Tournament Balanced Hackmons Winter Tour - Winner: highlighter!!

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Banner by yours truly, E4 Flint
As you settle down around the fireplace with your food and enjoy the holiday season (do it even if you're in the Southern Hemisphere), you get this urge to participate in an official BH tour. I'm making this tour just for you. Behold, the inaugural Balanced Hackmons Tour for Sun and Moon!

Specific Rules
  • The entire tournament will be played using the current BH Banlist as well as a total ban on Crystal-Free Z (CFZ) Moves. Though this will not be in the official banlist yet, failure to follow these rules will result in automatic DQ
  • This tournament will be SINGLE ELIMINATION
  • All rounds are Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set, though it is not required
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! main or SmogTours only
  • Replays must be provided
    • If neither player posts the replays, the game will be decided based on coinflip regardless of the actual results
General Tournament Rules
  • Identity/Ghosting: Identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling/ghosting will not be tolerated.
  • Scouting/Counter-teaming: Everyone can watch replays. Knowing your opponents tendencies is a major part of tournament battling, so don't complain if you get counter-teamed—learn what you're weak against and be prepared for it next time.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to the tournament host. If the battle was almost certainly over, the player may take the win. In this scenario, the final decision remains with the tournament host if the two players cannot work it out.

Scheduling/Activity

Scheduling rules will be strictly enforced. Here's the guide on how to schedule. If you don't follow it then don't complain when an activity decision/coinflip goes against you.

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SIGNUPS BEGIN NOW!

To sign up, post in this thread, the official PS (registered) alt(s) you shall be using and say IN

SIGNUPS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DEC 10, 2016 11:59 PM

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure if I will have time to play this lovely tournament created by E4 Flint. I think I might have someone join in my place, but ehhhh, we will see. Also, If I was playing this graciously hosted tournament, I would most likely be playing as OM Room.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)