Battle at the ASB Arena in the spring! Complications vs. Pwnemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go! A training battle between two newer players is about to begin here in the ASB arena, but the fickle spring weather is looking to interfere! How will the rapidly-changing weather affect the trainers and their strategies? Let's find out! Here are the rules for the battle!

2 v 2 NFE Singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills
DQ: 48 Hours
Abilities: All
Switch: KO
Items: On
Substitutions: 1 per turn

We're here at the ASB arena as usual, but the weather is a bit wonky today! At the beginning of each round, a random weather effect will come into play. With each weather, there is a 25% chance that a Castform will appear, knowing only Weather Ball. It will attack each trainer once per round, and whoever KOs it gets an additional KO counter. The Castform has a Hardy nature and no item.

And of course, we have to know what Pokemon will be squaring off today!

Complications:

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)

Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +29% ACC)

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 92 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 1/9
MC: 0

Attacks:
Hypnosis (*)
Lick (*)
Spite (*)
Mean Look (*)
Curse (*)
Night Shade (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Sucker Punch (*)
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond

Perish Song (*)
Disable (*)
Clear Smog (*)

Dream Eater (*)
Will-O-Wisp (*)
Sludge Bomb (*)

Staryu (Soundwave) (Genderless)

Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +22% ACC)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Illuminate:
Type: Can be Activated
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released.
Command: (Ability: Illuminate)

Natural Cure:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analytic: (DW) (Locked)
Type: Innate
If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 98 (+)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)

Surf (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)

Aurora Beam (*)
Barrier (*)
Supersonic (*)

VS.

Pwnemon:

Embirch(*) Hot Potato (M)
Nature: Rash (+ SpA, - SpD)
Types: Grass / Fire
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
Atk: 2
Def: 2
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 1 (-)
Spe: 50
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Sweet Scent (*)
Growth (*)
Absorb (*)
Ember (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Bullet Seed (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Giga Drain (*)
Fire Spin(*)

Earth Power(*)
Counter(*)
Dragonbreath(*)

Sunny Day (*)
SolarBeam (*)
Fire Blast (*)

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
Nature: Impish (+ Def, -SpA)
Types: Ground / Flying
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Sand Veil:
(Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Hyper Cutter: (Innate) This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.
Immunity (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has an immensely strong immune response to venom and does not take poison damage when Poisoned. Toxic Poisoning will not do damage, however it will continue getting more severe.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 3
Def: 5 (+)
SpA: 1 (-)
SpD: 3
Spe: 85
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Poison Sting(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Harden(*)
Knock Off(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Fury Cutter(*)
Faint Attack(*)

Counter(*)
Cross Poison(*)
Night Slash(*)

Toxic(*)
Earthquake(*)
Taunt(*)

Here's how things will go! Complications will send out his first Pokemon, then Pwnemon will send out a Pokemon of his own and give his orders! Then Complications will give his orders, and I'll ref the round! Then Complications will order, Pwnemon will order, I will ref, and we'll keep going like that! Now then, without further ado, let's get going!

1) Complications sends out Pokemon
2) Pwnemon sends out Pokemon and orders
3) Complications orders
4) I ref
5) Complications orders
6) Pwnemon orders
7) I ref
8) 5-7 repeat with the order of 5 and 6 switching each time

Complications, you're up!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
okay well uh...

both of my mons are at a severe disadvantage vs that punk, but i know your Perish Song tricks so I'm going to send out Aerotoxin (Gligar!)

Okay Aero, first things first we need to keep this guy playing fair, so lead off with a Taunt! Follow up with a Faint Attack+Night Slash combo and then cooldown.

Taunt ~ Faint Attack+Night Slash ~ Cooldown

Substitution: If he goes for a Hypnosis on the first round, then Dodge and use Taunt, then Night Slash

Sub command (If hypnosis)

Dodge ~ Taunt ~ Night Slash

Did I do everything right?

You don't know all of my tricks, now do you?

Hypnosis-Shadow Ball-Disable
If Hypnosis misses A1, use Hypnosis A2 and Shadow Ball A3.
Thank god I though Gligar had base 95...

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
Energy: 100

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 5 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3

And here we go! Complications leads with Frenzy the Gastly while Pwnemon counters with Aerotoxin the Gligar! Frenzy wastes no time, trying to lull Aerotoxin to sleep with a Hypnosis, but Aerotoxin is a bit too fast and dodges just in time! However, he has no answer for Frenzy's second Hypnosis, and he falls into a deep sleep! While Aerotoxin sleeps, Frenzy takes advantage and fires a Shadow Ball at Aerotoxin, but the Gligar continues to sleep! Frenzy has taken an early advantage, but it's still anyone's game as now Complications must order first! And what's this? Is it just me or is it getting warmer in here? No, the sun is shining brightly!

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
Energy: 77

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 87
Energy: 95
Asleep (will wake next action)

Sun for 4 rounds

Action 1:
Aerotoxin used dodge -> 20 + (85 - 92) / 5 = 18.6% additional chance for the next attack against Aerotoxin this round to miss, 5 energy
Frenzy used Hypnosis
-> RNG roll to hit (1-7040 to hit) -> 9882 (miss)
Missed, 7 energy

Action 2:
Frenzy used Hypnosis
-> RNG roll to hit (1-8900 to hit) -> 7719 (hit)
-> RNG roll for duration (1-6667 1 action/6668-10000 2 actions) -> 7649 (2 actions)
7 + 4[Consecutive move use] = 11 energy, Aerotoxin put to sleep (2 actions)
Aerotoxin slept (1 action left)

Action 3:
Frenzy used Shadow Ball
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 1384 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to drop SpD (1-2000 to drop SpD) -> 3102 (no drop)
8[BP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.] = 12.5 damage, 5 energy
Aerotoxin slept (will wake next action)

Roll for weather (1=Sun, 2=Rain, 3=Sand, 4=Hail) -> 1 (Sun)
Roll for Castform (1=Castform) -> 3 (No Castform)

Okay, start off with a Confuse Ray and give him Monday-morning syndrome! Then let's cripple this overgrown bat with a Will-O-Wisp, and hit him hard with a Shadow Ball!
Confuse Ray-Will O Wisp-Shadow Ball
If Gligar uses Faint Attack, night Slash on A2, sub Shadow Ball for Torment A3.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i would roll intense sleep...

anyway, I hope confusion can't affect a sleeping mon because if it can then FUCK THE WORLD. Go for a Taunt when you wake up, then use Night Slash+Faint Attack on round two. that way we won't take any damage this round :D

Taunt ~ Faint Attack+Night Slash ~ Cooldown

if you hit yourself on turn 2, go for a Night Slash turn three instead.

Quick note here: I'm counting Confusion as 1/2/3 actions, because while the DAT says 2/3/4 actions, it also says that the counter goes down before acting, so really it's one less (ie a confused mon with 1 action left by the way the DAT does it would actually snap out on their next action). Therefore I'm doing it this way because I feel it makes more sense; if you have 1 action left then you have one more confusion check left. Also, since as far as I can tell Complications is trying to sub for two separate moves, and since it's just one sub per round this match, that's illegal and therefore ignored.

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
Energy: 77

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 87
Energy: 95
Asleep (will wake next action)

Alright, here we go! Not satisfied with the amount that he's already disrupted poor Aerotoxin, Frenzy throws a Confuse Ray at him, scrambling his brain and leaving him slightly confused! It isn't enough though, as the Gligar wakes up and uses Taunt! Frenzy tries to use Will-O-Wisp but fails because he's too enraged, and Aerotoxin takes advantage in a big way with a powerful Faint Slash after snapping out of confusion! Frenzy gets some measure of revenge with a Shadow Ball while Aerotoxin recovers from his combo, but suddenly things are looking a lot more even! As the sun continues to shine, who will come out ahead here?

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
HP: 68
Energy: 68
Taunted (4 actions)

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 74

Sun for 4 rounds

Action 1:
Frenzy used Confuse Ray
-> RNG roll for duration (1-3333 1 action/3334-6667 2 actions/6668-10000 3 actions) -> 636 (1 action)
4 energy, Aerotoxin slightly confused (1 action)
Aerotoxin woke up and used Taunt
-> RNG roll to hit self (1-5000 to hit self) -> 5259 (success)
10 energy, Frenzy taunted for 6 actions

Action 2:
Frenzy used Will-O-Wisp -> Failed due to Taunt
Aerotoxin snapped out of his confusion and used Faint Attack + Night Slash
-> RNG roll to crit (1-1250 to crit) -> 6078 (no crit)
(13[BP] + 1.5[Stat Dif.]) * 1.5[SE] = 21.75 damage, 16.5 energy

Action 3:
Frenzy used Shadow Ball
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 1574 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to drop SpD (1-2000 to drop SpD) -> 5813 (no drop)
8[BP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.] = 12.5 damage, 5 energy
Aerotoxin recovered from his combo

Roll for weather (1=Sun, 2=Rain, 3=Sand, 4=Hail) -> 1 (Sun)
Roll for Castform (1=Castform) -> 3 (No Castform)

Pwnemon, you're up!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Okay, that's good. Taunted and in power.

Chill ~ Faint Slash ~ cooldown
may as well crush him

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
HP: 68
Taunted (4 actions)

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 74

Frenzy decides to prepare something nasty for Aerotoxin, but the Gligar opts to chill and regain some energy. This gives Frenzy the chance he needs to strike hard with a Super Shadow Ball! However, Frenzy then needs to recover from his combo, which gives Aerotoxin the chance to prepare a nasty attack of his own; another Faint Slash that hits a weak point and scores a critical hit! Frenzy nailed Aerotoxin with another Shadow Ball while Aerotoxin recovered from his combo! The two Pokemon are still close in HP, but Frenzy is looking pretty exhausted after that combo!

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
HP: 42
Energy: 15
Taunted (1 action)

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 37
Energy: 63
Special Defense -1

Sand for 4 rounds

Action 1:
Aerotoxin used chill -> +12 energy
Frenzy used Shadow Ball + Shadow Ball
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 4429 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to drop SpD (1-4000 to drop SpD) -> 5247 (no drop)
18[BP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.] = 22.5 damage, (6+4+6+8)*2 = 48 energy

Action 2:
Frenzy recovered from his combo
Aerotoxin used Faint Attack + Night Slash
-> RNG roll to crit (1-1250 to crit) -> 952 (crit)
(13[BP] + 1.5[Stat Dif.] + 3[Crit]) * 1.5[SE] = 26.25 damage, 16.5 energy

Action 3:
Frenzy used Shadow Ball
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 5145 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to drop SpD (1-2000 to drop SpD) -> 945 (drop)
8[BP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.] = 12.5 damage, 5 energy, Aerotoxin's Special Defense -1
Aerotoxin recovered from his combo

Roll for weather (1=Sun, 2=Rain, 3=Sand, 4=Hail) -> 3 (Sand)
Roll for Castform (1=Castform) -> 4 (No Castform)

EDIT: Wow... I derped something fierce there -_- Everything should be good now, sorry for the trouble!

Okay, this is where things get dicey! (Prays for a hit)
Start off with Hypnosis! Follow up with chill and then Dream Eater!

Hypnosis-Chill-Dream Eater
If Hypnosis misses, sub Dream Eater for Destiny Bond.

Dammit, not on my game tonight... Complications, Gastly is Taunted for 1 more action; I forgot to put it back in after taking it out when I had him as KOed -_- You'll have to reorder, sorry :/

Okay, fixing.

Frenzy! Let's hit 'em hard with a Shadow Ball! Follow up with Chill, and then use Shadow Ball again!

Chill-Hypnosis-Dream Eater
If Hypnosis misses, sub Dream Eater for Shadow Ball.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
what the dicks is up with that?

eh whatever.

can you chill when you're taunted? I don't care either way, really.

Night Slash ~ Taunt ~ Night Slash

It's a non-damaging command, so no, you can't do while taunted.

Yes this means you have to reorder, then Pwnemon has to reorder.

Again.

*sigh*

D:

Ugh... I don't like how close this is, but I've got to do it.
Shadow Ball-Hypnosis-Chill

Important Note: I will be unable to post until Sunday at about 12:00 PM (-4:00 GMT) so I would like to request this battle paused until I can post again.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
well complications kills himself with the hypnosis.

which means gligar just has to live. Chill ~ Dodge ~ Chill

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
HP: 42
Energy: 15
Taunted (1 action)

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 37
Energy: 63
Special Defense -1

Frenzy continues to assault Aerotoxin, hitting him with a Shadow Ball despite the whirling sands, but Aerotoxin clearly knows something Frenzy doesn't and just chills! However, Aerotoxin realizes something bad is coming and tries to dodge, but Frenzy hunts him down and manages to put him to sleep with Hypnosis! It's just a light sleep this time, though, and Aerotoxin even gets the last laugh as that last move was too much for Frenzy, who faints from exhaustion! However, the sandstorm whirls away and is suddenly replaced by pouring rain as Complications replaces Frenzy with Soundwave the Staryu, and with Aerotoxin still sleeping things look dire for the little Gligar. While Pwnemon has drawn first blood, it's still anyone's game!

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)
HP: KO
Energy: KO

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 23
Energy: 70
Sleep (1 action)
Special Defense -1

Rain for 4 rounds

Action 1:
Frenzy used Shadow Ball
-> RNG roll to hit (1-8000 to hit) -> 6420 (hit)
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 3497 (no crit)
-> RNG roll to drop SpD (1-2000 to drop SpD) -> 5008 (no drop)
8[BP] + 3[STAB] + 1.5[Stat Dif.] + 1.75[Boost Dif.] = 14.25 damage, 5 + 4[Consecutive move use] = 9 energy
Aerotoxin used chill -> +12 energy

Frenzy -> 2 damage due to Sandstorm

Action 2:
Aerotoxin used dodge -> 20 + (85 - 92) / 5 = 18.6% additional chance for the next attack against Aerotoxin this round to miss, 5 energy
Frenzy used Hypnosis
-> RNG roll to hit (1-5632 to hit) -> 4510 (hit)
-> RNG roll for duration (1-6667/1 action, 6668-10000/2 actions) -> 6041 (1 action)
7 energy, Aerotoxin falls into a light sleep (1 action), Frenzy faints from exhaustion

Roll for weather (1=Sun, 2=Rain, 3=Sand, 4=Hail) -> 2 (Rain)
Roll for Castform (1=Castform) -> 4 (No Castform)

Pwnemon, you're up!

Are you sure the calculations were correct? I thought that Hypnosis costed seven and Shadow Ball costed 6, or the other way around, leaving me with two? (I have to leave in about 45 minutes or so, so I'll post again to let you knowp

Never mind, I just didn't realize that attacks from a previous round compounded

Sorry for the dp

Okay! Let's give him a hard time!
Let's activate Illuminate!
Surf-Ice Beam-Surf

Staryu (Soundwave) (U)
Spe: 98 (+22%)

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: 23
Energy: 70
Sleep (1 action)
Special Defense -1

Soundwave entered the battlefield and immediately Illuminated the entire field, blinding the still-sleeping Aerotoxin and lowering his accuracy! Then the Staryu went for the kill with a Surf, and thanks to the rain Aerotoxin was knocked out in one clean blow! However, the rain didn't stick around long, giving way to another whirling sandstorm! And this time, the weather brought along a Castform! With Hot Potato the Embirch coming out now, the stage is set for the end of this match! Who will pull it out?

Staryu (Soundwave) (U)
Spe: 98 (+22%)
Energy: 94

Gligar(*) Aerotoxin (F)
HP: KO
Energy: KO

Castform
Def: Rank 3
Spe: 70

Sand for 4 rounds

Illuminate -> -1 Accuracy for Aerotoxin

Action 1:
Soundwave used Surf
-> RNG roll to crit (1-625 to crit) -> 8253 (no crit)
(10[BP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Rain]) * 1.5[SE] + 1.75[Boost Dif.] = 25.75 damage, 6 energy, Aerotoxin KOed

Roll for weather (1=Sun, 2=Rain, 3=Sand, 4=Hail) -> 3 (Sand)
Roll for Castform (1=Castform) -> 1 (Castform)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)