Balanced Hackmons Threatlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
not too sure if this is too off topic, but why are there pages for balanced hackmons, but not for regular hackmons? As a prominent player in the hackmons community I've noticed that hackmons is much more popular than BH in terms of the community size.
From what I've seen, hackmons has a lot more battles, yes, however that thread on smogon isn't nearly as popular as the BH thread. If this thread gets more popularity, said threatlist would probably be created.

Last edited:
not too sure if this is too off topic, but why are there pages for balanced hackmons, but not for regular hackmons? As a prominent player in the hackmons community I've noticed that hackmons is much more popular than BH in terms of the community size.
From what I've seen, hackmons has a lot more battles, yes, however this thread on smogon isn't nearly as popular as the BH thread. If this thread gets more popularity, said threatlist would probably be created.
Not to mention the fact that as of yet, the Hackmons community, particularly the high-level players, have done very little to contribute on Smogon as of yet (no offense), some of them instead choosing to make a mockery of the designated thread.

(Also, Pikachuun, I think you mean the Hackmons thread rather than this thread)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
1. There is no community for hackmons lol
2. the two best hackmons players made smogon accounts like yesterday
3. a lot of mods hate pure hacks :/

And now back to posting BH threats~

Last edited:

Kyurem-White
Type: Dragon / Ice
Base Stats: 125 / 120 / 90 / 170 / 100 / 95
Common Abilities: Refrigerate

Kyurem-W has access to the most powerful Boomburst in the game, thanks to its sky-high base 170 Special Attack and Refrigerate turning it into an amped up STAB move; not much wants to take it. Boomburst has an added side effect of hitting through Substitutes, which can be quite handy. Kyurem-W is quite bulky with a large 125 HP stat, which can come in handy. Kyurem-W can also make use of Extreme Speed and Fake Out, thanks to its high base 120 Attack. Kyurem-W's STAB moves get great coverage around the tier, only being resisted by Steel-types, which can easily be patched up. Kyurem-W offers great offensive support in Rapid Spin, which it can use to great effect as an unblockable Rapid Spin, as it is now an Ice-type move. Kyurem-W's Speed is also not too shabby, allowing it to outspeed things like neutral-natured Lugia.

EDIT:
Heisenerg pointed out to me on Showdown he had already done Kyurem-W ;;; I'm not going to delete this, though, because I did spend the time to write it. But yeah, asterat, ignore this one and use Heisenerg's! =)

Last edited:

Aerodactyl-Mega
Type: Rock / Flying
Base Stats: 80 / 135 / 85 / 70 / 95 / 150
Common Abilities: Magic Guard

Aerodactyl-Mega is by far, the best user of Magic Guard in the current Balanced hackmons metagame this is because of it's large attack stat in addition to it's ridiculous speed tier making sure that almost every pokemon lacking priority possesses the ability to outspeed Aerodactyl-Mega. Having access to both Head Smash and Brave Bird is a very big deal for a Magic guard user. There are two items that can be used on Aerodactyl-Mega in the shape of Toxic Orb and Life Orb. Toxic Orb is the more useful item as it becomes a great status absorber in addition to not taking damage from the Toxic Orb due to Magic Guard while Life Orb gives Aerodactyl-Mega even more power. One problem with Aerodactyl-Mega, is that it becomes completely walled by Flaut there is a plethora of pros including the fact that almost nothing can switch into it, the only failsafe way of killing Aerodactyl-Mega is revenging it with a pokemon such as Kyurem-Black, and the ability to run through both offensive and stall teams.
(Currently editing)
Since you stated you are still "currently editing" I would like to add a possible alternative. For Abilities please add Aerilate, used as a lead it can outspeed many threats and use Spore, Belly Drum, and depend on Extreme Speed to outspeed other priority users thanks to Aerilate. Aerodactyl can use Lum Berry to avoid status including from set-up Magic Bounce users not expecting Belly Drum. Now having already magnified its Attack to +6, and being immune to status, it can use Diamond Storm as a possible STAB coverage move, increasing Defense 50% of the time to better take priority attacks from the likes of Extreme Speed Deoxys-A or Deoxys-S that would try to outspeed Aerodactyl.

Since you stated you are still "currently editing" I would like to add a possible alternative. For Abilities please add Aerilate, used as a lead it can outspeed many threats and use Spore, Belly Drum, and depend on Extreme Speed to outspeed other priority users thanks to Aerilate. Aerodactyl can use Lum Berry to avoid status including from set-up Magic Bounce users not expecting Belly Drum. Now having already magnified its Attack to +6, and being immune to status, it can use Diamond Storm as a possible STAB coverage move, increasing Defense 50% of the time to better take priority attacks from the likes of Extreme Speed Deoxys-A or Deoxys-S that would try to outspeed Aerodactyl.
I talked about this a week ago in the othermetas room. It seems completely counter-productive for a Pokemon that outspeeds every single relevant/top threat in the metagame to even use Extremespeed. Additionally, your Belly Drum set risks being checked by Imposter. Magic Guard is clearly superior, not in terms of niche, in terms of overall viability. Additionally, you may as well use a more consistent Aerilate Pokemon such as Rayquaza and Yveltal.

Tagging TheBurgerKing99 since he's a sucker for Aeriliate Yveltal.

It is not counter productive, as other Pokemon use priority, such as Bullet Punch Mega Scizor, and other extreme Speeders such as Pixelate Xerneus. Just be aware, Aerodactyl can attempt to Speed tie, and Spore Chansey, then continue to sweep. If you have teammates such as Sturdy Shedinja then you are covered...

It is not counter productive, as other Pokemon use priority, such as Bullet Punch Mega Scizor, and other extreme Speeders such as Pixelate Xerneus. Just be aware, Aerodactyl can attempt to Speed tie, and Spore Chansey, then continue to sweep. If you have teammates such as Sturdy Shedinja then you are covered...
There's no point using it to beat other -ates since mAerodactyl isn't going to be doing a practical amount of damage I.e there are better things that deal with -ates. Also unless people really hate mAero, Bullet Punch doesn't have much use on mScizor (and again Extreme Speed isn't going to do that much to mScizor anyway).

MAMP

MAMP!

Charizard-Mega-Y

Type: Fire/Flying
Base Stats: 78 / 104 / 78 / 159 / 115 / 100
Common Abilities: Poison Heal/Aerilate

Charizard Y is one of the most dangerous offensive threats in Balanced Hackmons. This is because it combines an incredible Special Attack stat with very good STABs, as well as decent special bulk and multiple key resistances, most notably to Fairy and Fighting. It has two common sets: an Aerilate set **mystery charizard** that breaks down walls with an incredibly powerful Boomburst, and can also revenge kill with STAB Extreme Speed; and a Poison Heal set that takes advantage of Charizard Y's defensive capabilities and the insane passive recovery afforded by Poison Heal coupled with Oblivion Wing to set up multiple Quiver Dances and sweep.

Last edited:

Arceus-Ghost
Type: Ghost
Base Stats: 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120
Common Abilities: Multitype

Arceus-Ghost has a very powerful niche in the Balanced Hackmons that lies in the fact that it can disguise itself as any other Arceus form. More specifically, it can often disguise itself as a Dark-type to lure in Fighting-type moves and allow for an easier setup. Arceus-Ghost's Plate cannot be Tricked away or Knocked Off, making it much more powerful. It has great bulk all around and high attacking stats, allowing it to take advantage of Shell Smash very well while the opponent does not know it is a Ghost-type.

((WIP))

There's no point using it to beat other -ates since mAerodactyl isn't going to be doing a practical amount of damage I.e there are better things that deal with -ates. Also unless people really hate mAero, Bullet Punch doesn't have much use on mScizor (and again Extreme Speed isn't going to do that much to mScizor anyway).
I think you forgot Extreme Speed is 156 base power Flying move (with STAB) which is stronger than a STAB Return. Also with +6 attack, it will do lots of damage, I personally see a 1HKO on all non-Unware or heavily defensive types that resist it such as Mega Aggron.
Scizor, being Bug and Steel is neutral to Extreme Speed, so even without a belly drum, it will take even more than it would from its STAB Diamond Storm (150 with STAB).
Also Xerneus is commonly used with Pixelate, and Kyurem Black or White is also common in general with Refrigerate. So to say Extreme Speed won't be doing much after a Belly Drum is misleading. And Kyurem-Black or White has to ensure it doesn't switch into Diamond Storm in the first place. Aerodactyl can survive Xerneus Fake-outs easily and then go first the following turnfor the 1HKO with extreme speed, but needs to watch out for Fake-out Refrigerate Fake out at 50% HP after Belly Drum. With 405x4=1620 Attack, I think a neutral 156 base power Extreme Speed will do a lot.

I do agree Bullet Punch on Scizor is less common, but I was just using a priority move that was Super Effective besides Refrigerate Fake-out or Extreme Speed.

As for Yvetyl and Rayquaza, I chose Aero for the speedy Spore to get the free turn to Belly Drum and maintain momentum in going first with Extreme Speed. Obviously it can use regular priority moves like Diamond Storm for its +Def effect and for good coverage (I.e. A rock-type switch in like Regirock or Mega Tyranitar coming in on Extreme Speed). I'm sure the better coverage from thousand arrows and it's ability to hit flying types and levitators can serve Aerodactyl even better to handle Dual type Flying types like Ho-oh, or Levitate Heatran, in addition to the Steel, Fire, Electric, Poison, and Rock types hard.

Also I don't want my Aerilate Pokemon weak to Pixelate Xerneus ' fake out, as they are also already weak to refrigerate fake out

Last edited:
I think you forgot Extreme Speed is 156 base power Flying move (with STAB) which is stronger than a STAB Return. Also with +6 attack, it will do lots of damage, I personally see a 1HKO on all non-Unware or heavily defensive types that resist it such as Mega Aggron.
Scizor, being Bug and Steel is neutral to Extreme Speed, so even without a belly drum, it will take even more than it would from its STAB Diamond Storm (150 with STAB).
Also Xerneus is commonly used with Pixelate, and Kyurem Black or White is also common in general with Refrigerate. So to say Extreme Speed won't be doing much after a Belly Drum is misleading. And Kyurem-Black or White has to ensure it doesn't switch into Diamond Storm in the first place. Aerodactyl can survive Xerneus Fake-outs easily and then go first the following turnfor the 1HKO with extreme speed, but needs to watch out for Fake-out Refrigerate Fake out at 50% HP after Belly Drum. With 405x4=1620 Attack, I think a neutral 156 base power Extreme Speed will do a lot.

I do agree Bullet Punch on Scizor is less common, but I was just using a priority move that was Super Effective besides Refrigerate Fake-out or Extreme Speed.

As for Yvetyl and Rayquaza, I chose Aero for the speedy Spore to get the free turn to Belly Drum and maintain momentum in going first with Extreme Speed. Obviously it can use regular priority moves like Diamond Storm for its +Def effect and for good coverage (I.e. A rock-type switch in like Regirock or Mega Tyranitar coming in on Extreme Speed). I'm sure the better coverage from thousand arrows and it's ability to hit flying types and levitators can serve Aerodactyl even better to handle Dual type Flying types like Ho-oh, or Levitate Heatran, in addition to the Steel, Fire, Electric, Poison, and Rock types hard.

Also I don't want my Aerilate Pokemon weak to Pixelate Xerneus ' fake out, as they are also already weak to refrigerate fake out
My bad, didn't think you were talking about +6 aero. Also yeah, refrigerate Fake-Out completely stops bdrum aero from sweeping. It's up to Seismitoad on whether he wants to put Aerilate or not but imo gets stopped too easily.

The threatlist is for common threats the Pokemon presents, not ones that are threatening but rare. For example, I posted a Sheer Force Xern set in the BH thread not long ago that can be quite dangerous, moreso than listed ones in certain situations, but it's too rare to mention since you're very unlikely to bump into it. The same could be said for other sets like Skill Link Kyu-B, Unaware Sweeping Giratina, Stance Change Aegislash, Serene Grace Ytwo, and a few dozen other sets.

Your Aerodactyl set can be quite nasty, but it's not common. If we included all the rare sets too, some Pokemon would have an entry spanning page after page after page, particularly the Mewtwos and Xern.

Also, asterat, are these entries going to be posted anywhere or at least linked to or do people just have to wade through the thread to get to them?

Well they will be an "official" article on smogon.

However...

I've sort of realized that I'm telling people what to do here. I basically tell you all what I think is viable, and I don't think that's really fair. With the nearly infinite possibilities of balanced hackmons, I think that it is best for me not to do this, because there is no written idea stating I am the one who knows BH best. With this in mind. I'd like to temporarily suspend this project until BH analyses get underway, so that the "official" QC team can decide what's viable and what's not, and we can base this off of that.

EV

Banned deucer.
Well they will be an "official" article on smogon.

However...

I've sort of realized that I'm telling people what to do here. I basically tell you all what I think is viable, and I don't think that's really fair. With the nearly infinite possibilities of balanced hackmons, I think that it is best for me not to do this, because there is no written idea stating I am the one who knows BH best. With this in mind. I'd like to temporarily suspend this project until BH analyses get underway, so that the "official" QC team can decide what's viable and what's not, and we can base this off of that.
Do you want it locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)