Baton Pass - The Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
k thanks im just messing around with it. It won't be my main team or anything. Infernape starts are destroying the 3rd team
I've done ok against them, Agility w/ Zapdos, Pass to Vaporeon (Vaporeon has scarred them off for me so far =/).

I now have a logged battle for the 3rd team to help show how it functions with all it's concepts being used, the battle was obviously longer than it had to be but that's only because I wanted to show you everything the team can do and how it does it.

good team my trick room team got annihalated by this yeah just watch out for when people use trickroom to outspeed you i have to yet perfect the art of trick room im still on my testing stages i just don't know what to do with it though xD lol

From the matches I saw, Vaporeon doesn't do much aside from help against Infernapes, and notice I say help. At minimum Roar can be changed. At a maximum, you may consider replacing it with Tentacruel running Toxic Spikes. Not only would it deal with Infernape but the Toxic can take its tole on the opponent while you set up. The obvious downfall is it can't pass, but if you get its job done early then your set. Another idea would be an extra sweeper/trapper, Absol comes to mind.

You could try it if you want, just commenting on what I saw.

From the matches I saw, Vaporeon doesn't do much aside from help against Infernapes, and notice I say help. At minimum Roar can be changed. At a maximum, you may consider replacing it with Tentacruel running Toxic Spikes. Not only would it deal with Infernape but the Toxic can take its tole on the opponent while you set up. The obvious downfall is it can't pass, but if you get its job done early then your set. Another idea would be an extra sweeper/trapper, Absol comes to mind.

You could try it if you want, just commenting on what I saw.
Ya I really don't like the idea of Tentacruel, it would screw up the chain alot if I am ever forced to go to it.

Ok so if I'm gonna use a trapper my 2 best choices are:

Absol @ Leftovers
Jolly - Super Luck
4 Hit Points/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Sucker Punch
Taunt
Umbreon @ Chople Berry
Careful - Synchronize
252 Hit Points/ 92 Special Defense/ 164 Speed
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Taunt
Wish
But which one is the best? Absol has more Speed while Umbreon has more Defense and such. Umbreon can take I BELIEVE any 1 Fighting Type move with that berry, allowing me to make the trap.

-Matt

Depends on which your looking for, a defensive or an offensive passer. Umbreon has its ups in the fact that its a sturdy Pokemon, but if its your last Pokemon you'll be left to die. Absol, while not being as sturdy, can dish out hits and serve as a psuedo-sweeper while Medicham is out.

Depends on which your looking for, a defensive or an offensive passer. Umbreon has its ups in the fact that its a sturdy Pokemon, but if its your last Pokemon you'll be left to die. Absol, while not being as sturdy, can dish out hits and serve as a psuedo-sweeper while Medicham is out.
I think I'm gonna try Umbreon 1st since it seems to be more stable and consistent choice, but I'll be sure to try both. Another option is Encore Mr. Mime....but not so sure about him.

A pokemon carrying haze (though rare) could really create a problem for this team. Otherwise, I like the Gliscor lead set.

Good work with this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)