1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Battle Factory

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by vyomov, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vyomov

vyomov

Dear smogoners
    I'd like to introduce my idea as I'm not sure whether most people know about it
    I will be nominating it for the Other Metagame of the Month
    [​IMG]
    So, in-game, the Battle Factory is a facility at the Battle Frontier where one can play 3-mon random battles: with a twist.
    As most of you may know, the twist is that after winning and healing, the winner can choose one of his pokemon and trade for a pokemon on the team he just beat(he/she gets to choose).
    On PS, I believe this would reinforce the element of strategy in Random Battles. In Random Battles, the advantage/disdvantage(debatable) is that you cannot pre-determine a strategy. With the Battle Factory though, you can because you can trade for a pokemon on the opposing team and slowly work towards a strategy. Battle Factory also ensures you don't end up with horrible teams because, with one lucky win, you can trade and improve the standard of the team.
    However, to successfully and competitively implement the tier, I would like to propose some changes.
    Firstly, just like OU, a banlist has to be implemented otherwise a trainer might just get extremely good pokemon while another one might get so bad pokemon that there will be no chance of him winning.
    This does mean evolving the banlist to exclude BAD pokemon as well as good ones( Magikarp, Sunkern, etc).
    Secondly, lifting the Battle Frontier ban on certain legendaries might not be a bad idea considering ALL pseudo-legendaries are allowed(to be specific, the legendaries NOT to be banned are the non-Uber legendaries such as Rotom, Mew, Jirachi, etc.)
    Thirdly, certain items which could create a nuisance like Soul Dew should remain banned as per the in-game rules.
    Apart from that, I don't see much else to say. Hopefully, either this month or the month after we can get it up.
    Thanking all who read the post for their valuable time and thanking those(in advance) who can give some advice such as on the viability, level limits, etc for taking the time out to contribute to fruitful discussion.
    I will shortly be putting up a provisional banlist on the Pokemon I feel should be disallowed.
    Yours sincerely
    Vyomov
  2. Arcticblast

Arcticblast It hasn't been as nice at night these last few days
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

This was never approved by myself or Birkal. In the future, please read the Other Metagames rules and regulations before posting.

To be honest, I'm not sure if an idea like this would work outside of a dedicated tournament, either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)