Battle Over! 1v1 Singles: Deck Knight vs Chou Toshio (Ref DA8828)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck waiting, I don't want to wait for something that I probably don't even need.

Chou Toshio, I Challenge you!

1vs1 Singles
DQ: 3 Days
Restricted Moves: Anything not named Tackle, Poison Sting, Bug Bite, or String Shot! 5 Chills max.

Arena: Viridian Forest

This iconic forest is full of Bug Pokemon that Misty hates. There is also a Pikachu here or there but that is non-canon. Lots of trees, vines, grass, etc.

Let the battle begin!!

items disabled
multiple abilities, but restricted to "shield dust" and "run away"

added arena hazard: hungry pidgey (80%) and pidgeotto (20%) may also dive down to attack bugs
So,

Deck Knight sends out Wee his pokemon
Chou Toshio sends out his pokemon and attacks
Deck Knight attacks
I ref
Deck Knight attacks
Chou Toshio attacks
I ref
Chou Toshio attacks
Deck Knight atacks
I ref
Deck Knight attacks again

Let's-a-go!

also don't post if you're not a battler or me, or you'll get e-gutted

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I send the mightiest of warriors, Chew Toshio!

Weedle [Chew Toshio] (M)
Nature: Adamant

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's time for the most epic of battles-- go Dikk Knight!

Caterpie (*) Dikk Knight (m)
Nature: Jolly

Alright Caterpie-- this is the most epic of duels, greatest of rivalries that has continued a great feud ever since RBY. Unlike those days though, our Caterpie clan finally achieved a great victory in receiving Shield Dust, and we can gloat about a poison-free battle against our most bitter rivals.

Take the glory of vengeance for you many fallen Caterpie brethren-- break him, Dikk! Charge in with Tackle, in close range battle, Bug Bite him, and tie him down with String Shot while he's locked in your mandibles.

Be weary of birds, and use String Shot to swing to safety at the slightest glimpse of a moving overhead shadow.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's more than one way to skin a Cat(erpie) Chew Toshio.

No Poison eh? We'll see about that.

Start off be creating a large ball of String Shot. Tie it tight around.

Then I want you to use Poison Sting, but do something special. Secrete your Poison directly from your stinger into the ball of String Shot. It should coat and permeate the silk, creating a large toxic ball. Finally, use a third String Shot to wrap it around and fling it up over the top of Caterpie. It should collapse upon impact and the poisonous ball should be toxic enough to penetrate. At least I hope so. Worst case scenario Caterpie gets stuck under a ball of toxic string. If you have to drag onto yourself to smash Caterpie with it you'll be fine. You are, after all, immune to your own poison.

String Shot (create a large ball of tight String) ~ Poison Sting (Secrete Poison from your stinger directly into the ball of string to toxify it.) ~ String Shot (lob the ball on top of Caterpie so it crashes into it from above and covers it in the toxic String)

String Shot (create a large ball of tight String) ~ Poison Sting (Secrete Poison from your stinger directly into the ball of string to toxify it.) ~ String Shot (lob the ball on top of Caterpie so it crashes into it from above and covers it in the toxic String)
Whoa.

Dikk Knight (Caterpie) (M)
HP: 90
Energy: 100%
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: *
SpD: *
Spe: 52

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Energy: 100%
Spe: 50

Aaaah. Viridian Forest. Calm, lush, teeming with wildlife, many beginning trainers have caught their first pokemon among these towering trees, witnessed young children and their Pikachu be attacked by crime syndicates, been traumatized by foot-long insects getting their heads ripped off by vicious birds.

In a clearing deep within the bowels of these imposing woods, two great trainers square off in what will be a match passed down for generations.

Flashes of light startle several watching Pidgey, sending them spiraling into the sky. When it clears, members of two eternally feuding clans, Dikk Knight of Caterpie and Chew Toshio of Weedle, glare at each other, their eyes shooting metaphorical lightning from the strength of their bloodthirst.

Dikk Knight rears and charges, screaming shrill warcries as it thunders towards its target. Chew Toshio Shoots out a length of sticky string, forming a tight ball that cushions the force of Dikk Knight's Tackle. The sticky fluids on the string inhibit Dikk Knight's movement, but it perseveres.

Chew Toshio stabs his Poisonous Stinger into the ball of String Shot, injecting it with lethal toxins. Undeterred, Dikk Knight leaps and catches Chew Toshio with a ferocious Bug Bite.

Chew Toshio fires a second String Shot, sending the finished projectile straight into the air and falling back down onto Dikk Knight FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE. The weight of the missile forces Dikk Knight off Chew Toshio in a completely platonic way. Dikk Knight fires off a String Shot of its own, forcing Chew Toshio to the ground.

A particularly opportunistic Pidgey sees two weakened prey and dives, slamming into Dikk Knight in hopes of knocking him unconcious.

It didn't phase him, a testament to the resilience of these clashing titans.

The two combatants are both hindered in their fighting ability. In the lull in the fighting, what will their trainers command to get out of this sticky situation?

HP: 70
Energy: 90%
Status: with a giant poisonous-string-thing stuck to it (-1 speed, damage every turn)

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 78
Energy: 89%

See any fuck ups mathematically, let me know.

See any fuck ups logically, let me know.

See any fuck ups with writing, let me know.

Forgive me, it's late, I still haven't started my paper.

Deck Knight

So is Caterpie actually poisoned or is it a temporary thing? Either way it was p. cool if I do say so myself.

Okay Chew Toshio, there's a reason you were born with two stingers. Whether its your head or your butt, fire out some Poison Sting projectiles at Caterpie just to make sure any poison it does have, err, sticks, as they say.

Next try to extricate yourself from the ground, use a Bug Bite to chop the string if you have to, otherwise redirect your Bug Bite at Caterpie. Finish up by erecting a quick barrier of curved String Shot to block any of Caterpie's.

Poison Sting (projectile) ~ Bug Bite (release from string or attack Caterpie), String Shot (String Shot Shield!)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Dikk, here's the plans for mission return missile--

(1) Shoot a String Shot to an above branch and swing yourself--silk ball and all--like a pendulum straight towards weedle, back facing weedle. Hey, while we're stuck to this barrier, we might as use it as a shield to block those Poison Stings.

(2) Add the force of a Tackle to the momentum of the pendulum swing, and since we're facing away from weedle, use the opposite side of the ball to bash weedle out into the open where it's pretty yellow self can catch the eyes of some overhead birds. We're going for a wrecking-ball approach to smash through barriers or incoming attacks.

(3) chew yourself out of the ball with Bug Bite.

HP: 70
Energy: 90%
Status: with a giant poisonous-string-thing stuck to it (-1 speed, damage every turn)

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 78
Energy: 89%

Dikk spits a length of String Shot into the trees above, swinging through the air in a graceful parabola, ignoring several Poison Stings from Chew Toshio as they thud into his improvised shield of silk.

He grimaces as the pain from the toxin intensifies, but Tackles the air (somehow) and loops around, slamming into Chew Toshio and tearing off his restraints. Chew Toshio grunts in surprise, but Bug Bites himself out of the projectile, taking no poison damage, since most things are immune to their own poison.

Dikk Knight follows suit with a Bug Bite of his own as Chew Toshio creates a defensive line of String Shot on the ground to prevent an inevitable attack from Dikk Knight once Chew Toshio recovers from his traumatizing ordeal.

Suddenly out of nowhere, the Pidgey returns! Its talons rake Chew Toshio, leaving long scratches in its proud golden skin.

HP: 62
Energy: 80%

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 64

Field conditions: More Pidgey are heading towards the spectacle, always eager for easy prey. Sticky silk covers the grass to the front and sides of Chew Toshio. The poisonous-string-thing sits between the two combatants, dissolving the greenery beneath it.

Forgive me, it's late, I still haven't started my algebra.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Hmm . . . some great maneuvering, Dikk, but it seems the brilliance of Deck's original poison bomb plan has still left us with a field disadvantage-- namely a barrier of silk and poison between us and our target that he can cross but we can't. Hmm . . . hmm . . .

For now, all we can do is run around the edge of it, taking the long way to get back at Weedle. However, this should also keep us mostly in the shadows and closer to the safety of bushes to escape pidgey attacks. As long as he stays in the poison, we can't get to him-- but then, the pidgeys can!

I don't know how long it'll take to get close to weedle while sneaking the long way around, but all we can do is go and wait till weedle returns for the final battle in the brush--Tackle, Tackle, Tackle. We'll have to try to get in close combat and win with the speed advantage.

Be prepared to Stringshot-escape from any diving birds of prey. In any case, avoiding Pidgeys should take priority.

Deck Knight

Alrighty Chew Toshio, time to be a wranglin', danglin' fool.

Start be secreting Poison Sting into the back of the shield you just created to give it the same effect as the toxic string ball earlier. As Caterpie comes around use another String Shot to tie it all around Caterpie, envelpong him in a Toxic Cocoon of sorts. Leave his head free so you can Bug Bite him.

Poison Sting (Toxify the String Shot Shield you just made) ~ String Shot (wrap the shield around Caterpie to immobilize it in a toxic cocoon) ~ Bug Bite

Sorry guys, I forgot to take into account the energy cost reduction for STAB.

I'll update this twice today to make it up to you.

HP: 62

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 64

Dikk Knight puts on a Tackles to put on a burst of speed around the shield while Chew Toshio fortifies it with Poison Sting.

A Pidgey dives for Dikk Knight, but is immobilized by the shield! Ignoring its frantic struggles and cries as the potent poison takes its toll, Dikk Knight slams him with a Tackle, knocking him back several feet before Chew Toshio can react. Chew Toshio responds with a spray of String Shot, tying Dikk Knight onto the shield and immobilizing him, thankfully on the opposite side of the captured would-be predator.

Chew Toshio leaps and attacks Dikk Knight with a vicious Bug Bite. Dikk Knight strains against his bonds with Tackle, and suddenly rockets off with a critical hit! The two fly away from the clearing as though they had wings, halting abruptly when Chew Toshio slams into a tree, releasing his grip on Dikk Knight. Dikk Knight lies in a patch of tall grass and recovers from his ordeal.

The resident of the tree, a sleeping Pidgey, awakes. Irritated, it dives for Chew Toshio, but, sleepy, its Tackle doesn't hurt as much as a full-powered attack.

HP: 49
Energy: 53%

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 47
Energy: 71%

Field conditions: Lots of trees and grass. Patches of tall grass are scattered about. Pidgey are flying to better vantage points, while the sleepy Pidgey and the stuck Pidgey are pissed at their respective targets.

Forgive me, it's early, I need to procrastinate.

EDIT: Or I can update once. That's totally OK by me. Really.

Deck Knight

Did the toxic ball effect wear off? Oh well.

Time to go on Offense Chew Toshio.

Start with a Poison Sting, the use Bug Bite, then Poison Sting.

If a Pidgey comes after you, see if you can String Shot Dikk Knight on a tight String and propel yourself towards him. Hopefully the Pidgey will pursue and go after the bug without the stingers.

Poison Sting ~ Bug Bite ~ Poison Sting

Sub: String Shot to propel away from a Pidgey and near Dikk Knight if one attacks.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Since we're at -1 speed, it's good that Chew Toshio will get the first move this round. We'll let the tall grass block a bit of the first Poison Sting attack before jumping out to Tackle. in fact we're going to keep attacking all 3 rounds. Tackle, and Tackle.

If a pidgey attacks us partway through, run back for cover somewhere. Hopefully the momentum of all that tackling can be used to run away too if need be.

HP: 49
Energy: 53%

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 47
Energy: 71%

Dikk Knight crouches in the tall grass, only grazed by the flurry of Poison Sting from Chew Toshio. He raises his head and charges furiously, ramming his opponent in a Tackle.

Dikk Knight moves to try again, but a Pidgeotto swoops towards the pair. Dikk Knight flees with the strength of a second Tackle, and Chew Toshio pursues by swinging from a String Shot.

Dikk Knight, under cover of branches, musters his remaining energy for a third Tackle to finish the round...but can't muster enough energy, and falls over, KO'd.

Match over!

HP: 0
Energy: 0%

Chew Toshio (Weedle) (M)
HP: 42
Energy: 65%

Dikk Knight and Chou Toshio get 2 Trainer Counters, 1 DW Counter, 1 Move Counter, and 1 Evolution Counter

Chew Toshio and Deck Knight get 2 Trainer Counters, 1 DW Counter, 1 Move Counter, 1 Evolution Counter, and a KO Counter.

...and I get nothing for going way over the DQ time.

Eh, nice playing from you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)