO resists the strongest non suicidal phisical move of the game. And outspeeds after a v-create. But since 1k arrows has a little chance to not ohko at -1, just milk drink so he does another one.
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Garchomp: 85-101 (20.2 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Garchomp: 171-202 (40.7 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Sky Plate Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Garchomp: 292-344 (69.5 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: 252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon P V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Garchomp in Sun on a critical hit: 455-536 (108.3 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO... I hate groudon p.

Last edited:
Not gonna post a set BC I can't think of one off the top of my head. But if Primal groudon/desolate land seems to be a problem. Then I'd suggest we add in a fast Pokemon with cloud nine/air lock
This would enable threats to kyogre to be eliminated and the Pokemon we use could be some form of pivot,useful for scouting the opponents set

Well, I came to a problem: virtually all of my good support mons are really specific to the team they're on. And, I don't really have time to try to construct a support mon of that specificness to this team right now. However, I think a set from my RMT would work well.

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover / Wish
- Whirlwind / Defog
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog / Glare
- Knock Off

This set can take Fake + Speed from most Kyu-Bs and Diancies to cripple with a burn, along with every other physical attacker not named Groudon... who doesn't scare it too much anyway. However, it doesn't handle just physical -ates. Giratina can also withstand most boosted hits and shuffle the set-up sweeper, counters most Shedinja, even Recycle Lum variants, cripple mons that need their items to function, including being able to take unboosted Judgement from Gengar while rendering it harmless with Knock Off, checks Imposters, and can shuffle through hazards rather well.

And that's without the slashed options.

Wish can work over Recover for team support, although this makes it harder for Gengar itself to check some threats and PP stall certain moves. Defog for hazard removal and, with Giratina's tendency to lure Chansey in, could be combined with hazard support to help our Metagross. Glare is another option over Wisp if we want paralysis more. Chosen over Nuzzle because Glare hits Groudon and Giratina doesn't care about the bounce.

Oh, and it can occasionally KO stuff with Knock Off. Which is also a very unexpected move from Giratina, hence why it's so effective for utility.

View attachment 32207
So here's one way to boost Mega Metagross' stats. We can try to get opposing Imposters to use Parting Shot on it, which will give it +2 Special Attack. Seeing this set as an opponent, I know that at least my first tendency would be to Parting Shot or switch to my Magic Bouncer. And if Impostered Audino is already in, it will likely be too scared to stay in vs. a Steel-type.
This is a nitpick but I do believe Parting Shot on a Competitive will only raise its Special Attack to +1 because Parting Shot lowers Atk and SpA by one stage, and then Competitive boosts SpA by 2.
I want to submit a particular set but I'm going to wait for the next round because I don't want to compete with all of these really good options.

This is a nitpick but I do believe Parting Shot on a Competitive will only raise its Special Attack to +1 because Parting Shot lowers Atk and SpA by one stage, and then Competitive boosts SpA by 2.
I want to submit a particular set but I'm going to wait for the next round because I don't want to compete with all of these really good options.
For each stat lowering, it will increase by 2. It lowers a stat twice, so we have (2 x 2) - 1 - 1 = +2.

EV

Banned deucer.
For each stat lowering, it will increase by 2. It lowers a stat twice, so we have (2 x 2) - 1 - 1 = +2.
Then shouldn't it be +3? In STABmons, Defiant Thundurus gets +3/-1 after Sableye uses PS. The -1 to Attack results in a net gain of +1, and the -1 to Special Attack results in another +2 to Attack. Afaik Defiant and Competitive are mirrored.

Then shouldn't it be +3? In STABmons, Defiant Thundurus gets +3/-1 after Sableye uses PS. The -1 to Attack results in a net gain of +1, and the -1 to Special Attack results in another +2 to Attack. Afaik Defiant and Competitive are mirrored.
Oh you're right! I see the mistake I was making. For some reason i had it in my head that Special Attack was dropped, then boosted, then dropped again rather than Attack being dropped. Thanks for clearing this mess up.

Reactions: EV
Anyway, now that all that confusion is over, and since it doesn't look anyone else is planning on submitting, looks like it's time for Fur Coat Stage 3 Voting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)