Balanced UU - Probopass!

Hello all, my (internet)name is Leethoof, and I'm from CAP ASB! While sitting around being bored and sad, I decided that I would create an OU team based on one of my favorite pokemon, Probopass. I realized pretty quickly in the teambuilding process that my beloved rock/steel type would not fair well at all in this enviroment, so decided to make an UU Team instead. Here is my process:

Team-building Process:

I began with Probopass obviously, since this was the entire reason I wanted this team to be created. After some discussion on capsb irc, I decided to use him as a special wall, even without sandstorm. I looked at his weaknesses of fighting, ground, and water, and needed a physical wall that could take all of these attacks fairly well.

Enter Dusclops. With eviolite, he is apparently very bulky and his immunity to fighting attacks supports Probopass very well. In addition, probopass can take any special (or physical) dark/ghost attacks aimed at Dusclops. These two form a very solid defensive core, capable of spreading some status and allowing my sweepers to get in safely.

Cobalion is the first of my sweepers. According to reccomendations on irc, he has good coverage and stats, with the ability to flinchhax and punch holes in the enemy team. Also, he is capable of blocking some ghost/dark hits if Probopass is unable to do so.

Here is part two of my sweepers. Braviary has pretty good coverage, and his STABs destroy things from my experience so far. I chose to put a choice scarf on him, but this is one of my major problems, as I have no idea what items to give my sweepers. Still, Braviary is capable of revenge-killing quite a lot of things, or just straight up killing them.

Now, I have decided to add Nasty Plot Mismagius. She is a very capable set-up sweeper so far, coming in one one of her three immunities (supporting probopass very well) to substitute and nasty plot. She is usually my late game sweeper.

And finally, after much thought, I decided to add Roserade. With a typing synergyzing quite well with Probopass, my bulky Roserade easily gets up two-three of spikes every match. She can then continue to take hits and provide status support.

Now, the movesets.

Roserade (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Roserade usually ends up being my lead, unless there is a very unfavorable matchup (Abomasnow). She effectively gets up 2-3 layers of Spikes, and that is pretty much her sole purpose. However, she can come in later to paralyze key sweepers or leech seed an annoying wall. I'm not sure if leech seed is worth it, and have been considering aromatherapy in its spot. Giga Drain is there so she is not taunt bait, and also to quickly take out hippos so they become a non-issue after setting up sandstorm.

Team Synergy: Special Fire/Ice/Psychic attacks, along with any flying attacks, all go to Probopass, while Dusclops can safely take the physical variants of those. She can switch in on fighting and water attacks aimed at Probopass or Cobalion, She can take electric attacks for Braviary and provides hazard support for the sweepers.

Mismagius (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

This is a standard Nasty Plot Mismagius, as far as I'm aware. She can use her three immunities to safely come in on several attacks even with glass defenses. If she switches in on something like a choiced fighting attack (usually aimed at probopass or cobalion), she can easily create a Substitute and then begin her sweep from there. Using her excellent speed, she can also revenge-kill in a pinch against pokemon weak to fighting/ghost, but usually needs Nasty Plot for the raw power.

Team Synergy: Switches in to fighting and ground attacks aimed at my steels. Can switch out of unfriendly ghost/dark attacks to Probopass or Cobalion. Can effectively late-game sweep once Cobalion and Braviary have punched holes in their walls.

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Brave Bird
- Superpower

Return and Brave Bird provide STAB for massive power. Brave Bird destroys anything weak to it, and several things neutral, but return is a safer option without recoil. Shadow Claw allows him to revenge-kill ghosts, and Superpower smashes rocks and steels that think they might be safe.

Team Synergy: Braviary can safely switch in on any ground attacks or ghost attacks due to his typing, and then kill whatever was throwing those attacks out. His revenge kills are invaluable to allowing mismagius a sweep after my walls have fallen. When he needs to switch out, Roserade can take electric attacks, while Probopass can take Ice, and both Probopass and Dusclops can take rock attacks, which are usually physical.

Cobalion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Stone Edge

Cobalion is a strong banded killer on my team, and can punch holes in any wall not named Dusclops. The fantastic damage he puts out makes it so nothing immune can safely switch in, especially adding to Iron Head's flinching. Close Combat and Iron Head are for strong STAB attacks, while Stone Edge is for additional coverage. Volt Switch is there to make up for any mis-switches on my part, allowing me to switch to a team member to safely take the incoming attack.

Team Synergy: His typing works very well with the two ghosts on my team, allowing them to easily switch between each other. His fire weakness can be covered by either of my walls, depending on physical or special. His banded attacks clear the way for the rest of the team, allowing my walls to have an easier job and mismagius to sweep more effectively.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Disable

Part 1 of my defensive core. Dusclops is a versatile physical wall, burning his foes to reduce their damage even more, and then abusing his low base HP with Pain Split. Night Shade gives him reliable damage against everything but normal types, which are usually chansey/snorlax/blissey with high HP anyways. Disable is an odd move, that I am considering to replace, but occasionly can stop choice-locked sweepers in their tracks, though it wold usually be better to burn/pain split them.

Team Synergy: Walls physical stuff, basically. His burns can keep everybody around longer, and his massive defense can stop most physical sweepers before they start. He and Probopass can switch effectively between eachother, covering each others weaknesses well.

Probopass (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Part 2 of my defensive core. An excellent special wall, I am having trouble with his movepool. Stealth Rock is invaluable to my team, and I usually switch in Probopass ASAP to get rocks up. Pain Split allows me to keep my HP up, and volt switch provides that amzaing "slow switch" that is very useful sometimes for getting a sweeper in safely. Earth Power was my choice for a single attacking move, since it hits the steels who think they are stuck with me super-effectively. I run Sturdy over Magnet Pull, partially for mind-games, and also in-case my opponent pulls off a brilliant prediction that I still might salvage the situation.

Team Synergy: Probopass works excellently with dusclops, eating any special dark/ghost attacks aimed at him for breakfast. He is also a valuable outrage-blocker, using his naturally high defense to stop a lot of dragon attacks. As a special wall, he is very valuable to the team. Stealth Rocks also help mismagius's and the other sweeper's jobs a lot.

Choice Scarf Mamoswine destroys your entire team except Dusclops... In fact, your team seems pretty weak to hail. I recommend Hitmontop over Cobalion, with Intimidate, as it doesn't have that nasty Ground weakness and can check Mamo pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)