1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ban Stunfisk (newly updated)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Molk, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Ninja Dewott

Ninja Dewott

Hey, great team there :)

Why not run Scarf on Rotom, which would allow you to outspeed LO Moltres. I'm pretty sure Volt Switch would OHKO, it definetly would after SR damage.
  2. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

rotom actually already outruns moltres without a scarf

now for the tier shifts,.....

as i said, spiritomb might be going over rotom or some other pokemon on my team, advice?
  3. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

If thats the case, then you become even more Moltres weak than before, making Regirock an even more vital option, since Rotom can no longer check it. However, Spiritomb would help with Cress and Sigilpyh, but still dislikes burns. The most effective may be a Mono-attacking CM RestTalker, but imo that set really, really sucks. Have you had any ideas about what Spiritomb set?
  4. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

yes i have tested the mono attacker set, it actually fares farely well, idk what to do about moltres, i remember stunfisk could work against it in a pinch if it switched into air slash.
  5. Ninja Dewott

Ninja Dewott

Well, in that case, a scarf Rotom would outrun even a scarf Moltres, which is even better
  6. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

life orb moltres is really he only varient that threatens my team tbh, subroost and scarf go down pretty easily

any opinions on tomb>rotom?
  7. sheniqua

sheniqua

I don't really like the spiritomb switch. It seems to me that your team needs the speed of rotom more than anything that spiritomb could bring. if you do switch to spiritomb though, you probably need to change at least one more pokemon in your team, as moltres and other base 90's will wreck your team.
  8. The Goddamn Batman

The Goddamn Batman

Quoted For Truth. You say that your biggest weakness on this team is LO Moltres, so removing your team's primary check to it is not the way to go. I completely understand your concern about Cresselia, and until it gets banned you could probably get away with the switch as teams shift toward Fighting/Dark/Psychic cores. But after the Cress ban, you should definitely switch back to Rotom.
  9. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

okay, i will make the switch back to rotom after cress gets banned
  10. Tomahawk

Tomahawk Nidoqueen is good in Ubers!
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

A specially defensive spread on Uxie lets you avoid the 2HKO from Moltres Fire Blast and paralyze it (also consider Toxic on it), though this isn't the best way to beat Moltres of course.
  11. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

well uxie already survives moltres's fire blast and i can still paralyze them, if uxie is still alive moltres is a non issue but uxie cant switch in if it is weakened. :(
  12. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

givin dis teh bump as i tried it yesterday, still an effective team
  13. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

bumping cause of the new title, and i decided to keep rotom

this is the official title

btw, should i try HP ground krow, or even hp rock for moltres lol
  14. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

updated team for new metagame, feel free to leave rates/luvdiscs again

edit: moxiekrow is ass, use SUPERPOWER
  15. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Nigga, you're catching up to my RMT! :O 4500 views!!!!
    Apparantly Ru community is >MoxieCrow now. Good, good maybe I'll get back into RU now :D I hope to encounter your team to see how strongth it was gotten, good job bro :P
    [​IMG]
  16. Avira

Avira

Uhhhh ... I think you should correct this. Honchkrow really doesn't want to take Scalds as it will get burned.
  17. Rewer

Rewer
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

dosent alo uses waterfall xD

and it can toxic on the roost then wish ptc
  18. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    RU Leader

i originally had substitute on the set lol, fixing
  19. Pidge86

Pidge86

Hey, i've been using a variation on your original team on PO and it's been a lot of fun.
    i kept Uxie, Poliwrath, Stunfisk, and Honchcrow and made two modifications, see below:

Bouffalant OUT, replace with:
    Sawsbuck-Win (Sawsbuck-Winter) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Horn Leech
    - Jump Kick
    - Megahorn
    - Return

I switched Bouffalant for Sawsbuck, to maintain the sap sipper boost but, with horn leech, nab some fantastic coverage and reliable recovery. The EVs and nature are there to help it do it's job. I chose jump kick in place of nature power in order to better take on ferroseed, who otherwise gives my team a rough time. Choice Band to hit extremely hard on the switch, most often with a +1 boost thanks to successful stunfisk baiting. This thing is a monster. Horn Leech just plows through teams again and again, with stunfisk, cofagrigus, honchcrow and poliwrath covering his weaknesses perfectly. Grass is an extremely potent offensive type in RU, and once Sawsbuck's counters have been lured and removed or crippled, very few pokemon can stand up to multiple horn leeches.

I found that the team needed some more defensive bulk, so despite your all-out offense maxim i made the following change:

Rotom OUT, replace with:
    Cofagrigus (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Haze
    - Rest

The best counter to the physical threats as described in your descriptions has to be cofagrigus. if i can get residual damage on something, this thing will go all day. I removed EVs from SpD and put them into Def to enable him to do his job better. Haze is a vital move for this team, as it stops potential sweeps cold. Will'o'wisp is great for another status to work in conjunction with thunder wave, and residual damage is a great asset. Rest is also necessary to help it stay around, especially after an opposing sweeper is burned or hazed. I'm also finding that Cofag works great in conjunction with Sawsbuck to take on Sceptile, one of the most potent threats in RU.

Those are my changes. Love the team, best of luck with it!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)