1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Battle Between Randoms (OU Warstory)

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by HART4FLOON, Dec 19, 2010.

1. HART4FLOON

HART4FLOON

Welcome to my first warstory ;)
    This was a battle between 2 pretty standard teams under my alt "imsosexy". I don't really like doing fancy text and all that shit so here's my team:

THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

imsosexy (aka HART4FLOON)'s team:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you really want to see my opponent's team then scroll down to the bottom but in my opinion that kind of ruins the suspense and stuff like that o3o

Just as a note before I get into the warstory: all calculations were done in my head so they might be off by a little and PO doesn't include LO recoil in its logs so if one of the Pokemon's HP drops from like 50% to 40% when it attacks...well you can figure it out ;)

My oven monster is all angry and ready to eat some shit up but the little blue elf u-turns out and out comes an even angrier blue beast, even scarier than my oven beast. Fire Blast misses but I don't really care as it would've done piss poor damage anyway. My Heatran is Spec'd so its locked into Fire Blast. I'm gonna assume that KARMELE's Gyarados is a Bulky Dragon Dance variant like the majority of Gyarados so I immediately send out my Rotom-W.

My washing machine gets in without taking any damage and he's ready to send the blue serpent back to the abyss. I go for a simple Thunderbolt because nothing on my team can really deal with a +1/+1 Gyarados very well. Besides, Specs Thunderbolt will do a truckload to almost anything.

Well...almost anything. Out comes the appropriately named "FLOWER POWER" who can flash its seeds at you and rape you at the same time. Thunderbolt does a hefty chunk, especially considering that it was resisted. However, I'm not too keen on letting Rotom-W get slaughtered by the impending Seed Flare so I decide go back to my trusty lead.

His Shaymin takes LO recoil (PO's logs don't show it -_________-) and does crap damage to Heatran. I'm gonna assume his Shaymin carries Rest + 3 attacks, as I have never seen a LO Leech Seed Shaymin lol. That would actually be pretty epic. Back on topic, I decide to send out my Gyarados on the predicted Earth Power, who will pose an offensive threat and will hopefully scare Shaymin out.

Just as I thought. Now my Gyarados is the CB variant. I am almost 100% certain that the threat a DDance Gyara sweep will probably lead to him sending out a Rotom-A or bring back his own Gyarados. However, I carry Outrage over Payback just for the heck of it (yes i stole that from ChouToshio). I know that CB Stone Edge will hit what I've seen so far hard and I'm pretty sure Rotom-A won't like taking a slab of rock to its face. Here goes nothing.

Hm...interesting. Probably a Scarfrachi judging by how quickly he switched it in, but I can't assume things (I've been raped by an Expert Belt Rachi before >.<). I see 3 likely possibilities 1) Thunder Punch for the KO 2) U-turn on the predicted switch and 3) Thunder Wave and then spam Iron Head like a noob. My Rotom-W can hold its ground (or air because it's floating) and wreck some shit at the same time.

As expected, Thunderpunch does mediocre damage. I'm still not sure what variant his Jirachi is. I almost click Thunderbolt but then remember his Shaymin. I think about switching in my Scarftar but I run Superpower>Earthquake. So instead, I decide that switching to Heatran is my best bet right now. He's ugly as fuck and he ruins the beauty of the rest of my team. Hopefully he will be able to force out Jirachi and set up SR.

Okay, now I'm pretty sure that his Jirachi's scarfed. Call me paranoid for not realizing earlier, I call it being careful. Well obviously there is no way in hell I'm going to keep my Specstran in on a potential Earth Power but I also don't want to risk him predicting my switch to Rotom-W or CB Gyarados and raping them with seeds. I wonder how that works out. Anyway I finally decide that now is a good time to bring out my Scarftar. He's bulky as fuck and he can probably take anything Shaymin can throw at him, fingers crossed.

Flower Power? More like flower pussy. Tyranitar takes a measly 46%. KARMELE's Shaymin is hovering just below 40%, the combination of sandstorm and LO dealing massive residual damage to it. I go for a simple Crunch to finish that annoying thing off once and for all. I doubt that KARMELE will switch as he probably wants to see what move I'll lock myself into.

6-5 imsosexy
    Yay, morale boost for me!
    +[​IMG]

...But now he brings out the best Tyranitar counter in the game. I go to my Flygon on the predicted Earthquake.

Ugh, damn I'm a noob and I got outpredicted. SR really hinders my team, especially considering all my pokemon are choiced. I decide to have my CB Flygon use U-turn and go to Heatran on the predicted Ice Beam.

I decide to go for a desperation HP Grass. Hopefully that'll catch him off-guard and he might switch in something to absorb Explosion or the like. Of course, in retrospect I had a noob moment here and didn't realize that Stealth Rock would've been a better move...(I mean seriously, why else would you switch a Heatran into a Swampert if you didn't have HP Grass or Explosion? >.<)

Oh fuck, it's an Infernape. Let me consider my options: My Gyarados is a risky check to it, especially with sandstorm and SR whittling away at its health. I could switch in Rotom-W on a predicted Close Combat but that's a bit risky. Or I could keep in Heatran on an overprediction. I decide that playing it safe with Gyarados is my best bet right now.

I.Fucking.Hate.Mixape. I'm gonna guess that this is a specially based mixape judging by its damage output. My best bet right now is to revenge it or kill it with Gyarados on the off chance my blue serpent survives.

5-5 Tied

No such luck.
    -[​IMG]

I meant to click Scarftar but i misclick and accidentally choose Flygon >.> His Infernape is in blaze range and will do a fuckload of damage with Fire Blast but I can't risk Scarftar taking a Close Combat to the face. Besides, HE doesn't know I'm CB for sure yet.

5-4 imsosexy
    =[​IMG]
    Even though I nabbed a KO, I'm not in a very good position right now. He knows that I still have a relatively healthy Specs Rotom-W so I know that Gyarados probably won't be coming out. Jirachi will be the likely pokemon coming out. I need to get rid of Jirachi and Swampert somehow. Cripple them or anything!

I'm a little unsure of what to do so I decide to go to Heatran to absorb U-turn or Ice Punch. He's hovering a little above the 50% range so hopefully he'll be able to do some damage before his inevitable death.

Freaking gay blue elf is gay. I keep Heatran in to absorb either Explosion or Psychic. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of that thing once and for all.

4-4 Tied
    -[​IMG]
    WTF...Thunderbolt? That's an odd move choice but I guess it didn't matter much because now I'm in a good position to revenge Azelf with Scarftar. I am definitely not feeling very confident right now though. On a side note I know my calcs suck, but I'm doing this without a calculator, give me some credit :(

lolscarftar

4-3 imsosexy
    +[​IMG]

Stealth Rock is really taking a toll on Tyranitar's health. I was half expecting Colbur Berry but I guess that it was the standard suicide lead Azelf. Either Jirachi or Gyarados is gonna come in. I pray that its the former, as from past experience my Rotom-W is in KO range of +1 Waterfall after SR and SS.

Apparently the apparent opportunity to set up is not so apparent to him :D
    However, my only pokemon left that can absorb Jirachi's attacks now is my own Jirachi, as I want to try to keep Rotom-W as healthy as possible on the off chance he does bring in Gyarados. It's the only Pokemon I have left that can be considered "healthy", as absorbing resisted attacks + SR + SS hurts a lot more than it would seem.

Ohdang. It's swampy again. For some reason, my floony sense is tingling. (haha get it spidey sense -> floony sense hahaha not funny ok) I just know that he's going to Ice Beam on either the predicted Flygon switch in or on the predicted Rotom-W switch in. I go for an interesting move and I hope it hits Swampert and not Jirachi or something as he overpredicts. Otherwise I'll look silly.

That's one annoying ass threat crippled. I'm pretty sure he's looking at Jirachi's analysis right now because he has about a half a minute of inactivity. Most people aren't prepared for Specsrachi simply because it's gay and no one likes using gay pokemon. I decide to go with Doom Desire since Thunderbolt and Psychic won't do much to Jirachi. I'm trying to find out how to lure out his mudfish for a KO so I can pull off a late-game sweep with Tyranitar or something.

He brings out his own Jirachi. I don't want to get cocky and overpredict and I'm pretty confident that my Jirachi's bulky enough to take a Fire Punch. I decide to go for a move that will allow me to obtain a check to his Gyarados so it can't threaten my team any longer. I want his metal star and his angry giant fishy gone now!

Trick may have seemed like an odd move but don't forget that my Rotom-W is in KO range from Gyarados. I just couldn't risk the battle on RNG. Now, feeling confident, I feel like I've gained control of this match. I just might be able to pull off this win.

He's not going to give up yet. Even if it means spamming Iron head for flinch hax and leftovers recovery, he'll do it. Obviously Doom Desire doesn't hit its desired target but oh well. My plan for it to hit Swampert was a bit situational anyway. Afraid of a Swampert switch in, I Hydro Pump and hope that if his "METAL FAIRY" does stay in it doesn't hax me to death.

Get raped, stupid metal star! Unfortunately, my Rotom-W won't able to rape the "METAL FAIRY" since its in KO range from another Iron Head now. You did well washing machine. R.I.P.

3-3 Tied
    -[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure that Crunch should KO. The temptation to type something cocky in chat right now is quite high. However, that wouldn't be very nice thing to do and I'm a good boy. Unless he gets extremely lucky I think I've got this won.

3-2 imsosexy
    +[​IMG]
    YEAH GET RAPED METAL STAR

It seems like he's finally lost. However, I have this gut feeling that it's not over yet...

Okay this guy doesn't know when to give up. I decide to use Doom Desire because Psychic won't do much damage and I don't want to risk his Gyarados setting up on me.

Fuck. Things are looking grim for me. I know he's hoping to weaken my team to be able to sweep with his Gyarados and at this rate, he might actually accomplish that. I go for a simple Crunch. I need to get rid of that Swampert before it does any more damage to my team.

Yes, my CB Flygon is out! Outrage, please KO!

A
    N
    N
    O
    Y
    I
    N
    G

T
    H
    I
    N
    G

T
    H
    A
    T

M
    A
    K
    E
    S

Y
    O
    U

S
    C
    R
    O
    L
    L

D
    O
    W
    N
    !

Did it KO?

3-1 imsosexy
    +[​IMG]
    gg KARMELE
    If he hadn't roared out Jirachi I'm pretty sure he would've had a chance to win and I must say that worked out quite beautifully. He fought to the very end even when all odds were stacked against him
    +respect [​IMG] (he gets full-sized floons)

FINAL SCORE:
    3-0 imsosexy
    +[​IMG]
    I get the biggest floon.
    The score in no way reflected how close this battle was. I was only able to win through smart playing to break his defenses. This battle between randoms/lurkers/"whatever the fuck you want to call us" of Smogon shows...well I'm not sure what it shows. But being a good sport is good. I hoped you enjoyed this warstory!

Below is KARMELE's team
    ~
    AGAIN IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
    KARMELE's team:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Pombo

Pombo

nice battle, nice comments, (not so ;D) nice jokes...
    nice warstory.
    you could include pics, that would make ir easier to read, but its not needed.
  3. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I liked this one. Though it wouldn't have scored extremely high on my quantitative warstory-rating scale, it had a really nice quality to it. The Drifloons were a huge plus as well.
  4. Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Comments good, battle was kinda meh at the beginning though (no prediction, just a lot of switching).
  5. Venser

Venser

Driflooooon! Haha, I've never seen that system before. good job for using Specs Jirachi and Doom Desire. Also, that's a great format. Which I will steal if I ever write a warstory >_>
  6. team bibarel leader noobz

team bibarel leader noobz

Wow

This is a great warstory.
    One of the best I've read.
    It's a must read!
    So yeah... Wow.
  7. Smith

Smith is a 90's bitch
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

The battle itself was somewhat meh, I could tell your opponent was something of a random but you played rather competently! That's actually a very creative team and it certainly seems to get the job done. The formatting was fantastic, I loved the quoting, and your comments were somewhere above average. 8/10 from me, great job!
  8. Frieddimsum

Frieddimsum

Great warstory, it got much much better at the end! Nice use of surprise movesets
    9/10 from me!
  9. Redtype

Redtype

The battle was avarage at best, but the commentary and formatting made it an enjoyable read! 7/10 from me.
  10. Charmander

Charmander mfw i have a mane and am actually the sun
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Pretty average battle, but the presentation was great, hilarious comments, and creative team.
    Good job! 8.5/10
  11. Ian15

Ian15

Averagto good battle, but you wrote good comments. The jokes were pretty good. You actually got mer to laugh out loud at one, but do not remember which one. Good warstory and all in all agree with Smith.
  12. Lamppost

Lamppost I put the milk in first
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the comments made me lol :D

good battle if you make another i will probably read it.
  13. HART4FLOON

HART4FLOON

Whoa that's a lot of comments! Last time I checked there were like 2 o.0

Yeah I'll admit the battle wasn't the best but I thought it was pretty good for a random match when laddering :P
  14. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hey, not too bad. I've had more success with the use of some more surprise value choicers. (When I use 6 choice ofc), or the use of Dugtrio because trapping is an amazing quality, by surprise I mean specs vaporeon and stuff (it did 94% to a jirachi switchin).
  15. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

Average battle but very entertaining comments, nice format, and creative team. 7.5/10
  16. Heathcliff Huxtable

Heathcliff Huxtable

I liked the team you used in this battle. Overall, the warstory was well-written and the formatting was simple, yet effective.

7/10
  17. Calm Pokemaster

Calm Pokemaster
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Even though it wasn't a great battle, your commentary and the easy-to-read formatting made it a great read for me. 8 / 10.
  18. Mysterious Trainer

Mysterious Trainer

Innovative team, and nice analytical reasoning. A battle is a battle.

☆☆☆☆☆
  19. HART4FLOON

HART4FLOON

to everyone who bumped this...please note the post date -________-

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)