Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I'm trying to decide which mega I want to use, so I'll know who to begin breeding. Which seems to be the most effective in the Battle Maison between Garchomp, Lucario, or Gyarados? And is Bullet Punch a necessity on Lucario? Any advice would be appreciated. My story team can't do anything to these guys, and I'm just beginning to breed so I don't have access to much.

found a traunt durant, so now p much all that's left for my battle tower team is just to find a mon with good type coverage that can be sandwiched in between protect/sub/setup move. any ideas?

Just got a quint-flawless Jolly Gible with Outrage off the GTS. Can anyone tell me if it is worth using Mega Garchomp?
P.S. I am planning on using a sand team, and since I have Y I can not get the Tyranitarite.

On another note, should I just use my in-game team until I get enough BP for the power items?

Was thinking of trying Singles Doubles with a lead duo of MegaPinsir and Flygon with Blaziken and Gardevoir for backup. Double EQ spam sounds fun.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In the middle of the 40s now, I think at 46, and still doing really well. Wondering what I should do with my first slot and also confirming that bulky offense is pretty fantastic in here.

My lead for the first 38-ish battles was

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 8/24/8/4/30/25
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Bounce / Dig

Mienshao made for a really nice lead because I could U-turn out into one of the teammates if I couldn't OHKO the opponent. I really needed something that could take on Dark/Poison types, and Mienshao covered this well. Problems were obvious; Adamant nature with imperfect Speed IVs meant a lot more could outspeed Mienshao that what I'd like. In general, poor IVs made Mienshao less consistent than I'd like. Originally had Bounce in the first spot as filler, but I swapped it out for Dig for a more reliable way of beating Drapion and Skuntank as well as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, which are a pain in the ass for this team.

Swapped out Mienshao for a Venomoth that I bred for good IVs, and it's ok, but still not great.

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/10-11/25-26/31/31/31
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder

Venomoth has been a load of fun, and if I can get it going, it sweeps alone a lot of the time. The problems I've been having with it have been Aerodactyl and Archeops leading 75% of the battles Venomoth has been in and 0% of the battles Mienshao was in and missing Sleep Powders/early wake-ups. Otherwise, it's been ok. But it doesn't seem ideal for the team.

The two mons that have been on the team since the beginning:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
IVs: 28/31/13-14/2-3/31/31
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough

I don't set up Belly Drum very often because I usually end up switching in Azumarill on an attack, making it harder to do so. But it's still a bulky offensive priority user that hits really hard and takes hits well. Not much else to say about it.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/19-20/31/31
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Really easy to set up Aegislash, and it's definitely the best member of the team. The fact that Aegislash can get Leftovers recovery while potentially using Charm against the opponent is great, especially when the opponent rarely switches. Tried this with Iron Head over King's Shield, but it's way better with King's Shield for sure. Also tried it with Lum Berry, but with King's Shield, I wanted Leftovers recovery. Sacred Sword is also great for all of the random Stockpile, DOUBLE TEAM, and Iron Defense users.

So that's what I've been using, and it's been pretty consistent so far. Any suggestions over Venomoth for a lead? Sleep is cool, but so was having a pivot. I can't decide if I should switch back to Mienshao (after breeding a better one ofc) or find something else.

To Treecko:

You might want to have a bulky offense lead or a speedy lead. I've been running a team myself of MMawile, Gyarados, and Dragalge, and tbh Dragalge is mostly filler while MMawile or Gyarados are there to Intimidate threats, set up with SD/DD and go to town. In your case, a Mienshao i seems great at first, but even with a Jolly nature it gets outsped by a lot of stuff and is pretty frail. I'd recommend an Intimidate user as a lead to scout your opponent at -1, and go from there. Or even an Extremespeed SD Focus Sash Lucario would do nicely.

In terms of my own team, I'm thinking of replacing Dragalge with Calm Mind Sylveon. Dragalge is a bit too slow, and I've lost to Latios/Latias so I kinda want an answer to them if MMawile is KOd.

I've been having great success with this team:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Aura Sphere
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak
-King's Shield

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw

Scarfed Garchomp is a great lead, Mega Blastoise is pretty strong and bulky, and Aegislash is FUCKING OVERPOWERED. If Aegislash doesn't make it to OU then I don't know what will. Seriously.

Mega Blastoise is great and all, but probably the weakest link of the team... Thinking about replacing it, any suggestions?

One of the most annoying things in here is an Aromatisse that carries Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss and Draining Kiss. Especially since all my Pokemon are female...

Oh god that Aromatisse... I have the same problem too. All my mons are female and two of them (MMawile/Gyarados) pack attack boosting moves so chances are they'll take large amounts of damage if confused.

I've been playing Multi battles. You can team up with Shauna, Tierno, Trevor or someone on your friends list (they're not actually playing though) which is pretty cool. I teamed up with Shauna who has Sylveon and Goodra. I'm getting pretty far actually

I played Rotation battles with the team displayed in the OP and it works better than in singles. I can rotate to Klefki for screens when needed, rotate Blaziken to kill something or rotate it out if there's something walling it. The AI is hard to predict but that what makes it fun :). I lost at the 21st battle of the super rotation series because the opponent protected twice in a row to make my high jump kick crash (with 2 different pokes) and I miss the 3rd one. My other pokes couldn't finish the rest :(. Blaziken may not be the best mega for the battle mason because of the unreliability of high jump kick...

I'm training 6 pokes for triples (and can also be used for doubles), this is a team based around trick room and boomburst from Exploud, sounds great :).

Got up to a streak of 27 in super singles before I met the accursed Choice Scarf Horn Drill Rapidash which killed everything.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Modest, 252spa/252spe
Natural Cure
-Surf
-Psyshock
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant, 252HP/252atk
Intimidate>Huge Power
-Play Rough
-Power Up Punch
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Modest, 252spa/252spe
-Flamethrower
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic

I don't see why people aren't using PuP on Megawile, it gives it both a way to get past steels (with 600+ attack, an effective neutral 80BP is decent) as well as a boosting move all in one.

Last edited:
I don't see why people aren't using PuP on Megawile, it gives it both a way to get past steels (with 600+ attack, an effective neutral 80BP is decent) as well as a boosting move all in one.
Most people don't use PUP on MMawile because she gets Swords Dance instead. It's much faster to SD then sweep.

Most people don't use PUP on MMawile because she gets Swords Dance instead. It's much faster to SD then sweep.
I can see the merits of SD, and I'm not discrediting it, but it's a very cool slash for the set that I think warrants a bit more experimentation.

I've been using Mawile myself and it can get by steels just fine with a +2 sucker punch now that it's not resisted anymore. Two power up punches on a steel type (80+120) isn't much stronger than a +2 sucker punch (160) and it's really not worth getting hit twice just to do a little more damage, especially when a +2 sucker punch is already extreme overkill on almost everything. SD is just much more efficient because it's faster and you only need to take one hit to get to +2. Not that PUP is bad, it just seems very inferior to SD.

I do have to say though, Mega Mawile is pretty damn good in the super singles. Gonna try out Talonflame > Azumarill on my current team once I EV train my perfect bird and I'll report back on how it does.

At streak of 47 got flinchhaxed by a king's rock starmie using tbolt on my greninja in trick room after an exeggutor crited my goodra with explosion.

Reactions: JES
IMO Aegislash gets haxed too much because its so slow. I'm considering making a new team for redemption because my Memento / Sucker Punch / Counter / Protect Zoroark + Aegislash + Moxiemence team didn't do so hot. I'll probably use a crippler + SD Baton Pass Scolipede thanks to Speed Boost, but I'm having trouble deciding on a sweeper. Any suggestions. Preferably something with lowish speed, high attack, and few weaknesses to exploit.

Made a new team, from MMawile/Gyarados/Dragalge to Greninja/MMawile/Sylveon. Last team got ran over by a Latios, so new team is designed to beat it silly.

Then I get run over by a Sunny Day Chlorophyll Victreebel with Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Weather Ball (beat my MMawile, didn't even know it had access to it) and Sludgebomb for my Sylveon.

Feels bad man.

I've been slogging my way through with SDef Tyranitar, PDef Rotom-W and ScarfChomp (to be replaced with Sand Rush Excadrill once I get enough bp for the ability capsule). I've amazingly managed to avoid getting haxed too badly (lol at Crobat trying to Air Slash my TTar to death), but we'll see. I'm around battle 35 iirc.

The two mons that have been on the team since the beginning:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
IVs: 28/31/13-14/2-3/31/31
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough

I don't set up Belly Drum very often because I usually end up switching in Azumarill on an attack, making it harder to do so. But it's still a bulky offensive priority user that hits really hard and takes hits well. Not much else to say about it.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
IVs: 31/31/31/19-20/31/31
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
I am using these two as well with a Hydreigon Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/U turn lead. Hydreigon and Aegislash have perfect synergy. So far im 22 wins in without a single problem (besides Durant)

The AI is still pretty stupid sometimes. I had an aegislash with about 30 HP left against a weezing. The weezing, which had fire blast, decided to use pain split at full health.

Reactions: JES
So I just found out, if you kill yourself through recoil on your last mon but also take out your opponent's last mon, you still win. Not really sure if this is old information or if it's how it worked in the past, but I was just surprised that I won when I was forced to brave bird at low health with my last mon Talonflame.

Also I agree that the AI is really bad at times. Every time I see a Samurott it encores my sucker punch, then attacks right after.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am using these two as well with a Hydreigon Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/U turn lead. Hydreigon and Aegislash have perfect synergy. So far im 22 wins in without a single problem (besides Durant)
I was thinking about Hydreigon ages ago before I even had my Azumarill/Aegislash but forgot about it. That sounds great; thanks!

Also just beat the Maisonite or w/e it's called named Nita at 50 battles. She was using Landorus/Thundurus/Tornadus. Missed Sleep Powder first turn w/ Venomoth and got 2HKOed, then brought out Azumarill, Belly Drummed, and cleaned the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)