Basic Elements (Coded - Need Host Server)

Food for thought: Meloetta using Relic Song is no longer completely retarded, since it's now a decent type.

Amusingly, Grassy Terrain boosts and weakens Bulldoze, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Net result: 75% base damage.

Also I just noticed that you didn't answer about Electrify and Ion Deluge. Does Electrify just do nothing, like Trick Or Treat, or does it convert moves to Fire? And does Ion Deluge just work like the -ate Abilities in terms of targeting ex-Normal moves?
I'd say they'd be useless. Simply assume all the other types never existed. In the end, it won't amount to much confusion. Nobody will consider even using those moves.

Approved by Eevee General
Basic Elements

Grandpa, grandpa! It's time for you to tell me the story of Basic Elements again!

Hoho, you never grow tired of hearing it. Sure, love. Let us take a stroll.

What is Basic Elements, grandpa?

Basic Elements is the folklore of a world long gone (Metagame) where only the Grass, Fire and Water Elements (Types) existed. Elementals (Pokémon) who were born with characteristics of other imperfect elements toiled to master their senses and fuse into one, sometimes two, of the three Basic Elements.

How does Fusion work?

Historians of the Elemental Era were able to observe and record the mystery of fusion. They made inscriptions of what Element(s) a baby Elemental will fuse into depending on its current imperfect Element. They also made brief notes on the possible reasons these fusions happened the way they did.

Fire - Flying, Fighting, Electric, Dragon, Ghost (The Element Fire is often related with energy and assertiveness)

Water - Ice (Ice is of course, crystallized water), Normal, Fairy, Psychic and Dark (The Element Water is often related to emotion and intuition)

Grass - Ground, Rock, Steel, Poison, Bug (Made from Earth and/or components of Earth.)

What else does Fusion do?

It just happened so that Fusion also changed the Attacking Element of the Elemental.

An Elemental using the imperfect Ice Elemental Attack was able to use the same Attack as a Water Elemental Attack after achieving fusion. Imperfect Fighting Elementals are famed for training atop mountains day and night until they unlocked their inner spirit and became Fire Elementals. Rarely did Grass Elementals have trouble fusing, but some imperfect Rock and Steel Elementals would wander around unforgiving desert and forest landscapes for hours on end to achieve fusion.

Is it possible to know the Elements of all the Elementals?

A famous sect of Johto farseers were able to predict the Elemental distribution of all Elementals to have ever set foot on the universe, tabulated them and locked them away with the incredible magic spell called Ekzel, until recently the tablet was excavated in pristine condition.

Basic Elements Elemental Tablet (Chart): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YQgK4Y9iKqvwL2p9cXtZLbT7a6DkwGuwAbZdXun1OHA/pubhtml (Published Google Spreadsheet. Use Control + F for find specific Pokémon. Google has messed up the Merge Formatting, otherwise it's up-to-date and thorough).

Tell me about the War of the Elementals!

A very old and noble woman in our lineage set out to find a single hope amidst a world full of chaos. What ensued became the legend and war stories we tell even to this day.

Water. Grass. Fire. Long ago, the three Elementals lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Elementals attacked.

Only Protean, master of all three Elements, could stop them.

But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Protean, a Water Elemental named Froakie.

And although his Water Elemental skills are great, he has a lot to learn before saving anyone.

But I believe Froakie can save the world.

Is it possible to know about the battles and wars of the Elemental Era again?

Hmm.. I am not sure about this one. Legend has it that two powerful black magic sects called the Koders and the Hosters can work together to recreate the battles before naked eyes, just as they happened thousands of year ago. I hope as much as you do that I come across such a miracle in my lifetime.

Well, that's it for today! Off to bed we go. Maybe tomorrow we'll happen upon some Koders. And maybe some day after, the Hosters.
How long did it take you to create this OP? Was it even worth the extra effort?

I have to say though, I like this metagame's concept. Just ban Frogadier (lol) and this is balanced.

How long did it take you to create this OP? Was it even worth the extra effort?

I have to say though, I like this metagame's concept. Just ban Frogadier (lol) and this is balanced.
Not very long. I already had it planned in my head. You're the one who's supposed to say whether it was worth it.

And as I said, all restrictions will occur once the Meta is coded and hosted.

All righty then.

----

Two notable walls are Miltank and Azumarill -with Sap Sipper the only thing that does better than ineffective damage on them is Freeze Dry, barring Mold Breaker. Miltank in particular gets Milk Drink. And since Toxic is Grass type, you can't hit them with Toxic without Mold Breaker. This is rather huge in a meta where type-based immunity to Toxic doesn't exist: Skarmory, for instance, has no protection from Toxic. Same for Ferrothorn.

More importantly...

Top threat: Shedinja

It's Fire/Grass. This means...

-It has no weaknesses. Not even Freeze Dry hits it super effectively.

-It's immune to Will O Wisp.

-It's immune to Leech Seed.

Note that if it is Baton Passed a Substitute, there are only two things in the entire game that can deal with it: Roar/Whirlwinding it out, and Mold Breakers attacking it. (There is no sound move that can get damage done to it -I guess a Pokemon with Bad Dreams+Sing would work, but that doesn't exist) I might be forgetting something, but I'm 100% confident that it's difficult to kill.

Meanwhile it can kill everything in the game with Swords Dance/Shadow Claw/Return/Toxic, basically.

Overcentralizing as heck, in short.

All righty then.

----

Two notable walls are Miltank and Azumarill -with Sap Sipper the only thing that does better than ineffective damage on them is Freeze Dry, barring Mold Breaker. Miltank in particular gets Milk Drink. And since Toxic is Grass type, you can't hit them with Toxic without Mold Breaker. This is rather huge in a meta where type-based immunity to Toxic doesn't exist: Skarmory, for instance, has no protection from Toxic. Same for Ferrothorn.

More importantly...

Top threat: Shedinja

It's Fire/Grass. This means...

-It has no weaknesses. Not even Freeze Dry hits it super effectively.

-It's immune to Will O Wisp.

-It's immune to Leech Seed.

Note that if it is Baton Passed a Substitute, there are only two things in the entire game that can deal with it: Roar/Whirlwinding it out, and Mold Breakers attacking it. (There is no sound move that can get damage done to it -I guess a Pokemon with Bad Dreams+Sing would work, but that doesn't exist) I might be forgetting something, but I'm 100% confident that it's difficult to kill.

Meanwhile it can kill everything in the game with Swords Dance/Shadow Claw/Return/Toxic, basically.

Overcentralizing as heck, in short.
You outed my secret tech >:(

Honestly, I'm gonna be running a Sap Sipper / Water Absorb / Flash Fire core, Shedinja, and two Mold Breakers. The core to wall the non-Mold Breaker meta to hell and back with the right switches, Shedinja to just wreak havoc whenever hazards aren't up and maybe support the team a bit, and Mold Breakers to deal with other people who feel like abusing immunity abilities. It almost feels like a setup like this is necessary for handling what this meta has to offer.

Mold Breakers are of course going to be important in the metagame, seeing as now they counter the immunity abilities and Shedinja. We'll see if Shedinja is really over-centralizing. Sturdinja is also over-centralizing in BH, but there are enough things to deal with it. As I said, no bans/restrictions until the meta is hosted.

I hate Natural Gift. So much hate.

On a more positive note, interesting stuff I've been noticing...

-Trick and Switcheroo are both blocked by Water-immunity Abilities. In conjunction with Knock Off being Water typed (Not to mention Thief and Covet), it's nearly impossible to actually take away a Pokemon's item if it has Water immunity. Additionally, Water immunity protects against Entrainment and Skill Swap, though not Worry Seed or Gastro Acid. (That's Sap Sipper) So it can be a bit of a nuisance to clear the way to removing the item if you don't skip straight to Mold Breaker Knock Off or some such. (Note that only Pangoro, Pinsir, Sawk and Throh get both Knock Off and Mold Breaker -Rampardos provides a Thief Mold Breaker, but that's actually it for other Pokemon that can Mold Breaker through Water immunity to clear your item, barring specific cases like using Inferno to destroy a Berry or Gem. There's also Magician [Hoopa, Delphox] and Pickpocket [Weavile, Shiftry, Barbaracle] as alternate Abilities to clear items, but they're more niche, and Hoopa isn't released yet anyway) For that matter, so's Topsy-Turvy!

-Sap Sipper blocks all hazards from being set. Yes, all of them. Just switch in Miltank on Galvantula and laugh. (Unless Showdown handles absorbing Abilities differently from, say, Magic Bounce, in a way that matters here)

-Rain has been notably nerfed -both Hurricane and Thunder are Fire type and therefore useless in Rain. Thunder is arguably just plain useless (I guess Galvantula in Sun might be neat), but Hurricane has the notable user Mega Pidgeot -spam Sun-boosted Hurricane all day!

----

Almost done with the code, hopefully.

-Sap Sipper blocks all hazards from being set. Yes, all of them. Just switch in Miltank on Galvantula and laugh. (Unless Showdown handles absorbing Abilities differently from, say, Magic Bounce, in a way that matters here)
If this is the case, Excadrill is going to be a staple. Mold Breaker Stealth Rock so you can actually lay down hazards against Sap Sipper. Mold Breaker Rapid Spin so you can actually remove hazards against Water Absorb/Dry Skin/whatever.

This is turning out to be more complex than I had originally presumed. I kind of love it, but I'm afraid new comers may not.

Done!

http://pastebin.com/Uenre6iQ

This is where Snaquaza pops in to say "now hosted on Aqua!" and then later informs me my code totally did not work as-is and he fixed it first

This is turning out to be more complex than I had originally presumed. I kind of love it, but I'm afraid new comers may not.
I like it. It's simple, but with enormous implications. I like metas like that. It's why I volunteered to code it. That, and find>replace does 90% of the work.

Edit: Yes my code did not in fact work. I have uploaded a corrected version.

Last edited:
Done!

http://pastebin.com/K16d2JqN

This is where Snaquaza pops in to say "now hosted on Aqua!" and then later informs me my code totally did not work as-is and he fixed it first

I like it. It's simple, but with enormous implications. I like metas like that. It's why I volunteered to code it. That, and find>replace does 90% of the work.
Tagging Ghoul King to inform that there seems to be a problem with the code. Snaquaza tried to host in on Aqua and there were errors popping up every time I tried to challenge him.

Also Tagging Slayer95 and Pikachuun to kindly look into the code and weed off errors if any.

Your help is most appreciated! :heart:

Ffffff only now noticed that I have Judgment's base type set to Dark rather than Water. I don't think it matters, but I thought I'd caught all those. (There's a story there, and nobody cares)

And I have a formatting error with Mega Charizard Y, though that's the only one I'm finding.

Other than those I honestly don't know enough Javascript to say what's wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the problem is my kludge of only using a partial type chart -for all I know Showdown hates that and wants a full type chart, which I could handle, it would just be a bit tedious. Either that or my kludge solution for -ate Abilities. Or both.

What kinds of errors, though? I'm guessing from your framing the battle wasn't even willing to start at all?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ffffff only now noticed that I have Judgment's base type set to Dark rather than Water. I don't think it matters, but I thought I'd caught all those. (There's a story there, and nobody cares)

And I have a formatting error with Mega Charizard Y, though that's the only one I'm finding.

Other than those I honestly don't know enough Javascript to say what's wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the problem is my kludge of only using a partial type chart -for all I know Showdown hates that and wants a full type chart, which I could handle, it would just be a bit tedious. Either that or my kludge solution for -ate Abilities. Or both.

What kinds of errors, though? I'm guessing from your framing the battle wasn't even willing to start at all?
He doesn't know, since I told him. Anyway I fixed an error with Kangaskhan-Mega for example. But many, many more kept popping up. Look at Kangaskhan-Mega's code for an example. Steelix-Mega was formatted as SteelMega as well, though I Don't know any other example by heart.

If you're referring to Mega name formatting generally, I just went off the way Showdown internally represents it all as "nameMega" with optionally an X or Y at the end for Charizard etc. If you're not referring to that, I'm honestly not sure what the error for Mega Kangaskhan you're referring to it.

Also wow I really did write "SteelMega". How did I miss that.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Code:
this.modData('Pokedex','Kangaskhan').types=['Water'];
this.modData('Pokedex','KangaskhanMega'.types=['Water'];
this.modData('Pokedex','Starmie').types=['Water'];
That's the code for KangaskhanMega and the Pokemon around it that you put in. It's not a large mistake, but you forgot the ) after KangaskhanMega', like there is after Kangaskhan and Starmie. I fixed this one, but there were many more if I remember correctly, and while I can understand you accidentally making these small mistakes, they still prevent the entire code from working.

Ah. I'm somewhat surprised to see the Javascript formatting feedback thing doesn't show any difference between the two -I had tons of mistakes in my first upload (There's a reason the Pastebin is labeled 1.3. Note that I started from a simple 1) that the formatting made obvious existed, so I already fixed a bunch of mistakes, but this is virtually invisible.

I've additionally discovered these errors.

-Same mistake for Mega Sceptile. And I have the type part end with a ) when it should be a ]!

-Also missed it on Mega Glalie.

-And I have Deoxys-Water Forme. Yeah.

-Missed the ; at the end of Fletchling's code. Thought I'd caught all those.

I'm editing my original post to link to "1.4", where I've fixed all the mistakes I've found/you've pointed out.

Also I really need to make a team for this myself.

EDIT: Team made, and also I only just discovered the OP has been edited to alter the story and credit me with the code. Thanks DinaIsha!

Last edited:
Well, I already edited the previous post, but hey I can provide the link again.

http://pastebin.com/Uenre6iQ

I actually popped into Aqua yesterday, and apparently Snaquaza was studying and probably is studying today too, so I'm not expecting any opportunity until Wednesday.

But when I get a battle I'll save the replay and post it here.

Can I just say, that this is the single most glorious OP I have ever seen. Thank you Dinalsha , you've just made my life. lol, Sableye has 0 weaknesses again (barring freeze-dry I guess). Classic. Also magic bounce, just in case things weren't confusing enough, with sap sipper blocking hazards too. Unfortunately, weaknesses aren't really a thing, so this meta will likely be VERY defensive. Which I hate. I'm going to love this meta tho- I actually invisioned something a lot like it a while back. Thank you. This is beautiful

I don't think it'll be defensive at all. Offense gets all the coverage it needs. Defense players will have to predict good enough to last. Something like a banded Kyurem-B is a terror to face.

I don't think it'll be defensive at all. Offense gets all the coverage it needs. Defense players will have to predict good enough to last. Something like a banded Kyurem-B is a terror to face.
That's very true, but also when lots of stuff have zero weaknesses, certain walls are gonna have some fun. Interestingly, bulky ice types (ie, the stupidest things ever) are suddenly bulky water types (the most annoying things ever). Lol, they are still weak to rocks though. Articuno could have some actual use here, it's got a cool fire/ water typing, though it has no means of burning, sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)