Battle at the park! Flora vs. deadfox081! [WON BY FLORA]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon took a stroll down to the park, Skystrike perched on his shoulder. He watched the kids playing and the parents watching carefully, then noticed Flora and deadfox waiting for him. He greeted them, ready to ref another battle. As the trainers prepared, he went over the rules.

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ Time
0 recoveries/0 chills
However, he quickly noticed that some were missing! He called out to the trainers, "Hey guys, do you mind if I just make this Switch=KO, All abilities and no items?" They nodded, still busy preparing, so Brandon went ahead and looked around the park to see what the Pokemon could potentially use in the battle, as well as any arena-specific rules.

Arena: A children park outside. Some big trees and rocks spread at random locations. There's a playground with swings and all that kiddy stuff... but that's just there for no reason.

RULES: Play nicely! Respect each other!

Summary: What is not nice in THIS park: hitting each other for super effective damage, using Surf/Earthquake and moves related to that (Magnitude/Muddy Water/Bulldoze), and running away (as in quitting the match!). That's not nice. Also, it's not nice to use evolved or single-staged Pokemon (aka use pre-evos).

You also gotta say "gg" if you lose or win.

edited: added in some random rocks so that deadfox081 can Rock Slide... depending if he needs it against my Pokemon lol.
As the trainers were just about finished preparing, Brandon quickly looked over the teams.

Flora:

Budew (Marigold) (F)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk).

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Garbodor, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time. It goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.
Leaf Guard (DW): (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.

Attacks:
Absorb
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Worry Seed

Energy Ball
Venoshock
Shadow Ball

Extrasensory
Sleep Powder
Leaf Storm

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe).

Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. SolarBeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 43 (-)

EC: 7/9

Ability:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Attacks:
Pound
Sweet Scent
Growth
Ember
Leech Seed
Bullet Seed
Flame Wheel
Synthesis

Sunny Day
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Will-O-Wisp
Light Screen

Revenge
Counter
Earth Power

VS.

deadfox081:

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)

Type: Rock/Ground
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus..
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 25

EC: 0/9

Abilities:

Lighting Rod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.

Attacks:
Horn Attack (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Stomp (*)
Fury Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Rock Blast (*)

Earthquake (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Bulldoze (*)

Crunch (*)
Ice Fang (*)
Dragon Rush (*)

"Huh, looks like deadfox only sent one Pokemon! Weird, but I guess if he was planning to use it from the start then it doesn't really matter. Looks like regardless of what Flora picks she has a big advantage though!" Brandon saw that the trainers were ready, so he turned to them. "Ok guys, Flora will send out her Pokemon, deadfox will give orders, Flora will give orders and I'll figure out what happened. And whatever you do don't hurt the children!"

1. Flora sends out Pokemon
2. deadfox081 sends out Pokemon and issues actions
3. Flora issues actions
4. I ref
5. Flora issues actions
6. deadfox081 issues actions
7. I ref
8. 5-7 repeat with the order of 5 and 6 swapped each round

Flora, you're up!

If you guys want to change the items/abilities rules (obviously switch doesn't matter lol) that's fine by me, I just went with what is usually picked.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I'm going to severely handicap myself by going with Ginger the Embirch!

edit: wait I'm dumb lol. I just read the thread now. Okay, rules are fine.

Damn, looks like I'm not going to get to use my ground OR rock attacks. Either way get out there Staba!

EDIT: And some actions too!

And it turns out Ginger's dual typing actually does let us use one of our STAB attacks, yay (EDIT#2 Doh, no it doesnt)!

Ok Staba, start off by lowering his defences with your Tail Whip. Then use your Horn Attack and finally Stomp on the little dude!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ginger, let's get cookin'!

As Staba whips his tail, fire off a Will-O-Wisp until it hits, then get a Leech Seed off because we'll going to need it! If everything goes perfectly fine, then end the round by toasting that piece of rock with a Flamethrower!

Will-O-Wisp until it hits - Leech Seed - Flamethrower

(this would mean Flamethrower will get cut in replacement of Will-O-Wisp's miss... and Leech Seed too if I'm really unlucky!)

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
Energy: 100

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
Energy: 100

And so the match began, Flora sending out her Embirch, Ginger, while deadfox sent out Staba the Rhyhorn! Ginger went first, conjuring up a Will-O-Wisp! The move hit its mark and left Staba with a second degree burn! "That's not good for Staba," Brandon mused. Staba decided to play cute, however. Using a Tail Whip, he managed to charm Ginger into lowering her defense! He also drew quite a few "awwww"s from the kids who had stopped playing to watch!

Ginger continued to go for status moves, this time firing a Leech Seed at Staba! However, Staba learned from the Will-O-Wisp that stuff coming out of Ginger's arms is bad, and got out of the way! The seeds fell harmlessly to the ground, having missed their target! Staba decided that he had had enough of these non-damaging moves, and smashed into Ginger with a Horn Attack!

Brandon petted Skystrike absentmindedly as Ginger obliged Staba's desire for more offense with a powerful Flamethrower! The blow sent the Rhyhorn flying into the sandbox! Thankfully the kids that had been playing there were now watching the match and thus no one was hurt, but it was still quite the critical hit! Emerging from the sand, Staba retaliated, pinning Ginger to the ground and using Stomp! Suddenly the kids were booing him, and he instantly released Ginger, who backed up as the round ended. Both Pokemon had taken some hard hits, so Brandon decided to check who had the advantage.

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 80
Energy: 79
Defense -1

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: 81
Energy: 86
2nd degree burn

Action 1:
Ginger uses Will-O-Wisp -> 6 energy, Staba gets a 2nd degree burn
Staba uses Tail Whip -> 4 energy, Ginger's defense -1, -2 HP due to burn

Action 2:
Ginger uses Leech Seed -> missed, 9 energy
Staba uses Horn Attack -> 7[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] + 1.5[Boost Dif.] = 9.5, rounded to 10 damage, 5 energy, -2 HP due to burn

Action 3:
Ginger uses Flamethrower -> (10[BP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Critical Hit] + 3[Stat Dif]) * 0.67[NVE] = 12.73, rounded to 13 damage, 6 energy,
Staba uses Stomp -> 7[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] + 1.5[Boost Dif.] = 9.5, rounded to 10 damage, 5 energy, -2 HP due to burn

"They're pretty evenly matched, huh Skystrike?" Brandon asked the little Rufflet, who nodded in agreement. "Should be a good match!"

Flora, you're up!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
lol

Not my day at all, huh? I have no idea how bad this day can get!

Leech Seed - Flamethrower x2

Sub Leech Seed over first Flamethrower if that Leech Seed misses.

(tbqh, it's been very shitty)

We are really not quick enough to dodge those seeds for long Staba, and the longer this battle goes the more status is going to hurt us. I say we just go for damage!

Crunch > Stomp > Crunch

Hopefully today was better Flora ^_^

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 80
Energy: 79
Defense -1

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: 81
Energy: 86
2nd degree burn

The Pokemon faced off as the kids watched anxiously. Brandon and Skystrike watched as well as Ginger lead off with a Leech Seed! This time Staba couldn't get out of the way, and the seeds wrapped around him! Annoyed, he charged at the Embirch and used Crunch on it, biting down hard! But then the burn and the Leech Seed both took their toll, weakening him!

Embirch, having succeeded in landing a Leech Seed, went back to the offensive, roasting the Rhyhorn with a Flamethrower! Staba weathered the assault, then retaliated with another Stomp! Ginger pushed Staba off of herself with another Flamethrower, only to have him Crunch her yet again. Most of the kids were in awe from the battle, but a few had wandered over to where Brandon was standing and had started petting Skystrike, who cooed appreciatively, making Brandon laugh. He decided to check how the Pokemon in battle were doing while they recovered from the last round.

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 57
Energy: 54

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: 44
Energy: 69
2nd degree burn
Seeded (3 more actions)

Action 1:
Ginger uses Leech Seed -> 9 energy, Staba seeded (6 actions)
Staba uses Crunch -> 8[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] + 1.5[Boost Dif.] = 10.5, rounded to 11 damage, 6 energy, -2 HP due to burn, -3 HP due to Leech Seed, Ginger healed for 3 HP

Action 2:
Ginger uses Flamethrower -> (10[BP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Stat Dif]) * 0.67[NVE] = 10.72, rounded to 11 damage, 6 energy
Staba uses Stomp -> 7[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] + 1.5[Boost Dif.] = 9.5, rounded to 10 damage, 5 energy, -2 HP due to burn, -3 HP due to Leech Seed, Ginger healed for 3 HP

Action 3:
Ginger uses Flamethrower -> (10[BP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Stat Dif]) * 0.67[NVE] = 10.72, rounded to 11 damage, 6 + 4[Consecutive move use] = 10 energy
Staba uses Crunch -> 8[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] + 1.5[Boost Dif.] = 10.5, rounded to 11 damage, 6 energy, -2 HP due to burn, -3 HP due to Leech Seed, Ginger healed for 3 HP

"Wow, Leech Seed and Burn are really helping Flora and Ginger! Staba's going to have to work extra hard to overcome this disadvantage!"

deadfox081, you're up!

Ok Staba, that status is going to be the bane of us so it might be time that we try and alter some stats of our own.

Scary Face > Stomp > Tail Whip

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Looks like it's about to end. Let's finish this up, Ginger!

Flamethrower - Flamethrower - Flamethrower

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 57

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: 44
Energy: 69
2nd degree burn
Seeded (3 more actions)

Ginger, trying to finish the match quickly, hit Staba with yet another Flamethrower! Trying a different approach, Staba decided to go for a Scary Face! Not only did he send a few of the children running scared, but he also sharply lowered Ginger's speed! Now faster, he took the opportunity to Stomp on Ginger, and she flinched in pain! Switching tactics yet again, Staba went back to cuteness and went for a Tail Whip, bringing most of the kids back and again lowering Ginger's defense! However, the burn and Leech Seed took their toll yet again, and he was starting to look worn down. On the bright side, the Leech Seed fell off! Ginger wasted no time in taking advantage of the lack of an attack with a Flamethrower, however. After making sure the kids weren't hurting Skystrike, Brandon went to check on the Pokemon.

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 55
Spe: 43 (-) (28 with -1 speed)
Energy: 42
-1 Speed
-1 Defense

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: 12
2nd degree burn

Action 1:
Ginger uses Flamethrower -> (10[BP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Stat Dif]) * 0.67[NVE] = 10.72, rounded to 11 damage, 6 energy
Staba uses Scary Face -> 6 energy, Ginger's speed -2, -2 HP due to burn, -3 HP due to Leech Seed, Ginger healed for 3 HP

Action 2:
Staba uses Stomp -> 7[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] = 8 damage, 5 energy, -2 HP due to burn, -3 HP due to Leech Seed, Ginger healed for 3 HP
Ginger flinches

Action 3:
Staba uses Tail Whip -> 4 energy, Ginger's defense -1, -2 HP due to burn, -3 HP due to Leech Seed, Ginger healed for 3 HP

"Rhyhorn doesn't have much left, so I don't think this is going to last much longer," Brandon mused as the trainers prepared to give what could be their final orders.

Flora, you're up!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Aha, a flinch! Wasn't that mean, Ginger?

Okay, I've been wanting for you to do this "combo" for some time, but I had no idea how effective it would be. Well, I think it's best we finish the match with it, right? First put yourself in a Flame Wheel position. You'll be spinning, but not advancing to a place. While you're spinning, I want your arm cannons stretched outward, with a Flamethrower running off them when you're spinning! I have no idea what this will do, but to the best of my ability, I think it should give you a bit more defense while still doing decent damage. After you take a rest, finish up with a Ember if that toughy isn't fainted yet!

Flame Wheel (spinning motion) + Flamethrower (jetting outward) - Ember

edit: if it wasn't clear, Ginger isn't having a second action.

Ok Staba there isn't a lot we can do here, just keep Stomping on it in the hope that it flinches again!

Stomp > Stomp > Stomp

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 55
Spe: 43 (-) (28 with -1 speed)
Energy: 42
-1 Speed
-1 Defense

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: 12
2nd degree burn

Ginger decided to change it up a bit, unleashing a Flame Wheel... except she just stayed spinning on the spot! Brandon, sensing trouble, ordered all the children to come over to where he was, in case something happened. Somewhat concerned about the idea of stepping onto a ball of fire, Staba nonetheless used Stomp on the Embirch, taking a bit of damage from the Flame Wheel in the process! Then suddenly Ginger stuck her arm cannons out of the sides of her Flame Wheel and went on a rampage, spraying flames everywhere with a Spinning Flamethrower! Brandon quickly released Shellstrike and ordered the Carracosta to use a Wide Guard to protect himself, the kids and Skystrike, but Staba wasn't so lucky and was KOed by the attack! Once Ginger finally stopped, the park had been completely destroyed! So much for playing nice :( Brandon recalled Shellstrike after making sure the children were safe, and congratulated Flora while simultaneously scolding her for the damage she did to the park, but the children were all excited to meet the Pokemon that had pulled off such an amazing attack so he didn't get much of a chance. He also congratulated deadfox for a good try, and left before he had a chance to be blamed for the destruction, reminding the trainers briefly to say GG to each other, as per the rules of the arena!

Congratulations Flora!

Embirch (Ginger) (F)
HP: 45
Energy: 33
-1 Defense

Rhyhorn [Staba] (M)
HP: KO
Energy: KO
2nd degree burn

Action 1:
Ginger uses Flame Wheel on the spot -> 3 energy
Staba uses Stomp -> 7[BP] + 3[Stat Dif.] - 2[Burn] + 1.5[Boost Dif.] = 9.5, rounded to 10 damage, 5 energy, -2 HP due to burn, -2 HP due to Flame Wheel

Action 2:
Ginger uses Spinning Flamethrower -> (10[BP] + 3[STAB] + 3[Stat Dif]) * 0.67[NVE] = 10.72, rounded to 11 damage, 6 energy, Staba (and the park) KOed

Counters:
Both trainers get 2 TC
Staba gets 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC
Ginger gets 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC and charged with destruction of public property (which might actually qualify as a second KOC for KOing the park, check with Deck :P)
I get 2 RC

Thanks for the fun match guys! And don't forget your GGs! :P

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
gg!

Thanks guys for keeping me company!

And yeah, Ginger is like a super pro street dancer. I should give her that job later in the future...

Gotta watch out for her!

(ps please don't get the cops on me A_A)

(gets out of the country)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)