Balanced Hackmons Community Create-a-Team (Testing post-Protean team)

To be perfectly honestly, we really shouldn't be spooky plate because we can't switch into Mega Gengar or reliably beat it even with ghost Judgement, but aki0s is correct, at least Chansey gives the illusion of eviolite.

To be perfectly honestly, we really shouldn't be spooky plate because we can't switch into Mega Gengar or reliably beat it even with ghost Judgement, but aki0s is correct, at least Chansey gives the illusion of eviolite.
It offers more of a chance of beating M-gengar than non-spooky plate. Something like P-heal Yveltal would give a more reliable check for sure, but Imposter plate Chansey checks more of the threats you listed & doesn't compound already existing weaknesses. We will have to pick up an imposter or unaware user somewhere along the line & I see no reason why the slot should not belong to spooky plate imposter Chansey.

highlighter is the winner! This means that nominations for Stage 6 and our final team member are now open.

Current team:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Protean
EVs: 200 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Rash Nature
- Judgment
- Bolt Strike
- Boomburst
- V-create

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Spore
- Infestation / Magma Storm

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Nuzzle
- Stealth Rock/Defog/Gastro Acid
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Parting Shot / U-turn
- Slack Off
- Metal Burst
- Will-O-Wisp / Whirlwind

Ho-Oh @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Whirlwind / U-Turn

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Nomming what I consider the best threat in BH: Mega Diancie

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm / Spore
- Precipice Blades

This fits into our team really well, as it is a top tier threat that we already have imposter-proofed thanks to Ho-Oh. Precipice Blades destroys Registeel, and once most teams lose Registeel, Diancie will just win. Magma storm is good coverage for the rare LeviRegi, and handles shedinja. Spore can be a really annoying combination with atespeed, and beats Fur Coat Chansey. Anyway, spamming boomburst with this is just the way to go in BH, fairy is too good.

rip

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
Nomming what I consider the best threat in BH: Mega Diancie

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm / Spore
- Precipice Blades

This fits into our team really well, as it is a top tier threat that we already have imposter-proofed thanks to Ho-Oh. Precipice Blades destroys Registeel, and once most teams lose Registeel, Diancie will just win. Magma storm is good coverage for the rare LeviRegi, and handles shedinja. Spore can be a really annoying combination with atespeed, and beats Fur Coat Chansey. Anyway, spamming boomburst with this is just the way to go in BH, fairy is too good.
we cant use this unfortunately, as we already have an -ate user

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
not gonna put out another set but I'm just going to point out that PH tyranitar can sweep the team after a Shift Gear.
Making Registeel's 2nd moveslot Gastro Acid should solve that (unless Ttar has started to run Ground/Fighting moves).
----
I'm going to be boring and suggest Imposter Chansey - Spooky Plate isn't necessary IMO since Ho-Oh already checks most Mgar and MMY.

Chansey @ Eviolite/Lucky Punch
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Skill Swap/Parting Shot
- Whirlwind
- Fake Out
- King's Shield/Recover/Metal Burst

I'm not sure if Skill Swap bypassed sub anymore, it didn't work the last time I tried but !dt seems to suggest that it should. If it does work, then it should be ran, otherwise Parting Shot + WW beats everything behind a sub except Suction Cups (lol). Skill Swap should be paired with KS or Recover so that the Rays can come in and Boomburst without fear of Metal Burst.

edit: would Trick > Koff on Ho-Oh be worth considering? Only PH mons, Steels/Poisons, and other Magic Guarders like taking an Orb. disregard this lol
edit2: skill swap doesn't do what it wants to do, so I crossed out the references to it

Last edited:
----
I'm going to be boring and suggest Imposter Chansey - Spooky Plate isn't necessary IMO since Ho-Oh already checks most Mgar and MMY.
It's not really necessary rn, no. But it was before Ho-oh was voted in. Last slot should obv go to an imposter mon imo. Since Chansey is taken:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield

Moves are p much filler besides Skill swap. Imposters set up sweepers & kek's them.

MAMP

MAMP!
I'm gonna nominate Unaware Mega Audino for the last slot.

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles / Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Recover
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass

At the moment, the team has a few glaring weaknesses: in particular, Shift Gear TTar and GW MRay basically just win if they get a turn of set up, and we're reliant on Ho-Oh as our only real answer to Protean Mewtwo Y and Mega Gengar. Unaware Mega Audino solves all of these issues very cleanly, easing the pressure on Ho-Oh and providing a solid counter to many dangerous set-up sweepers that would ravage the team otherwise. I'm a big fan of this Heart Swap set, as it has a lot more offensive presence than most other Unaware Audino sets, so it can't just get stalled out as easily. As well, Baton Passing some boosts to one of our MRay's can potentially be a game winning play, which is important to keep in mind. The EV spread allows us to never be 2HKO'd by 252+ Life Orb GW Ray Oblivion Wing after Stealth Rock, and the rest is stuck in defense to help deal with Mega TTar.
It's not really necessary rn, no. But it was before Ho-oh was voted in. Last slot should obv go to an imposter mon imo. Since Chansey is taken:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield

Moves are p much filler besides Skill swap. Imposters set up sweepers & kek's them.
please stop

]But seriously check out the latest pages of this thread, it is discussed how Pikachu is trash in BH and should never be used on a serious team.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-viability-ranking.3547823/page-7
What.
First off, it doesn't say that on the page you linked, at all, or even in the last two pages except for one poster who isn't really the best of sources.
Secondly, it is way better than it is ranked, due to actually being good. While it isn't some kind of godlike mon (despite what I might say at times), it is heavily underrated and is viable. I argued for it earlier in this thread, so I'l link it again, plus a bit more.
quantum tesseract said:
Lucky punch Chansey is a terrible gimmick that has no reason to exist, while Imposterchu has a role. Its like comparing deoxys-a with mega alakazam- one of them is decent but with some serious flaws, one of them should never be used. Lucky punch is the definition of inconsistant.
Looking at it from a mathematical perspective- Lucky Punch raises the crit chance from 1/16 to 1/4. Thats an increase of 1/16, out of 50% that crits boost. Thats a 9% increase- for the record, the terribad items of muscle band and wise glasses boost 10. Sure it boosts both sides, but no chansey should lucky punch. Eviolite will always be better, as will a spooky plate, a choice scarf, safety goggles. In terms of damage boosting imposters, your best options are pikachu- Which is way better than you give it credit for- and band/specs/lo chansey/blisey. Of these, I know which one I want to use.

Your own set is an example of this. pikachu has a (small) chance to 2hko after poison heal if you try and wall, as well as 1 92% if we aren't poisoned yet. Chansey has 0, no matter how often it crits..
The ko's depend (obviously) on what you imposter into, but any non immunity/resistance based imposterproofing just fails flat out. some examples, however, are:
252+ Atk Light Ball Pixilate Pikachu (Diancie) Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 262-309 (100 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Light Ball Aerilate Pikachu (Mray) Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 483-568 (96 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Light Ball Aerilate Pikachu (Mray) Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar: 324-382 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

If there is a partular calc you are looking for, feel free to ask.
Just by existing, Pikachu puts an incredible pressure, both in teambuilding and in battle. Think your Giratina counters protean MMX? Welcome to Light Ball PBlades- it 2hkos. Want to run unaware Maudino to wall your Tail Glow Mray? 252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu (Rayquaza) Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 204-241 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
If you want to wall imposter Pikachu, you either need immunities, or mons so weak you can avoid the 4hko from imposters of, which isn't always doable. This almost always leaves sturdy Shed, which is killed by rocks. If they have an imposter Pikachu, you cant afford to send out your most powerful mons until its gone, you can't KO mons with your MMY's secret sword (because then Pikachu can come in and potentially win), you cant bring in your fakespeed Diancie safely- especially since Pikachu has just enough bulk (hitting 274) to have similar hp to common offense mons such as the aforsaid Diancie (241). Even if Pikachu imposters a wall, it isn't useless- Pikachu impostering dragon tail Giratina still hits like a truck.

Furthermore, you are relying on ad hominem attacks, like calling the person you are arguing with salty, rather than actually making a claim and then supporting it. If you want to disagree with people, fine, but please use arguments instead of reaction pictures.

Is it S-Rank, like Chansey, who can be run on nearly every team? No. But is it a viable mon with a major niche that can be run? Yes, absolutely. I suggest you try it- it might even surprise you.

What.
First off, it doesn't say that on the page you linked, at all, or even in the last two pages except for one poster who isn't really the best of sources.
Secondly, it is way better than it is ranked, due to actually being good. While it isn't some kind of godlike mon (despite what I might say at times), it is heavily underrated and is viable. I argued for it earlier in this thread, so I'l link it again, plus a bit more.

Just by existing, Pikachu puts an incredible pressure, both in teambuilding and in battle. Think your Giratina counters protean MMX? Welcome to Light Ball PBlades- it 2hkos. Want to run unaware Maudino to wall your Tail Glow Mray? 252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu (Rayquaza) Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 204-241 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
If you want to wall imposter Pikachu, you either need immunities, or mons so weak you can avoid the 4hko from imposters of, which isn't always doable. This almost always leaves sturdy Shed, which is killed by rocks. If they have an imposter Pikachu, you cant afford to send out your most powerful mons until its gone, you can't KO mons with your MMY's secret sword (because then Pikachu can come in and potentially win), you cant bring in your fakespeed Diancie safely- especially since Pikachu has just enough bulk (hitting 274) to have similar hp to common offense mons such as the aforsaid Diancie (241). Even if Pikachu imposters a wall, it isn't useless- Pikachu impostering dragon tail Giratina still hits like a truck.

Furthermore, you are relying on ad hominem attacks, like calling the person you are arguing with salty, rather than actually making a claim and then supporting it. If you want to disagree with people, fine, but please use arguments instead of reaction pictures.

Is it S-Rank, like Chansey, who can be run on nearly every team? No. But is it a viable mon with a major niche that can be run? Yes, absolutely. I suggest you try it- it might even surprise you.
Woops i guess i linked the wrong thread, i'll edit later if i can be bothered, it's somewhere in the BH suspect thread iirc
The main reason i didn't retort with a proper argument is that it's already been argued to death on why Pikachu isn't viable. I figured it would be more efficient to link him to the thread instead of cluttering this thread with a run-down argument.

I wasn't resorting to ad hominem with that salty image, i like to call it satire. Also just because I showed someone else's argument rather than my own unique argument, doesn't mean the argument i presented you with is any less valid.

Woops i guess i linked the wrong thread, i'll edit later if i can be bothered, it's somewhere in the BH suspect thread iirc
The main reason i didn't retort with a proper argument is that it's already been argued to death on why Pikachu isn't viable. I figured it would be more efficient to link him to the thread instead of cluttering this thread with a run-down argument.

I wasn't resorting to ad hominem with that salty image, i like to call it satire. Also just because I showed someone else's argument rather than my own unique argument, doesn't mean the argument i presented you with is any less valid.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-suspects-and-bans.3566051/page-2
here, then?

The arguments here aren't that great either (ie not good enough that I would want to use them, but alright). The argument isn't run down at all (a total of 9 posts have been made between the two thread, not counting your three), so to me you saying that seems like your just trying to avoid admitting a mistake (although if this isn't true, I apologize).

Its ad hominem because of how you used it- ie, in lieu of actual points. Instead of finding/making a good argument, you instead attacked/satired the person making it, which is dumb because any idiot can call the sky blue and not be wrong. Even if he was "salty", it was unneeded and rude.

Pikachu isn't a "viable" mon in bh. Its a walking 50/50 just to be useful. Its a lot like running a standalone moody or swag play set. Or a simple Shell Smash Deo-A set. You might get lucky and it will just win you the game if they rely on walls to check their sweepers. If you copy something like a non judgement protean sweeper you can just win if you get lucky. But if you copy something like Arceus, you get revenged killed by -ate even if you win the matchup, so you might only just kill one mon. So you have you have all these unknown factors deciding whether or not Pikachu is actually useful. Highly competitive players want to control as many parts of the game as they possibly can. In such a high variance game you really have to control as much as you can to keep a good win percentage. Thats why so many competitive players dislike Pikachu. Its not that its bad and unusable, its that more often then not its usefulness is determined by the RNG. Yeah it can force a person to play a bit differently (it doesn't force people to team build differently that bit is just false) which can work in your favor if your team is more skewed toward Hyper Offense like Quantum Tesseract's team. But Hyper Offense this team is not. Which brings me to the most irrefutable point: Pikachu imposter (or any imposter) is a bad fit for this team. The two biggest threats to this team are Mega Tyranitar and GW Mega Ray, both of which are generally imposter proof. Even if we used basic eviolite Chans it would be a bad choice. This team doesn't have room for Imposter. This is something i've found in almost every team i build post ORAS. There are just too many imposter-proof threats that it isn't worth running imposter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)