Banned for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on PO and i hadn't been on chat for a while, and all i said was about Ditto's DW ability. I was making a team while still logged on to the Smogon server. When i finished the team it said i had been banned by Haunter.
Now i cannot connect to the server at all. Can someone help me with this?

That's the thing.... I didn't do anything wrong.... I just finished my after about 10 mins and looked to see i had been banned. What would qualifiy as something to get me banned?

Okay, the only thing i can think of is this "No open proxies. If you are using an open proxy, you will be IP banned." . I don't even know what this means, let alone how to change that. Besides, if this is the case i would have been banned earlier, right?

The exact same thing happened to me. I was in the middle of a battle and I thought I had just disconnected, but I looked at the client window and it said I had been banned (I don't remember by who). I wasn't even looking at the chat, and the only time I had talked was commenting on whatever Pokemon-related conversation was going on at the time. I didn't say anything even approaching inappropriate, and now I can't access the Smogon server on any account name. I thought the server was just down, but I can't find anything on the website mentioning it. Pretty annoying, and I was just about to ask about it (it's why I made a forums account).

Weirder still, when i was on it said Haunter banned me. I don't think Haunter was even online at the time.
Btw, i get this message
"Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)