Baokki (Fire Monkey)

Could this be used paired with Infernape? (Like Salamence in Ubers /w Rayquaza?) I mean, Blaziken+Nape+This would make one heck of a gimmick HO core.

Baokki @ Leichi Berri
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Gluttony

- Substitute
- Nitro Charge
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

(The EVs are not set in stone - its HP will need to be divisible by four, so change that depending on its IVs and whatnot.)

This is sort of an odd but fun idea, should it work - a physical flinchhax set. Sub down twice to activate Gluttony and the Leichi Berry, use Nitro Charge from behind your sub in order to raise your already troll-tastic speed, and gleefully flinch away with Rock Slide. Shadow Claw seems to give this set perfect neutral coverage, unless I'm missing something.

Alright, so it's gimmicky, but I like Baokki and was trying to separate him from Infernape and the rest of his trio. =B

This is infernapse awesome gay cousin :p Does anyone have an idea on to why all the monkey pokemon(ALL OF THEM INCLUDING OLDER ONES)Learn nasty plot? Are monkeys evil or something.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could this be used paired with Infernape? (Like Salamence in Ubers /w Rayquaza?) I mean, Blaziken+Nape+This would make one heck of a gimmick HO core.
The thing is that Double Dragon (or double water or fighting in OU) works well because there is only 1 type of pokemon that can stop dragon attacks (and only bare handfulls of pokemon who can take on water or fighting), who also get destroyed by their secondary attacks. Therefore it is much easier to overwhelm their counters and go for a sweep.

Fire unfortunately, has lots of enemy resistances to face down, and very shaky coverage (it is impossible to get near-flawless coverage in only 2 moves). Infernape's STAB fighting makes it very hard to switch into, but Boakki can be defeated by . . . Blissey for crying out loud . . .

Fire is not a really great candidate for the "double up" offensive strategy.

This thing has a bad case of the trolls with that 101 speed. I mean, couldn't they give the one extra from baokki, hiyakki, and yanakki and give them to genosekuto (base 99 speed) and sazandora (98 speed)? Thanks a lot, trollfreak <.<
They really gave out quite a few wacky speed stats this gen.
When I have time to kill I should check out how many Gen V Pokemon have base speed not equal to 100 but within 4 points above or below it.

Off the top of my head there's already:
Ononokusu
Sazandora
Genesekuto
Emonga
Basurao

It's got Recycle as an advantage over Arcanine in UU and Nape in OU. Gluttony + Recycle is actually very interesting...

It's got Recycle as an advantage over Arcanine in UU and Nape in OU. Gluttony + Recycle is actually very interesting...

I feel like this would be either outclassed by Blaziken(Salac Berry), NastyApe(Peteya Berry), or SDApe (Liechi Berry). Not to mention his life expectancy does not exceed the time it takes to eat the first berry, then Recycle again =/.

I m really not that good at making sets...
I dont know why did you bother to make this thread then. I guess we gotta start somewhere, since there´s a first time for everything.

Unfortunately he ends up being a worse Infernape, but I suppose he could work out in lower tiers (ie, wherever Infernape is banned). It's a shame he also has barely anything to distinguish himself from the other water and grass, besides type. I mean, why the hell give them all the same stats?

His evo is really awesome design, but what are with Baokki's hands? srsly wtf
Well i guess they were running out of ideas to fill the dex, so they just said; Hey WTF lets do the same pokemon but with different sprites, type and some moves so they wont notice. Yeah Right !! and the same thing happened with the ice cream pokemon, so seriously WTF, Gamefreak its running out of Creativity.

On the other hand (baokkis hands lol) i normaly run almost all pokemon too weak to Stealth Rock as a lead to avoid that situation and deal some good damage and baokki is no exception, because of it i would prefer the nasty plot set someone suggested above or the sub one, those are its best options i believe.

I'm considering using the three Monkeys as a gimmick defensive core. (Yanakki as Lead, Hiyakki as a supporter prhaps?, and Baokki as NP Attacker)
Could that work Nice?

I'm considering using the three Monkeys as a gimmick defensive core. (Yanakki as Lead, Hiyakki as a supporter prhaps?, and Baokki as NP Attacker)
Could that work Nice?
defensive core? lol? with defenses in the 60's they'll die to a light breeze.both the fire and water types take over 50% from timid/naive scarftran fire blast

Simisear-Salac Berry (Gluttony)
128 Atk/128 SpAtk/252 Spd
Hasty (Spd+,Def-)
Flamethrower
Acrobatics
Hidden Power (Ground/Fighting)
Crunch

This seems like the best moveset to me. Flamethrower for STAB, Crunch for those pesky Psychics running around this Gen, Acrobatics works great w/ Gluttony, & Hidden Power for coverage. The choice is tough, but I personally would go for Fighting.

Simisear @ Focus Sash
Blaze
252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP (Timid)
~ Nasty Plot
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Heat Wave (accuracy, power, or both)
~ Grass Knot / Solarbeam (if in sun, obviously)
~ Focus Blast / Hidden Power

I ran this set with Nasty Plot/Flamethrower/Grass Knot/Focus Blast for a while and it actually worked really well. Nasty Plot on the first turn, then sweep. Probably would work well on a Sunny team so you don't have to worry about residual damage ruining your sweep. Focus Sash would keep you surviving at one HP, activating Blaze. Focus Blast is namely a filler, so you can run Hidden Power over that if you want to cover something, like maybe ground to stop opposing fire types.

I also think mixed Simisear with Hone Claws and Fire Blast deserves a note. When I use Hone Claws on my Garchomp, I don't really care about the Attack boost, I care about the accuracy boost. The attack boost is a safeguard against Intimidate, while the accuracy boost lets me run things like Dragon Rush and Stone Edge at no worry. Same goes here: Hone Claws boosts the already high power of Acrobatics and Crunch, and allows him to use Fire Blast and Focus Blast without the fear of missing. One Hone Claws boost sends Fire Blast's accuracy to higher than 100, although I might be doing the math wrong.....

Another interesting option is Recycle with Gluttony. If you manage to get a free turn after you have used your berry you can use it to boost your speed with a Salac berry, a stat he can't normally boost, or just keep recycling Sitrus berries, although I don't know if he is sturdy enough....You could possibly get a free turn with Yawn, though....

Does anyone have an idea on to why all the monkey pokemon(ALL OF THEM INCLUDING OLDER ONES)Learn nasty plot? Are monkeys evil or something.
Its a reference to monkeys being mischievous like throwing stuff, and intelligent like how some monkeys make tools to help them get food.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)