1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Based

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Bluwing, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Bluwing

Bluwing

Based

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to my newest RMT, most of you guys might know me as ive been around NU for quite a while, if not hello im BROStime and im pleased to meet you. Okay so lets start, well first off ive been away from NU for a while, but ive found back to the tier where there has been some major tier shiftings which helped out some pokemon in general (Psychics) got much better with Absol gone. So with those tier shifts I thought I would go for a bulky offensive team where I could have an defensive backbone to fall back on, but still hit hard as im (lol) feeling helpless if my mons can't hit for an decent amount of damage at all. Therefore this team was made, and ive used it quite a lot both on ladder and in NUPL where it has been doing good, as im quite not a ladder player as im just too lazy, this team doesn't have an amazing ladder score, but peaking high on the ladder at least in my opinion isn't that impressive, as if you are patient enough this won't be a problem at all. But this is not why im here to talk about ladder ranks and stuff like that, im here to introduce you my latest team.

In Detail:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Regirock @ Rocky helmet
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP | 252 Atk | 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature: (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Drain Punch | Rock Slide | Thunder Wave | Stealth Rock

So here is my main bird resist and Stealth Rock setter Regirock, this guy is by far one of the most reliant pokemon to setup Stealth Rock, but that is not the only thing he can do. With Thunder Wave + Rock Slide he can easly work as an paraflincher making him very versatile as this is letting him go on the offensive side of the field. With Drain Punch he can beat a lot off pokemon due too hes incredible bulk and decent attack stat, also here Thunder Wave comes handy in as this lets Regirock outspeed major threats, and heal up with ease while also helping the team out in general.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Skuntank @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Aftermath
    EVs: 20 HP | 252 Atk | 236 Spd
    Poison Jab | Pursuit | Sucker Punch | Taunt

Ahh my trapper and main Musharna counter, Skuntank is by far the best psychic counter in this meta now after Absol moved up. So basically what Skuntank does is to shut down stall with Taunt and abusing its priority Sucker Punch to weaken the opponents team letting its other team member to take care late game, Pursuit is there for trapping annoying psychics like Gardevoir and Musharna which both can be a pain for Sawk, Rotom-F and Ludicolo to sweep, Poison Jab is an amazing STAB move letting me poison annoying Rock type switch ins and also letting me beat Ludicolo 1vs1 outside of rain. Therefore Skuntank is an amazing teammate helping my team having an easier time late game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Sawk @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
    Close Combat | Earthquake | Ice Punch | Taunt

Sawk is my main lead and is doing that job very well, with Expert Belt I can easely just go for a safe CC or predict and Taunt the incoming counter; Mainly Alomomola or Musharna. Sawk is also an amazing choice bluffer and have giving me some really easy ko's as nobody expects Sawk to run Expert Belt, this set also prevent rocks from beeing up on my side nearly all the time if I play correct. Close Combat is easely the most spammable move on this set, Earthquake is amazing on Sawk now as it let him beat levitaters like Eel and Haunter. The last was standing between Stone Edge and Ice Punch and I guess both of them work well, but I went with Ice Punch as it lets me beat Altaria easier.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
    Timid Nature: (+Spd, -Atk)
    Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Giga Drain | Rain Dance

So here we have the main sweeper of the team, Ludicolo is by far one of the most threathening pokemon in this tier easly grabbing ko's late game when the opposing team is weared down. With it's unique typing and incredible dual STAB it can easely setup on a lot of defensive pokemon in this tier and smashing unprepared teams. Hydro Pump is an incredible STAB under rain and hits so hard and has great coverage with Ice Beam and Giga Drain. Giga Drain, Ludicolos second STAB move is amazing with Life Orb helping Ludicolos longivity, Ice Beam rounds of for this sets coverage and lets Ludicolo hit Grass, Flying and Dragon's for super effective damage, Rain Dance is there too boost Ludicolos speed and Hydro Pump and is the key move to this set, Timid Nature so he can speed tie with opposing Timid Ludicolos and Naive/Jolly Samurott.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Musharna @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronice
    EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Psychic | Signal Beam | Moonlight | Calm Mind

Musharna the amazing pink blob and my main Sawk counter as withouth Musharna my team would have been raped by Choice Band Sawk. So Musharna is mainly here to wall strong physical threats, setup and blow holes in the opposing team. This blob is so bulky and is so hard to take down which make her fit perfecty as a backbone for my team, and can easely save me out of nasty situations. Psychic is there for a main STAB move letting me hit the majority of the tier bar Dark types, therefore I went with Signal Beam to handle Skuntank and prevent Cacturne to use Musharna as free setup fodder. Moonlight is just great and helps Musharna wall threats throughout the whole game, Calm Mind is there for boosting and actually letting Musharna go offensive as with no boosts Musharna hits like a paperball, therefore Calm Mind was an perfect solution.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Sppd, -Atk)
    Volt Switch | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power [Ice] | Trick

Last up is my revenge killer Rotom-F, what it does is (lol) obviously as I said revenge kill, but that is not only what it does Rotom also helps me beat the pink blobs with Trick which can help me out from sticky situations; Like for example lets say that my Skuntank is dead, and there is an Musharna setting up on me, I can easely just trick him and start shitting all over his Musharna with my own. Thunderbolt is his main go to STAB late game having amazing offensive coverage on its own, Volt Switch is amazing as my team loves momentum and can easely take advantage of it. Hidden Power [Ice] is choosed over Blizzard due to its awful accuracy and this move nearly never see use anyway.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Conclusion:

So that was my team not much more too say here, other than that this team can handle every playstyle and has great team matchups nearly all of the time which is crucial in this metagame. Well other than that thank you for taking your time, leave a rate down below and have a nice day.
  2. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Salon Maidenis a Past SPL Winner

this is pretty much the standard team for current nu and is very solid. the only suggestions i have to make are changing sawk's nature to jolly to outspeed adamant kangaskhan, gardevoir, and braviary, and running leftovers over rocky helmet on regirock, which helps a lot against the normal-types that dominate the current metagame. rocky helmet might be useful against zangoose, but most normal-types run earthquake and other contact pokemon such as sawk and samurott will straight up ohko you (the latter needs a boost) so rocky helmet is not that useful in my opinion. the gradual healing you get is very important when pivoting in regirock against the various things that it walls.
  3. Bluwing

Bluwing

Thank you for the rate FLCL !
    Leftovers over Rocky Helmet on Regirock seems to work better when actually thinking over it, also Jolly Sawk sounds smart, ill try those changes out.
  4. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Hey BROStime, you've got a pretty great team. A few optional things for your team are that if you shift the 4 HP EVs to Defense and give it 29 HP IVs on Ludicolo then you hit a Life Orb number, and thus limit the amount of recoil Ludicolo's taking. Also, if you change Musharna's spread to 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef you can hit a Leftovers number and get back an optimal amount of HP every turn at the cost of a negligible amount of bulk. Also, FLCL's rates were pretty good, so you should take those as well. Anyways, nice team, you get a luvdisc from me :)
  5. Bluwing

Bluwing

Thanks for the rate and luvdisc Audiosurfer !
    Your changes are very optional and probably wont have to much inflict in my battles, but I still see the point and they can indeed be usefull so thank you anyway.
  6. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i didn't really know what to suggest for this team at first, but i think there are a few things you can try.

your biggest issues here are psychic-types and haunter, especially destiny bond variants that can lure in and KO skuntank to open up a huge hole in your team. gardevoir is especially threatening too, because it pretty much outpaces a majority of your team and nabs a 2HKO on everything; to handle it better, you can try out a jolly nature on skuntank. that'll allow you to get the jump on gardevoir before it pulls off another attack or destiny bond; the issue here is that you'll lose out on some power to hurt musharna significantly, so this is up to you.

my other suggestion would be to replace regirock with metang. it's not as powerful as regirock, but the quad-psychic resistance is extremely helpful to your team so that skuntank isn't pulling all the weight for you. this will give you an even better buffer against the "psychic spam" teams that are running around. it still carries similar resistances that regirock provided so that you can still have a check to normal- and flying-types.

[​IMG] metang @ eviolite | clear body
    adamant nature | 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 def
    stealth rock / toxic / meteor mash / light screen or earthquake
  7. Bluwing

Bluwing

Thanks for the rate ium !
    Well Haunter with D-Bond can be a problem, but it is handable and Jolly Skuntank will lose to him anyway. Gardevoir as well can be threathening, but making Sawk Jolly it will be easier to handle and Regirock can paralyze it which makes it even easier for me to handle it. Next up is your suggestion Metang, well Metang looks cool, but it loses to SubBU Braviary which Regirock actually can beat with Rock Slide + Thunder Wave (Provided Rock Slide hits) which is why Regirock is very important for my team, other than that thanks for the rate!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)