Battle Maison Discussion & Records

we should just have a new thread, i was gonna make it maybe :s unless someone else who will upkeep it will

im currently running a team in super singles that is doing well

mega charizard Y
Modest - blaze
dragon pulse
air slash
solar beam
flamethrower

Aegislash
Brave - Stance change - left overs
Sacred sword
king's shield
sword's dance
Shadow Claw

Breloom
Adamant - technician - life orb
Bullet seed
spore
power-up punch
rock tomb

any suggestions? im realy not sure about breloom as although I love it it doesn't do as well as the others.

What are your thoughts on the AI cheating? I've had a Charizard Focus Blast my Thick Fat Mamoswine for the KO. Shouldn't the AI have used a fire move unless it knew my ability beforehand? I'm pretty sure the Charizard had a fire move because it seemed like a reasonable set. It used Air Slash on my Hawlucha.

Otherwise, I've always been a fan of doubles more. Having more options to cover weaknesses and strategize turn order is more fun to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any records worth posting since I just started.

the ai cheating is kinda ridiculous. however if it didn't cheat the battles would be crazy easy. I think they do need to tune it better of course so that it is more like competitive battling and less hoping you don't get para/flinch haxd to death

Reactions: JES
How about Dry Skin Heliolisk? He outspeeds all of them and can KO with Thunderbolt or Grass Knot, and he's immune to their water attacks.
I considered it, but its HP and Defense are just so bad, and 109 SpA just doesn't seem high enough to compensate. Thanks anyway though.

EDIT: I'm thinking of Cloyster/Goodra/Mega Blaziken; the only problem is that Goodra is the only bulky Pokemon on the team. I've already bred a flawless Modest Goomy, so should I go with this team or change it?

Last edited:
I got to 42 on my first try running the following:
Timid Gengar Focus sash
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt

Adamant Hitmontop @Sitrus berry (the most hindered Pokemon on my team but helped my switching-out of Gengar when expecting Dark moves.
-Fake Out (Usually got protected as expected)
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide (really wish this could be sucker punch, it was feint for awhile)
-Detect

Jolly Garchomp Lum Berry
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rockslide

These were my only EV'd/IV'd Pokemon and just went with it. I lost to a Gengar using a very similar setup who outsped my perfect speed Gengar and everything fell apart from there.

I was able to get a streak of 95 on my first try by using Mega Kangaskhan, Talonflame, and Greninja. I lost mainly due to a bad decision on my part, and I definitely believe that I could have won that particular match and continued my streak past 100.

One thing that stuck out to me was how, uh, "tame" the Maison seems in comparison to the old Tower and Subway. In the old games I tended to start out entering with a lot of sweepers, but never being able to keep up with the offense, defense, and luck as the streaks got higher, and eventually I had to switch to TrickScarf/TruAnt teams to break 100. In this game, my sweepers were able to pretty much demolish everything and didn't seem to be affected by overly skewed bad luck as much. I didn't need to use any specialized strategies to get as high as I did. I wonder if it will change when I pass 100 on the way to 200, but for now the Maison seems very reasonable.

I do like how much BP you accumulate from winning every match. It pretty much mitigates the sheer number of good items that are offered for you to buy.

Always been in love with Battle Frontier. Picked up playing Pokemon since last week, when I bought a Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon Y.
When I saw the Battle Maison, I knew it was time for a new challenge.

In DPP this was my team, which achieved me an 559 win streak. But the metagame had changed quite a lot, and so did te Pokemon, so it's definetly time for a new Pokemon XY based team.

The team from the 559 win streak in Pokemon DPP

Cresselia (F) @ Choice Scarf *** Brain
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Trick
- Flash
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
---

Salamence (F) @ Lum Berry ** Tiamatria
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Roost
---

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers ** Gripe
Ability: Technician
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
---

The idea behind this team is quite understandable. Trick something with Cresselia, cripple it as good as possible, and then set up and sweep. I really like this kind of strategy, so I was thinking about a comparable strategy for the Battle Maison.

However, due to my lack of experience with the Battle Maison, and Pokemon XY in general, I definetly might use some help.

This is what I came up with so far.. (U have to know that I have Pokemon Y, and I am not able to find someone who would help me to trade/give items/pokemon yet..)

Rotom - Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: enough speed to outspeed Aerodactyl, rest in HP, leftovers in the defenses
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt/Reflect
-Flash/Reflect

This is so far the onliest reliable Pokemon that learns Trick, and is capable to create a setupfodder for Mega Tyranitar. Okay overal defenses to take most hits, fast enough to trick a scarf on almost every Pokemon. At the ideal scenario, it tricks a scarf, and paralyses the opponent before it dies.

Mega Tyranitar

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: Max attack, enough speed to outspeed anything with 2DDs under the belt. Rest in HP.
Adamant nature
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Substitute
-Rock Slide/Earthquake

I loved this thing right of the bat. Huge stats, and the ever nice Sand Storm to boost its already massive SpDef. Because its in the hax tower, I prefer 100% acc moves, so 20% Stone miss is no option for me.

Tyrantar is very vulnerable to a fighting priority user, so my third slot should be filled with something that could resist or at least handle fighting moves.. Some ideas? Thank you

I've been having good success with this (Broke the 40 mark):

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Speed Boost
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
-Protect
-Shadow Claw
-Blaze Kick
-High Jump Kick

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Calm 252 HP / 4 Sp Att / 252 Sp Def
-Dazzling Gleam
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Air Slash

Haxorus @ Sitrus Berry
Mold Breaker
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Poison Jab

Then suddenly a scarfed Ramprados comes and Head Smashes its way through my team after my High Jump Kick missed =_=

Just went through a few rounds on my lunch break, using my in-game team for shits and giggles, and my Granbull got paraflinched to death by a fucking Snubbull. Good to see hax is alive and well.

my super single streak ended at 162 due to me misplaying so hard im still mad about this

lo greninja with uturn/ice beam/surf/grass knot
mega scizor with sd/roost/bullet punch/scissor
yache chomp with sd/eq/stone edge/outrage

i lost to stone edge missing but it was still my fault cuz i didnt go right into garchomp vs moltres... i was worried about burn and then fighting last mon suicune or something but it was terrakion and i had already lost my scizor and my chomp got burned
This might be a silly question but how do you get roost on the Scyther? Is there a move tutor somewhere?

My team sucks, could somebody help?

Delphox with Fire Blast / Psychic / Grass Knot / Calm Mind
Aegislash with Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword / Iron Head / Swords Dance
Gardevoir with Psychic / Moonblast / Grass Knot / Thunderbolt

I can't beat the 20th person and struggle to get there anyways. Help me please?

My team sucks, could somebody help?

Delphox with Fire Blast / Psychic / Grass Knot / Calm Mind
Aegislash with Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword / Iron Head / Swords Dance
Gardevoir with Psychic / Moonblast / Grass Knot / Thunderbolt

I can't beat the 20th person and struggle to get there anyways. Help me please?
You might want to get something that resists/nulls Ground attacks instead of Gardevoir, seeing as Delphox and Aegislash are both weak. Gyarados might help, seeing as it is immune to ground, resists water, and Intimidate is helpful to tank physical hits.

Hi, out of my X team which Pokémons would you suggest to run (mind you, I'm not a pro but the mons have right set, nature and power)?
Blaziken/Gengar/HugeDiggersby/Noivern/Barbaracle/Galvantula

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ferrothorn is a bitch and you should always pack a Fire move. Just letting everyone know before they get stuck in the same terrible situation I did.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Geez my team sucks badly and those points are just painful to farm.

Got a Pangoro (Pivot Memento, Stabs, Strengh), Greninja (Waterfall, U-Turn, Night Slash, Return), Venusaur (Recover, Sleep, Stabs), Heliolisk (Volt Switch, Stabs, TWave), Flygon (RockSlide/Dig/DClaw/U-Turn), Virillion (never tried it yet in the Maison, it has Quiver Dance, Stabs and another attacking move), Doublade (with Eviolite.. is it even worth evolving it ?... SD SClaw/SacredSword/GyroBall).

-If you have an idea about any 3-mons combo, share it, plx. But my moves probably suck too (like Venusaur only has its stabs and it's meh)-

Imma train a Blaziken to fuck them off... but I want the Power Items to do so... UNGH WHY

PS : I'm done with the classic Solo Battles, and for the Super Solo, I can't seem to get pasT 7 wins or so

Last edited:
So I'm doing normal singles because I accidentally selected it and just went with it, as I would be getting 20 points at the end, so not a huge loss not going for Super.
On the 16ish round, trainer sends out a stunfisk. I am reluctant to switch out my Mawile because my team was terribadly selected (Again, I didn't care that much because it wasn't Super), I didn't want Blaziken to eat an earthquake and I didn't want Talonflame to eat a thunderbolt.

I went for a play rough on it, but it endured, and was left with 1 hp. I go for it again and focus band activates... I get static'd and paralyzed, and fisk goes for a thunderbolt and takes out 30%. I get slightly annoyed but it wasn't too big of a deal. Next, the trainer sends out a rhydon and I gtfo'd my Mawile, knowing it could not take a stabbed/SE earthquake, especially at 70%. Talonflames comes in and floats over the EQ. Next turn, I target my will-o-wisp at Rhydon but it quickclawed and obliterated the bird with a stone edge. I send in Blaziken and uppercut the Rhydon, it does about 70%, but it goes down after another EQ. I start sweating at this point. Mawile goes for a suckerpunch for a kill... but QC activates! Aha, but priority > QC... Mawile is fully paralyzed.

Not the worst story but, fuck you Battle Maison.

Hey guys need help choosing my 3rd poke for singles in the battle maison. Right now im running a mega blaziken and lantern but having trouble finding a 3rd poke to kill the ground and psychic weaknesses. I was thinking Hydreigon with the darking typing, levitate and massive SpA but its 4x weakness to fairy and my team having no way to easily deal with the fairy type is making me hesitate on him. Anyone have another choice by chance?

Hey guys need help choosing my 3rd poke for singles in the battle maison. Right now im running a mega blaziken and lantern but having trouble finding a 3rd poke to kill the ground and psychic weaknesses. I was thinking Hydreigon with the darking typing, levitate and massive SpA but its 4x weakness to fairy and my team having no way to easily deal with the fairy type is making me hesitate on him. Anyone have another choice by chance?
How about a gengar? It can't switch into the psychic attacks, but can OHKO most of them and deal with fairies and ground.

I just got to 45 wins on the super singles and lost... damn I was getting close to dat 50 BP. I used a team of Mega-Mawile (lead), sash Gengar, and splash plate bellyjet Azumarill, all with perfect IVs except for Gengar's defense.

Movesets:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb (might replace with wave since I've seen bulletproof Chesnaught)
- Thunderbolt (lol idk what to put here)
- Destiny Bond

My strategy with this team was to just try and set up with Mawile and sweep outright if I could, otherwise switch to Azumarill to take fire type hits and Gengar for ground. D-bond Gengar for things I just can't kill.

I lost to a team of Mamoswine, Ninetales, and Gallade. I stayed in with M-Mawile on turn one thinking I could take an EQ after intimidate, but nope, LO Mamoswine too stronk. Ninetales had energy ball which killed my Azumarill, then broke my Gengar's sash. And then my heart sank when they sent out Gallade as their last.

My team seemed to work well for the most part, but the problem with running slowmons in battle maison is that you just become susceptible to t-wave swagger bullshit that seems to be pretty common. I'm thinking of replacing Azumarill with Talonflame though, does anyone think that would be a good idea? It would make handling Ferrothorn easier, but then Swampert/Seismitoad might become problematic since I'll just have to muscle through them or destiny bond them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)