Balanced Hackmons CCAT (Playtesting)

I'm going to finish this no matter what it takes.

For now, I'll add the current Mega Diancie set and in the post-creation revision stage we can alter it as necessary.

Anyway, we're on to the final stage. I know some of you may have preconceived notions that this team is bad and that's why you're not posting, but the final Pokemon could make a big difference. If you're reading this thread, don't be afraid to contribute.

So that means it's time to submit for Stage 6.

I think what would be good now is something to check setup, a prankster with topsyturvy / parting shot could be a good idea, and it could also give megagross a set up opportunity if chansey copies it.

Have we considered using Wrap over Magma Storm on Diancie? It get's Pixilated, uses Diancie's higher attack stat and has better accuracy (Magma Storm seems a little unreliable, at least to me). We could also go with Sand Tomb if we still want coverage

MAMP

MAMP!
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Skill Swap

Surprised the team doesn't have this yet lol. This gives the team a back-up check against Proteans, -ates, and a variety of other offensive threats, and allows to scout out movesets; this is important for Kyogre before it activates its Toxic Orb so that we can make sure we don't accidentally switch it in on a status move or Knock Off. It also helps the team with its crippling weakness to mixed Contrary.
Have we considered using Wrap over Magma Storm on Diancie? It get's Pixilated, uses Diancie's higher attack stat and has better accuracy (Magma Storm seems a little unreliable, at least to me). We could also go with Sand Tomb if we still want coverage
Wrap and Sand Tomb are weak af even with Pixilate or a super effective hit, whereas Magma Storm is actually a powerful move that allows Diancie to break through many of its common checks.

Magma storm is mainly for trapping and dealing respectable damage to bulky steels, more so than killing Shedinja. If you want a move for killing shedinja and trapping random pokes more reliably than magmastorm, you're better off using infestation or whirlpool. Mainly because the former has no immunities and has perfect accuracy, while the latter is not affected by kings/spiky shield and rocky helmet and has the least immunities compared to things like sand tomb. And besides, Wrap has 20 base power so it's going to do fuck-all even after a pixilate boost.
The set is fine as it is, although i would like to change it a bit if Uselesscrab implemented the variant Piccolo Daimo suggested.
I personally prefer blue flare over magma storm, but that's just me.

EDIT:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Skill Swap

Surprised the team doesn't have this yet lol. This gives the team a back-up check against Proteans, -ates, and a variety of other offensive threats, and allows to scout out movesets; this is important for Kyogre before it activates its Toxic Orb so that we can make sure we don't accidentally switch it in on a status move or Knock Off. It also helps the team with its crippling weakness to mixed Contrary.

Wrap and Sand Tomb are weak af even with Pixilate or a super effective hit, whereas Magma Storm is actually a powerful move that allows Diancie to break through many of its common checks.
What is the purpose of fake out on this set? lol
Seems completely useless to me.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
Magma storm is mainly for trapping and dealing respectable damage to bulky steels, more so than killing Shedinja. If you want a move for killing shedinja and trapping random pokes more reliably than magmastorm, you're better off using infestation or whirlpool. Mainly because the former has no immunities and has perfect accuracy, while the latter is not affected by kings/spiky shield and rocky helmet and has the least immunities compared to things like sand tomb. And besides, Wrap has 20 base power so it's going to do fuck-all even after a pixilate boost.
The set is fine as it is, although i would like to change it a bit if Uselesscrab implemented the variant Piccolo Daimo suggested.
I personally prefer blue flare over magma storm, but that's just me.

EDIT:

What is the purpose of fake out on this set? lol
Seems completely useless to me.
It breaks illusion, but Final Gambit is a good option too.

don't worry Uselesscrab we haven't forgotten about this thread :D

I actually replaced Mega-Metagross with this set when i was testing the team, but i'm posting it here anyway.

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows / Precipice Blades

I hate chatter, and i love setup, so for obvious reasons I am very fond of this particular Pdon set.
Shit Gear double's Pdon's speed in one turn and also boosts attack. Subsitute to avoid revenge-killing and status. V-create and Thousand Arrows or Precipice Blades are your STAB attacks. V-create works well with this set because Pdon is still pretty darn fast if he acquires a shift gear boost (which isn't hard to do). I think the 148 evs allow you to outspeed Deoxys-S after a shift gear, 252 and adamant allow Pdon to hit as hard as possible, and the rest is dumped into HP for balk.
Obviously needs unaware, Sturdinja, and fur coaters removed before he can sweep.

Here is a fun little core i have been using and i would strongly recommend using it if my Pdon set ends up in 6th place:

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows / Precipice Blades

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Mild Nature
- Parting Shot
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare / Magma Storm

This Pdon set is a complete counter to my Mega Diancie set, and thus, counters Imposter Chansey when it copies Diancie, along with countering opposing Mega-Diancies if the opponent has one. If you are lucky or play it smart, you can parting shot out as Chansey copies you and go out to Pdon for absolutely free setup, since most of the time Chansey will parting shot out, because, you know, its Pdon and stuff.
My favourite part about this set is that it pulls a big middle finger to Gale chatter users such as MRay, expecting to hax you to death with confusion (if of course they are unaware of the fact you are soundproof). Oh and for the Mega-Diancie set? Parting Shot is actually surprisingly good on Diancie, allowing to pivot out of checks/counters and scouting for abilities such as magic bounce or soundproof or contrary. Maximum SpA investment allow Diancie to hit super-hard with it's main move - boomburst. Extremespeed because extremespeed. I chose blue flare over magma storm because everyone and their moms are putting Registeel on their team and it annoys me. Life Orb + Blue Flare hit Registeel insanely hard considering it's meant to be an -ate check. You can use Magma Storm if you want tho, but i don't like Registeel walling me all the time.

*bump*

Cmon guys! We only have 2 submissions! That's freaking nothing!
If you have any sets you think would benefit being in 6th position, don't hesitate to post it!

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Seed Flare
- King's Shield

It works for me against all those groudons, steel types, dragon types, water types, defensive lugias, and it really only has a weakness to fire flying types and some other pokes not usually in bh. Almost 2hko's everything

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Seed Flare
- King's Shield
You have to provide reasoning for why this set would be a good fit for the last slot on the team.

Hey guys i think a stealth rocker would be a good fit for this team, because if the opponents team is weak to hazards then naturally it will have a defogger. Mega Metagross can abuse that opportunity and a free +2 boost. Im busy right now but if anyone has a hazard setter that would fit in well for the team then plz post it.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
This team is a bit beyond saving at this point but we can at least try to patch up the glaring flaws in this team.

Mainly:
1. We have no reliable way of killing shed
2. We have no hazard setter, which is a problem in itself, even worse is that we are using competitive without hazards.

Immanent God (Ho-Oh) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- V-create
- Spore
- Pursuit

Covers the previously mentioned problems, as well as reliably countering our Diancie set. I'd say it fits into our team very well. It also covers our weakness to special Groudon, which Chansey cannot reliably wall.

Edit (it doesn't actually really cover groudon because it has no way of killing it ;-; It can spore pixilate sets but not PH sets)

Let's get this over with...

Stage 6 Voting:

Mamp's Imposter Chansey (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...age-6-submissions.3523754/page-9#post-6071475)
I like donkeys' Soundproof Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...age-6-submissions.3523754/page-9#post-6079850)
asdfghjklohhnhn's Protean MMY (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...age-6-submissions.3523754/page-9#post-6105442)
Kit Kasai's Mold Breaker Ho-oh (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...age-6-submissions.3523754/page-9#post-6114018)

voting for Kit Kasai because originality and we can fix other stuff in the post-building stage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)