Balanced Hackmons CCAT (Playtesting)

motherlove wins in a landslide! Now we have to choose our moveset. Which slashes do we want?

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish / Softboiled
- Spiky Shield / Encore
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass / Parting Shot

I vote Wish, Spiky Shield, Baton Pass. Our team needs Wish support pretty badly, and if we run Parting Shot, we risk a Magic Bouncer coming in and preventing us from supporting other members.

Code:
Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature TBD
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst
I think that this Pixilate Diancie would help our team. All of the -ate users in the tier are good revenge killers, but I feel that many people are under-prepared for Pixilate Mega Diancie. She is able to 2HKO standard Groudon Primals if they switch into Boomburst, and also easily deals with Regirock. In addition, our team already has Fur Coat Chansey, which is a good counter for her.

I don't want to set her nature in stone yet, though, because there are pros and cons to each. I was running Hasty on my team, but that was just the suggested and I'm not sure if it's the best.

Code:
Nature TBD
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst
I think that this Pixilate Diancie would help our team. All of the -ate users in the tier are good revenge killers, but I feel that many people are under-prepared for Pixilate Mega Diancie. She is able to 2HKO standard Groudon Primals if they switch into Boomburst, and also easily deals with Regirock. In addition, our team already has Fur Coat Chansey, which is a good counter for her.

I don't want to set her nature in stone yet, though, because there are pros and cons to each. I was running Hasty on my team, but that was just the suggested and I'm not sure if it's the best.
For the nature i would suggest using naughty (+Atk/-SpD) to boost the power of fake out/e-speed combo.

Hey everyone, I've decided to write down our team so far so we can get an easy view on the whole team, making it much easier to spot the weaknesses (or opportunities) this team potentially has so we can build the last 2 Pokemon around it more efficiently.

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Metagross-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Judgment
- King's Shield
- Psystrike

Salamence-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass

EDIT: Sorry guys the "hide" option is being kinda glitchy :/

Hey everyone, I've decided to write down our team so far so we can get an easy view on the whole team, making it much easier to spot the weaknesses (or opportunities) this team potentially has so we can build the last 2 Pokemon around it more efficiently.

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Metagross-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Judgment
- King's Shield
- Psystrike

Salamence-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass
I actually have this in the first post of the thread. Thanks for adding the sprites, though. It makes it look nicer.

Hey guys, this is my CCAT entry.
Looking at my team, it is currently quite emphasized on bulk and passiveness, and is incredibly -ate resilient, so i decided this team needs a hard-hitting offensive mon that quite likes the -ate users removed or neutered, so after a lot of testing i can confidently say deoxys-a fits this role pretty darn well.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 SpD and 0 Def
- Spiky Shield
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Boomburst

Credits to Lcass for for the idea of protean deoxys-a. Even though this set lacks crabhammer to deal with primal groudon, there are 2 pokemon on this team already that handle this threat quite easily. So i came up with this set instead. Spiky shield fucks up sheddys, and transforms Deoxys-A into a grass type so he is immune to prankster spore, and provides general utility and chip damage. Knock off is a powerful dark type move that has loads of uses, and hits the ghost types that are immune to close combat and boomburst. Speaking of which, close combat and boomburst are your nuke-moves, and boomburst still hits frighteningly hard even without an -ate boost.
You may be wondering as to why one would use this over, say protean mmx. Well this deoxys his unique traits over mmx. for example, chansey cannot switch into this, the ivs guarantee chansey is OHKOd by all its moves (except close combat). And even if chansey gets a free switch in, Deoxys kos chansey with boomburst no matter what the type it is, and Deoxys-a can live an attack if he loses the speed-tie, provided he still has his sash intact. Deoxys-A also has more special attack than mmx so it can go mixed more effectively, Deoxys-A has a fantastic speed tier that allow it to outspeed quite a few notable threats that mmx cant, such as mmy or mega gengar. And finally deoxys has focus sash which provides immense offensive utility.
252 attack maximises damage output on the physical side, 176 speed is to outspeed max speed mmy, and the remaining 80 go into SpA to increase boomburst's power. Of course if you guys wish you can opt for 252 atk 252 spe 4 spa if you want to speed tie with other max speed base 150's.

I gathered some replays showcasing Deoxys-A's power in our current CCAT team (with a pixilate diancie variant i added because i think it works well for the team)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-207125250
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-207149110
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-207174329

Sorry guys for not getting moar replays, i had other replays but didnt upload them because: I was fighting a noob, I got some evs or moves mixed up and i felt shouldnt have been shown, i got beaten by the opposition, or that i simply forgot to save it.

Last edited:
My opinion on the team so far, having tested it:

Primal Kyogre:
This beefed up orca is a formidable threat. Not much can stop this monster after it sets up asside from -ates and prankster skill swap/topsy turvy. Poison heal + leech seed makes for rediculous passive healing and also has the added benefit of being immune to sleep and destroys sheddy. All in all a fantastic addition to the team.

Mega Metagross:
This thing does not really work well for the team. Megagross is supposed to come in when the opponent uses parting shot and grabs a nice +3 SpA boost. But these situations are incredibly rare when applied in practice, and without a boost it does tickle damage to all but the frailest pokemon. Mega metagross ended up being a liability in almost all battles i had. I even tried using a pokemon with parting shot and was walled by megagross, JUST so i could get chansey to copy it and attempt to get that +3 boost. Even after a boost though, it was still weak to the various powerful special attackers in the tier and walled by special walls such as chansey.
Overall, I would recommend replacing this pokemon after CCAT has finished because it is weak and there are other pokemon that perform this role better or a different role entirely. Imo just replace it with giratina or a bulky ghost type of some sort, perhaps prankster too.

Mega Salamence:
Only one word can describe this pokemon: bulk. Mega Salamence is a fantastic physical wall that is not to be underestimated. Mega salamence is the teams premier check to, well, almost every physical attacker in the tier. During testing i replaced roost with defog, because oblivion wing + chanseys wish support is more than enough healing, plus removing hazards is cool. Spore + safetygoggles is a great combo, allowing megamence to spam spore without any worry in the world. Kings shield adds a further bolster to megamences rediculous bulk and provides nice scouting.
I dont think much more needs to be said, megamence is a fantastic physical wall that has never let me down, a great choice for the team!

Chansey:
Ahh the pink blob, Fur coat Chansey is a great mixed wall and provides wish support which this team desperately needs. Chansey is a fantastic check to -ates and destroys most attackers with metal burst. Spiky shield is basically a superior protect, it allows scouting for moves, guaranteed wish recovery, and lucky Shedinja kills. Chanseys bulk is absolutely outstanding for example i remember playing against a guy who got to +6 with QD primal kyogre, and chansey lived the steam eruption at near full health and proceded to kill pogre with metal burst, AT +6!
Once again, not much more needs to be said about Chansey, and like mence its a fantastix wall that has never let me down.

Reccomended changes on the current team once CCAT has finished:
-REPLACE MEGA METAGROSS
-replace roost with defog on Mega Salamence
-(not entirely sure on this one but it seems logical) replace ice beam with freeze dry on primal kyogre

Last edited:
(not entirely sure on this one but it seems logical) replace ice beam with freeze dry on primal kyogre
I actually did consider Freeze Dry, but the main downside is that it allows Imposters to defeat your Kyogre.
Also, don't bash down a set like that it's pretty rude.

Looking at the team, the main thing we need is priority since we are incredibly weak to set up. and something to reliably deal with shedick could be nice.

EDIT: I'll just say a few more here to avoid double post.
Code:
Nature TBD
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst

Consider subsitute on fake out since i never really saw the main point of fake out and sub has good utility. For example it deals with Doom desire dialga and you can predict a ks on any faster protean sweeper like mmy or protect on deoA who wants to keep his sash. Sub also combines well with wish support.

And as i like donkeys said, firepower would be nice too to soften the way for Ogre. Any good stallbreaker that can be walled by salamence mega would hugely benefit our team.

Last edited:
Here's my entry:

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Trick
- Precipice Blades
- Pursuit

Well quite simply, i hate sheninja and wanted a reliable way to kill him. This thing also serves at piercing big holes in the opposing team to ease the way for Whalogre to sweep.

V-create and precicpice blade are for the big holes, pursuit is for shed, trick is because it's annoying. Simple but quite efficient.

As for imposter, well they don't usually carry a choice band so salamance can take care of it.
252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO

Chansey doesn't hugely enjoy switching on it too
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chansey: 366-432 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Here's my entry:

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Trick
- Precipice Blades
- Pursuit

Well quite simply, i hate sheninja and wanted a reliable way to kill him. This thing also serves at piercing big holes in the opposing team to ease the way for Whalogre to sweep.

V-create and precicpice blade are for the big holes, pursuit is for shed, trick is because it's annoying. Simple but quite efficient.

As for imposter, well they don't usually carry a choice band so salamance can take care of it.
252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO

Chansey doesn't hugely enjoy switching on it too
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chansey: 366-432 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Maybe replace trick with switcheroo coz PP?

Since it seems like Mega Diancie is gonna win the 5th slot on the team - judging by how many likes it has received - I would recommend a special-attacking ev spread. While it seems like diancie will be using espeed alot, when applied in practice, I just spam boomburst most of the time. Mainly due to the fact that Diancie forces a LOT of switches (which is a good reason to put sub on the set, credits motherlove lol), boomburst does much more damage than any other move in Diancies arsenal, and the fact that kings shield and spiky shield are basically everywhere, makes boomburst much more spammable than extremespeed.
It only makes sense to maximise the power of the move you will be using 75% of the time. It's also cool to note that an uninvested espeed still OHKOs dangerous threats such as MRay and MMX (unless they're running some weird physically defensive set or something haha)

EDIT: Full SpA investment allows Mega Diancie to score some pretty scary OHKOs and 2HKOs:

252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Primal Groudon: 225-266 (55.6 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Kyogre: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 276-325 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 216-255 (82.4 - 97.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Just to name a few.

Last edited:
Piccolo Daimao

Mega Diancie provides more for the team than Deoxys-A or Primal Groudon does, so my vote goes to Diancie.
However i do reccomend a moveset change as fake out + espeed isnt that effective on Diancie from my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)