Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
IMO, chansey is almost always best. Sacrificing a few hp points is worth the surprise factor, I think. The only real difference is when you switch it in on something that can't be impostered.

Hey guys, what do you think would be the most effective way to counter poison heal Gyarados sets? I tried Mega Venusaur but then they started carrying sacred fire.

(I know mike ranger, I know)

Last edited:
Hey guys, what do you think would be the most effective way to counter poison heal Gyarados sets? I tried Mega Venusaur but then they started carrying sacred fire.

Well PH mega gyara seems like it would work ;), other than that, I can't think of many ways to help you, maybe volcanion? That koff though

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Xerneas naturally outspeeds Mega Gyarados and smacks it with its STAB, and worst case scenario it can take a +2 Crabhammer. Fighting and Fairy Arceus would probably work as well, although typed Arceus are harder to run in BH in general.

potentially xerneas as a check as it cant take a crabhammer that well but can sponge a koff and if the dos sets up then your kinda screwed (the +1 is for shift gear and remember xerneas has to switch in) +1 252+ Atk Mega Gyarados Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 250-295 (54.8 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Edit: Damn you Arctic

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
Yeah, Xern is a good stop to PH Gyara. As well, Mewtwo X is a solid check to +1 Gyara, but it takes a ton from Gyarados's attacks.

I generally run Poison Heal Gyarados with a different set:

i stole this ;_; (Gyarados-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dark Void
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire

Although I don't have any water stabs which could be a problem. Dark Void is useful to stop prankster destiny bond.

I stole borrowed this set from Nike of Samothrace and love it. Thanks so much.

In addition to this, how do you think my team could be improved? So far its been hovering between 1450 and 1350.
Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Calm Nature
- Switcheroo
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Milk Drink

Kyurem-Black @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Sacred Fire

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Hasty Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Magma Storm
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Gastro Acid
- Aromatherapy

Giratina
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Milk Drink
- Topsy-Turvy
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Naive Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Infestation
- Baton Pass

p3culiar

There are a few problems I can see with this team, but most of them are nitpicks.

I'll start with the major one: What do you do when someone imposters your sweepers (i.e. Kyurem Black or Mewtwo Mega Y)? I can see either of them destroying your team because practically everything is weak to ice. Also, I doubt Giratina could take a Blizzard from a Mewtwo Mega Y.

Back when I was trying out a no guard mmy, I removed Blizzard and walled it with a flash fire golurk (immune to magma storm/inferno, zap cannon, and dynamicpunch). But, then I had a problem killing Giratina. (Also, Golurk has bad everything.)

Now, for nitpicks:

Why does Kyurem Black have Sacred Fire for coverage? Yes, it hits Shedinja, but your mon is walled by any fire types (or the ever-so-common FF Aegislash). I'd recommend Bolt Strike, and then a Shedinja counter instead of Knock Off.

Why give Shedinja max defenses? It makes it harder to kill imposters. Also, Infestation is contact, so if someone switches in a rocky helmet to infestation, Shed dies. I'd recommend Whirlpool or similar.

Besides that, it looks good!

(Take what I say with a grain of salt because I've never actually beaten you, and I'm really not that terrific at BH.)

Countering them requires scouting, Pranksters, Xerneas, Mega Venusaur and other Pokemon do well against it depending on the set.

EDIT:

Your team should look like this in my opinion:

Kyogre @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Heal Order
- Destiny Bond

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Entrainment
- Aromatherapy
- Parting Shot
- Milk Drink

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 127
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- Final Gambit
- Parting Shot

Darmanitan-Zen @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Quiet Nature
IVs: 8 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Tail

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

Carbink @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Heal Order
- Topsy Turvy / Parting Shot
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

This fixes most of your problems, Mega Venusaur beats many Mega Gyarados sets, Kyogre beats others too, Darmanitan-Z beats various Boomburst Pokemon and Kyurem-B lacking coverage to kill it. Kyogre + Darmanitan-Zen form an ant-Kyurem-B core, you'll be able to stop the majority of Kyurem-B sets by safely scouting and utilising these Pokemon. Carbink seems to fit your team really well, it also gets rid of your Regigigas problem and can act as a pivot against many threats. I made changes to Yveltal, Aromatherapy is really risky on a Poison Heal Pokemon, Gastro Acid wasn't a bad idea to be honest but I feel that it needs instant recovery and another way of dealing with Gengar. Imposter is needed to scout threats and defeat foes such as Contrary Pokemon, it's important to perform safe switches with Baton Pass and/or Parting Shot to scout frequently. Darmanitan-Zen and Mega Venusaur form an anti-Xerneas core, most Xerneas sets will not defeat you if you fully utilise this core. Kyogre stays in the lead spot, if you're up against a Shedinja, taunt it, this is a fail-safe way of dealing with Illusion Belly Drum Pokemon, even if it actually is a Shedinja and uses Endeavor, it will simply die to Kyogre's Rocky Helmet. Kyogre deals with numerous threats that you cannot deal with normally, you have to time your Destiny Bonds and use Taunt on the right time, Taunt is usually a must if you're up against a Poison Heal Pokemon that either carries sleep or is wasn't scouted yet. Taunt is also excellent against Mold Breaker Deoxys-S leads, just click Taunt and they're useless.

Hope I helped!

Last edited:
p3culiar

I'll start with the major one: What do you do when someone imposters your sweepers (i.e. Kyurem Black or Mewtwo Mega Y)? I can see either of them destroying your team because practically everything is weak to ice. Also, I doubt Giratina could take a Blizzard from a Mewtwo Mega Y.

Back when I was trying out a no guard mmy, I removed Blizzard and walled it with a flash fire golurk (immune to magma storm/inferno, zap cannon, and dynamicpunch). But, then I had a problem killing Giratina. (Also, Golurk has bad everything.)

Now, for nitpicks:

Why does Kyurem Black have Sacred Fire for coverage? Yes, it hits Shedinja, but your mon is walled by any fire types (or the ever-so-common FF Aegislash). I'd recommend Bolt Strike, and then a Shedinja counter instead of Knock Off.

Why give Shedinja max defenses? It makes it harder to kill imposters. Also, Infestation is contact, so if someone switches in a rocky helmet to infestation, Shed dies. I'd recommend Whirlpool or similar.

Besides that, it looks good!
First off, thanks for replying so soon. Your first point is a good one. Whenever one of the two get's imposter'd, something dies. 90% of the time it's 1-2 of my pokemon. mm2y has the lum berry for that reason, but my team really does freeze up when you throw an ice-type move in the mix.

My team-building skills are horrible. I don't really change any other part of my team when updating other than the pokemon being switched out. I think now I'll start actually paying attention to what I'm doing o.O

I'll probably do the kyu-b coverage thing, but I'm debating over if the acc. drop is worth it for shed. Recently I have been having the worst luck.

Well, once again, thanks for answering!

Countering them requires scouting, Pranksters, Xerneas, Mega Venusaur and other Pokemon do well against it depending on the set.

EDIT:

Your team should look like this in my opinion:

[team here]

This fixes most of your problems, Mega Venusaur beats many Mega Gyarados sets, Kyogre beats others too, Darmanitan-Z beats various Boomburst Pokemon and Kyurem-B lacking coverage to kill it. Kyogre + Darmanitan-Zen form an ant-Kyurem-B core, you'll be able to stop the majority of Kyurem-B sets by safely scouting and utilising these Pokemon. Carbink seems to fit your team really well, it also gets rid of your Regigigas problem and can act as a pivot against many threats. I made changes to Yveltal, Aromatherapy is really risky on a Poison Heal Pokemon, Gastro Acid wasn't a bad idea to be honest but I feel that it needs instant recovery and another way of dealing with Gengar. Imposter is needed to scout threats and defeat foes such as Contrary Pokemon, it's important to perform safe switches with Baton Pass and/or Parting Shot to scout frequently. Darmanitan-Zen and Mega Venusaur form an anti-Xerneas core, most Xerneas sets will not defeat you if you fully utilise this core. Kyogre stays in the lead spot, if you're up against a Shedinja, taunt it, this is a fail-safe way of dealing with Illusion Belly Drum Pokemon, even if it actually is a Shedinja and uses Endeavor, it will simply die to Kyogre's Rocky Helmet. Kyogre deals with numerous threats that you cannot deal with normally, you have to time your Destiny Bonds and use Taunt on the right time, Taunt is usually a must if you're up against a Poison Heal Pokemon that either carries sleep or is wasn't scouted yet. Taunt is also excellent against Mold Breaker Deoxys-S leads, just click Taunt and they're useless.[/hide]
Okay this seems like a pretty good team, except a) I wouldn't know any better, and b) I don't like defensive too much. But it looks pretty fun to play.

Of course, these are your ideas, so I have to ask: Can I use it? Okay now I just feel guilty.

Like said before, thank you for replying so soon.

Okay this seems like a pretty good team, except a) I wouldn't know any better, and b) I don't like defensive too much. But it looks pretty fun to play.

Of course, these are your ideas, so I have to ask: Can I use it? Okay now I just feel guilty.

Like said before, thank you for replying so soon.
I only wanted to improve your team, so yes, you can use it! :D

Also, I apologise for the teams defensive nature, I tend to make all my teams defensive :/ just give it a try, hope it work well.

I only wanted to improve your team, so yes, you can use it! :D

Also, I apologise for the teams defensive nature, I tend to make all my teams defensive :/ just give it a try, hope it work well.
No, Adrian. You have your own playstyle. You tend to make some of your teams Defensive, and some of your teams Adrian.

Here's the BH Playstyle Chart:

HO
Offensive
Balance (leaning Offensive)
Balance
Balance (leaning Stall)
Stall
Full Stall
Adrian

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Has anyone actually managed to do well with a proper HO team? I've tried and it doesn't work...

HO being 6 mons all being wall breakers, usually at least 2 set up sweepers and all 6 mons hitting either physical or special

also why are there 3 balance's's's's's's? either its balanced or not lol

I know this is all a joke but fuck man my OCD :(

IMO its:

Offense
Balance
Stall
Adrian
mother fucking great sage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)