Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Countering them requires scouting, Pranksters, Xerneas, Mega Venusaur and other Pokemon do well against it depending on the set.

EDIT:

Your team should look like this in my opinion:

Kyogre @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Heal Order
- Destiny Bond

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Entrainment
- Aromatherapy
- Parting Shot
- Milk Drink

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 127
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- Final Gambit
- Parting Shot

Darmanitan-Zen @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Quiet Nature
IVs: 8 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Tail

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

Carbink @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Heal Order
- Topsy Turvy / Parting Shot
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

This fixes most of your problems, Mega Venusaur beats many Mega Gyarados sets, Kyogre beats others too, Darmanitan-Z beats various Boomburst Pokemon and Kyurem-B lacking coverage to kill it. Kyogre + Darmanitan-Zen form an ant-Kyurem-B core, you'll be able to stop the majority of Kyurem-B sets by safely scouting and utilising these Pokemon. Carbink seems to fit your team really well, it also gets rid of your Regigigas problem and can act as a pivot against many threats. I made changes to Yveltal, Aromatherapy is really risky on a Poison Heal Pokemon, Gastro Acid wasn't a bad idea to be honest but I feel that it needs instant recovery and another way of dealing with Gengar. Imposter is needed to scout threats and defeat foes such as Contrary Pokemon, it's important to perform safe switches with Baton Pass and/or Parting Shot to scout frequently. Darmanitan-Zen and Mega Venusaur form an anti-Xerneas core, most Xerneas sets will not defeat you if you fully utilise this core. Kyogre stays in the lead spot, if you're up against a Shedinja, taunt it, this is a fail-safe way of dealing with Illusion Belly Drum Pokemon, even if it actually is a Shedinja and uses Endeavor, it will simply die to Kyogre's Rocky Helmet. Kyogre deals with numerous threats that you cannot deal with normally, you have to time your Destiny Bonds and use Taunt on the right time, Taunt is usually a must if you're up against a Poison Heal Pokemon that either carries sleep or is wasn't scouted yet. Taunt is also excellent against Mold Breaker Deoxys-S leads, just click Taunt and they're useless.

Hope I helped!
Just wondering, why don't you give 0 Atk EVs to Venusaur and Carbink? Foul Play does less then IIRC

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Mega-Aggron @ Aggronite
- Entrainment
- Baton Pass/Parting Shot
- Softboiled (or another healing move)
- Gear Grind

something like this maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega-Aggron @ Aggronite
- Entrainment
- Baton Pass/Parting Shot
- Softboiled (or another healing move)
- Gear Grind

something like this maybe?
I would run Aromatherapy on the past slot tbh, it's too hard to fit it on someone else, also, U-Turn is an amazing option instead of Baton Pass/Parting Shot.

Fabio (Ampharos-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Timid/modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Quiver Dance
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball/Spacial rend

As crazy as it sounds this set has actually worked well for me shadow ball gives you unresisted coverage with secret sword(not to mention it hits tina) and makes you not as weak to imposter, however while making you weaker to imposter spacial rend is stab but makes you weaker to magic bouncers eg aegislash and registeel, but yeah it has brought me much sucess in my matches while it is slow it can outspeed nearly the entire tier at +2 and has the bulk to set up those quiver dances. Rumors has also used it in tr with an annoying wide lens set.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Fabio (Ampharos-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Timid/modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Quiver Dance
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball/Spacial rend

As crazy as it sounds this set has actually worked well for me shadow ball gives you unresisted coverage with secret sword(not to mention it hits tina) and makes you not as weak to imposter, however while making you weaker to imposter spacial rend is stab but makes you weaker to magic bouncers eg aegislash and registeel, but yeah it has brought me much sucess in my matches while it is slow it can outspeed nearly the entire tier at +2 and has the bulk to set up those quiver dances. Rumors has also used it in tr with an annoying wide lens set.
Very weak to imposter, especially with secret sword. (Ignores your SDef boosts) :/

Why not Zekrom? :3

Rumors has also used it in tr with an annoying wide lens set.
I think the one Rumors used was Refrigerate Boomburst or something (o.o), but yeah, I'm a fan of the Pokemon itself. The set I use for Ampharos-Mega (stolen from my friend) is based around switching in to an attack, hitting the switch with Specs Volt Switch (it can also Trick those), and restoring your health with Regenerator.

So after using Mega-Pinsir in 1v1 way too much, and being told that ExtremeSpeed was better than Return/Frustration on -ate users, I decided to make this really bizarre set, which may or may not be terrible (haven't gotten the chance to use it too much yet)...

Ho-Oh @ Sky Plate/Life Orb/Safety Goggles (if you use Spore)
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear / Coil
- Milk Drink / Spore / Earthquake / Thousand Waves (not Arrows) / Low Kick

If people run maximum or at least middle happiness on Imposters, this thing has a really powerful, Imposter-proof set of spammable attacks.

• Frustration is the Aerilate-boosted STAB that hopefully gives you an advantage against Imposter;

• Sacred Fire is the obvious Shedinja counter and physical attacker crippler;

• Setup moves are always nice; this thing isn't quite powerful enough to do very much damage unboosted against the numerous physical walls in BH.

• I used Milk Drink in the last slot because Stealth Rock is everywhere; if you want, you could replace it with one of the listed Ground-type moves (which provide extremely good coverage with Fire + Flying), as long as you don't use Thousand Arrows, which makes this poor bird die to Chansey. Low Kick works if, like E4 Flint, you wall all your sweepers with FF Aegislash. Finally, Spore is an option if you want more time to set up against things; just make sure you use Safety Goggles so Chansey can't take advantage of you.

Anyway, this is still very much a work in progress...thoughts? General ideas about the -ate abilities?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
There's always DP's Sub + Belly Drum + Speed Boost + Pinsirite + Flail = ultimate gimmick sweeper

I've tried Endure + Flail cube, and that ended hilariously bad.

Do the thing, Zhu Li!

Deoxys-Speed @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

Aggron-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
- Gastro Acid
- Spore

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- King's Shield
- Aromatherapy
- Skill Swap
- Fake Out

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Lonely Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Flare Blitz
- Volt Tackle
- Earthquake

Scizor-Mega @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire
- Gear Grind
- Drain Punch

Also how would you class this team? (HO, balanced, Adrian, what have you)

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I used to run toxic on gar but I found infestation is better. Imposters still can't do anything vs you while you can trap them

Why not Zekrom? :3
Slow reply is slow, but I'll just say Ampharos has a much higher Sp. A than Zekrom (6th highest in the game in fact, if memory serves right), which gives it options Zek doesn't have. Or can't use as effectively at any rate. It could probably also run a Regen set, like Regenvest or Regenspecs, since it has enough power to hurt stuff without boosts.

Would Gale Wings Honchkrow make a big splash in BH (I'm just a regular OU player and would like to know)?
Yveltal says no.

Would Gale Wings Honchkrow make a big splash in BH (I'm just a regular OU player and would like to know)?
Since there are no Uber bans in BH, most of the mons that are seen are Uber or Mega (without their stone). There are some exceptions, such as Chansey/Blissey and Shedinja, in addition to others that might have a certain use like Ferrothorn.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Since there are no Uber bans in BH, most of the mons that are seen are Uber or Mega (without their stone). There are some exceptions, such as Chansey/Blissey and Shedinja, in addition to others that might have a certain use like Ferrothorn.
Chandelure says hi :3

Now that I'm at home, lemme elaborate on Honch vs Yveltal.

Honch's stats: 100/125/52/105/52/71
Yveltal: 126/131/95/131/98/99

In this instance, it's a case of being completely outclassed. (I seriously thought Honch had a stat or two higher than Yveltal). But even if Honch wasn't outclassed, its bulk is too low for its typing. Fairy and Ice priority via Refrigerate and Pixelate are fairly common from powerful attackers and Honch simply does not have the defenses to survive those hits. Yveltal doesn't want to take them either, but it has the bulk to do so if it needs to. Also, many sweepers are at least base 90 speed too (most of the tier, in fact, sits between 90-100), so with those defenses Honch isn't surviving them either.

If you're looking at non-uber non-mega Pokemon, what you want to find are either unique typings or ones with specific roles over others with similar typings. For the former in Eevee's list, we have Heatran, Skarm, and Aeglisash. For the latter, there's Registeel and Cress from that list. There's also a few Pokemon that have very specific niches that they perform very well but are outclassed outside of it (say, Regenvest Sylveon vs Regenvest Xerneas or Gyroball Escalvalier vs Gyroball Mega Scizor).

Of course, there's also the Pokemon that are held back by bad movepools or bad abilities (Kyu-B and Gigas, respectively), though most of these have already been discovered. And some of them are still outclassed (Archeops vs Mega Aerodactyl, for example).

Slow reply is slow, but I'll just say Ampharos has a much higher Sp. A than Zekrom (6th highest in the game in fact, if memory serves right), which gives it options Zek doesn't have. Or can't use as effectively at any rate. It could probably also run a Regen set, like Regenvest or Regenspecs, since it has enough power to hurt stuff without boosts.
Yeah, Regenspecs is what I've been testing lately, stolen from this largely ignored post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3489849/page-29#post-5282352

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tervari-bhxy-178

This is what Balanced Hackmons is all about people. Great plays, plenty of game-changing hax, 100+ turns, and god dammit not giving up until the end. I thought it was over like 4 times, but no, they kept on going. Take note all you contrary users. This is how you do it.

ps. Stumbled across this while looking at old replays because the server is down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)