Battle Between Randoms (OU Warstory)

Welcome to my first warstory ;)
This was a battle between 2 pretty standard teams under my alt "imsosexy". I don't really like doing fancy text and all that shit so here's my team:

THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

imsosexy (aka HART4FLOON)'s team:

If you really want to see my opponent's team then scroll down to the bottom but in my opinion that kind of ruins the suspense and stuff like that o3o

Just as a note before I get into the warstory: all calculations were done in my head so they might be off by a little and PO doesn't include LO recoil in its logs so if one of the Pokemon's HP drops from like 50% to 40% when it attacks...well you can figure it out ;)

Battle between imsosexy and KARMELE started!

Tier: OU Gen 4
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause

KARMELE sent out BLUE ELF! (Azelf)
imsosexy sent out Heatran!

Start of turn 1
The foe's BLUE ELF used U-turn!
It's not very effective...
Heatran lost 16 HP! (4% of its health)
KARMELE called BLUE ELF back!
KARMELE sent out ESTREÑIDO! (Gyarados)

The foe's ESTREÑIDO intimidates Heatran!
Heatran's Attack fell!

Heatran used Fire Blast!
The attack of Heatran missed!

imsosexy: lol

Heatran - 96%
Azelf - 100%
Gyarados - 100%
My oven monster is all angry and ready to eat some shit up but the little blue elf u-turns out and out comes an even angrier blue beast, even scarier than my oven beast. Fire Blast misses but I don't really care as it would've done piss poor damage anyway. My Heatran is Spec'd so its locked into Fire Blast. I'm gonna assume that KARMELE's Gyarados is a Bulky Dragon Dance variant like the majority of Gyarados so I immediately send out my Rotom-W.

Start of turn 2
imsosexy called Heatran back!
imsosexy sent out Rotom-W!

The foe's ESTREÑIDO used Dragon Dance!
The foe's ESTREÑIDO's Attack rose!
The foe's ESTREÑIDO's Speed rose!

Rotom-W - 100%
Gyarados - 100%
My washing machine gets in without taking any damage and he's ready to send the blue serpent back to the abyss. I go for a simple Thunderbolt because nothing on my team can really deal with a +1/+1 Gyarados very well. Besides, Specs Thunderbolt will do a truckload to almost anything.

Start of turn 3
KARMELE called ESTREÑIDO back!
KARMELE sent out FLOWER POWER! (Shaymin)

Rotom-W used Thunderbolt!
The foe's FLOWER POWER lost 34% of its health!

Rotom-W - 100%
Shaymin - 66%
Well...almost anything. Out comes the appropriately named "FLOWER POWER" who can flash its seeds at you and rape you at the same time. Thunderbolt does a hefty chunk, especially considering that it was resisted. However, I'm not too keen on letting Rotom-W get slaughtered by the impending Seed Flare so I decide go back to my trusty lead.

Start of turn 4
imsosexy called Rotom-W back!

The foe's FLOWER POWER used Seed Flare!
Heatran lost 51 HP! (15% of its health)

Heatran - 81%
Shaymin - 56%
His Shaymin takes LO recoil (PO's logs don't show it -_________-) and does crap damage to Heatran. I'm gonna assume his Shaymin carries Rest + 3 attacks, as I have never seen a LO Leech Seed Shaymin lol. That would actually be pretty epic. Back on topic, I decide to send out my Gyarados on the predicted Earth Power, who will pose an offensive threat and will hopefully scare Shaymin out.

Start of turn 5
imsosexy sent out Gyarados!

Gyarados intimidates the foe's FLOWER POWER!
The foe's FLOWER POWER's Attack fell!
The foe's FLOWER POWER used Earth Power!
It had no effect!

Gyarados - 100%
Shaymin - 56%
Just as I thought. Now my Gyarados is the CB variant. I am almost 100% certain that the threat a DDance Gyara sweep will probably lead to him sending out a Rotom-A or bring back his own Gyarados. However, I carry Outrage over Payback just for the heck of it (yes i stole that from ChouToshio). I know that CB Stone Edge will hit what I've seen so far hard and I'm pretty sure Rotom-A won't like taking a slab of rock to its face. Here goes nothing.

Start of turn 6
KARMELE called FLOWER POWER back!
KARMELE sent out METAL FAIRY! (Jirachi)

Gyarados used Stone Edge!
The foe's METAL FAIRY lost 26% of its health!

Gyarados - 100%
Jirachi (K) - 74%
Hm...interesting. Probably a Scarfrachi judging by how quickly he switched it in, but I can't assume things (I've been raped by an Expert Belt Rachi before >.<). I see 3 likely possibilities 1) Thunder Punch for the KO 2) U-turn on the predicted switch and 3) Thunder Wave and then spam Iron Head like a noob. My Rotom-W can hold its ground (or air because it's floating) and wreck some shit at the same time.

Start of turn 7
imsosexy called Gyarados back!

The foe's METAL FAIRY used ThunderPunch!
Rotom-W lost 41 HP! (15% of its health)

Rotom-W - 85%
Jirachi (K) - 74%
As expected, Thunderpunch does mediocre damage. I'm still not sure what variant his Jirachi is. I almost click Thunderbolt but then remember his Shaymin. I think about switching in my Scarftar but I run Superpower>Earthquake. So instead, I decide that switching to Heatran is my best bet right now. He's ugly as fuck and he ruins the beauty of the rest of my team. Hopefully he will be able to force out Jirachi and set up SR.

Start of turn 8
KARMELE called METAL FAIRY back!
KARMELE sent out FLOWER POWER! (Shaymin)

imsosexy called Rotom-W back!

Heatran - 81%
Shaymin - 56%
Okay, now I'm pretty sure that his Jirachi's scarfed. Call me paranoid for not realizing earlier, I call it being careful. Well obviously there is no way in hell I'm going to keep my Specstran in on a potential Earth Power but I also don't want to risk him predicting my switch to Rotom-W or CB Gyarados and raping them with seeds. I wonder how that works out. Anyway I finally decide that now is a good time to bring out my Scarftar. He's bulky as fuck and he can probably take anything Shaymin can throw at him, fingers crossed.

Start of turn 9
imsosexy sent out Tyranitar!

Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The foe's FLOWER POWER used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 160 HP! (46% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's FLOWER POWER is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Tyranitar - 54%
Shaymin - 40%
Flower Power? More like flower pussy. Tyranitar takes a measly 46%. KARMELE's Shaymin is hovering just below 40%, the combination of sandstorm and LO dealing massive residual damage to it. I go for a simple Crunch to finish that annoying thing off once and for all. I doubt that KARMELE will switch as he probably wants to see what move I'll lock myself into.

Start of turn 10
Tyranitar used Crunch!
The foe's FLOWER POWER lost 39% of its health!
The foe's FLOWER POWER fainted!

Tyranitar - 54%
Shaymin - X_X
6-5 imsosexy
Yay, morale boost for me!
+

The sandstorm rages!
KARMELE sent out SWAMPI! (Swampert)
...But now he brings out the best Tyranitar counter in the game. I go to my Flygon on the predicted Earthquake.

Start of turn 11
imsosexy called Tyranitar back!
imsosexy sent out Flygon!

The foe's SWAMPI used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around imsosexy's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Flygon - 100%
Swampert - 100%
Ugh, damn I'm a noob and I got outpredicted. SR really hinders my team, especially considering all my pokemon are choiced. I decide to have my CB Flygon use U-turn and go to Heatran on the predicted Ice Beam.

Start of turn 12
Flygon used U-turn!
The foe's SWAMPI lost 22% of its health!
imsosexy called Flygon back!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

The foe's SWAMPI used Ice Beam!
Heatran lost 15 HP! (4% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's SWAMPI restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Heatran - 65%
Swampert - 84%
I decide to go for a desperation HP Grass. Hopefully that'll catch him off-guard and he might switch in something to absorb Explosion or the like. Of course, in retrospect I had a noob moment here and didn't realize that Stealth Rock would've been a better move...(I mean seriously, why else would you switch a Heatran into a Swampert if you didn't have HP Grass or Explosion? >.<)

Start of turn 13
KARMELE called SWAMPI back!
KARMELE sent out APE ESCAPE! (Infernape)

Heatran used Hidden Power!
The foe's APE ESCAPE lost 31% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's APE ESCAPE is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Heatran - 65%
Infernape - 63%
Oh fuck, it's an Infernape. Let me consider my options: My Gyarados is a risky check to it, especially with sandstorm and SR whittling away at its health. I could switch in Rotom-W on a predicted Close Combat but that's a bit risky. Or I could keep in Heatran on an overprediction. I decide that playing it safe with Gyarados is my best bet right now.

Start of turn 14
imsosexy sent out Gyarados!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados!

Gyarados intimidates the foe's APE ESCAPE!
The foe's APE ESCAPE's Attack fell!
The foe's APE ESCAPE used Fire Blast!
Gyarados lost 114 HP! (32% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Gyarados is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Gyarados - 37%
Infernape - 47%
I.Fucking.Hate.Mixape. I'm gonna guess that this is a specially based mixape judging by its damage output. My best bet right now is to revenge it or kill it with Gyarados on the off chance my blue serpent survives.

Start of turn 15
The foe's APE ESCAPE used Grass Knot!
Gyarados lost 127 HP! (36% of its health)
Gyarados fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Gyarados - X_X
Infernape - 31%
5-5 Tied

No such luck.
-

Pointed stones dug into Flygon!
I meant to click Scarftar but i misclick and accidentally choose Flygon >.> His Infernape is in blaze range and will do a fuckload of damage with Fire Blast but I can't risk Scarftar taking a Close Combat to the face. Besides, HE doesn't know I'm CB for sure yet.

Start of turn 16
The foe's APE ESCAPE used Fire Blast!
Flygon lost 198 HP! (65% of its health)

Flygon used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's APE ESCAPE lost 20% of its health!
The foe's APE ESCAPE fainted!

Flygon - 29%
Infernape - X_X
5-4 imsosexy
=

Even though I nabbed a KO, I'm not in a very good position right now. He knows that I still have a relatively healthy Specs Rotom-W so I know that Gyarados probably won't be coming out. Jirachi will be the likely pokemon coming out. I need to get rid of Jirachi and Swampert somehow. Cripple them or anything!

The sandstorm rages!
I'm a little unsure of what to do so I decide to go to Heatran to absorb U-turn or Ice Punch. He's hovering a little above the 50% range so hopefully he'll be able to do some damage before his inevitable death.

Start of turn 17
imsosexy called Flygon back!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

The foe's METAL FAIRY used U-turn!
Heatran lost 16 HP! (4% of its health)
KARMELE sent out BLUE ELF! (Azelf)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's BLUE ELF is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Heatran - 49%
Azelf - 94%
Freaking gay blue elf is gay. I keep Heatran in to absorb either Explosion or Psychic. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of that thing once and for all.

Start of turn 18
The foe's BLUE ELF used Thunderbolt!
Heatran lost 146 HP! (45% of its health)
Heatran fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's BLUE ELF is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Heatran - X_X
Azelf - 88%
4-4 Tied
-

WTF...Thunderbolt? That's an odd move choice but I guess it didn't matter much because now I'm in a good position to revenge Azelf with Scarftar. I am definitely not feeling very confident right now though. On a side note I know my calcs suck, but I'm doing this without a calculator, give me some credit :(

Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar!
lolscarftar

Start of turn 19
Tyranitar used Crunch!
It's super effective!
The foe's BLUE ELF lost 87% of its health!
The foe's BLUE ELF fainted!

Tyranitar - 42%
Azlef - X_X
4-3 imsosexy
+

Stealth Rock is really taking a toll on Tyranitar's health. I was half expecting Colbur Berry but I guess that it was the standard suicide lead Azelf. Either Jirachi or Gyarados is gonna come in. I pray that its the former, as from past experience my Rotom-W is in KO range of +1 Waterfall after SR and SS.

The sandstorm rages!
Apparently the apparent opportunity to set up is not so apparent to him :D
However, my only pokemon left that can absorb Jirachi's attacks now is my own Jirachi, as I want to try to keep Rotom-W as healthy as possible on the off chance he does bring in Gyarados. It's the only Pokemon I have left that can be considered "healthy", as absorbing resisted attacks + SR + SS hurts a lot more than it would seem.

Start of turn 20
imsosexy sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

The foe's METAL FAIRY used U-turn!
Jirachi lost 76 HP! (19% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's SWAMPI restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Jirachi (H4F)- 75%
Swampert - 90%
Ohdang. It's swampy again. For some reason, my floony sense is tingling. (haha get it spidey sense -> floony sense hahaha not funny ok) I just know that he's going to Ice Beam on either the predicted Flygon switch in or on the predicted Rotom-W switch in. I go for an interesting move and I hope it hits Swampert and not Jirachi or something as he overpredicts. Otherwise I'll look silly.

Start of turn 21
Jirachi used Trick!
Jirachi switched items with the foe's SWAMPI!
Jirachi obtained one Leftovers!
The foe's SWAMPI obtained one Choice Specs!

The foe's SWAMPI used Ice Beam!
Jirachi lost 45 HP! (11% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Jirachi (H4F)- 70%
Swampert - 90%
That's one annoying ass threat crippled. I'm pretty sure he's looking at Jirachi's analysis right now because he has about a half a minute of inactivity. Most people aren't prepared for Specsrachi simply because it's gay and no one likes using gay pokemon. I decide to go with Doom Desire since Thunderbolt and Psychic won't do much to Jirachi. I'm trying to find out how to lure out his mudfish for a KO so I can pull off a late-game sweep with Tyranitar or something.

Start of turn 22
KARMELE called SWAMPI back!

Jirachi used Doom Desire!
Jirachi chose Doom Desire as its destiny!

The sandstorm rages!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Jirachi (H4F) - 76%
Jirachi (K) - 74%
He brings out his own Jirachi. I don't want to get cocky and overpredict and I'm pretty confident that my Jirachi's bulky enough to take a Fire Punch. I decide to go for a move that will allow me to obtain a check to his Gyarados so it can't threaten my team any longer. I want his metal star and his angry giant fishy gone now!

Start of turn 23
The foe's METAL FAIRY used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 160 HP! (40% of its health)

Jirachi used Trick!
Jirachi switched items with the foe's METAL FAIRY!
Jirachi obtained one Choice Scarf!
The foe's METAL FAIRY obtained one Leftovers!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's METAL FAIRY restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Jirachi (H4F) - 36%
Jirachi (K) - 80%
Trick may have seemed like an odd move but don't forget that my Rotom-W is in KO range from Gyarados. I just couldn't risk the battle on RNG. Now, feeling confident, I feel like I've gained control of this match. I just might be able to pull off this win.

Start of turn 24
imsosexy called Jirachi back!
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-W!

The foe's METAL FAIRY used Iron Head!
Rotom-W lost 66 HP! (25% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's METAL FAIRY took the Doom Desire attack!
The foe's METAL FAIRY lost 27% of its health!

Rotom-W - 42%
Jirachi (K) - 59%
He's not going to give up yet. Even if it means spamming Iron head for flinch hax and leftovers recovery, he'll do it. Obviously Doom Desire doesn't hit its desired target but oh well. My plan for it to hit Swampert was a bit situational anyway. Afraid of a Swampert switch in, I Hydro Pump and hope that if his "METAL FAIRY" does stay in it doesn't hax me to death.

Start of turn 25
Rotom-W lost 60 HP! (23% of its health)

Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
The foe's METAL FAIRY lost 50% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Rotom-W - 13%
Jirachi (K) - 15%
Get raped, stupid metal star! Unfortunately, my Rotom-W won't able to rape the "METAL FAIRY" since its in KO range from another Iron Head now. You did well washing machine. R.I.P.

Start of turn 26
Rotom-W lost 27 HP! (10% of its health)
Rotom-W fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Rotom-W - X_X
Jirachi (K) - 21%
3-3 Tied
-

I'm pretty sure that Crunch should KO. The temptation to type something cocky in chat right now is quite high. However, that wouldn't be very nice thing to do and I'm a good boy. Unless he gets extremely lucky I think I've got this won.

Start of turn 27
Tyranitar used Crunch!
The foe's METAL FAIRY lost 20% of its health!
The foe's METAL FAIRY fainted!

Tyranitar - 30%
Jirachi (K) - X_X
3-2 imsosexy
+

YEAH GET RAPED METAL STAR

The sandstorm rages!
It seems like he's finally lost. However, I have this gut feeling that it's not over yet...

Start of turn 28

The foe's SWAMPI used Roar!
Jirachi was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Flygon - 23%
Jirachi (H4F) - 30%
Swampert - 90%
Okay this guy doesn't know when to give up. I decide to use Doom Desire because Psychic won't do much damage and I don't want to risk his Gyarados setting up on me.

Start of turn 29
Jirachi used Doom Desire!
Jirachi chose Doom Desire as its destiny!

Tyranitar was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Tyranitar - 18%
Swampert - 90%
Fuck. Things are looking grim for me. I know he's hoping to weaken my team to be able to sweep with his Gyarados and at this rate, he might actually accomplish that. I go for a simple Crunch. I need to get rid of that Swampert before it does any more damage to my team.

Start of turn 30
Tyranitar used Crunch!
The foe's SWAMPI lost 27% of its health!

Flygon was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Flygon - 17%
Swampert - 63%
Yes, my CB Flygon is out! Outrage, please KO!

Start of turn 31
Flygon used Outrage!
A
N
N
O
Y
I
N
G

T
H
I
N
G

T
H
A
T

M
A
K
E
S

Y
O
U

S
C
R
O
L
L

D
O
W
N
!

The foe's SWAMPI lost 55% of its health!
Did it KO?

Jirachi was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's SWAMPI took the Doom Desire attack!
The foe's SWAMPI lost 6% of its health!
The foe's SWAMPI fainted!

Jirachi (H4F) - 24%
Swampert - X_X
3-1 imsosexy
+

gg KARMELE
If he hadn't roared out Jirachi I'm pretty sure he would've had a chance to win and I must say that worked out quite beautifully. He fought to the very end even when all odds were stacked against him
+respect
(he gets full-sized floons)

KARMELE sent out ESTREÑIDO! (Gyarados)

The foe's ESTREÑIDO intimidates Jirachi!
Jirachi's Attack fell!

Start of turn 32
Jirachi used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's ESTREÑIDO lost 100% of its health!
The foe's ESTREÑIDO fainted!
FINAL SCORE:
3-0 imsosexy
+

I get the biggest floon.
The score in no way reflected how close this battle was. I was only able to win through smart playing to break his defenses. This battle between randoms/lurkers/"whatever the fuck you want to call us" of Smogon shows...well I'm not sure what it shows. But being a good sport is good. I hoped you enjoyed this warstory!

Below is KARMELE's team
~
AGAIN IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
KARMELE's team:

nice battle, nice comments, (not so ;D) nice jokes...
nice warstory.
you could include pics, that would make ir easier to read, but its not needed.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I liked this one. Though it wouldn't have scored extremely high on my quantitative warstory-rating scale, it had a really nice quality to it. The Drifloons were a huge plus as well.

Driflooooon! Haha, I've never seen that system before. good job for using Specs Jirachi and Doom Desire. Also, that's a great format. Which I will steal if I ever write a warstory >_>

The battle itself was somewhat meh, I could tell your opponent was something of a random but you played rather competently! That's actually a very creative team and it certainly seems to get the job done. The formatting was fantastic, I loved the quoting, and your comments were somewhere above average. 8/10 from me, great job!

The battle was avarage at best, but the commentary and formatting made it an enjoyable read! 7/10 from me.

Averagto good battle, but you wrote good comments. The jokes were pretty good. You actually got mer to laugh out loud at one, but do not remember which one. Good warstory and all in all agree with Smith.

Whoa that's a lot of comments! Last time I checked there were like 2 o.0

Yeah I'll admit the battle wasn't the best but I thought it was pretty good for a random match when laddering :P

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, not too bad. I've had more success with the use of some more surprise value choicers. (When I use 6 choice ofc), or the use of Dugtrio because trapping is an amazing quality, by surprise I mean specs vaporeon and stuff (it did 94% to a jirachi switchin).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)