Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I would like to share my Multi Battle team that got me to 50 win streak.

AI Pokemon:
Typhlosion (lead)
Abilitiy: Blaze
Eruption
Focus Blast
Heat Wave
Extrasensory
Item: Choice Scarf

Gastrodon (back-up)
Ability: Storm Drain
Attacks
Sandstorm
Earth Power
Surf
Recover
Item: Leftovers

http://www.serebii.net/xy/maisonpartner.shtml (Info on the type of pokemon AI partner have)

My Pokemon:
Ninetales (lead)
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV: 252 Speed 252 Special Attack 6 HP
Nature: Timid
Ability: Drought
Attacks:
Flamethrower
Hypnosis
Extrasensory
Solar Beam
Item: Wise Glasses

(Mega) Kangaskhan (Back-up)
EV: 252 Attack 252 Speed 6HP
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Scrappy (Parental Bond)
Attacks:
Fake Out
Return
Sucker Punch
Power up Punch

I've read many people with pokemon using moves such as Rock Slide, Heatwave, Eruption etc, came out with good results. So I choose the AI with Typhlosion and Gastrodon.

My thought process while deciding which pokemon to use was to make sure my AI gets an attack off, and power them up as much as I can. Since Typhlosion has Choice Scarf he would be able to get off an attack before you're opponent. With a full HP Typhlosion and sun set by Ninetales, he would be able to sweep, unless there are pokemon type with Rock/Water. Then you would use Solarbeam to knock out that pokemon. Worst case scenario, you get match up against an Aerodactyl/Archeops. Aerodactyl's super speed and rock slide will wreck Ninetales and Typhlosion, even worse case would be a flinch. You probably can get off an attack or 2 against Archeops due to his lower speed compared to Aerodactyl, but his attacks hit harder than Aerodactyl.

If sweeping with Typhlosion and Ninetales doesn't work, I proceed with Mega Kangaskhan. Gastrodon can basically take most hits except for grass which Gastrodon is 4x weak against. With that in mind, I would use Mega Kangaskhan to fake out that pokemon first. Keep in mind that Gastrodon have really bad speed thus will attack last. Gastrodon will most likely use Surf or Earth Power to knock out the pokemon. With Kangaskhan's and Gastrodon bulk and they can take 1 hit before they get knocked out.

This is my thought process was for each fight. The only problem I have is against Aerodactyl and Archeops. I've gotten to 50 win streak without having to face Aerodactyl or Archeops, but in my many other attempts, I failed to pass those 2 rock flying pokemons. If anyone has any tips on that problem, feel free to help me out :D

Alive again. Finally got the stupid berries. With a rotation team, no less.

8x4g-wwww-www6-7sta

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold, Water Absorb
HP 244 Def 252 SpA 4 SpD 4 Spd 4
Wish
Protect
Scald
Haze

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant, Multiscale
HP 22 Atk 252 Spd 236
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Scizor @ Focus Sash
Adamant, Technician
HP 6 Atk 252 Spd 252
Bullet Punch
Super Power
Bug Bite
Swords Dance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish, Poison Heal
HP 208 Def 56 Spd 244
Protect
Substitute
Earthquake
Toxic

Wish is cool. Gliscor is hilarious.

Thinking about trying Aegislash and thinking harder about Scizor's EVs. I just took a leftover from bank without touching EVs, anyone with thoughts for Scizor?

Chansey/Blissey/Alomomola are interesting wish users to look at too.

Last edited:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a little tidbit - the AI has Pokémon with IVs of 3 across the board at the first battle of the non-super runs, and 19 at the first battle of super runs. I assume it increases evenly until 20/50, at which point it becomes 15/31s. Haven't got that far yet.

I should check partner AI in multi...

It's finally over. I got all 5 Battle Maison trophies!
I used the same team Haunter used to get his Super Multi Trophy,
but Garchomp carried Iron head over Fire Fang because I don't like the fairies, Mamoswine, or Aurorus existing.
The risk-free flinch proc proved to be useful in some battles, too!

L79W-WWWW-WWW6-7TDF
http://i60.tinypic.com/2wncsn9.jpg
Based Haunter

This happened on the way to the 50th victory:
3FMG-WWWW-WWW6-7T2U
Based Cryogonal

Gonna keep doing Maison for battle point farming, my ability capsule addiction isn't sated yet.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Just a little tidbit - the AI has Pokémon with IVs of 3 across the board at the first battle of the non-super runs, and 19 at the first battle of super runs. I assume it increases evenly until 20/50, at which point it becomes 15/31s. Haven't got that far yet.
I actually did some fooling around with the super line a little while back when I was adding some stuff to the database and it seems to be 19 IVs (all set 1 Pokemon) for the first 10 battles, 19 (set 1 Pokemon) or 23 (set 2 Pokemon) IVs for battles 11-20, and 23 (set 2 Pokemon) or 27 (set 3 Pokemon) IVs for battles 21-30. I didn't do anything beyond that, but I'd assume 27 with set 3 Pokemon and 31 with set 4 Pokemon for battles 31-40, and then after that just 31 IVs for all the trainers (as listed here).

So I've been messing around with a few team ideas for the maison, but need some feedback on how to make the stuff work:

Metagross@Assault Vest
172 HP 252 Atk 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
Clear Body
Meteor Miss Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Bullet Punch

Simple AV Metagross, probably one of my favorite pokes overall, not much can OHKO him aside from STAB EQs or Landorus (who is easily played around). The EVs outspeed the WoW Chandelure and Heatran and smash both with EQ (the other variants cannot OHKO you from full, even with the reduced HP EVs). Bullet Punch is for priority (notably it removes the pain that is Choiced Aerodactyl). Clear Body removes any chance of stat drop hax and blocks intimidate. Meteor Miss and Zen Miss, while annoying, have not been as painful as they could have been, TBH. Main problem is that I constantly get hit with freaking swagger/confuse ray, especially early on in the super runs.

Greninja@Lum Berry/Focus Sash/Life Orb
Protean
Timid Nature
4 Def 252 SAtk 252Spe
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse

Gen 6's Starmie, crazy good coverage and lightning fast. The Protean has lead to some hilarious mindgames with the AI making this thing an excellent answer to Bulky Waters with me switching between Grass Knot and another move (often Dark Pulse, especially against slowbro/king) and a good anti-Fire and ghost poke to help metagross. I am unsure on the item, Lum is nice for when I bring it in on fire types and WoW/hypnosis ghosts, sash is nice because of how frail it is, and LO is good for power. Only problem is that it cannot do anything when paralyzed or when something outspeeds it (notably scarfers, Noivern, and Aerodactyl). I have considered using Crawdaunt in the same vein (but definitely Lum on it since it CANNOT EVER get burned).

I also have trouble picking what to use in the third slot, Aegislash gives me something to do against ferrothorn, Thundy-I, Lando-I, and Nidoking are immune to para and pack a nice punch--Nidoking has amazing coverage, thundy has prankster TWave and Sub, Lando has Rock Polish.

There's also this set I have been fooling around with, but can never fit into a good team:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Spe
Pickpocket
Fake Out
Knock Off
Ice Shard
Ice Punch

Easily one of my favorite sash abusers, since for those who do not know when your sash activates so does your ability which steals your opponent's item. Fake out is always nifty priority, same with Ice Shard (especially against scarf Lando and Aero). Knock Off is insanely strong and removes items (you get the idea here), and Ice Punch is Ice Punch. However the problem comes with Rough Skin things (especially ferrothorn) and things that can Curse against you, however it works well to both kill things and support at the same time.

I know it was a long post, but I need a hand getting this together, I have a good idea of what's up, but just need some help really getting a team glued together.

icu812 your gliscor has Substitute twice.

I am toying with some ideas and breeding up a storm, doing a zillion calculations and trying to piece together a team that works that doesn't include M-Kanga, Dragonite or Greninja. Hope to have something together soon. Man I wish Charizard Y's speed increased upon mega evolution... could be so sexy if it was a little faster...

Got my Super Triples Monument! Now I just need every single other one.

Just slapped together a ragtag crew that I had on hand. No real thought behind it. Besides Klefki.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry (Right)
Ability: Prankster
IV: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play
- Spikes

Garchomp (G.C. Hammer) @ Assault Vest/Yache Berry (Center) for 50th battle used Stone Plate and moved to Left
Ability: Rough Skin
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Talonflame (T-Sizzle) @ Sharp Beak (Left) for 50th battle moved to Center
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Togekiss (Togenator) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Dream
- Air Slash
- Safeguard
- Aura Sphere

Mawile (Van MaWilder) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EV: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang

Milotic (Ticolmi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

I started off with a few different pokes but this is what I ended up with by the 40's. I had Togekiss with Follow Me and as a starter and would do that, Earthquake/Rock Slide, and Tailwind, but decided to put my streak on hold to breed a Klefki. Basic idea now was put up Light Screen and Reflect, in whatever order the battle demands, switch out Klefki for Togekiss and Brave Bird/Flare Blitz, Air Slash, and Earthquake/Rock Slide to death. Had its faults, and so did my backup three, but they got the job done. Tailwind when really necessary.

As for battle 50, I was so exited to win I forgot to save the battle video. Sad face. But I have a sweet pic of my characters awesome fashion sense next to my trophy!

Battle Preparations: I changed things around a bit for battle 50. I put Talonflame in Center and Garchomp in Left. I took off Assault Vest on Garchomp and put on Stone Plate for Rock Sliding the Legendary Birds. What that allowed me to do is Flare Blitz Articuno wherever he was and hopefully OHKO him.

The Battle Begins: She threw out Articuno to my left, Registeel Center, and Zapdos to my right. I Flare Blitz Articuno, OHKO, nice. I shift Garchomp to Center. He moves and absorbs Zaps Thunder! Haha, the battle is mine. Two Rock Slides had Zap dead, LS and Reflect now in full effect. Moltres came in for Articuno, I Protected with Talonflame for second Rock Sliding, the AI loved aiming at T Sizzle and that turn was no different so GC takes no damage! I keep Klefki in because he is barely targeted and has yet to be seriously damaged. I pull Talonflame for Milotic and finish off Moltres after a Rock Slide. Regice comes in for Zap and misses Blizzard once but hits GC second time but he's still kicking strong because of LS. Regirock comes in for Moltres, Milotic says no problem. I Rock Slide Regice to death, but closely because of his Sitrus Berry. Klefki is still kickin up LS and Reflects like it's going out of style. I have Registeel left who has been dwindling GC and Klefki's health down but not significantly due to a few Rock Slide flinches and dual screens, and I sub in Talonflame and Togekiss to surround Garchomp in an Earthquake deathblow. 6-0 faints. I didn't think I would quite do that but I'll take it.

Would have probably benefited from Greninja instead of Milotic among many other things, but I never had a Milo in the other games and didn't feel like spending the time to breed/trade for a Greninj. I believe I'm another example that you don't need super teams to win the Maison. At least the trophies. Or at least the triples trophy. One out of five ain't bad. I think my true talent lies in nicknaming pokemon.

Last edited:
icu812 your gliscor has Substitute twice.

I am toying with some ideas and breeding up a storm, doing a zillion calculations and trying to piece together a team that works that doesn't include M-Kanga, Dragonite or Greninja. Hope to have something together soon. Man I wish Charizard Y's speed increased upon mega evolution... could be so sexy if it was a little faster...
You could give it flame charge, does a bit of (sun-boosted) damage and suddenly your zard Y is faster than anything that is not scarfed, and if you get two off then that's a wrap.

Hey again guys!!! I'm here to bring my latest Super Triple Record:

569!!!!

How did I made it?? Well... after a LOT of changes in many partys, I came with a plan (later I realized that was similar to Eppie's): Mat-Blocking so my infamous fluffy killer could set-up, and after that, just kill everything. With the ocasional Tailwind so my back-ups could be more secure.

The Proof:
image.jpeg

A couple of Pics of my way there xD
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg

And now, the Actual Party:

Mockingjay (Talonflame) (F) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/13/31/31
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Her ability is just crazy. Fast and strong. Shell Bell for her to last longer. She's very reliable. And the Tailwind setter in half the ocasions. Specially:
- When the other team has fast pokemon.
- When there is no risk of Trick Room
- When She's probably going down in the turn (Jolteon, Aerodactyl or Scarf probability)

DEATH (Azumarill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/8/31/31
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

This guy is AMAZING (He's name in honor of the Terry Pratchett's character). He needs just 1 turn to bring distruction to ANY type of team. Fluffy and cute enough for Jolteon and Electrode priorize my other leads, and after the second turn, he's just crazy killer. Aqua Jet can really trash almost anything (or at least bring it so low it can be killed with any other attack). And under Trick Room, he becomes even more powerful. Play Rough can smash literally anything and Superpower is saved fot the steel type. Only in a couple ocasions I coudn't set him up. Only a couple in almost 570.

Shakespeare (Greninja) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/16/31/31/31/31
- Mat Block
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

The protector. Always Mat-Block in the first turn. Thats the LAW. After that, he's crazy good. Fast, strong, and Protean can totaly ruin the AI.

Hulk (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/13/31/31
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

THE HULK. He has 1 Job: Transform and Smash. One of my favourite pokemon of all time. Bulky enough to endure many type of hits, Fast enough under Tailwind to outspeed a TON of Maison pokemon, and slow enough without Tailwind to be safe under Trick Room. He's move pool makes him never land a not-effective attack, and he can make any bulky pokemon go back crying to mama. I just love him.

Volcano (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/21/31/31/31/31
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Protect

He also has just 1 Job: Erupt. Thats why he's name is Volcano. Because he makes Eruption. Nothing more. Nothing less. Under Tailwind he has 304 speed, so nothing outspeeds him. Modest and Choice Specs make his Eruption so strong it can kill the 3 other pokemon at once.

The Janitor (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/6/31/31/31/31
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Janitor is actually my Team Cleaner. Under Tailwind he outspeeds everything 2. And with 2 STAB attack that can hit anything on the field... well... he really is made for cleaning up the things that survive all my other beasts. The only bad thing of him is his x4 weakness against Fairy. But it really never gave me that much of a trouble.

How did I lost:
Well. I got used to use Tailwind only in the right ocasions, 'cause some Trick Roomers gave me a lot of trouble (specially Cresselia). And so I learned in wich battles Tailwind was necessary and in wich battles it wasn't.
The thing is, in Battle 570 I got a Hippowdon and a Excadrill. I didn't remember at the moment about SAND RUSH, Making that Excadrill a real threat. He was. I didn't Tailwind and he attacked with Rock Slide. Mockingjay was down... and I though "Well... its no that big of a deal, I still got my DEATH. He kills everything". But a message destroyed all my hopes: Shakespeare is flinched and couldn't protect DEATH :( Then I knew it was over. Scizor Bug Bited Shakespeare (Super Efective to dark) and kills him. DEATH makes his belly drum and goes to the red, turning into an easy target to Hippowdon's EQ (otherwise, EQ never gave me trouble). After that, I knew it was all over. Without Tailwind on my side it was almost impossible for me to turn the table. In fact, I played the mock battle many times and I won each one of them only making tailwind (or Shakespeare Mat Blocking). Well.... it was absolutely my mistake: Next time, anticipate Sand Rush.

Some Battle Videos:

#450: XCHG-WWWW-WWW6-8R34
An Example of my party in accion.

#453: BL3G-WWWW-WWW6-8R39
An Example against a Legendary Trainer (Veteran).

#504: RM6W-WWWW-WWW6-8R3F
A battle against a Trick Room party that gave me a little bit more trouble than usual.

#570: U67G-WWWW-WWW6-8R3J
The one I Lost. Damn Sand Rush :(

Thank you guys for your attention. Feel free to use my party to win some battles :D
I would appreciate if Eppie uploads my record (And the one I posted earlier, in page 48, about me winning the 5 trophys in Feb. 1st. He never saw that aparently :( )

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think anyone has got the natures or EV investment of the Maison bosses yet, so I'll start with the super triples boss.

Regirock Sturdy Adamant 252HP/252Atk Luminous Moss Ice Punch/Rock Slide/Drain Punch/Earthquake
Registeel Light Metal Jolly 252Atk/252Spe King's Rock Rock Polish/Earthquake/Iron Head/Thunder Punch
Regice Clear Body Impish 252HP/252SpDef Zoom Lens Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave
Articuno Pressure Jolly 252Atk/252Spe Charti Berry Frost Breath/Reflect/Steel Wing/U-Turn
Zapdos Static Naive 252SpAtk/252Spe Petaya Berry Thunder/Light Screen/Rain Dance/Drill Peck
Moltres Flame Body Modest 252SpAtk/252Spe White Herb Overheat/Air Slash/Tailwind/Will-O-Wisp

Abilities are forced for the boss' Pokémon, no?

...I think this is the worst boss I've ever seen in the history of Frontiers.

Edit: For doubles

Suicune Pressure Timid 252SpAtk/252Spe Lum Berry Icy Wind/Surf/Blizzard/Protect
Latios Levitate Bold 252HP/252Def Lax Incense Calm Mind/Luster Purge/Dragon Pulse/Recover
Entei Flash Fire Adamant 252HP/252Atk Life Orb Sacred Fire/Iron Head/Stone Edge/Protect
Raikou Pressure Timid 252SpAtk/252Spe Air Balloon Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Shadow Ball/Protect

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain the Maison bosses' pokes are listed on the Maison pokes spreadsheet. As far as I can tell, the ability for Maison bosses' pokes are also not fixed, as I've played the Super Doubles boss twice and saw different abilities each time.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm fairly certain the Maison bosses' pokes are listed on the Maison pokes spreadsheet. As far as I can tell, the ability for Maison bosses' pokes are also not fixed, as I've played the Super Doubles boss twice and saw different abilities each time.
I see... well, I suppose if anyone runs into something that's not in the spreadsheet, this tool can reveal the set when used in combination with this one. Have a partner do the process with you so you can reveal the info of opponent's Pokémon, then keep saving to that same battle video slot as you run into something that's missing, then export the .pk6 data.

Rotation is such a ridiculous category.

Got a 106 streak, which I'm thoroughly unhappy with.

JTAG-WWWW-WWW6-96QB is the loss at 107.

It's not the first battle that's had the same kind of nonsense. Instead of going for attacks that seem reasonable, the AI "predicts" my rotations and utterly wrecks me. I guess I need to look into research on the Rotation AI? Normally the opponent goes for the most damaging move unless it has a setup/status move to prioritize, right? For Rotation, I can't tell if it's just a random attack, or what.

Anyway, I still enjoy the team.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant
252 Atk, 44 speed, the rest in HP I think?
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Brick Break
Play Rough

I don't have a default lead, exactly, Azumarill just happened to be the lead this time. The goal is to get him set up, using Latias and Aegislash to play around the opponent until I've got a good chance to take a resisted hit from something, then Belly Drum. After that, he's usually content to spam +6 Aqua Jet, but occasionally the other moves come into play if he's still got around 50% HP. Once he's set up, he's able to sweep more than a few teams, if they lack a good Water resist.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
King's Shield

One of the two defenders, of sorts. The goal with Aegislash is to get a SD or two while taking hits Azumarill isn't a fan of. After that, +2 or +4 Shadow Sneak does a wonderful job of picking things off. Sacred Sword for both the coverage and the little bit of added power over Shadow Sneak. King's Shield is more useful in Rotation than Doubles, certainly, since I can try to catch the occasional physical hit and really gimp something.

Latias @ Brightpowder
Timid
252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 SpAtk
Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball
Psychic
Calm Mind

One of the reasons I wanted Latias is that it has a pretty nice type synergy with Aegislash and Azumarill (as I'm writing this, I realize the type similarity to Suizorous). However, if I had to pick a weak link on the team, I'd say it's probably this one. Energy Ball is a move I really prefer having, especially with how many Swamperts I seem to run into. Dragon Pulse for STAB, and I went with Psychic over Psyshock because I've already got so much hitting on the physical spectrum.

I'm really on the fence both about the EVs and the moveset. Roost gives it more longevity, but at the expense of an attack. Toxic is a way to weaken stuff more indirectly, but I'm not sure I want to try and play the stall game, necessarily? And there's always Draco Meteor, but I'm not convinced I want to be stuck with -2 SpAtk, especially when switching is such a bad option in Rotation.

What Latias really needs is her Mega Stone. Chop chop.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 in something else
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Nothing special here. It does what Dragonite does. One turn of DD, then hit stuff really hard. The only reason Dragonite couldn't pull it off in battle 107 was because I had no "right" move at the end. 2 of them were immune to EQ, 2 of them wouldn't die to Fire Punch, and I was scared of being locked into Outrage against Heatran. In hindsight, I guess I should've just gone for Outrage. :/

Also, I only did battles 51-107 with this team. I used a Mega Ttar / Aron / Aegislash / Garchomp combination for the first 50 battles, and it worked really well. I just wanted something a bit more interesting.

I don't think anyone has got the natures or EV investment of the Maison bosses yet, so I'll start with the super triples boss.

Regirock Sturdy Adamant 252HP/252Atk Luminous Moss Ice Punch/Rock Slide/Drain Punch/Earthquake
Registeel Light Metal Jolly 252Atk/252Spe King's Rock Rock Polish/Earthquake/Iron Head/Thunder Punch
Regice Clear Body Impish 252HP/252SpDef Zoom Lens Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave
Articuno Pressure Jolly 252Atk/252Spe Charti Berry Frost Breath/Reflect/Steel Wing/U-Turn
Zapdos Static Naive 252SpAtk/252Spe Petaya Berry Thunder/Light Screen/Rain Dance/Drill Peck
Moltres Flame Body Modest 252SpAtk/252Spe White Herb Overheat/Air Slash/Tailwind/Will-O-Wisp

Abilities are forced for the boss' Pokémon, no?

...I think this is the worst boss I've ever seen in the history of Frontiers.

Edit: For doubles

Suicune Pressure Timid 252SpAtk/252Spe Lum Berry Icy Wind/Surf/Blizzard/Protect
Latios Levitate Bold 252HP/252Def Lax Incense Calm Mind/Luster Purge/Dragon Pulse/Recover
Entei Flash Fire Adamant 252HP/252Atk Life Orb Sacred Fire/Iron Head/Stone Edge/Protect
Raikou Pressure Timid 252SpAtk/252Spe Air Balloon Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Shadow Ball/Protect
Regarding the bosses, the movesets, Nature + EVs and items are always the same. Abilities have never been fixed in any facility (as far as I recall), and the bosses in this facility don't have fixed ability Pokemon either. In fact I think the only change they've made at all to determining abilities is that all Hidden Abilities are now included (randomly) as potential abilities.

Regarding the bosses, the movesets, Nature + EVs and items are always the same. Abilities have never been fixed in any facility (as far as I recall), and the bosses in this facility don't have fixed ability Pokemon either. In fact I think the only change they've made at all to determining abilities is that all Hidden Abilities are now included (randomly) as potential abilities.
Even the unrealeased ones, it was the Maison that confirmed that Adaptability Dragalge and Rock Head Tyrantrum exist but are unobtainable (GF trolling us I swear!!!).

My Super Doubles team is currently at a 100 streak... here's my previous post showing the team:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-50#post-5228802

I only just noticed that on the Super Doubles leaderboard, the 10th-place person happened to use exactly the same Landorus-T moveset - it's honestly a pure coincidence that I thought of using Landorus-T and that exact moveset to support Charizard-Y.

Also, the only thing preventing me from having all 5 Maison trophies is that I'm still waiting to meet a friend for Super Multi battles - none of my AI choices are good, and the AI is stupid no matter what they use.

Are the AI pokemon you given by a particular friend code the same for everyone? If so, I was thinking that maybe we could set up some kind of spreadsheet for people to submit their codes, so it is easier to find a good AI partner

Storm Eagle what pokes are you using for Rotation currently? I find that for Rotation, it is very useful to have pokes that cover each others' weaknesses (preferably immune to each others' weakness!). Another popular strategy that I've seen is to use a Dual Screener as part of the first 3, set up screens and let a set-up poke go to town killing stuff.

CJorex As far as I'm aware, each FC generates a unique combination of pokes, so yeah, might take a while before you find a good AI partner to play Super Multi. A spreadsheet would certainly help those that are still looking for good AI partners, but I'm not too sure how many people are still looking around for good partners (I'd imagine a large chunk of the Maison challengers have found a good AI partner by now).

Super Singles Monument, looks strikingly similar to the Triples Monument. I feel like I won a classy bowling tournament, they look like bowling pins with top hats.

My more thought out and crafted team with the Pokemon I had lying around. Switched their move sets around for Maison and optimized their held items. Here they are...

Puff T.M.D. (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry (That Lum Berry saved my skin so many times, he would get confused or poisoned and I would forget I had it and ride an emotional roller coaster every time I got statused then cured then Outraged or Earthquaked a OHKO, so nice)
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake (This move was so money, it didn't even know it)

Lando (Landorus) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/30 (My first and only RNG I scored all by myself, and I did 30 speed for HP Ice with a Jolly, doh)
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge (Came in handy more times than I would have liked with 80% accuracy, but had no major misses)
- Explosion (used only once and I didn't really need to, just an insurance policy)
- Brick Break (for accuracy over Hammer Arm, though rarely used)

Keymaster (Klefki) @ Sitrus Berry (Are you the Gatekeeper?)
Ability: Prankster
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Flash Cannon (started with Foul Play but feared pesky Fairies and needed the Special Attack against Rock which it did come in handy for both)
- Draining Kiss (Week though still effective for walling when necessary, and it was on occasion)
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Pretty straightforward, use the Maison spreadsheet, Dragon Dance when possible with low risk of being haxed. Switch in Lando or Keymaster for typing if necessary, and switch in Keymaster to wall an even matchup that would give Puff The Magic Dragon and Lando trouble. Which did happen once or twice and almost did me in, for example in battle 20 I took on a Tentacruel, Crobat, and Umbreon Set 1. With some miscues on my part I was in an epic wall battle with Keymaster outlasting Umbreon until he struggled to death. I was enjoying a few beers as well so excuse my play but here's the code:

2NUG-WWWW-WWW6-AGZG

Also battle 48 where a Rhyperior starter gave me trouble and my Earthquake locked Lando squeaked out a W
QBYG-WWWW-WWW6-AGZN

And the big 5-0, Puff T.M.D. stole this one all by himself.
8ECG-WWWW-WWW6-AGZT

I finally got my 5 trophies. Thanks for all the help that was given to me in this thread.

Super Singles
Kangaskhan @ Kangashkanite (Lead)
Ability: Scrappy / Parental Bond
Nature: Jolly
EV: Attk 252 Spd 252 HP 6
Moveset: Fake out/Return/Power up Punch/Sucker Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EV: HP 252 SpDef 252 Def 6
Moveset: Earthquake/Protect/Aerial Ace/Toxic

Chansey @ Evolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature:Bold
EV: HP 252 Def 252 SpDef 6
Moveset: Seismic Toss/Soft-boiled/Protect/Toxic

Basically sweep as much as you can with Mega Kangaskhan, and swap with Chansey or Gliscor with whatever situation is given during the match.

As for Aerial Ace on Gliscor, you can put something else in there if you like, but I like to use Aerial Ace just so I don't miss opponents when they spam increase evasion or decrease accuracy.

Super Doubles
Credit goes to SqueakySquirtle for his awesome team. Helped me get the Super Double Trophy.

Cresselia @ Mental Herb (Lead)
Nature: Relaxed
IV: 31/x/31/31/31/0
EV: 252 HP/108 Def/148 SpDef
Moveset: Trick Room/Psychic/Ice Beam/Helping Hand

Aron lvl 1 @ Berry Juice (Lead)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Brave
IV: 0/0/0/0/0/0
EV: No EVs
Moveset: Endeavor/Protect/Swagger/Toxic

Machamp @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EV: 252 HP 252 Attk 4 SpDef
Moveset: DynamicPunch/Stone Edge/Knock Off/Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP/252 Attk/4 SpDef
Moveset: Play Rough/Iron Head/Ice Punch/Sucker Punch

Super Triple

Credit goes to Snail489 for his awesome team. Helped me get my Super Triple Trophy.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y (Lead)
Ability:Blaze
Nature:Timid
EV: 252 SpAtt 6 SpDef 252 Spd
Moveset: Beat Up/Flamethrower/Solarbeam/Protect

Terrakion @ Wide Lens (Lead)
Ability:Justified
EV: 252 Atk 6 SpDef 252 Spd
Moveset:Rock Slide/Earthquake/Sacred Sword/Protect

Latias @ Focus Sash (Lead)
EV: 252 HP 6 Def 252 Spd
Moveset: Tailwind/Helping Hand/Thunder Wave/Sunny Day

EVENT Oblivia: Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Quiet
EV: 252 SpA 6 SpDef 252 Spd
Moveset: Eruption/Earth Power/Solar Beam/Dragon Pulse

Camerupt @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EV: 6 HP 252 SpAttk 252 Spd
Moveset: Eruption/Earth Power/Solar Beam/Lava Plume

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability:Gale Wings
IV: 31/31/31/0/31/31
EV: 252 Attk 252 Spd 6 HP
Moveset: Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Swords Dance/Tailwind

Super Rotation

Gengar @ Focus Sash (Lead)
IV: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EV: 252 Spd 252 SpAttk 6 HP
Moveset: Destiny Bond/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb

Kangaskhan @ Kangashkanite
Nature:Adamant
EV: Attk 252 Spd 252 HP 6
Moveset: Fake out/Return/Power up Punch/Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EV: 252 Attk 252 Spd 6 HP
Moveset: Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Superpower/ Ice Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb (Back-up)
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EV: HP 252 SpDef 252 Def 6
Moveset: Earthquake/Protect/Aerial Ace/Toxic

I basically lead with Gengar, sweep as much as possible, then finish it off with Gliscor or Kangaskhan. Depending on the situation of the fight, I rarely use Azumarill. I just have her in there in case something is about to faint, I get Azumarill to finish them off.

Super Multi
AI Pokemon:
Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf (lead)
Abilitiy: Blaze
Moveset: Eruption/Focus Blast/Heat Wave/Extrasensory

Gastrodon @ Leftovers (back-up)
Ability: Storm Drain
Moveset:/Sandstorm/Earth Power/Surf/Recover

http://www.serebii.net/xy/maisonpartner.shtml (Info on the type of pokemon AI partner have)

My Pokemon:
Ninetales @ Wise Glasses (lead)
Ability: Drought
EV: 252 Speed 252 Special Attack 6 HP
Moveset: Flamethrower/Hypnosis/Extrasensory/Solar Beam

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite (Back-up)
Nature: Jolly
EV: 252 Attack 252 Speed 6HP
Moveset: Fake Out/Return/Sucker Punch/Power up Punch

My thought process while deciding which pokemon to use was to make sure my AI gets an attack off, and power them up as much as I can. Since Typhlosion has Choice Scarf he would be able to get off an attack before you're opponent. With a full HP Typhlosion and sun set by Ninetales, he would be able to sweep, unless there are pokemon type with Rock/Water. Then you would use Solarbeam to knock out that pokemon. Worst case scenario, you get match up against an Aerodactyl/Archeops. Aerodactyl's super speed and rock slide will wreck Ninetales and Typhlosion, even worse case would be a flinch. You probably can get off an attack or 2 against Archeops due to his lower speed compared to Aerodactyl, but his attacks hit harder than Aerodactyl.

If sweeping with Typhlosion and Ninetales doesn't work, I proceed with Mega Kangaskhan. Gastrodon can basically take most hits except for grass which Gastrodon is 4x weak against. With that in mind, I would use Mega Kangaskhan to fake out that pokemon first. Keep in mind that Gastrodon have really bad speed thus will attack last. Gastrodon will most likely use Surf or Earth Power to knock out the pokemon. With Kangaskhan's and Gastrodon bulk and they can take 1 hit before they get knocked out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)