Battle Complete! Ice-eyes V. -Charmander-! (Ref: DarkSlay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
BATTLE COMPLETED

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to CAP ASB Battles! A chance for young, aspiring trainers can duke it out for a chance to win it big and become a Pokemon master! My name is DarkSlay, and I'll be your MC and referee for what is expected to be an outstanding battle between two new and upcoming trainers! Let's get this match underway!

RULES
Format: 1v1 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Restrictions: 2 uses of Recover/Rest and 5 chills
Arena: Arena: A narrow (but long) undersea chamber. The ceiling and walls are made of softer rock, but the floor is stone. There is no light.
Summary:
  • Dark.
  • No weather.
  • No digging.
  • Limited flight.
All Abilities
No items
Switch=Troll
Your Chosen Map:
UNDERSEA CHAMBER

Turn of events:
I. Ice-eyes sends out his first Pokemon.
II. -Charmander- sends out his first Pokemon and issues his moves.
III. Ice-eyes issues his moves as a response.
IV. DarkSlay reports the results.
V. Ice-eyes issues his moves.
VI. -Charmander- issues his moves as a response.
VII. DarkSlay reports the results.
VIII. Repeat steps II through VII.

Let the battle begin! Ice-eyes, choose your Pokemon!

Go, Pearl! (Clamperl). I send Clamperl into the water, hopefully hard to see as it's dark and underwater (duh). Let's start by making it even harder for him to hit us and double team! Follow up with Iron Defense to raise your defenses and for even more protect, Confuse Ray.

Double Team ~ Iron Defense ~ Confuse Ray

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Right, Black Skull! Let's get this party started! Start with a Dragon Pulse! Then, follow up with a Thunderbolt to be conducted through the water and hit all the Double Team clones as well as the real Pearl! Swim to a different position after the Thunderbolt to avoid the Confuse Ray, then fire off another Dragon Pulse!

DarkSlay

Black Skull (Dratini) [M]
HP: 90
Energy: 100
Boosts: 0
Other: None

Pearl (Clamperl) [F]
HP: 90
Energy: 100

BEGIN ROUND 1

We're all taking a dip in the ocean as our two competitors duke it out in an undersea chamber! Who knows how the water will affect this outcome?

Both Black Skull and Pearl seem right at home in the water, splashing about as they await the commands of their trainers. Black Skull goes first, putting its heartbeat in a systematic rhythm, producing a powerful Dragon Pulse from within itself! The pulse shoots out from Black Skull and hits Pearl directly, dealing good damage! Pearl closes its shell and starts to slide left and right in an extremely fast motion: Double Team! Pearl goes so fast, Black Skull believes that there are now two Pearls out on the field, and cannot determine which one is the real one!

Black Skull, however, is a crafty Dratini! He knows how to hit both clones with his cunning wit! It starts shaking about, conducting electricity to fire off a nasty Thunderbolt at the water itself! The bolts of electricity surround the arena, shocking Pearl, her clone AND Black Skull himself! Seems that Black Skull forgot that he was in the watery chamber too, but it did work: Pearl's illusion disappeared! Pearl uses some nearby hard sand and applies it to her shell, creating an Iron-like Defense! This boosts Pearl's Defense by two stages!

Black Skull follows up with another Dragon Pulse, which hits Pearl for good damage once again! Pearl releases from her shell a small beam, a Confuse Ray, right at Black Skull! Black Skull becomes intensely confused!

END ROUND 1

HP: 82
Energy: 81

Pearl (Clamperl) [F]
HP: 51
Energy: 84
Boosts: Defense +2

-Charmander-, your turn!

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Let's do this, Black Skull! If it Ice Beams, use your superior speed to dodge out of the way if you can; remember, it can't see you. Strike with a Thunderbolt, then a Dragon Pulse, then another Thunderbolt!

Ok Pearl! Use Ice Beam right in front of you to create a sheet of ice in the water, this should protect you from Thunderbolt. Then, use Whirlpool to suck Dratini deep into the water. Jump out and follow up with an Ice Beam straight into the water to trap Dratini in the ice!

DarkSlay

Many apologies, you two. I got loaded with a huge work week of Psychology and such, so I had little time to ref. Don't worry: it's a free weekend, so updates will be coming more regularly!

HP: 82
Energy: 81

Pearl (Clamperl) [F]
H P: 51
Energy: 84
Boosts: Defense +2

BEGIN ROUND 2

Black Skull, looking a little bit dazed and confused, starts to create static to fire off a Thunderbolt! The bolts connect with the water, causing damage to both Pearl and Black Skull. Pearl responds by aiming an Ice Beam at the shallow, water-filled chamber's floor. This creates a block of ice that will melt after one (1) turn!

Black Skull, realizing that Pearl won't be hit so easily by Thunderbolt any longer, decides to use Dragon Pulse instead! Unfortunately, Black Skull can't seem to get a good read on its heartbeat for making such a pulse, and angrily hurts itself in confusion. Meanwhile, Pearl spews out a jet of water to propel the ice block in circles around Black Skull, creating a miniature Whirlpool! Black Skull gets caught in the shallow, yet powerful, currents, getting trapped for a few turns! Whirlpool damage takes its toll! The ice block melts away into the ocean water!

Angered, Black Skull once again rubs its body to produce even more electricity for Thunderbolt! This time, the attack goes off, hitting both Pearl and Black Skull. However, the currents of electricity seem to have gone a bit deeper into Pearl's soft interior, paralyzing it greatly! Pearl responds by propelling itself up high from the floor, aiming at Black Skull with a super effective Ice Beam generated by the dense air! The beam smacks Black Skull for major damage! Since Pearl lost concentration, the Whirlpool disappeared!

END TURN 2

HP: 43
Energy: 61

Pearl (Clamperl) [F]
HP: 21
Energy: 68

DarkSlay

HP: 43
Energy: 61

Pearl (Clamperl) [F]
HP: 21
Energy: 68

BEGIN ROUND 3

Black Skull once again generates some electricity to fire off a Thunderbolt! The bolts hit the water, once again shocking both Pearl and Black Skull! Pearl retaliates with an Ice Beam, hitting Black Skull for massive damage!

In one final effort, Black Skull shakes off his confusion and fires off a massive Thunderbolt strike! This hits the water too, both shocking Pearl and Black Skull! Pearl slowly lifts its lid up and down, finally collapsing it shut, fainted!

END BATTLE!

HP: 11
Energy: 35

Pearl (Clamperl) [F]
HP: 0
Energy: 0
Other: Fainted

BLACK SKULL IS THE WINNER

Congrats! Here are how the awards are allotted:

Ice-eyes will receive two Trainer Counters. Black Skull will receive 1 Move Counter, 1 Evolution Counter, and 1 Dream Counter. It will also receive one KO Counter. Ice-eyes will receive 1 "win" on his record.

-Charmander- will receive two Trainer Counters. Pearl will receive 1 Move Counter, 1 Evolution Counter, and 1 Dream Counter. -Charmander- will receive 1 "loss" on his record.

DarkSlay will be receiving 1 Referee Counter. He will be applying this to his Lumber's (Timburr) Evolution Counters.

Thanks for watching, viewers! Tune in next time for more Pokemon ASB action!

I should have started with Monohm P: But this was a really good first battle for me, I enjoyed it I guess. I'm surprised how close it was.

Yeah it's Dragon and Electric. It's an even match-up plus it's electric so it can hit Dratini in the water with STAB. Good battle though ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)