Ladder Balanced Hackmons

BH Wakecross op!!! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-120108103

The plan is to have prankster heracross (or some other slow attacker like conkel) spore/darkvoid the foe (go first b/c prankster), then abuse a 140 power wakeup slap.

Because heracross is so slow, the opponent moves first (and fails because of sleep) then you wake them up and restart.
that sounds incredibly gimmicky, mega heracross doesn't really have a niche in the meta with the mewtwos and yveltal running around.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
So people have been saying "Oh, that set is too weak to prankster, it couldn't possibly work!" and "Dude that set is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of!" but hear me out!

I am proposing a hostile Magic Coat Mega Gengar take over:

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Magic Coat
- Judgment
- Moonblast / Aura Sphere
This set now takes those annoying Prankster users, Dark Void sweepers, and those stupid Phase-Nerdz. Electirfy is here because it works on this set for the reasons I just stated. Judgement is Anti-Imposter, and Moonblast / Aura Sphere provide PERFECT coverage (except for Pyroar for Moonblast).

This set can pretty much take on the entire metagame by pressuring the living crud out of the metagame. Unfortunately though the only ways to beat Mega Mewtwo and Kyu-B is prediction. This is why I nominate one of Adrian Marin's Pokemon DARMANITAN-Z as the #1 partner to the Mega Gengar.

#MAGICIFYGENGAR2014

a way to beat shed helps too and aurasphere is completely imposter proof

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electrify
- Magic Coat
- Judgment
- Moonblast

Darmanitan-Zen @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Nuzzle
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare
- Psystrike

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Roost
- Imprison

Last edited:
So people have been saying "Oh, that set is too weak to prankster, it couldn't possibly work!" and "Dude that set is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of!" but hear me out!

I am proposing a hostile Magic Coat Mega Gengar take over:

Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Magic Coat
- Judgment
- Moonblast / Aura Sphere
This set now takes those annoying Prankster users, Dark Void sweepers, and those stupid Phase-Nerdz. Electirfy is here because it works on this set for the reasons I just stated. Judgement is Anti-Imposter, and Moonblast / Aura Sphere provide PERFECT coverage (except for Pyroar for Moonblast).

This set can pretty much take on the entire metagame by pressuring the living crud out of the metagame. Unfortunately though the only ways to beat Mega Mewtwo and Kyu-B is prediction. This is why I nominate one of Adrian Marin's Pokemon DARMANITAN-Z as the #1 partner to the Mega Gengar.

#MAGICIFYGENGAR2014

a way to beat shed helps too and aurasphere is completely imposter proof

Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Magic Coat
- Judgment
- Moonblast

Darmanitan-Zen @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Nuzzle
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare
- Psystrike

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Roost
- Imprison
From what I can see, the whole thing has one particularly glaring weakness; Ice Cubes with EQ/Thousand Arrows. Possibly boosting ones as well.

I tell ya hwat I'm lovin me this set:

Ampharos-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fur Coat
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast/Aura Sphyere
- Volt Switch

The bulk on this thing is obscene. I'm not too creative with the moveset though, fairly new to this.

Focus blast is a really bad special fighting type move in my opinion. It has bad accuracy and is outclassed by Secret Sword (allowing it to plow through special walls) or Aura Sphere (which works well against evasion spamming).

Also, from what I've experienced, Assault Vest users tend to pair well with Regenerator and not too many other abilities because of the lack of recovery.

Well, there's Oblivion Wing and Wish support. But yeah, Regen is usually the best to be paired with AV. Though I can definitely see Regencoat being a PITA to take down due to the bulk it'd offer, specially on something with as high of Sp. A has Amphy.

It seems good on paper but you still lose to kube
252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Refrigerate Kyurem-B Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 105-124 (27.3 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 210-247 (54.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ranger Mike post: 5460718 said:
It seems good on paper but you still lose to kube
252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Refrigerate Kyurem-B Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 105-124 (27.3 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 210-247 (54.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
64.3 + 32.2 = 96.5 so no, Amph wins.

And I could go regen but I have a cleric. I'm really diggin the fur coat man.

But secret sword is a pretty great suggestion

Yes... I literally just did the math
The original calc was with NeverMeltIce/Icicle Plate.

With Life Orb, there's a chance of Kyu-B winning out:

252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 114-136 (29.6 - 35.4%) -- 23.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 227-269 (59.1 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With a +Def nature, we get the same result as if Kyu-B was using the previous item.

252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 105-125 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 208-246 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The original calc was with NeverMeltIce/Icicle Plate.

With Life Orb, there's a chance of Kyu-B winning out:

252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 114-136 (29.6 - 35.4%) -- 23.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 227-269 (59.1 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With a +Def nature, we get the same result as if Kyu-B was using the previous item.

252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 105-125 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Ampharos: 208-246 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Much better.

So, basically, just don't be an idiot and leave Amph in. This is an awfully specific example, too. Just switch in to like Mega Scizor or something.

With all the talk of Assault Vest Fur Coats, I came up with a little something.
Thoughts?

Shuckle @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm/Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Seismic Toss
- Night Shade
- Super Fang
- U-turn

Thoughts?

Shuckle @ Assault Vest
Calm/Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Night Shade
- Super Fang
- U-turn
It's unique, certainly. Got any replays of it working?

It's unique, certainly. Got any replays of it working?
Not currently. The BH random ladder is surprisingly barren today.
EDIT: TOTAL LIE.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-121136429
in which i fail horribly at stall
why did i ever think this was a good idea
was that even stall? i don't know.

See also: Prankster Taunt actually being good for once, the problems with Imposter Blissey, and a bunch of other junk. AVCoat Shuck shows up around Turn 12, BTW.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Okay I was thinking about the Fur Coat/AV post earlier and wanted to see what people thought about the Y-bird.
It has STAB Knock Off, Foul Play, Punishment, and Oblivion Wing. Throw on some stuff like Nuzzle, VoltTurn, and Sacred Fire and you got a nice supportmon that takes advantage of incredible bulk granted with the ability and item.
I figured since AV attackers don't hit very hard because they can't boost up, it's better to think in terms of utility plus having STAB on recovery is a must. While SR weakness sux and it's still weak to Fairy, it isn't weak to Dragon like Ampharos and has some Speed (helps a little.)

Okay I was thinking about the Fur Coat/AV post earlier and wanted to see what people thought about the Y-bird.
It has STAB Knock Off, Foul Play, Punishment, and Oblivion Wing. Throw on some stuff like Nuzzle, VoltTurn, and Sacred Fire and you got a nice supportmon that takes advantage of incredible bulk granted with the ability and item.
I figured since AV attackers don't hit very hard because they can't boost up, it's better to think in terms of utility plus having STAB on recovery is a must. While SR weakness sux and it's still weak to Fairy, it isn't weak to Dragon like Ampharos and has some Speed (helps a little.)
If you really want to, sure, that'd probably work. STAB Oblivion wing would probs make this a great set, actually

Thoughts?

Shuckle @ Assault Vest
Calm/Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Night Shade
- Super Fang
- U-turn
This can't do anything to shed, right? And, y'know, any hard-hitter with mold breaker. But it is pretty interesting, and it definitely could put some holes in a team that isn't prepared. What happens when somebody throws in a scarfed chansey though?

So i made some cool sets sorry if its already been made.

Set name: Diversity
Xerneas @ Power Herb/Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: Do i have to?
Adamant/Modest Nature
- Recycle/Flare Blitz/Fire Blast
- Recover/Gunk Shot/Sludge Wave
- Geomancy
- Return/Moonblast

So this set is good because its diverse and useful. You have recycle for infinite Power Herbs then geomancy because well... you know why. Its physical set uses return with pixilate to get stab base 102 power. If you go special (i don't know a good ability to put in place of pixilate yet but I'm sure there is a good one) moonblast because if i recall its the best special fairy attack that I know of. Recover is interesting... it gives xerneas more time to set more geomancys up. however if you only plan on having one geomancy then you can use gunk shot if you are using physical set and sludge wave for special. This gets around the problem of other xerneas (xerneai? xerneases? IDK what to use) trying to wall you. Recycle can be replaced if you only want one geomancy flare blitz for physical (recommended when used in conjunction with recover to not have to worry about recoil.) and fire blast for special. Both of which counter aeigslash. Although flash fire aeigslash does flaw this set.

SET NAME: Mega-Gengar Counter and other A rank counters.
Xerneas Life Orb/Power herb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: Do i have to?
Modest Nature
- Recycle/Fire Blast/Thunderbolt
- Recover/Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball/Geomancy
- Moonblast

I feel this set may be more successful than the one above. This set counter many of the A-Rank threats as seen in the BH viability thread. Shadow ball is good for aeigslash and mega-gengar. If you carry it fire blast is unnecessary for aeigslash so thunderbolt can be used for Kyogre.

These are some of my first sets so im sorry if they really aren't to good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)