1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Balanced Hackmons Minitour - Round 1 [See post #49]

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Arcticblast, May 26, 2013.

1. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Winner of the Biggest Dork Competition 2014
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

Format copied shamelessly from Level-51, who copied it from NixHex, who copied it from Joeyboy's OU Mini-tournaments.
    [PIMG]492[/PIMG]Balanced Hackmons[PIMG]112[/PIMG]
    Mini-Tournament
    How to participate:

• The Balanced Hackmons Mini-Tournament is run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
    • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OM sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
    • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
    General Rulings for all Tournaments (open)

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences. Don't do it.

Balanced Hackmons Mini-Tournament Rules:

• Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
    • Balanced Hackmons. Refer to this thread for more information on the tier.
    • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
    • You may switch your team each round.

Battle Clauses:

• OHKO Clause
    • Timed Battle

How to challenge your opponent:
    To challenge your opponent, click their name on the Showdown user list in the Lobby, then click "Challenge;" alternatively, type /challenge _____, where _____ is your opponent's username and click "Challenge." Set the format to "Balanced Hackmons" under the Other Metagames category.

Other things to note about Balanced Hackmons Mini-Tournaments:

• There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
    • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
    • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
    • Please turn in a log or replay of your battle once it has been completed. This will ensure there is no drama, and select replays can be put up on the Balanced Hackmons thread once the tournament reaches a close.

Signups:
    ThePillsburyDoughBoy
    BlankZero
    Imanalt
    Qwilphish
    Adrian Marin
    bobbyvaporeon
    TheCommadore
    Level 51
    The Immortal
    DarkBlazeR
    MJB
    Skyshayde
    Unitas
    Hyperbeem
    Audiosurfer
    Keep It Playful
    WooperKirby
    jonathanrp
    lokt
    LonelyNess
    JamesSonofBaboonzo
    Tagliatelle21
  2. Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

The Balanced Hackmons Mini-tournament this time will have a twist to it - each round, something in the metagame will change. Will Huge Power come back? Will Imposter get the boot? Stay tuned!
    [PIMG]679[/PIMG]
  3. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

4. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

In. How soon can these start?
  5. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

6. Arcticblast

This is the signup thread and the thread where everything's happening. Just post "in" to join.
  7. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

8. Qwilphish

Qwilphish Spiritual
    is a Pre-Contributor

i suck at bh ._.

in
  9. Adrian Marin

Adrian Marin

10. bobbyvaporeon

bobbyvaporeon

11. TheCommadore

TheCommadore

12. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

in
    time to talent-spot for you know what
  13. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

14. DarkBlazeR

DarkBlazeR

15. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

16. Skyshayde

Skyshayde

I'm in, I'll probably lose though, haven't battled much BH in a while.
  17. Unitas

Unitas

In. Lets do this
  18. Ezio

Ezio .
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

19. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

20. Keep it Playful

Keep it Playful

21. wierddude22

wierddude22

Am i too late to be in?
  22. jrp

jrp wanker of the highest order

arcticblast is a noob

in
  23. lokt

lokt

24. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

25. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)