Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Faced that team a lot on ladder, Chansey is the MVP almost all the time. Yes, that team will completely destroy low ladder. But having half your team be horribly weak to Imposter is not a good thing to have - If Chansey copies a boosted Blaziken, there is nothing you can do besides praying for a 3 turn sleep with Mewtwo Y - And if your Sash is broken, then you're just straight up screwed. You absolutely need a way to beat your own mons - This team proves it.

U might wanna post this on the rate my team section, because this is in fact a very good rmt lol
Not to be a downer, but this is a team dump with a couple lines and low ladder replays. And its perfectly fine to put it here since he hid the actual team dump.

As for the team, as already pointed out by AnybodyAgrees, Imposter is an MVP against this kinda team. Kudos to you for making 37 with a team weak to the biggest threat in BH. You could actually solve this issue pretty easily, simply make Chansey fur coat and give it a Shield move. You probably have to ditch Dark Void though. Giratina should be able to wall Blaziken, and Fur Coat Chansey would wall Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Rayquaza.

And while priority Mega mewtwo y sounds cool in all but well

252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Audino: 97-115 (23.6 - 28%) -- 90.2% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 119-140 (33.9 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tri Attack is horrible coverage. And there is no way around that. There are so many things this MMY set can't even hope to touch. Registeel, Giratina, Chans, Mega Audino, Lugia, Hoopa-U, Regirock, Tyranitar, all easily switch in and the list goes on. Considering Protean sets are generally considered to have no one reliable answer, you are giving up quite a bit for priority Dark Void, Parting Shot, and Tri Attack.

Giratina should probably be defensive. Defensive helps it take on Protean MMx, Primal Groudon, Mega Aerodactyl, Ho-Oh, and a few others. Most of the common special attackers (MMy, Mega Gengar, Mega Ray, Diancie-Mega,) beat you anyway.

Mega Blaziken is generally outclassed by Mega Mewtwo X.
252 Atk Mega Blaziken V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 294-346 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 224-264 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah V-create is stronger by quite a bit actually, but every other hit is stronger and MMx is faster and bulkier. If this was a set primarily dedicated to spamming V-create (say tinted lens or prank copycat), Mega Blaziken is certainly better in those cases but here its generally worse. Oh and you are totally hard walled by Flash Fire Aegislash.

Last edited:
Faced that team a lot on ladder, Chansey is the MVP almost all the time. Yes, that team will completely destroy low ladder. But having half your team be horribly weak to Imposter is not a good thing to have - If Chansey copies a boosted Blaziken, there is nothing you can do besides praying for a 3 turn sleep with Mewtwo Y - And if your Sash is broken, then you're just straight up screwed. You absolutely need a way to beat your own mons - This team proves it.
As long as I avoid attack boosts, Giratina beats blaze 100 percent of the time with leech seed, toxic heal, and heal order. After 2 or three v-creates, Blaze can actually beat Chansey with leech seed. Also, MRay stops it from sweeping at 1%. Yeah, Chansey is horrible for me, but I can usually beat it. Still, I should probably fix that.

Not to be a downer, but this is a team dump with a couple lines and low ladder replays.

As for the team, as already pointed out by AnybodyAgrees, Imposter is an MVP against this kinda team. Kudos to you for making 37 with a team weak to the biggest threat in BH. You could actually solve this issue pretty easily, simply make Chansey fur coat and give it a Shield move. You probably have to ditch Dark Void though. Giratina should be able to wall Blaziken, and Fur Coat Chansey would wall Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Rayquaza.

And while priority Mega mewtwo y sounds cool in all but well

252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Audino: 97-115 (23.6 - 28%) -- 90.2% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 119-140 (33.9 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tri Attack is horrible coverage. And there is no way around that. There are so many things this MMY set can't even hope to touch. Registeel, Giratina, Chans, Mega Audino, Lugia, Hoopa-U, Regirock, Tyranitar, all easily switch in and the list goes on. Considering Protean sets are generally considered to have no 1 reliable answer, you are giving up quite a bit for priority Dark Void, Parting Shot, and Tri Attack.

Giratina should probably be defensive. Defensive helps it take on Protean MMx, Primal Groudon, Mega Aerodactyl, Ho-Oh, and a few others. Most of the common special attackers (MMy, Mega Gengar, Mega Ray, Diancie-Mega,) beat you anyway.

Mega Blaziken is generally outclassed by Mega Mewtwo X.
252 Atk Mega Blaziken V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 294-346 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 224-264 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah V-create is stronger by quite a bit actually, but every other hit is stronger and MMx is faster and bulkier. If this was a set primarily dedicated to spamming V-create (say tinted lens or prank copycat), Mega Blaziken is certainly better in those cases but here its generally worse.
Thank you! This is just what I need. If I'm ditching dark void, there's no need for prankster. I only chose Tri attack because I used to have tail glow here, and didn't switch it out after I found how terrible that was. Uhh, bug buzz with protean will handle TTar and Hoopa-u, plus Kings Sheild, Psystrike, and Leech Seed? Or should I run Ice beam/night daze over 1 of those? I'll miss priority sleep, though.
I will miss the power, but I think the speed and defenses are probably worth is. Plus, it doesn't die to Chansey superpower. I'll give it some tests.
The Giratina was an experiment to see whether it could survive Aerilated Boomburst, and I forgot to change it back. Nice save.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Flint's specific role is going to be replacing me in BH policy decisions, a move that has also been planned for a while but hadn't previously happened due to logistical issues.

I have full confidence in him as a metagame leader and am excited to see where he and the other leaders take Balanced Hackmons throughout the end of generation 6 and beyond.

Question: Does Doom Desire bypass Sturdy? Some Dialga killed my Sturdinja with DD without Mold Breaker, Teravolt, or Turboblaze... He told me it was Adaptability Life Orb.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Question: Does Doom Desire bypass Sturdy? Some Dialga killed my Sturdinja with DD without Mold Breaker, Teravolt, or Turboblaze... He told me it was Adaptability Life Orb.
I had the same thing happen, but only recently - I'm sure there have been situations in the past where I switched shed into an incoming doom and it survived

From bulbapedia's page on doom desire:
"Its damage is not increased by Life Orb and it cannot cause a Pokémon wearing a Focus Sash that has full HP to faint."
and I'd assume that a sash acts similarly to sturdy in this case

I had the same thing happen, but only recently - I'm sure there have been situations in the past where I switched shed into an incoming doom and it survived

From bulbapedia's page on doom desire:
"Its damage is not increased by Life Orb and it cannot cause a Pokémon wearing a Focus Sash that has full HP to faint."
and I'd assume that a sash acts similarly to sturdy in this case
Bulbapedia is generally an unreliable source when it comes to mechanics. Honestly a replay would be very helpful just so we can confirm everything went down as you said. Not we don't trust you, its just nice to make sure you didn't missing something. I've also switched Sturdinja into Doom Desire and
survived so this situation is quite puzzling.

EDIT: i just tested it myself here
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-304897890
lo adapt like you said, and it killed shed
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-304900027
tinted lens with orb, and as expected same thing.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-304901166
Level 100 this time, still kills.

Last edited:
Bulbapedia is generally an unreliable source when it comes to mechanics. Honestly a replay would be very helpful just so we can confirm everything went down as you said. Not we don't trust you, its just nice to make sure you didn't missing something. I've also switched Sturdinja into Doom Desire and
survived so this situation is quite puzzling.

EDIT: i just tested it myself here
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-304897890
lo adapt like you said, and it killed shed
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-304900027
tinted lens with orb, and as expected same thing.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-304901166
Level 100 this time, still kills.
That's very interesting... I actually use it to my advantage since I now have Dialga on my BH team (some guy had a team of level 1s with Endeavor) :p

Can you try it with a different pokemon (I have no one to test with) with Sturdy?

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Strange, I've used dialga a little bit myself and that never happened, which is why I went with a mold breaker partner. This must've been part of the most recent update to PS. It makes dialga even more potent.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
ive done this before everyone :^) no but yeah, iirc this is how it was gen 3, then gen 4 it actually did damage damage...so i guess gamefreak decided gen 3's damage variant was better. lmao. not complaining, now i can use doom desire protean mm2y ayy

doesnt change much, but at least SOMETHING handles doom desire/future sight now that isnt pursuit weak.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Doom Desire/Future Sight are currently being treated like indirect damage (as was mentioned above), but this is completely unintentional and will be fixed later today (probably). They aren't supposed to deal indirect damage in any generation.

In battle I switched in my Magic Guard Ho-Oh and took a Doom Desire from a +3 Dialga, it showed the "it's not very effective" message and then Ho-Oh took no damage.

Maybe PS! takes Doom Desire as indirect damage?

In fact, tested it out myself and the exact same thing happened:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-305085215

EDIT: Ninja'd
This happened to me except backwards.. I used Doom Desire but he switched in Ho-Oh and took no damage..

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This happened to me except backwards.. I used Doom Desire but he switched in Ho-Oh and took no damage..
Due to the Indirect nature of Doom Desire/Future Sight Right now, Magic Guard pokemon are completely immune to the effects of them, and Ho-oh has a notable Magic Guard set which is probably what you're opponent was using and what happened.

So Basically: Sturdinja Dies; Magic Guard Takes No Damage.

The Glitch is hopefully going to be fixed soon, idk, I'm not the coders.
Hopefully you didn't know this already.

Due to the Indirect nature of Doom Desire/Future Sight Right now, Magic Guard pokemon are completely immune to the effects of them, and Ho-oh has a notable Magic Guard set which is probably what you're opponent was using and what happened.

So Basically: Sturdinja Dies; Magic Guard Takes No Damage.

The Glitch is hopefully going to be fixed soon, idk, I'm not the coders.
Hopefully you didn't know this already.
thought this was fixed already???

EDIT: nvm i think the dude that killed my magic guard ho oh was mold breaker

Last edited:
hi anyone know a good Unaware pokemon and its set?

also help me with my magic guard Ho-Oh set pls..

Firecracker (Ho-Oh) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- King's Shield
- Diamond Storm
- Wood Hammer

i feel i want to keep king's shield and v-create.. i dont know if i should keep the others and toxic orb

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
For unaware giratina and audino work well. For the ho-oh I don't like the orb too much since it is basically the same as safety goggles and I'd rather run life orb if the set doesn't have roost anyway. But the coverage seems fine.I would consider flare blitz over vcreate though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)