Ladder Balanced Hackmons

I think MM2Y has a bit of an edge because it has a higher special attack to abuse stored power with, although MM2X has good stats to use moves like superpower to their full extent and can counter dark types.

Welcome to the forums BTW!
Yeah I guess so but Mega Mewtwo Y has base 70 Defense and I'm not trying to start a argument I'm just saying

What is the thing with the alerts thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I guess so but Mega Mewtwo Y has base 70 Defense and I'm not trying to start a argument I'm just saying
Yeah, they both have their ups and downs, but both of them are pretty good overall.

The alerts basically let you know when somebody else has posted on a thread you have, liked you post, ect. They can be changed in the alert settings in your profile.

This is a forum, not a chat room. Be patient as it can be hours before anyone replies to you. Or, in slower discussions, days.

Edit: Ninajed

Back seat moderating aside...

Try out Mega Mewtwo X with contrary and V-create and Close Combat and Superpower, just saying.
Close Combat is rather unnecessary on a Contrary. Superpower gives you attack boosts and defense boosts. V-Create also boosts your defenses and speed. Hence, replacing CC with more coverage or utility will generally work muuuch better.

You may be right Pikachuun. Anyways, I've found something that I've been using for a while in BH, not sure if its good or not, but it has worked well enough for me:
Heracross-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Heal Order

If you're wondering why I used a mega heracross, its because it was the only thing I could find that actually resisted thousand arrows, which I have a somewhat irrational fear of.

This is a forum, not a chat room. Be patient as it can be hours before anyone replies to you. Or, in slower discussions, days.

Edit: Ninajed

Back seat moderating aside...

Close Combat is rather unnecessary on a Contrary. Superpower gives you attack boosts and defense boosts. V-Create also boosts your defenses and speed. Hence, replacing CC with more coverage or utility will generally work muuuch better.
What if said Pokemon just so happens to have low SpD, like Mega Aggron? :/

DanielJ50 hello! I'm an OM Mentor here and can you help you with BH / OMs in general. It's generally unwise to repeatedly post in a row, you also do not have to agree with every post haha; that's what the like button is for. Anyways, as others have stated, this is a forum and responses aren't always so quick. If you've any other questions, feel free to PM me on Showdown! or on here!

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
DanielJ50 hello! I'm an OM Mentor here and can you help you with BH / OMs in general. It's generally unwise to repeatedly post in a row, you also do not have to agree with every post haha; that's what the like button is for. Anyways, as others have stated, this is a forum and responses aren't always so quick. If you've any other questions, feel free to PM me on Showdown! or on here!
i agree with you unfixable

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So mega steelix is gonna take mega aggron's jobs yes or no?

Ee took er jobs!
Comes down to preference tbh. Mega Steelix is slightly bulkier (so slightly it doesn't even matter) and has an extra immunity, while Mega Aggron has two more resistances.

Comes down to preference tbh. Mega Steelix is slightly bulkier (so slightly it doesn't even matter) and has an extra immunity, while Mega Aggron has two more resistances.
Yeah, the lack of ice resistance for Mega Steelix is a killer. Nonetheless, it'll be pretty good, I imagine.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Looking at its stats its mostly outclassed. On a wall centered around massive defensive stats, weaknesses are killer because they dissasemble the high values of those stats. Msteelix has a problem: cant switch in on ice attacks like aggron, weak to common water type (for wallbreakers), and only gains a resistance against against rock (already was a resistance) and immunity to the somewhat uncommon electric type. Long story short: it has marginal resistances, but more weaknesses and slightly less attack and speed make it outclassed in my mind. And the attack and speed will matter btw.

Remember one of maggrons best sets? SOUNDPROOF? Tanks refrig espeeds and is immune to boomburst? Well when its taking neutral damage, its not nearly as effective.

So, I can see primal Groudon being a massive threat that ironically mostly enjoys running it's actual ability due to the water immunity. With an amazing stat spread of 100/180/160/150/90/90, and nice offensive typing, it's easily capable of abusing Desolate Sun V-Create / Thousand Arrows to do massive damage to teams. It also enjoys resisting pixilate and being neutral to refrigerate.

Holy shit base 150 attack 145 speed Beedrill, I guess NU isn't getting a mega after all...

Altaria sounds interesting though - 75/110/105 bulk isn't that great, but in my opinion the typing (especially is fridge ends up leaving) might be worth the difference in bulk from Xerneas to carve its own niche. Having Dragon resistances with a Dragon immunity means that Altaria will have very specific resistances that could put in on teams looking for them.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
mega beedrill <3 so beautiful imma be using its shiny every way i can. in other news, diance becomes the "scary xern replacement" with 160 offenses with 110 speed. also, hoopa...actually got a somewhat decent(ly bad-but-better-then-psychic/ghost) typing. the primals are just going to destroy the teir. and dragon acent is a huge letdown. however. 100 base power DARK SPECIAL STAB HYPE.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
>Mega hoopa's design
wat

Unfortunately primal/mega rayquaza doesn't reach the dream 190/190/115, but it's something I can settle for lel
adapt yvel with hyperspace fury, dragon ascent.

Like I said when i was discussing with lelcass I thought mega slowbro's stat spread was pretty interesting since I've not seen a mon with that kind of defense and spA with healing before, could be good in standards, especially since it's crit proof and can stand up to knock off.

Ogre looks like it's gonna be a real pain. the rest I think the verdict will still be out. The reddit link actually goes into some new moves that some mons get which sound sort of cool

E: Also massive kek for mega hoopa having magician still

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
tbh, mega slowbro (pardon the off topicness verbatim) will be a better calm mind sweeper then regenbro, since immunity to crits is always nice, along with knock off absorbtion. reliable healing, and calm mind.

you can keep it unmegaed, and keep spamming scalds and switching and stuff, and once your ready to sweep, just mega it up, and wreck house.

I guess they lied about Dragon Ascent being the strongest Flying Type move, although I'm glad mRayquaza gets a good speed stat. Was also a little disappointed with the lack of Special Defense/Defense stat increases for pGroudon/pKyogre respectively, although mixed sets seem interesting. Also I have to say that the shiny pKyogre, pGroudon and mRayquaza look amazing.

I'm thinking Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill will be good Mewtwo and Gengar killers. 145 speed is incredibly good. Maybe Mega Sceptile could run Protean with King's Shield? (It would be an extremely good Contrary user in last month's OM Mashup.) As for Beedrill, the offensive typing is pretty bad, but at least it resists fairy. It'll be a fun, unpredictable Pokemon to throw in.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
...it slipped my mind...but beedrill outspeeds most of the bh meta...except the ONE poke it wants to outspeed...talk about a dilemma. lel

I guess the best part about these leaks is that these can start being implemented into PS right? Also, now it seems that Dragon Ascent really is just a Flying type Close Combat.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Things are uploaded once we are reasonably sure that it's valid (if Kaphotics posts it, it's generally valid), but they aren't accessible until the games themselves are released.

I guess the best part about these leaks is that these can start being implemented into PS right? Also, now it seems that Dragon Ascent really is just a Flying type Close Combat.
Things are uploaded once we are reasonably sure that it's valid (if Kaphotics posts it, it's generally valid), but they aren't accessible until the games themselves are released.
Yeah, I tried suggesting the implementation of these things, but TI more or less denied the request. (and rightfully so)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)