Batpig's VGC Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Sorry guys, I'm a bit late getting this up but midterms have been coming at me nonstop so I haven't really gotten a chance to do it.

Before I get started though, here's a rundown of zerowing's team.

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Dark Void
- Detect
- Fake Out
- Transform

Dusknoir (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 80 Spd / 60 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Imprison
- Protect
- Shadow Punch
- Trick Room

Lapras (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Dynamicpunch
- Protect
- Rock Slide

It plays as both an anti-TR and a TR team depending on the leads. What I didn't get to showcase much through the tournament was the sexiness of Transform Smeargle. Check here to see zerowing's description of the team

Saturday, May 16th 2009

Unlike many, I didn't have to make a long trip beforehand in order to get to the tournament. My alarm went off at around 8 in the morning and I left the house with my brother at around 8:30 and got to City Beach around 8:40.

After being severely disappointed with the lack of hot girls attending one of the largest Pokemon events in the area, we went inside and waited in line to get in. After maybe about 30 seconds, a familiar tune filled the room and I knew it was gonna be a good day. Whooooooooaaaaaaa LIVIN' ON A PRAYERRR

After some mingling with the workers and some players and getting my badass OCTILLERY wrist band, the Pokemon decided to come out and have some fun.

While waiting around we met this one kid named Dinakar and we hung out with him and talked about shit for a while. Soon after, the announcer came out and announced that the draw would be posted in a few minutes but not after we had a POKEMON DANCE PARTY!

After grinding with Chimchar, I was pretty exhausted but Dinakar was pretty pumped and noticed that the draw posted. Dinakar and I both got in and chilled around in line till we got our match cards. Noticing that the the people had written "Dinuker" on the match card, my brother and I decided that we would call me little padawan DA NUKES for the rest of the day. And this is where the battles start.

Battle 1

Looking back, I don't think I had been that nervous in a long time. I was sweating bullets before my first battle and had issues putting my cartridge in the machine. As we got rolling though, I saw his leads [Gengar and Azelf] and decided it would be good to set up a trick room. After a couple turns of putting things to sleep and switching out, I ended up having Lapras and Machamp out against his Salamence. I was expecting to Ice Beam the Salamence, but in an unexpected move, his Salamence FLEW UP HIGH. Remembering skarm falling to Flyquaza, I decided it would be wise to PROTECT with Machamp and took the win from there.

Battle 2

What I remember from this battle was seeing another Azelf/Gengar lead and setting up a trick room and having Machamp clean up the match by Rock Sliding everything. It was a little bit hazy other than that. After congratulating my opponent on a well fought battle, I advanced to the YELLOW ZONE.

Battle 3

The video for this battle can be found here. I was afraid of Weavile and Gengar KO'ing Dusknoir so I decided it'd be a good idea to FAKE OUT Weavile which paid off immensely. After setting up the TR and getting all set up it was only a matter of wearing down my opponent with PRINCE SONG and BUI. At the end, it came down to Machamp DYNAMIC PUNCHing Registeel to seal me a trip to the semifinals. OOOOOOOOOHHHH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE

SEMIFINALS
Quickly, I called zerowing to tell how how far I had made it and headed over to the finalists lounge

After waiting for maybe 5 minutes I saw that DA NUKES had made it to the semifinals too and met up with Siddarth in the lounge. We got to talking about a battle we had had the night before, though he didn't know it was me. After chilling for a bit with NUKES they began to lead us out for the semifinals.

Battle 4
Again, it was another Gar/Zelf lead and I set up the trick room again. After taking out Gengar and putting Azelf to sleep, I was faced with a Salamence and a Sleeping Azelf against my Machamp and Smeargle. Not wanting to switch Smeargle out, I put Salamence to sleep and decided that I would TRANSFORM into the Mence. Smeargle's Draco Meteor made quick work of both Zelf and Mence and Machamp took care of Blissey with DYNAMIC PUNCH.

Battle 5
My opponent was Edgar (you can check the main thread for his war story). He lead with Toxicroak and Empoleon. Not knowing exactly what to do against these leads, I decided I'd FAKE OUT Toxicroak to get my TR off. From there I don't remembering much else besides putting things to sleep and picking them off slowly.

At this point, I saw that DA NUKES had been knocked out of the tournament and was pretty sad to see him lose, though I would have had to face him next which might have been bad news for me.

Focused between battles.

Battle 6
Mikey ran an INTIMIDATE team which thankfully didn't affect my team too much. He lead with Staraptor and Gyrados for double intimidate. Fearing TAUNT, I decided to FAKE OUT Gyrados and take a BRAVE BIRD from Staraptor which took out too much of my Dusknoir's health for me to be happy with. From there, I set up the TR, and put both Pokemon to sleep and switched Lapras out to make quick work of the leading Pokemon. Faced with a Salamence to deal with, I decided to TRANSFORM into the Mence while Lapras took it out with Ice Beam. Draco Meteor left his Arcanine with a sliver of health and eventually I wore out the rest of his Pokemon.

Battle 7
This battle can be seen here. So I started off with FAKE OUT to prevent a TAUNT from Gyarados to set up my TR. After DARK VOID missed both Pokemon, I was expecting to see a TAUNT to prevent me from putting his Pokemon to sleep, but was pleasantly surprised when he DD'ed. After switching in Machamp and having both of his Pokemon in the red, I decided against Rock Slide because I didn't know if it would take out 'Gross. Realizing I could possibly be in a bad situation if something were to happen to my Pokemon, I decided to PERISH SONG in case anything happened.

Soon after the dust cleared, Vinh and I shook hands and I went through all the post tournament formalities. Photo-ops, paperwork, interviews and all that jazz.

Mikey and Sidd

Vinh, Mikey, Me, Sidd

Premature

See you guys in St Louis! WE'VE GOT EACH OTHER AND THATS ALOT!

Props:
-zerowing for providing me with the team and teaching me how to Pokeymans
-my bff Cynthia for providing me with the trainer name and nicknames that got every gay guy's attention
-Turtwig
-Mikey for his badass stache
-all of my opponents for some great matches
-Sidd for being awesome and brown
-PBB for recording the finals
-Bon Jovi for singing the BADASS theme for my day

Slops:
-lack of hot chicks
-room was filled with hot sweaty dudes
-DA NUKES for no making it to STL with me

WHOOOOOOOOOOOA LIVIN' ON A PRAYERRRRRRR

Hehe, another good writeup here. :) Well done!

I bet when Jersey, Warstories will flood the forum since about 13 of us are going. What's the chance of all of us making it to St. Louis? :pimp:

The only thing that worries me is the Lottery at the start..

EDIT: More props for Livin on a Prayer plz!

Haha, I love how the smogoners keep sweeping the floor with the opposition at these events.

Thanks for writing this up for us btw, and congratulations on your win. I wish you the best of luck in St Louis.

Great warstory Huy, can't wait to see you again in St. Louis.

I still can't believe zero hooked us up without even telling me it was you who I was battling batpig!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great warstory batpig lol well done on winning, good luck in St. Louis.

Dang, I want to try out Intimidate now. Arcanine/Luxray/Staraptor/Gyarados = epic pwnage of legendary levels!

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)