BH Balanced Hackmons

Z-Hypnosis has the same accuracy as regular Hypnosis, consider yourself lucky that you didn't find this out the hard way :(
Weird. I was previously told it was perfect accuracy. I guess I'm just lucky I haven't missed it yet; I've been using it for quite a while.

Reactions: Ren
By the way, did anyone ever check to see if 510 was enforced in local link battles this generation? I suspect it still is, but I only remember seeing someone test it against NPC opponents.

So i've been really enjoying messing with my broken Assist P-don team. I want to share it with all of you so you can see the rage-inducers which are primal Groudon.

ban it please 1 (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Thousand Arrows
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

ban it please2 (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Trick
- Sleep Talk
- Me First

ban it please3 (Groudon-Primal) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Mirror Coat
- Transform
- Spiky Shield

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Whirlwind
- King's Shield

ban it please4 (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Trick
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk

ban it please5 (Groudon-Primal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Thousand Arrows
- Copycat
- Destiny Bond

Here are some amusing wins I have had with this team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-526562564
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-523879753
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-523733814
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-523731373

Enjoy making cancer happen!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Zygarde @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster / Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy or Relaxed Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt / W-o-w
- Shore Up

Pair Zygarde with entry hazard setters, as well as teammates that can KO the common Phazers: Magic Bounce Registeel or Poison Heal Giratina, and you have yourself a dangerous stalling machine.

Metal Burst is Steel - meaning it has no Type Immunities, and hits foes at 150% of the damage they dealt to Zygarde, regardless of whether the move is a Physical or Special Attack.

Lagging Tail means moves in the same speed priority bracket as the foe always go last, which ensures Metal Burst is used after the foe, since it has 0 priority (unlike Mirror Coat and Counter).

Dragon Tail backed by Taunt forces the foe to either switch out or attack and get hit by Metal Burst, which is effective against stat boosters. Prankster is used for priority, however Triage can also be used if you want to hit Dark types with Taunt while still providing priority recovery in Shore Up, allowing it to now have +3 priority which outspeeds -ate Extreme Speeds.

W-o-w can be chosen instead of Taunt to cause passive damage, and since the goal is for Zygarde to stick around, reducing damage from physical hits allows it to focus EV and nature investment on Special Defense.

Zygarde is chosen for having high HP, decent defenses without an item (Eviolite Chansey fears Knock-off / Trick), and STAB off of Dragon Tail.

Keep in mind Lagging Tail always means Dragon Tail goes last versus other pHazers, so if you predict a pHazer move, use Taunt or W-o-w

Last edited:
Zygarde @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster / Triage
EVs: 4HP/ 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy or Relaxed Nature (+SpD, -Spe) or (+Def, -Spe)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Dig / Thousand Arrows
- Copycat / Taunt / Aromatherapy / Drain Punch
- Shore Up

Take some hits, hit them back harder regardless of the type of the user, as Metal Burst is Steel - meaning it has no Type Immunities, and hits foes at 150% of the damage they dealt to Zygarde, regardless of whether the move is a Physical or Special Attack.

Lagging Tail means moves in the same speed priority bracket as the foe always go last, which ensures Metal Burst is used after the foe, since it has 0 priority (unlike Mirror Coat and Counter), while also allowing Dig and Copycat to take advantage of Prankster, to get free turns of invulnerability from going first with Copycat but attacking last on the second turn due to Lagging Tail.
If you want real coverage, you can also opt for STAB Thousand Arrows backed by Taunt to force the foe to either switch out or attack and get hit by Metal Burst.

Aromatherapy can be chosen instead to heal off status for itself and the team, since Zygarde is likely to stick around for a while.

Pokémon with Soundproof can avoid Metal Burst, and Yvetyl counters Dig+Copycat, as it is immune to Prankster due to it being a Dark type, but still gets hit by Metal Burst on whatever attacks it uses.

Shore Up is used for recovery since Sandstream Pokémon are occasionally used, and Zygarde is immune to Sandstorm.

Zygarde is chosen for having high HP, decent defenses without an item (Eviolite Chansey fears Knock-off / Trick), and STAB off of an invulnerable move or its coverage equivalent in Thousand Arrows.

Zygarde has a +SpD nature first because it is more likely to be hit by Ice Beam than Ice Hammer or Icicle Crash, and will need to survive the hit in order to Metal Burst.

*Triage can also be used if you plan on having Thousand Arrows paired with Drain Punch and works great on hitting Ice-Types on the switch-in such as Weavile, Kyurem-Black, or Kyurem-White that think they can force it out with Refridgerate sets.

Drain Punch works great on Dark Types that think because your Shore Up has priority it must be a Prankster set, only to get a Super Effective Fighting Type move to the face.
Soundproof doesn't block Metal Burst. With Drain Punch you are really just going to hit hard Weavile (Kyurem-B is 4HKO), and Refrigerate/(Pixiliate) eat Zygarde. If you are using Metal Burst, you should run maximum HP in order to hit back with as much as force as possible. If you are running Dig, then I suggest you to use Bounce instead, as it lacks immunities and spreads paralysis, or Shadow Force, as it bypasses Protect. Also that Copycat cycle can be broken by using any move with priority ≠0 (Protect and family, Prankster, Triage, Galvan-Ate, Beak Blast, Dragon-Throw, opposing Copycat) and No Guard (not really, but it hits through the invulnerable turns that Dig/Sub/etcetera provides).

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Completely changed the set, now it has Dragon Tail and Taunt / W-o-w, which allows it to force the foe to Attack and get hit with Metal Burst, or be switched out with Dragon Tail to rack up hazard damage.

W-o-w can be used over Taunt if you need to be make up for no Defense EVs and cause passive damage.

Last edited:
Use Destiny Bond on any Prankster.

Even with the nerf, now everyone use DB + slow U-Turn. Paired with 2 Innhards Out leave almost no counterplay.

I have not thought of Lagging Tail, maybe thats a better option than lvl 98 pokes.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Use Destiny Bond on any Prankster.

Even with the nerf, now everyone use DB + slow U-Turn. Paired with 2 Innhards Out leave almost no counterplay.

I have not thought of Lagging Tail, maybe thats a better option than lvl 98 pokes.
It is really annoying to have super slow mon with D Bond.
After D Bond, something like Registeel is gonna slow-U-turn and if one decides to kill it before U-turn, the attacker dies, and if the one chooses not to attack, that Prankster can pivot out and switch out to opponent's appropriate check.

At least it is relieving to see D Bond not able to be spammable, because I no longer see 8 turns of mind game between Registeel and Mega Rayquaza with Shell Smash.

I don't know if it is just for me but D Bond became so much predictable because in this Gen, the most practical way to counter set-up sweepers are Prankster Haze and D Bond, or using explosive Chansey. So if I see something with Prankster (most commonly Registeel and Solgeleo in Prankster forms) I always do something like setting Substitute.

It is still annoying, however, because if the attacker holds back after D Bond, it will often bbe Encored into one move. The ones who play in OU / Uber ladders will get this point: against Wobuffet with Custap Berry, it is like "Die together or be set up on".

Has anyone here been preparing for the case of Water Bubble being banned? I do run a team which uses Choice Specs Water Bubble Kyogre-Primal as one of the stallbreakers and i want to analyze that can i use as a replacement.

Has anyone here been preparing for the case of Water Bubble being banned? I do run a team which uses Choice Specs Water Bubble Kyogre-Primal as one of the stallbreakers and i want to analyze that can i use as a replacement.
Your options are the following:
Stakeout-> Double damage if the target switches in this turn.
Adaptability-> STAB does x2 instead of x1.5 (33% more damage in practice).
Tinted Lens-> Double damage if the target resists the move.
Sheer Force-> 30% more power to moves that have secondary, chance based effect, but that effect is negated.
Liquid Voice-> Water based Boomburst hurts.
Guts-> Viable if physical, get 1.5 more attack.
Primordial Sea/Drizzle-> Water moves get 50% more power and stuff.

Smash Sash-> Focus Sash, Shell Smash, anti priority and go to town.

I can't think of anything else.

Your options are the following:
Stakeout-> Double damage if the target switches in this turn.
Adaptability-> STAB does x2 instead of x1.5 (33% more damage in practice).
Tinted Lens-> Double damage if the target resists the move.
Sheer Force-> 30% more power to moves that have secondary, chance based effect, but that effect is negated.
Liquid Voice-> Water based Boomburst hurts.
Guts-> Viable if physical, get 1.5 more attack.
Primordial Sea/Drizzle-> Water moves get 50% more power and stuff.

Smash Sash-> Focus Sash, Shell Smash, anti priority and go to town.

I can't think of anything else.
Liquid Voice is suboptimal. STAB LV Boomburst deals less damage than Adaptability Steam Eruption. (140/110 < 4/3) Guts doesn't work since it's Kyogre (Flare Boost would work... but it's suicidal lol)

As for the others, let's do the calcs against a placeholder target:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Rain: 331-391 (46.3 - 54.7%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 294-348 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 250-294 (35 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Stakeout with and without the bonus

+2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 441-519 (61.7 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 220-261 (30.8 - 36.5%) -- 63.8% chance to 3HKO
Guess we can scratch Adaptability and SF for now. Stakeout may be a pretty good option, but since the calculator doesn't calcs each hit individually, i'm not sure about the KO chances.

That said, i guess Contrary with Leaf Storm (which doubles as a coverage move) may also be an option, while the Primordial Sea option is tempting due to the access to perfectly-accurate Hurricane and Thunder. Opinions?

Contrary sounds ill-advised on Primal Kyogre.

ElMustacho neglected to mention what is already arguably the second-best Primal Kyogre set, though less of a wallbreaker, and the principal reason it got banned last time: Poison Heal. With a moveset such as Leech Seed, Quiver Dance, Ice Beam and a Water-type STAB move, Primal Kyogre becomes a great win condition for bulkier teams, one that is capable of beating Imposter and Shedinja with Leech Seed and Dragon-types like Zygarde-C and Giratina with Ice Beam.

It can also alter its EVs in a variety of ways, either running some speed to outspeed threats such as Mega Mewtwo Y at +1, or bulk to better handle -ate priority, for instance.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Liquid Voice is suboptimal. STAB LV Boomburst deals less damage than Adaptability Steam Eruption. (140/110 < 4/3) Guts doesn't work since it's Kyogre (Flare Boost would work... but it's suicidal lol)

Guess we can scratch Adaptability and SF for now. Stakeout may be a pretty good option, but since the calculator doesn't calcs each hit individually, i'm not sure about the KO chances.

That said, i guess Contrary with Leaf Storm (which doubles as a coverage move) may also be an option, while the Primordial Sea option is tempting due to the access to perfectly-accurate Hurricane and Thunder. Opinions?
I would suggest Primordial Sea for Kyogre-Primal in general.
Water Bubble: 2x Water Moves, no burns, 1/2 dmg from fire
P-Sea: 1.5x Water Moves, still susceptible to burns, 0 dmg from fire, can abuse Thunder and Hurricane.

Kyogre-Primal can still be a threat, just like how Scarfed Primal Groudon forces tons of switches in the current metagame. Although not much as Water Bubble, Water type moves under Primordial Sea hurts A LOT. If you have played Ubers ladder, you will see support Arceus forms being torn apart by Origina Pulse under the Primordial Sea.

Also speaking of status-abusing abilities, Quick Feet sounds possible with Tail Glow and Seed Flare (to counter Imposters... idk imposter multiplies 1.5 to 160 base Sp Def)... but is inferior than using Mega Ray in same form IMO.

Contrary sounds ill-advised on Primal Kyogre.

ElMustacho neglected to mention what is already arguably the second-best Primal Kyogre set, though less of a wallbreaker, and the principal reason it got banned last time: Poison Heal. With a moveset such as Leech Seed, Quiver Dance, Ice Beam and a Water-type STAB move, Primal Kyogre becomes a great win condition for bulkier teams, one that is capable of beating Imposter and Shedinja with Leech Seed and Dragon-types like Zygarde-C and Giratina with Ice Beam.

It can also alter its EVs in a variety of ways, either running some speed to outspeed threats such as Mega Mewtwo Y at +1, or bulk to better handle -ate priority, for instance.
I was supposed to bring alternatives to Choice Specs Kyogre, and Poison Heal isn't an alternative to that. It's another role.
If you want to calculate Stakeout damage use +2 to spa (for Steam Eruption of course).
I know that Boomburst does less than Steam Eruption, but it gets through Substitutes.
Also, a team with Refrigerate, Aeriliate, Pixiliate, Galvanize, Liquid Voice and Scrappy based on assist Boomburst should be hilarious.
Other options;
Critdra -> Sniper + Scope Lens + Focus Energy = Always crit at 2,25 damage. May also spam Overheat and family without problems.
Torrent -> twice STAB when under 33%.
Berserk -> +1 spa each time you reach less than 50% hp. Combine with sand, Leftovers and Substitute to gain spa at the rate of Speed Boost.
Mega Launcher -> using Origin Pulse.
Analytic -> run Minimum speed.

Poison Heal is almost certainly the next best ability for kyogre. I'd probably run something like Sheer Force over Primordial Sea, but that's just me, and then stakeout/Regenerator as other options. It's solidly less versatile than in last gen, but considering how low a bar that is to clear we really shouldn't be surprised, and it's not like a Water Bubble ban will make Primal Kyogre unrunnable/bad.

This is how Arceus forms without a plate behave in-game. Behavior is not a bug, but rather accurately reflects mechanics and it has been that way since at least Gen V.

Also, someone get that poor Eevee out of the tier before it gets hurt. Its parents are probably worried. :(
The mechanic is no longer a thing in gen 7 due to the type matchup thing in-game (and like the screen that shows stat boosts and drops). Reported it a couple days ago, and maybe it will get fixed at some point?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
The mechanic is no longer a thing in gen 7 due to the type matchup thing in-game (and like the screen that shows stat boosts and drops). Reported it a couple days ago, and maybe it will get fixed at some point?
so all arceus but plated multitype arceus are defaulted normal? lol

So, I'm guessing it should show the typed Arceus sprite/model but, when you hover over it, reveal it as Normal in the info box? If so, Arceus disguise would still work on careless players at least.

Unrelated, but...

By the way, did anyone ever check to see if 510 was enforced in local link battles this generation? I suspect it still is, but I only remember seeing someone test it against NPC opponents.
Nobody ever replied to this. I tried looking myself but... my search-fu is weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)