Balanced Hackmons CCAT (Playtesting)

If you guys want an -ate check, they dont come any better than Mega Aggron.

Aggron-Mega @ Rocky Helmet / Safety Goggles / Shell Bell
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Icicle Spear
- Gyro Ball/Bullet Punch
- Heal Order
- Parting Shot/other filler

Tanks fake out + espeed with ease, even though MAggron has almost no defense investment. Soundproof not only makes it immune to boomburst, but also chatter variants of MRay.

Calcs:

252 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Mega Diancie Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Aggron: 31-36 (8.7 - 10.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Mega Diancie Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Aggron: 61-73 (17.2 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Mega Diancie Techno Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Aggron: 103-121 (29 - 34.1%) -- 3.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Diancie Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Aggron: 143-169 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Mega Aggron Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Diancie: 240-288 (99.5 - 119.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Mega Aggron Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Diancie: 888-1048 (368.4 - 434.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 66-79 (18.6 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 156-185 (44 - 52.2%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Techno Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Aggron: 157-186 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Mega Aggron Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Rayquaza: 336-396 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO

rortik

Banned deucer.
Well we still need defense.

So here's my next set, a way to deal with Contrary Sweepers and the like.

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Leech Seed/Entrainment/Aromatherapy
- Heal Order

This set is made to (obviously) bulk up Venusaur as much as possible, allowing it to take a hit on the switch in if necessary. Venusaur can cripple a contrary sweeper with priority Topsy-Turvy, and then use Leech Seed to deal residual damage and gain some health back. You won't be killing anything fast, but you can definitely stop a sweep. Venu can also check many Protean sweepers, and while it isn't the best against many -ate abusers (Diancie is an exception), it CAN run Entrainment to stop PH sweepers cold (It also walls Kyogre unless it's carrying Ice Beam). Aromatherapy is another option if your team is lacking it, but generally Leech Seed or Entrainment will serve you better. Black sludge is the obvious item choice, to maximize longevity and deter trick users from stealing your item. Venusaur is also immune to Toxic and Spore, and while it may be better off on a stall team, it still finds a place in many offensive based ones.

Well we still need defense.

So here's my next set, a way to deal with Contrary Sweepers and the like.

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Leech Seed/Entrainment/Aromatherapy
- Heal Order

This set is made to (obviously) bulk up Venusaur as much as possible, allowing it to take a hit on the switch in if necessary. Venusaur can cripple a contrary sweeper with priority Topsy-Turvy, and then use Leech Seed to deal residual damage and gain some health back. You won't be killing anything fast, but you can definitely stop a sweep. Venu can also check many Protean sweepers, and while it isn't the best against many -ate abusers (Diancie is an exception), it CAN run Entrainment to stop PH sweepers cold (It also walls Kyogre unless it's carrying Ice Beam). Aromatherapy is another option if your team is lacking it, but generally Leech Seed or Entrainment will serve you better. Black sludge is the obvious item choice, to maximize longevity and deter trick users from stealing your item. Venusaur is also immune to Toxic and Spore, and while it may be better off on a stall team, it still finds a place in many offensive based ones.
Hmm, I mean venusaur is weak to a lot of moves spammed by contrary users like v-create, dragon ascend and psycho boost. I like the set and all but why not use cresselia / giratina or something ?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
If you're running Prankster Venusaur, then you really should be running trick with it (trick black sludge) because that's the only niche Venusaur has over anything else like giratina / cress / aegislash etc

hey can i remove my aggron entry? its terribad.
maybe just edit your post, lol

EDIT: I'll just add my entry here.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish / Softboiled
- Spiky Shield / Encore
- Metal Burst
- Baton pass / Parting Shot

Chansey is in my opinion one of the best -ate wall in the game. The best special bulk in the game allows her to take Boombursts from Mega rayquaza and fur coat is here to strenghten (<-- Can you even say that ? I really don't know) her weak point, phisical bulk.
There are 2 possible movesets here. wish + protect with a switching move is usefull to support the rest of the team but leaves her weak to set-up or entrainment. On the other hand we have instant recovery + encore to handle set up or entrainment users.

Now between parting shot and baton pass, well it's pretty simple. Parting shot could potentially allow our megagross to get an instant +3 if our chansey get's impostered but is bounceable by magic bounce wich can be really dangerous at times. Baton pass is just the safe option.

252+ SpA Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Mega Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 277-328 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Mega Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 205-242 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 93.9% chance to 3HKO

Adding a link to Adrian's post here wich was written a lot better than mine and has some calcs and stuff.

Last edited:
I was going to enter a Sableye -> Mega Sableye set, but realised it just wasn't bulky enough :/ Any ideas for a set like that?

I was going to enter a Sableye -> Mega Sableye set, but realised it just wasn't bulky enough :/ Any ideas for a set like that?
The utility of having two abilities is pretty helpful in loads of situations, but like you said sableye and mega sableye are just too weak to be used effectively, and there are better ghost types such as Giratina and Mega Gengar.
Pokemon such as magic bounce mega gyarados is an interesting pokemon, as it can mega evolve and pursuit sheddy. Another cool thing is that because of Gyarados' great offensive stats he can also use pursuit on pokemon other than shedinja, amazing right! :D

the others i could think that take advantage of the mega were gyarados (obviously) gengar with moldy -> trappy works quite well, banette with moldy pursuit -> prankster cat with shadow force, simple diancie goes into mb when you think you'll get topsy / ww, -ate users to get past the -ate clause and possibly running illusion and finally khan just to use parental bong with super fang / seismic toss.

Last edited:
The utility of having two abilities is pretty helpful in loads of situations, but like you said sableye and mega sableye are just too weak to be used effectively, and there are better ghost types such as Giratina and Mega Gengar.
Pokemon such as magic bounce mega gyarados is an interesting pokemon, as it can mega evolve and pursuit sheddy. Another cool thing is that because of Gyarados' great offensive stats he can also use pursuit on pokemon other than shedinja, amazing right! :D
the others i could think that take advantage of the mega were gyarados (obviously) gengar with moldy -> trappy works quite well, banette with moldy pursuit -> prankster cat with shadow force, simple diancie goes into mb when you think you'll get topsy / ww, -ate users to get past the -ate clause and possibly running illusion and finally khan just to use parental bong with super fang / seismic toss.
I was aware of the Gyarados idea, but M-Gengar? I have a cool set for that.

Sturdinja (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Modest/Timid Nature
- Perish Song/Will-o-Wisp
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance/King's Shield
- Oblivion Wing

To start off with I'll explain the nickname and item. You can really call it anything you want, just not things like 'Illusion' or 'Gengar' : these will give away the set to experienced players. The Gengarite is the real niche of the set - it enables Gengar to mega evolve, bypass illusion and gain Shadow Tag as an ability. Of course for the first turn it won't work, but as from experience most people don't have a dedicated Sturdinja killer and instead have things like Infestation and Toxic to kill it, you can mega, Sub up and Oblivion Wing there health away as they realise the ploy. The EVs are changeable, but it's important not to have HP investment to maximise regeneration from OW. The Nature is again changeable, but again I like Modest or Timid for Power or Speed. Perish Song is primarily there to kill anything that you can't with OW - namely Sturdinja. WoW is slashed in mainly to support our not-so-bulky team members and to kill Sturdinja. Substitute allows you a free hit on Imposters, not to mention forcing switches and protecting you from annoying priority (although you can't do anything against F-O/Espeed apart from King's shield if you have it. Quiver Dance is to set up the all-important Speed and SpAtk stat (calm mind is also available if you prefer PP over more bulk) and also to lure Imposters. Oblivion wing is to do reliable damage and to regen a LOT of health from every hit. It's a good all round team support mon or a set up sweeper.

Modest/Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Oblivion Wing

To start off with I'll explain the nickname and item. You can really call it anything you want, just not things like 'Illusion' or 'Gengar' : these will give away the set to experienced players. The Gengarite is the real niche of the set - it enables Gengar to mega evolve, bypass illusion and gain Shadow Tag as an ability. Of course for the first turn it won't work, but as from experience most people don't have a dedicated Sturdinja killer and instead have things like Infestation and Toxic to kill it, you can mega, Sub up and Oblivion Wing there health away as they realise the ploy. The EVs are changeable, but it's important not to have HP investment to maximise regeneration from OW. The Nature is again changeable, but again I like Modest or Timid for Power or Speed. Perish Song is primarily there to kill anything that you can't with OW - namely Sturdinja. WoW is slashed in mainly to support our not-so-bulky team members and to kill Sturdinja. Substitute allows you a free hit on Imposters, not to mention forcing switches and protecting you from annoying priority (although you can't do anything against F-O/Espeed apart from King's shield if you have it. Quiver Dance is to set up the all-important Speed and SpAtk stat (calm mind is also available if you prefer PP over more bulk) and also to lure Imposters. Oblivion wing is to do reliable damage and to regen a LOT of health from every hit. It's a good all round team support mon or a set up sweeper.
Just so you know, Illusion copies the nickname. Also, Megas can Mega Evolve into themselves, so this set might as well be a Gengar Mega that Mega Evolves. However, the one downside to that is a message above the switcher pops up saying you might not be able to cancel a switch shows up.

Also, you can't trap a Ghost, so this isn't an effective Shedinja counter (or a Shedinja-counter-counter, because most Shedinja counters are ghosts).

Modest/Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Oblivion Wing

I like this set, a lot. I think one of the best things about illusion is that it is immune to imposter. Which means if you play it right you can mega the turn chansey switches in and perish song the bitch. btw maybe maximise defense instead of special defense, so Gengar can take extremespeeds better.

Now that i'm here, i have a hilarious Mega Steelix set that has some similarities with your Gengar set:

EDIT: This is my CCAT entry, not Mega Aggron.

Biggus Dickus (Steelix-Mega) @ Safety Goggles/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Careful/Impish Nature
- Spore/Dark Void
- Infestation/Thousand Waves/Spider Web
- Perish Song
- Electrify

I just love this set. I generally choose spore and safety goggles so i don't lose to magic bouncers and imposter chanseys. But dark void and leftovers is certainly viable because the opponent can also run safety goggles and leftovers can heal MSteelix by alot. I choose infestation because its not immune to anything and kills sheddy, but thousand waves is useful because it is more powerful and traps the opponent indefinitely. Spider web if you want to trap the opponent indefinitely and hit ground-immune pokemon such as mega ray, something thousand waves cannot do, also gets priority via prankster which is nice, but has the downside of being unable to trap ghosts (correct me if im wrong lol).
But generally infestation lasts long enough for perish song to kill so infestation is the superior choice in most cases.
Anywho the idea of this set is to put the opponent to sleep, use the trapping move of choice to trap the sleeping pokemon, then proceed use perish song and spam electrify until the opponent's inevitable death.
Sadly though gale wings chatter Mray kinda shits on this set.

Last edited:
I like this set, a lot. I think one of the best things about illusion is that it is immune to imposter. Which means if you play it right you can mega the turn chansey switches in and perish song the bitch. btw maybe maximise defense instead of special defense, so Gengar can take extremespeeds better.
Gengar is not going to be tanking any extremespeeds anytime soon:

252 Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mega Gengar: 257-304 (98.4 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mega Gengar: 198-234 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mega Gengar: 228-268 (87.3 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Even though it isn't a guaranteed OHKO it is after the practically 100% certain Fake-Out

Biggus Dickus (Steelix-Mega) @ Safety Goggles/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Careful/Impish Nature
- Spore/Dark Void
- Infestation/Thousand Waves/Spider Web
- Perish Song
- Electrify
I like this set. It's Imposter-resistant with the spore/safety goggles option, it shuts down Sheddy and provides a BIG momentum stopper in Prankster + Electrify. Unless anything else major comes along, I'm guessing this *might* take my vote.

For anyone wondering, I haven't been ignoring this. I let it run on for a really long time hoping people would make more submissions. They didn't. That means Stage 4 Voting is open!

Please try to minimize the slashes you put in your submissions. (I already said that once.)

My vote goes to motherlove

Fix that HP, motherlove
Actually she walls -ate Boomburst better this way without losing too much wall power on the physical side, just go to the calculator and you will see the calcs against physical moves and special moves from an Aerilate Mega-Rayquaza.

motherlove

Actually she walls -ate Boomburst better this way without losing too much wall power on the physical side, just go to the calculator and you will see the calcs against physical moves and special moves from an Aerilate Mega-Rayquaza.
You misunderstand me, I'm not saying 252HP/252Def/4SpD I'm saying 252Def/252SpD. The way it is now the set has an even number of hit points, which leads to lower survivability against indirect damage.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
You misunderstand me, I'm not saying 252HP/252Def/4SpD I'm saying 252Def/252SpD. The way it is the set has an even number of hit points, which leads to lower survivability against indirect damage.
The evs are fine. 4 hp gives chansey 642 hp, which isn't divisible by 4 (and thus not divisible by 8 either), so you get the same amount of passive damage.

The evs are fine. 4 hp gives chansey 642 hp, which isn't divisible by 4 (and thus not divisible by 8 either), so you get the same amount of passive damage.
Fair enough, I used to go by that too, but really you don't lose too much either way, since your not going to be Drumming or Cursing. If you think the 1HP will matter then go for it but technically you do get hurt more by Super Fang. At this point I just make all HP odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)