Tournament Balanced Hackmons Snake Draft [Won by the Malefic Mega Rays]

And with that, signups are now closed. A reminder that the live draft will take place in the Other Metagames official discord at 8PM EST tonight (a little under 5 hours from when this post was made for those bad with time zones). Good luck!

And with that, signups are now closed. A reminder that the live draft will take place in the Other Metagames official discord at 8PM EST tonight (a little under 5 hours from when this post was made for those bad with time zones). Good luck!
to clarify, this is in the other metas discord and not the snake draft discord?

Rosters & Matchups

Cash-Money Cacturnes
(Highlighter & Cash):
- Morogrim, Transcendent God Champion, Dragongroudon9, Rumors, RNGIsFatal, partys over, pileosand

Malefic Mega Rays
(GL Volkner & E4 Flint):
- nyan kat, Quantum Tesseract, jasprose, Piccolo Daimao, Leru, Catalystic, sedertz

Nice Natus
(TheBurgerKing99 & jrm115):
- sugarhigh, Ztest, aki0s, Silver_Lucario42, GmU Pokeboss9, Highlord, CROW'S BANE

TentaCOOLs
(MAMP & Funbot28)
- Klang, Pikachuun, Akashi, Balanced Freakmons, ihhca, betathunder, Ransei

--

Week 1
Cash-Money Cacturnes vs. TentaCOOLs
Malefic Mega Rays vs. Nice Natus

Week 2
Cash-Money Cacturnes vs. Nice Natus
Malefic Mega Rays vs. TentaCOOLs

Week 3
Malefic Mega Rays vs. Cash-Money Cacturnes
Nice Natus vs. TentaCOOLs

--

Concerning trades: If managers wish to conduct a trade, the managers of both teams must PM me (ScarfWynaut) on the forums for it to be permissable. Note that due to the size of the tournament, teams cannot trade players after the conclusion of Week 1.

--

Week 1 will commence as soon as I'm given each team's starting rosters (highlighter GL Volkner TheBurgerKing99 MAMP). If there are any questions feel free to ask. Good luck to all the players!

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hi just wondering what will happen if something big happens in the usage stats for bh uu, like if mega sceptile drops (which is disturbingly close and i realize that the council will never allow it but just an example)? will it be allowed in the same round or next round?

MAMP

MAMP!
hi just wondering what will happen if something big happens in the usage stats for bh uu, like if mega sceptile drops (which is disturbingly close and i realize that the council will never allow it but just an example)? will it be allowed in the same round or next round?
typically, when a tier changes during a round (due to a ban/unban, rise/drop, something getting released) the change will not be applied until the next round.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Week 1
Schedule

Cash-Money Cacturnes
(highlighter I'm actually Cash) vs
TentaCOOLs
(MAMP Funbot28) | 2-3
SM BH: Rumors vs. Pikachuun
SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs. Ransei
ORAS BH: Dragongroudon9 vs. Betathunder
BW BH: Transcendent God Champion vs. Klang
BH UU: morogrim vs. Akashi

Malefic Mega Rays
(GL Volkner E4 Flint) vs
Nice Natus
(TheBurgerKing99 jrm115) | 2-3
SM BH: jasprose vs. CROW'S BANE
SM BH: Piccolo Daimao vs. aki0s
ORAS BH: Quantum Tesseract vs. Ztest
BW BH: nyan kat vs. sugarhigh
BH UU: sedertz vs. Silver_Lucario42

Old Gens are to be played on ROM.
BH UU is to be played in [Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons, while abiding to this banlist.
Replays are mandatory.

Deadline: November 14th - 11:59PM - GMT+0
Good luck all!

Last edited:
A reminder that the Red Orb and Kangaskhanite bans from BH UU are in effect for the duration of the week (& the tournament). Good luck!

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Predictions for Cacti vs Cool

SM BH: Rumors vs. Pikachuun - Choon is much better than Rumors imo and he's prob gonna bring some meme that catches Rumors completely off guard
SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs. Ransei - Just crit and para Close game, I can see it going either way because while RNG has more experience Ransei is far from a pushover when he tries. Still gonna put it in RNG's favor but this will be the deciding match of the series imo
ORAS BH: Dragongroudon9 vs. Betathunder - Beta is just outclassed here, not that he's bad but DG9 has much more experience than him and is actually p good. Sry beta I still love you
BW BH: Transcendent God Champion vs. Klang - Steel types eat hail teams for breakfast.
BH UU: morogrim vs. Akashi - Jeran is good but morogrim can finally use his dogshit sig mon in some semblance of viability (no matter how lacking.) Even so, Morogrim clearly dodged Ducky to peak at #1 (as stated by the Lord Waterfowl himself, what more proof do you need?) and Ducky will undoubtedly be cheering for Jeran so with the blessing of THE BEST BH PLAYER(tm), I can see Jeran pulling through. This seems heavily in moro's favor though in all seriousness but Jeran is prob good enough to pull a few surprises up his sleeve so there' still that.

Overall Cacturnes take it this week imo but it'll be close and I'm looking forward to It!

(highlighter I'm actually Cash) vs
(MAMP Funbot28) | 3-2
SM BH: Rumors vs. Pikachuun - is it possible to produce a matchup of two bh players with a greater love for gimmicks? I think not. also why is rumors playing sm in a tour with old gens
SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs. Ransei - Ransei always does well in tournaments but I am pretty sure that the sheer number of bh games RNG has played this generation will put him over the edge
ORAS BH: Dragongroudon9 vs. Betathunder - betathunder is the greatest user in recent history but dg9 actually plays bh and will be on the warpath after inexplicably not being drafted in ompl
BW BH: Transcendent God Champion vs. Klang - lance will probably bring mirages of the frozen wasteland and post inspirational quotes from stalin. to be honest I don't know if klang still plays pokemon but he was always quite good at it to say the least
BH UU: morogrim vs. Akashi - I seem to be completely and utterly incapable of predicting jeran's matchups in tournaments and yet I keep trying.
(GL Volkner E4 Flint) vs
(TheBurgerKing99 jrm115) | 2-3
SM BH: jasprose vs. CROW'S BANE - ducky's alter-ego brother has not really had any tournament success. the only way jasprose loses is if he gets psyched out by his recent resignation or something
SM BH: Piccolo Daimao vs. aki0s - whoever is less active wins. bring the sand team that is 6-0d by kyogre and yet does really well on the ladder
ORAS BH: Quantum Tesseract vs. Ztest - free protean and qt will win
BW BH: nyan kat vs. sugarhigh - this is the highlight(er) match tbh. both of these players actually rose to prominence during this era. going with sugarhigh just because he has basically made a name for himself on smogon based on doing well in this generation
BH UU: sedertz vs. Silver_Lucario42 - this is perhaps the weirdest matchup possible — I'm glad to see that someone actually drafted sl42 (if only so that I don't have to hear about him not being drafted for another millennium), and it remains to be seen if he will be able to succeed in this setting, but I am pretty sure sedertz has never played bh uu

edit: wow volt made the exact same predictions rip me

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Contacted and

SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs. Ransei - Just crit and para
Okay I lied

upload_2017-11-7_8-36-30.png

upload_2017-11-7_8-36-1.png

upload_2017-11-7_8-37-44.png

upload_2017-11-7_8-40-31.png

This esteemed user always give me a willpower

upload_2017-11-7_8-38-39.png

upload_2017-11-7_8-34-56.png

A benevolent and friendly tier leader also gives me motivation

SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs. Ransei - Ransei always does well in tournaments but I am pretty sure that the sheer number of bh games RNG has played this generation will put him over the edge
upload_2017-11-7_8-51-40.png

Excuse me I play more cartridge for the sake of my sanity

upload_2017-11-7_8-52-41.png

Wait nvm

Anyways thanks for all the love

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Cash-Money Cacturnes (highlighter I'm actually Cash) vs TentaCOOLs (MAMP Funbot28) | 2-3

SM BH: Rumors vs. Pikachuun
SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs. Ransei - idk how rng got drafted, and Ransei knows his stuff in bh so he should win
ORAS BH: Dragongroudon9 vs. Beta thunder - 2 very good players, but i think dg9 is more active so he has the advantage
BW BH: Transcendent God Champion vs. Klang - Lance is known for using close to perfect teams, but since there is only a very few of them, it makes him quite predictable. I doubt he plans to build teams VS Klang, cause 1 week isn't enough to build the kind of team he would feel confident to use. Klang should have the win if he preps correctly.
BH UU: morogrim vs. Akashi - morogrim has more experience in bh, but looking at his major tour games from before, Akashi looks like a much better competitive player. As long as Akashi got some neat teams, he should have the win

Malefic Mega Rays (GL Volkner E4 Flint) vs Nice Natus (TheBurgerKing99 jrm115) | 4-1?-0

SM BH: jasprose vs. CROW'S BANE
SM BH: Piccolo Daimao vs. aki0s
ORAS BH: Quantum Tesseract vs. Zest - QT should win, cause he is nice
BW BH: nyan kat vs. sugarhigh - idk who they are
BH UU: sedertz vs. Silver_Lucario42 - I've never seen sedertz play before, but I saw lucario once.

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
My predictions are the best predictions because I am the best BH player of all time.

SM BH: Rumors vs Pikachuun - Pikachuun has global auth so he's automatically a good player

SM BH: RNGIsFatal vs Ransei - RNG is actually good (no offense Ransei ur good too, ur just not RNG level good)

ORAS BH: DG9 vs Betathunder - DG9 is cool so he'll win

BW BH: Lance vs Klang- Lance is tied for the 2nd best BH player ever and Klang is overrated

BH UU: morogrim vs Akashi- I don't know who Akashi is, but he has my full support so he'll win

SM BH: jasprose vs CROW'S BANE- mono pogre is invincible and crow is bad

SM BH: Piccolo Daimao vs aki0s - aki0s beat me once 2 years ago so he's obviously amazing at Pokemon

ORAS BH: Quantum Tesseract vs Ztest -Ztest is fucking op and QT is bad

BW BH: nyan kat vs sugarhigh - sugarhigh had a really good baton pass team in gen 6 so we can assume he's good at gen 5

BH UU: sedertz vs Silver_Lucario42 - SL42 was made for this tier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)