Battle Mechanics Research

breh

強いだね
mold breaker ignores abilities that would change the damage negatively / success of an attack.

In your case, there's nothing that should be ignored. Note that Foul Play uses your own ability, not the opponent's. It uses the opponent's status, the opponent's stat boosts, and the opponent's attack stat and (as far as I know) nothing else.

I've bred Avalanche and Ancient Power off of Aurorus and Curse/Wide Guard off of Carracosta onto a Mudkip.

However I've come across a new issue. Using new 6th gen egg move rules, I put all 4 moves onto a single Mudkip (which worked), but every single one of these Mudkips are untradeable currently. Something appears to be blocking it from being traded.

1.) If you are Tricked a Assault Vest (by something with Klutz or something) and select a status move to use on that turn, do you use the move, does it fail, or does something else happen?

2.) If the turn after you are Tricked Assault Vest the opponent uses Encore, what happens?

Currently it looks like Showdown is programmed so that you use the status move on the turn you are Tricked and the turn you are Encored but then begin Struggling:

[url]http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-72472682[/URL]

which seems weird, but I could see being the way its supposed to work.

1.) If you are Tricked a Assault Vest (by something with Klutz or something) and select a status move to use on that turn, do you use the move, does it fail, or does something else happen?

2.) If the turn after you are Tricked Assault Vest the opponent uses Encore, what happens?

Currently it looks like Showdown is programmed so that you use the status move on the turn you are Tricked and the turn you are Encored but then begin Struggling:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-72472682

which seems weird, but I could see being the way its supposed to work.
Yeah I can confirm that. You still use the Status move on the turn you're given the Assault Vest and also the turn you're Encored. After that, you begin to use Struggle.

Video: MUGW-WWWW-WWW3-VYA7

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've bred Avalanche and Ancient Power off of Aurorus and Curse/Wide Guard off of Carracosta onto a Mudkip.

However I've come across a new issue. Using new 6th gen egg move rules, I put all 4 moves onto a single Mudkip (which worked), but every single one of these Mudkips are untradeable currently. Something appears to be blocking it from being traded.
Maybe "kip" is an obscure slur in some language. Try to breed Mudkips without any Egg moves.

I have no problems trading away regular mudkips or mudkips with egg moves from only 1 parent. I cannot trade mudkips that inherited moves from both parents. I can locally trade them to my other 3DS, but not any means of online trading. I think there is some code on the online servers blocking 'previous gen illegal movesets'?

I have no problems trading away regular mudkips or mudkips with egg moves from only 1 parent. I cannot trade mudkips that inherited moves from both parents. I can locally trade them to my other 3DS, but not any means of online trading. I think there is some code on the online servers blocking 'previous gen illegal movesets'?
A bit roundabout, but how about breeding 2 mudkip with only 1 parent's worth of egg moves, then breeding those together and see if the child go through.

What happens if Quick Feet Scolipede is transferred to XY? (It might e obvious but I want confirmation about it's hidden ability being changed or just him getting a second one)

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As I've already pointed out in the Pokébank changes discussion thread the established practice for mons transfered to a gen with new abilities for it is to retain the original ability until evolution (or any other event that involves checking its personality value and assigning another ability if necessary), so it's possible that Scoli would retain Quick Feet. In fact, if this happens to be the case, you'll need to trade over a Quick Feet Whirlipede in order to use Gen5 exclusive moves on Speed Boost Scolipede, which might cause some weird compatibility issues.
Then again, since no-one answered the question idk what's really going to happen. Maybe Pokébank updates the hidden ability automatically.

(It might e obvious but I want confirmation about it's hidden ability being changed or just him getting a second one)
This would involve GF hard-setting every Venipede caught/bred with the hidden ability flag on to ability class 2, in order to retain class 1 for Quick Feet. Not completely ruling the possibility out (which means ST Chandy could still happen) but it's very unlikely.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Could anyone find out if Double Hit is doubled by Mega Kangaskhan, making it a 4-hit move?

Could anyone find out if Double Hit is doubled by Mega Kangaskhan, making it a 4-hit move?
it is not all non single-hit moves do not get get more hits and in doubles-triples the same applies to moves that target more than one mon.

Can pokemon with defog be transfered to xy?
Defog is only an HM in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. If the Pokémon comes from any other game, it can come to X/Y.

If you want a Pokémon to come out of Gen IV, you'll have to trade them to HeartGold or SoulSilver before they can be transferred up to a Gen V game. (Or if you want to use Whirlpool now that trapping moves do extra damage, you'll have to trade a Pokémon over to D/P/Pt before they transferred to Gen V.)

Defog is only an HM in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. If the Pokémon comes from any other game, it can come to X/Y.

If you want a Pokémon to come out of Gen IV, you'll have to trade them to HeartGold or SoulSilver before they can be transferred up to a Gen V game.
I know this. What i meant was that does pokebank BLOCK pokemons with defog from being transfered to x/y from b/w?

I know this. What i meant was that does pokebank BLOCK pokemons with defog from being transfered to x/y from b/w?
no, b/w blocks HM moves from being transferred. defog is only a HM in dppt so any pokemon with defog can go from hgss to bw then to xy. but not from dppt to bw

Just discovered something.
Forecast won't activate on a Ditto that Transformed into a Castform
Edit:
Stance Change won't activate on a Ditto that Transformed into a Aegislash

Last edited:
Can Mummy affect Stance Change? Anybody have a replay with a cofagrigus they want to try out?

edit: nvm I did it myself.

PERG-WWWW-WWW4-2QPD

Mummy cannot affect Stance Change.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)