Balanced team!!

Hello, I am here again and I've made another team. With balanced being my style, I've managed to work out a team based around an offensive duo. This offensive duo is Lucario/Latios duo, which works out well, and I've used it in teams in the past. I'm just going to let you know, I'm not good at all with posting stuff so I may lack pictures and texts and whatever.

Team building Process
Priority is my priority, which was one element I was aiming for in this team, along with more than my usual amount of pokemon that set up. .So first I put in my favorite pokemon Lucario
Lucario
Then I know that he synergizes well with Latios. I needed only one choice-user.
Lucario, Latios
But I didn't want this to be like my other team with Lucios, so I decided to add in Ferrocent just to see how it would look
Lucario, Latios, Jellicent, Ferrothorn
It actually looked like a really solid team from here, but the hardest part of team building is the last pokes you want to put in. So I knew I would need a pursuiter (for pesky Gengar), and it was either Scizor or Tyranitar, Scizor would give me a fire weakness, so I put in T-Tar.
Lucario, Latios, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar
I discovered my team was weak to Lucario, so I thought of Gliscor instantly, but it was too tanky for my taste, so I used Landorus instead.
Lucario, Latios, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Landorus
This team looked good, but another problem was the lack of diversity in move typing. I replaced Landorus with Thundurus-T, to make the typing more colorful.
Lucario, Latios, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Thundurus-T
I knew that Tyranitar and its Sand Stream would become a problem. And I needed a check to Lucario and Gengar in the same pokemon. Quagsire and Gliscor were the only things that came to mind to me, and they just wouldn't work. I was looking for a tank btw. Then I checked UU and found that Sableye would be a good option.
Lucario, Latios, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Sableye, Thundurus-T
I still wasn't satisfied with Sableye, since I thought he wouldn't contribute that much to the team. I discovered Conkeldurr is a good counter to both Lucario and Gengar, and he had way better stats than Sableye, so I put him in the team.
Lucario, Latios, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Sableye, Thundurus-T

The Team

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Lucario is one of my sweepers, he brings a lot of priority in my team, so I occasionally use him as a revenge killer.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Latios is my only choice user. I've discovered that choice scarf pokemon aren't really as good anymore. I just think priority moves are a better way of revenge killing. I mainly just Draco Meteor with Latios, since with his choice specs, nothing else isn't AS effective. I may use him to counter Ferrothorn, but its so predictable, so why even bother. Trick is useful to foil annoying pokemon or baton pass teams.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Jellicent was intended to be the jelliCENTER of my team, since he carries the immunity to my fighting type weakness. But I usually only use him for Will-O-Wisp, which he always misses >:(. I haven't found the taunt VERY useful, and idk why, maybe its because my other pokemon scare the tanks away idk. I should just replace taunt with like shadow ball or something, but I'm too scared to go out there without taunt. Jellicent is my biggest check to Scizor.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is Jellicent's TENTACLE RAPE buddy. I use him as my lead mostly, and the entry hazards are really helpful for my sweepers. The funny thing is that its really risky for them to spin them away, since I could just switch into Jellicent or any other sweeper (sweeper because I get a free stat boost), and screw them over.

Conkeldurr (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Conkeldurr is an uncommon pokemon nowadays that I've been sorta anticipating to use in my team. It is so funny when people try to set up toxic spikes on me, because it only affects Jellicent, and actually benefits Conkeldurr. I love Conkeldurr because a lot of people underestimate his bulkiness ESPECIALLY after a Bulk Up. So if I have 1 Bulk Up, and then Scizor comes in to revenge kill with Bullet Punch, it only does 16% damage, and I can regain that with a Drain Punch. Unless they crit >:(. Also, the fighting type priority is really useful against low-healthed steel types or whatever.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus-T is my BoltBeam pokemon that can do a lot to a team. I've actually swept a whole entire team when using this guy as the lead. I actually had no idea what to put on this guy, so I just used the same set as regular Thundurus, and it works! I used to think Thundurus-T was really fast, but apparently Espeon outspeeds him.​

Counters
I've only just built this team today, but I have done a few battles with it, and it wasn't really very reliable tests, (mainly noobs). But I have 2 counters I can discuss and I have to say one pokemon that really slows my team down is Espeon. Espeon outspeeds my whole team, and ruins everything with its magic bounce and double screens. Her Hidden Power Fire and Psychic/Psyshock do a lot of damage or even OHKO anyone who wants to sweep on her. On top of that, she outspeeds everyone, and her screens make me do no damage. My only hope of getting rid of her fast is using Latios, but they always switch out on me. Another counter I've found is the infamous Ferrothorn with Thunder Wave. I know he doesn't hard counter my team, but he is really annoying to take down. Actually anyone who paralyzes someone on my team, really cripples that member, and makes him 50% more useless.

Conclusion
I'm really bad at conclusions, so I'm not even going to bother. (Conclusions are why I do bad on essays haha). So if you want to uhh, you know, "test" out my team *wink* *wink*, then here's the import:

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Thundurus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conkeldurr (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

And we're done!!!

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Nice team Bendo Nintendo, it looks very solid. I did however see a large weakness to Reuniclus. Both Trick Room and Calm Mind Variants can trouble you as TR beats all of your mons under TR and CM can set up on Ferrothorn and Locked in Latios and from there, your only way around him is tricking off Latios's Choice Specs. Alakazam also annoys you as he outspeeds your team and the standard set will carry a SFE move for your whole team save thundurus who can't take a hit anyway. As you said Espeon is quite annoying, but I don't see how Ferro is annoying at all with Conkelldurr enjoying Paralysis and being able to set up on it. Dragon types such as Salamence and Dragonite can be very troublesome if they manage to boost up. Also Volcarona is a big threat being able to set up on Latios after Draco Meteor, with Thundurus and occasionally Conkelldurr.

First off, using Toxic > Will-O-Wisp is a good idea for Jellicent. This allows you to cripple everything with a status ailment save Natural Cure users. It also gives you a more reliable way to get a definite status onto threatening mon. Also try out Crunch > Bullet Punch on Lucario, as your team can get rid of Terrakion and Gengar a lot easier than it can get rid of Reuniclus and Jellicent.

Anyway looking at all your threats I saw that there is a guy who can help you check all of your threats, while still being a great addition to the team in general. Although he isn't seen very often, I think your team would greatly appreciate Choice Scarf Jirachi >Thundurus-T. Jirachi can still take a hit from all of your threats, while being able to promptly smack them with a strong attack that is rarely out sped. Jolly is better for you because you need to speed tie with +1 Salamence and Volcarona as well as Jolly +1 Haxorus and Timid Scarf Hydreigon. Use Adamant if you think your alright without Jolly. Jirachi also has the nice hax chance of Iron Head which can be used to try beat stuff that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. Thundurus-T should go IMO as he is weak to SR and without a spinner he is far to easy to kill befor e he even sets up, and even if he does he is easily revenged by the plethora of Mamoswine and Choice Scarf pokemon on the metagame. Just of note Adding Jirachi would make you weaker to sun and fire in general but Latios checks most sun stuff (Standard Venusaur, Heatran) Jirachi can't

GL with the team, Jirachi set below
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
Trait: Serene Grace
EV's: 252Atk/ 4Def/ 252Spe
Iron Head/ Ice Punch/ Fire Punch/ Trick

Yes, Toxic over Will-O-Wisp is something I'll change in my team. Though I actually think instead of Crunch on Lucario, it would be a better idea to have Shadow Ball on Jellicent, for Reuniclus. I haven't seen Reuniclus at all since I made the team, so I'll see if it actually helps. And lastly, I chose Thunderus-T as a BoltBeam special sweeper, and he contributes a lot to the team. Anyone that is Choice Scarf goes against the priority I have in my team for revenge killing. Other teams usually have 1 or 2 sweepers, and I can send in Ferrothorn or Jellicent to cripple them with a status move, then revenge kill with the priority, instead of using a Jolly Choice Scarf to kill. It may just be personal preference, but I don't know. Thank you very much for the Rate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)