ORAS Ubers Baton Pass Crazy!

Hi everyone, this is Findtheduck with my first rmt! This is a 100% pure grade A Baton Pass crazy team that is fun and infuriating at the same time(depends on how you look at it). Without further ado, let's get started!
Note: I have no experience with rmt, so there are no images. We apologize for the inconvenience, and would appreciate some help.
Teambuilding
I started off with the idea of a baton pass team. After some thought, I decided on sweepers M-Diancie and Latios(soul dew).
These two needed sp. attack help. A great nasty plot passer is Sp.def. Celebi, so I added that as well.
But what if Celebi died? And where is hazard control? I didn't want/need a rapid spinner or defogger, so I chose Espeon. As frail as it is, I love Magic Bounce and it provides me with a switch in to Darkrai(granted, if darkrai predicted the switch and used pulse instead of void, that would be a problem)
Now, Latios and Diancie are fairly fast, but with ORAS and loads of new megas, they can't compete well. Besides, with E-killer Arceus and Darkrai running loose in Ubers, no one is safe. So we need to baton pass speed to them, so the speed passers I chose were Blaziken and Jolteon. Jolteon is frail, but with Thunder wave, it can stop Xerneas, Greninja, and Darkrai, to name a few. Blaziken is pretty self-explanatory.

The Team

M-Diancie@Diancite
Ability:Clear Body(Magic Bounce)
EVs: 252 SpA, 248 Spe, 8 Atk
Mild Nature
Moves:
Diamond Storm
Moonblast
Earth Power
Hidden Power Fire

The main sweeper of the team, M-Diancie is the receiver of Baton Pass. I needed a mega anyway, and what better than to pick my favorite mega that's not banned? (Mega Rayquaza is preferred, but oh well) It's a great check to Darkrai and any legendary dragons. Diamond Storm is STAB and can catch Kyogre easily. Moonblast is STAB and can knock out most opponents. Earth Power is coverage and is decent for Dialga, Jirachi, and other Steel types not named Ferrothorn and Scizor, who I have HP fire for.

Calculation: +2 8 Atk M-Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP 0 Def Primal Kyogre:357-420 (104.3-122.8%) guaranteed OHKO

Latios@Soul Dew
Ability:Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
Moves:
Dragon Pulse/ Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Surf/Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire

If Toxic Spikes are up, I screw Diancie and make Latios my sweeper instead. Soul Dew is for obvious sweeping reasons. I want no Atk, for fear of Foul Play. Modest Nature is for hitting hard, as there is little to outspeed Latios after +2 boost. Dragon STAB for the first slot. I hate using Draco Meteor, as it hits hard but destroys my Baton Pass hard work. Draco Meteor stills gets the work done, though. Psyshock is for hitting pink blobs. Surf and Thunderbolt is your choice, but I prefer Surf to screw Heatran. HP fire is, again, for hitting Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Celebi@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 SpD, 36 Spe, 248 HP
Calm Nature
Moves:
Nasty Plot
Baton Pass
Giga Drain/Heal Bell
Substitute
My nasty plot passer, Celebi is an excellent Special Defensive Wall: so much that it got moved to OU. Excellent move pool, great stats, and a great Baton Passer. EVs are for outspeeding Jolly Bisharp. Nasty Plot is for obvious reasons. Baton Pass is self explanatory.Take your pick between Giga and Heal Bell, but I prefer Giga Drain, as this team has little need for a cleric. Substitute is for Baton Passing.

Espeon@Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 SpA
Timid Nature
Moves:
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Baton Pass
Wish/ HP fire

Ah, Espeon. You are one of my favorite Pokemon, but you got moved down to UU. Still, Espeon is frail as hell, but it's there for Forretress, Klefki, and Darkrai. Calm Mind is for Baton Passing. Psyshock is for hitting blobs, and Wish is for support, while HP fire is for Forretress and Klefki. I guess you could replace it with Sylveon, but I already have a SpD wall, and I need Prankster control.

Jolteon@ Focus Sash
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 SpA
Timid Nature
Moves:
Agility
Baton Pass
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt

What is a reliable Agility passer? Not Jolteon, but it gets the job done. Agility and Baton Pass need little explanation. Thunder Wave is for crippling Greninja, Arceus, and Xerneas. Thunderbolt is for STAB and to make sure Taunt doesn't screw it up. Jolteon is unreliable, frail, and replaceable, but I can't think of what to replace it with. Any ideas?

Blaziken@ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
Moves:
Protect
Baton Pass
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance

Jolteon is frail and unreliable, so Mr. Blaziken came to the rescue. By the way, did you happen to notice the calculation under M- Diancie, and notice the +2? Yep, Blaziken was there. To power up Diamond Storm, Blaziken gave a Swords Dance to it. Protect is for stall, Baton pass is for obvious reasons, and Flare Blitz is for smashing into things.

Threat List
Primal Groudon: Oh, do I hate this thing. This is the número uno threat here. Diancie can kill it with Earth Power, but Baton Passing is about as easy as nailing Jello to the wall.

White Kyurem: Many people that use White Kyurem lead with it, which annoys me. I have to lead with Jolteon and Thunder Wave it, which costs me time. It is annoying, powerful, and I have few counters ready for it.

Scizor: Bullet Punch will f*ck up Diancie. Whenever I see one, I use Latios instead. End of story.

Threat Moves:
Dragon Tail, Whirlwind, etc. Does this need explanation?

Acid Spray: I hate passing the drop, and though few Pokemon use it, I still hate it.

Gyro Ball: Agility multiplies your speed by 2. If the opponent can predict my Diancie pass and use Gyro Ball, there goes my sweeper.

Trick Room: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU..........

Replay!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-215733880
Thank you, and plz rate!

Hi.
Alrite,I'm gonna tell you something,Don't expect much people rating this team because baton pass is not really something any rater would put effort in rating.First of all it contradicts the competitive aspect of Ubers tier.It's also so much mach up dependent and frail and usually just work on not very experienced players.Like lets say you were able to pass to Latios. If the opponent has Yveltal he will just come in and sucker punch kill it.And you might not be able to pass again.So at least run substitute on Latios .Like I don't know how to say it dude but i advice to read analysis of pokes of Ubers and make proper teams belonging to a certain archetype is always better than making extremely mach up and opponents level depending teams.
Don't take it bad bro It's just a friendly advice.with these kind of teams no improvement will happen.

Hi.
Alrite,I'm gonna tell you something,Don't expect much people rating this team because baton pass is not really something any rater would put effort in rating.First of all it contradicts the competitive aspect of Ubers tier.It's also so much mach up dependent and frail and usually just work on not very experienced players.Like lets say you were able to pass to Latios. If the opponent has Yveltal he will just come in and sucker punch kill it.And you might not be able to pass again.So at least run substitute on Latios .Like I don't know how to say it dude but i advice to read analysis of pokes of Ubers and make proper teams belonging to a certain archetype is always better than making extremely mach up and opponents level depending teams.
Don't take it bad bro It's just a friendly advice.with these kind of teams no improvement will happen.
Thanks for the advice! this is my first rmt, but thanks anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)