Balanced Hackmons Community Create-a-Team (Testing post-Protean team)

I really like aki0s set.
Combining Regenerator with Assault Vest on Fairy / Steel pokemon is really interesting and oryginal idea.
Also, all moves, expect finishing Play Rought, just try set status valiment for oposit pokemon. Nuzzle for special or not Electric pokemons, Sacred Fire against physical pokemons (wihout Guts, where Guts ability is raretly used in thid meta), U-Turn for free damage AND heal from regenerator...
And this Play Rought for finishing pokemon.
Taunt here give nothing for oponent, because we don't have status moves. Good counter against Pixilate users with STAB (like Diance-Mega) and Dragons because that immunity.

I like this set.
And here my vote go.

I really like aki0s set.
Combining Regenerator with Assault Vest on Fairy / Steel pokemon is really interesting and oryginal idea.
Also, all moves, expect finishing Play Rought, just try set status valiment for oposit pokemon. Nuzzle for special or not Electric pokemons, Sacred Fire against physical pokemons (wihout Guts, where Guts ability is raretly used in thid meta), U-Turn for free damage AND heal from regenerator...
And this Play Rought for finishing pokemon.
Taunt here give nothing for oponent, because we don't have status moves. Good counter against Pixilate users with STAB (like Diance-Mega) and Dragons because that immunity.

I like this set.
And here my vote go.
The problem with this set is it doesn't actually counter vanilla Mega Ray.
252 SpA Sharp Beak Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 244+ SpD Assault Vest Mega Mawile: 114-135 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16 Atk Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 204-242 (58.1 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 108-127 (35.6 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

You switch in, take a boom or espeed, attack with play rough/nuzzle, take another boom, then just die to espeed. If you are going to run a bulky steel make sure it actually counters -ates. Otherwise it isn't viable.

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Earth Power
- King's Shield/ Will-o-wisp
- Quiver Dance

PH set up Yveltal set i tested right after GK ban. its eved to outspeed mmy after one boost. The is imposter proof thanks to Poison Heal and Oblivion Wing. OWing heals your Yveltal more then an Imposter, and Imposter will not be poisoned for PH. Earth Power is key Flying immune coverage, so not only can imposter not use it against us, but it also hits all of flying's key resists. King's Shield provides protection from Mega Rayquaza. WOW is the option i've used more because it wears down unaware walls that can easily PP stall this set. Quiver Dance is the crux of the whole set as it boosts special attack+defense, allowing us to hold off Imposters.
This is a little late, but note that while oblivion wing heals you more in terms of percentage, it heals you less in terms of actual healing because of Eviolite. While Poison heal lets you mostly ignore this, its not as safe as you think it is vs imposter. Further if the imposter is Pikachu (which is good but uncommon), you are healing far less.
You can probably pp stall, but they can switch out and then back in.

252 SpA Sharp Beak Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 244+ SpD Assault Vest Mega Mawile: 114-135 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16 Atk Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 204-242 (58.1 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 108-127 (35.6 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

You switch in, take a boom or espeed, attack with play rough/nuzzle, take another boom, then just die to espeed. If you are going to run a bulky steel make sure it actually counters -ates. Otherwise it isn't viable.
Well... I forgot about stats over all...
Huge Power from Vanilla game is a threat what makes this pokemon really powerfull...
With other abillity, this base is... well... BAD.
Where Huge Power is banned, here Mega Mawille have bad time...
Soundproof is better against Boomboorst, but she just loose healing option... And E-speed don't care about this option.
Maybe expect situation, when we run Soundproof on (for example) Mega Aggron. That could be unbrekable wall for -ate users.
But... Two Steel type pokemon? Thousand Arrows eat that easy...
Or special Fire atack...

After some deliberation, I'm voting for highlighter. Planning on ending voting in about 5.5 hours, since we've gotten such a good turnout right away and I'm excited to see what else people will come up with!

So, the winner is highlighter with the following set:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Protean
EVs: 200 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Rash Nature
- Judgment
- Bolt Strike
- Boomburst
- V-create

Now, we can begin Stage 2: nominate a Pokemon you think synergizes well with the above Pokemon, the one around which we will be basing our team!

This Giratina walls HL's impostered Ray. It also does well against most physical sets such as MMX or Slaking and it can cripple them with Wilo. Aside from Stealth Rocks, it is pretty "Imposter-proof" as long as you are poisoned.

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp / Scald
- Heal Order
- Stealth Rock / Dragon Tail
- U-turn / Volt Switch / Parting Shot

Last edited:

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
I like giratina as an imposter Ray counter, but not really poison heal. If we're looking for a physical wall for slaking/mmx, I much prefer Fur Coat Giratina.

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Gastro Acid
- Aromatherapy / Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off / Stealth Rock

This set is wonderful for phasing the opposing team. Will-o-Wisp with fur coat can completely wall + burn essentially any physical attacker, even after a boost. These EVs give it a great matchup against even poison heal tyranitar, allowing it to wall a boosted knock off to get a gastro acid off, and roost stall until a switch is forced. Knock off is key for picking off switchins like Gengar, who are rendered useless against Giratina without a spooky plate. In addition, Giratina can be great support with aromatherapy, defog, or a stealth rock setter.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Spore
- Infestation / Magma Storm

Spore + Infest Aerilate Ray is an excellent partner to our Protean Ray for a few reasons. Most importantly, it lures in the only 2 counters to it, FC Chansey and Shed, and bops them with Spore and Infest respectively. In addition, the Protean Ray lures in mons like Registeel and Mega TTar and takes them out to allow the -ate Ray to clean up late-game. On top of this, Spore allows Ray to bait King's Shield from Protean mons like M2Y that would otherwise check Protean Ray, and put them to sleep, making it even easier for it to shred through opposing teams. The best part of this of course, is that the opponent wont be able to tell the two apart, meaning that even if they know the sets they wont know what to switch in, making it even easier for the Rays to break down each others switch-ins. Magma Storm is an option over Infestation which has the obvious advantage of letting Ray get past Steels, but it 1) makes it more difficult to anti-imposter 2) is a much less reliable means of killing shed due to its 75% accuracy. Which of these we end up going with really depends on how the rest of the team turns out.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Substitute
- King's Shield / Spore
- Tail Glow

Top 5 unwallable mon in the meta. be sure to have an unaware wall/eviolite max spdef chansey/shedinja on the team though, or else it will counter sweep you. it sets up all over non-whirlwind chanseys and flash fire registeels that walls the protean rayquaza. also it has similar checks and counters (its the same mon lol) and this can put a lot of pressure on passive walls.

+6 56+ SpA Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 212-250 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+3 56+ SpA Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 227-267 (94.1 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 56+ SpA Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mewtwo Y: 336-396 (95.1 - 112.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

First of all you have my set incorrect. Second of all I never mentioned that it was a "counter". I said it was "a reliable switch in to all the -ate users in the tier (M-Diance, M-Quaza, Kyurem-B/W) and can cripple them with a nuzzle / sacred fire". If you're going to shit on my set at least have your facts straight. The only purpose of the mon is to absorb a fake out or maybe a boomburst - retaliate with a nuzzle or sacred fire to cripple them - then switch to get the regenerator boost into an actual mon that can then wall or take out Rayquaza/Diancie/Kyurem. Play rough is only there to take out opposing M-Ray's/Kyurem's on low HP.

Last edited:

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Volt Switch
- Recycle

Sturdy Shedinja has great synergy with every pokemon in the BH tier. Taunt is to force attackless mons to struggle & to prevent Giratina & co. from status spamming. Volt Switch > Baton pass in case they are magic bounce & taunt is reflected back. This Shedinja walls an impostered version of our Protean M-Ray & provides a semi reliable switch in to most things that may attempt to revenge M-Ray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)