Battle Capacity v5.0 out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Here!

It's been a long time coming, but the latest update of BatCap is out. Featuring a new competitor in Wyverii's battlestork, Cascavian.

The other major update is the inclusion of the X-Attack mechanic. Some of you may see the..resemblance..to other fighters' use of EX moves; basically a special attack with some augmentation, or different function altogether.
Instead of using meter, your character begins each round with one X-Attack. When you use it, it will transfer to your opponent on hit or block.

There are also new story modes, new stages, new HUD, and some balance tweaks. All of the character pages have been updated to include new X-Attack information, health data, and a rough outline of their strength and weaknesses, which you can check out on the website.

You'll notice there is room for two more characters on the select screen. One is reserved for Voodoom, the last of our conventional CAPs. The final slot...well...nothing concrete planned yet, but it could be something really fun!

At this point, I may take a break from working on the game so i can turn my attention to other projects. I do intend to have at least Vood in there sometime, but would like to see the community grow some first.

Finally, a new vid of Xaq and I messing around.

Hope you enjoy the new features, see you online!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
W000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t for 5.0!

Its sad to see BatCAP ending soon, but all good things must come to an end...

(P.S.:Will BatCAP be revived if/when CAP starts in Gen 5?)

If you haven't already, you should post this in shoryuken.com, they really take fighting games competitively, from mainstream to indie. I haven't been there in a while, so I'm not sure if you have posted there already. :{

If you haven't already, you should post this in shoryuken.com, they really take fighting games competitively, from mainstream to indie. I haven't been there in a while, so I'm not sure if you have posted there already. :{
Actually, this was posted on SRK. Not sure exactly how popular it is though...

Also, you might already know this, but for some reason you can use abilities without meter. You just have to gain 25% and then you can use it whenever. Pretty major glitch since characters like Syclant are able to DT forever. :\

Speaking of Syclant, the game still feels off balance in some ways. I'm mostly concerned with Syclant's chip damage. His spin attack on block takes off as much as some normal moves on hit.

Regardless of my complaints, this is a very well done project and I'm glad to see it growing. Good luck with your other projects!

Syclant with infinite Double Teams! Yes, please. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

You know, we could have found things like that out if more people beta tested hint hint.

Syclant with infinite Double Teams! Yes, please. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

You know, we could have found things like that out if more people beta tested hint hint.
I actually assumed this was well known. The one i hate the most is oak's infinite embers. He's bad enough as is.

Edit: I may be hated for this but your char select screen does lack a random square.... Voodoom random.

I love Cascavian. He plays so smoothly. The X-attacks are a fun addition too; as if Pyroak wasn't hard enough to fight already! Although some characters really have stronger X's than the others, at first sight anyway.

There's a couple of glitches with the arcade mode, though. Argh can only play his breezin', and some characters don't have access to sweatin' which is sad because I'd love to see their new sequences (if I can beat the stages that is; damn you stratagem, damn you!) Also if Vit used his air 2X against pyroak in pyroak's stage and it connected; the music stopped. And for some reason I can't open 'game' in the options menu to select a stage.

EDIT: Okay... So anyone having trouble against syclant/skulloton on stratagem's hard; block -> 6C on syclant to get breathing space, and crouching 1A when ducking under skulloton's bonemerang. Also; X-power gem is the safest way you've got on finishing either off. But be very careful of syc's X-fury swipes!

Anyway, gem's ending vs. skulloton says "Used aerial ace, is super effective, cascavian fainted." I thought skulloton was steel/ghost too ;p

Thanks for the input, Bird. All of this suggests I may need to get started on an update to fix these problems after all. And while I'm fixing bugs...maybe I could get to filling out a few other requests...

Oh I have a question, I just started playing with Cyclohm... Man, his X-attacks are awesome! The cloud became a very useful zoning tool when placed properly!

Anyway, the question; I can't seem to get static to work other than... Well, button-mashing just to get it out. X-static seems to be impossible on a whole through conventional methods and I don't know what the unconventional ones are ;p So yeah... how?

The easiest (only?) way to do a naked X-Static is by mashing the X-button.
To use it in combos, trying using an attack as a buffer while you execute CBA. So for example, during the animation of standing medium, press strong, medium, light and it will cancel into X-Static.

Glad you're liking his X-Tools. I'm hoping it'll make Cyclohm players especially thoughtful about positioning and where they lay the raincloud.

Hi, I'm new here but I've been playing Battle Capacity sense V3.0. And V5.0 has to be one of your best updates yet :). Also here's a question, is it possible to do this combo with Syclant? 623M, 646A, 623X.
Also I main Syclant and sub Krilowatt.

Also here's a question, is it possible to do this combo with Syclant? 623M, 646A, 623X.
Great find! I wasn't aware of this combo. Particularly interesting because it doesn't seem to work with either of the other Fury Swipes (for reader comprehension, the combo is medium Fury Swipes, Blizzard, X-Fury Swipes).

Thanks for your comments, Neko. I see you favor the combo-y speed punks.

Destiny Warrior

While you're at fixing up errors, could you please look into Cascavian Vs Pyroak?

Pyroak HARD counters Cascavian, after X-Attacks are factored in. It effectively stops Casc from using X-Attacks at all(outside of Fly), since if Casc connects with them, Oak's X-Attacks are going to destroy it. X-Ember lets it put heavy pressure on Casc, and forces Casc to close in, or block to soak the X-Attack and start playing vs fast Embers and C-Balls. if Casc closes the distance by dashing etc., projectiles wreck it horribly, since its too tall to duck beneath projectiles, and by the time it gets close to use Grab/Triple Kick(its best anti-Oak options), Oak is already A-Hammering and retreating. If it starts getting close to the corner, Oak can even use A-Ball to regain space. X-Triple Kick would be excellent, if it weren't for the fact that they move rather slowly, and Oak can afford to take the block chip damage to gain the X back for domination.

On the other hand, aerial approaches get wrecked by Flamethrower and Wood Hammer, since the barrel roll portion doesn't last forever, and the Waterfall will be really obvious so Oak can block and grab/5C to gain space and start punishing Casc at range with Ember(Oak doesn't need SolarBeam at all for this matchup).

Maybe if Water Pulse acted as a normal projectile(getting cancelled by Ancientpower etc.) BUT it burned through/cancelled Ember, Oak wouldn't absolutely dominate this matchup.

Side Note: If AI Kril uses X-Shockwave, ir doesn't release it at all.

That's an incredible coincidence really because the same issue was brought up to me not too long ago. I do see how this matchup can be very much in Pyroak's favor, at least on paper. I played a few rounds though and found it not insurmountable. Cascavian has to work a little harder, baiting Flamethrowers and relying on his frametraps; he'll never win a fireball war.

Despite this, I've made a few tweaks (which I think Pyroak needed anyway) which include increasing cooldown for Ember and making the hitbox for Flamethrower much less meaty. You can expect some characters to have some new moves as well (which include Casc and Oak) so it's to be seen how it plays out.

Also, Krilowatt's X-Shock Wave is released when you hit X again, so you can try to bait a jump with it and release it at your own pleasure.

Destiny Warrior

That's an incredible coincidence really because the same issue was brought up to me not too long ago. I do see how this matchup can be very much in Pyroak's favor, at least on paper. I played a few rounds though and found it not insurmountable. Cascavian has to work a little harder, baiting Flamethrowers and relying on his frametraps; he'll never win a fireball war.
I see.

Despite this, I've made a few tweaks (which I think Pyroak needed anyway) which include increasing cooldown for Ember and making the hitbox for Flamethrower much less meaty. You can expect some characters to have some new moves as well (which include Casc and Oak) so it's to be seen how it plays out.
Cool, Casc needs more moves, and Emebr wa sgettign ridiculous haha.

Also, Krilowatt's X-Shock Wave is released when you hit X again, so you can try to bait a jump with it and release it at your own pleasure.
I know that, its just that apparently the AI programmed for Breezin' doesn't, since it just sticks there without releasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)