1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

banning (mekkah read)

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by chaos, Jul 15, 2007.

1. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

<@chaos|superprogramming> leech lyfe Mekkah July 15th, 2007 31 Days August 15th, 2007, ~07:00 PM 31 Days, 0 Hours [Lift Ban] you need to work on your posting quality
    <@chaos|superprogramming> im pretty sure you cant do that
    <@chaos|superprogramming> and by pretty sure, i mean you cant do that
    <+Hazerider> well he's an idiot anyway but
    <@chaos|superprogramming> the only people allowed to bypass the infraction system are administrators
    <@chaos|superprogramming> but im leaving the ban because of surgoisafag.org

obviously, malicious activity like flooding warrants an immediate ban but seriously. you can't do that.
  2. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Aeolus did it a while ago for Pyr0 e4protector and a few others, though that was after consideration. Alright, sorry.
  3. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The bans you are talking about were put into place because of the ban request thread that was active at the time when it was still nearly impossible to accumulate enough infraction points to get banned. Things have changed.

At any rate, read.
  4. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I may not be Mekkah, but I, too have read this thread.
  5. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

6. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

banning mekkah (read)
  7. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Another exception to the 'no bypassing the infraction system' rule is obviously posting Harry Potter spoilers!
  8. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

speaking of which, i really, really, hope even dumb joking which is false should deserve an immediate ban...i don't want to read my 800 page novel thinking neville kills harry or something.
  9. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I will be in Kentucky playing footsie with chaos this weekend, so when I get home and start reading a lot of people will already be done. I'll be avoiding the internet until I can say the same.
  10. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

quoting because yes, if you or anyone sees this in firebot or wherever feel free to ban for it instantly. drawing the "you dont joke about a bomb in an airport terminal/airplane" corollary may seem a little silly considering the enjoyment of a "children's book" isn't quite on the level of national security, but the idea is pretty much exactly the same: oh haha what a funny joke you sure tricked us get the fuck out of here

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)