Battle Ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh also Goji that Ditto looks slightly broken. Nearly all the mons with less HP than Ditto aren't fully evolved, and the fact that it gets guaranteed healing alongside a 170 base hp + the defenses of another mon which will probably be higher than Ditto's originals. It would be like regular ditto, but also pretty much never faint if played correctly.
At least it cannot activate if faces a +2 Battle Bond shedinja :v. And yeah, i should delete "restores all hp " of buffed transform effects :P. And.... WHY isn't ma lurantis at the spreadsheet :'v?

Last edited:

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
At least it cannot activate if faces a +2 Battle Bond shedinja :v. And yeah, i should delete "restores all hp " of buffed transform effects :P. And.... WHY isn't ma lurantis at the spreadsheet :'v?
my bad! will update.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Oh, and making always an OHKO to boosted targets is not busted, right?
you seen marshadow and regular ditto? This is pretty much equivalent to those. If the opponent isn't stupid, they'll try and eliminate the Ditto before setting up. Who sets up versus a ditto team anyway? Yours doesn't die regardless of predictions or careful counterplay.

Also we've got concerningly few submissions so far lul

Last edited:
you seen marshadow and regular ditto? This is pretty much equivalent to those. If the opponent isn't stupid, they'll try and eliminate the Ditto before setting up. Who sets up versus a ditto team anyway? Yours doesn't die regardless of predictions or careful counterplay.

Also we've got concerningly few submissions so far lul
The real problem with your Ditto is that its Transform is banned by the OHKO Clause so you wouldn't even be allowed to use it, as far as I can tell

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
The real problem with your Ditto is that its Transform is banned by the OHKO Clause so you wouldn't even be allowed to use it, as far as I can tell
nah, because the base move doesn't carry the OHKO trait it shouldn't be blocked by ohko clause. The move buffs that Battle Bond offers are stored within the ability code, not the move code.

Pokemon: Farfetch’d
Battle Bond Name: Sylvester-Farfetch’d
Base Stats: 52/145 (+55)/55/48 (-10)/62/125 (+65)

Typing: Fighting/Flying
Move Buffed: Cut

Move Stats: Fighting-type, supereffective against Grass, +1 priority
Activation: Farfetch’d ends its turn with a pokemon on the field carrying Charcoal.

Battle Bond Origin: Sylvester trained his Farfetch’d to quickly and effectively use Cut to chop wood up as part of his charcoal-making process. This made it very strong and fast and an expert at cutting wood.

Pokemon: Katonese-Marowak
Battle Bond Name: Red-Marowak

Base Stats: 60/100 (+20)/150 (+40)/50/130 (+50)/45

Typing: Ground/Ghost

Move Buffed
: Bonemerang

Move Stats: The first hit is Ground-type, but hits ungrounded targets and the second hit is Ghost-type.
Activation: A pokemon on the field faints.

Battle Bond Origin: Red befriended a Cubone whose other was killed by Team Rocket and he helped her spirit rest. Now that it has evolved, his Marowak calls upon the power and protection of its mother whenever it is reminded of her death by a pokemon fainting.

Pokemon: Alolan-Marowak
Battle Bond Name: Kiawe-Marowak

Base Stats: 60/110 (+30)/110/50/100 (+20)/105 (+60)

Typing: Fire/Ghost
Move Buffed: Shadow Bone

Move Stats: Calls Fiery Dance prior to damage and may burn the opponent.
Activation: A pokemon on the field uses a Dance move.

Battle Bond Origin: Kiawe has an Alolan-Marowak he dances with and uses in his trial. It has to learn many dances and has become an expert at identifying and using the, so, it becomes strong and agile when dncing is happening.

Pokemon: Ditto
Battle Bond Name: Green-Ditto

Base Stats: 108 (+60)/38 (-10)/48/48/48/108 (+60)

Typing: Normal
Move Buffed: Transform

Move Stats: Duplicates the opponent’s last move like Mirror Move in addition to usual effects.
Activation: Use Transform. The transformation happens prior to the move being resolved.

Battle Bond Origin: Green has a Ditto she uses for trickery, disguises and utility. It h adapted to take advantage of its ability to copy others to become faster, tougher and abele to quickly adapt its opponent’s techniques.

Last edited:
nah, because the base move doesn't carry the OHKO trait it shouldn't be blocked by ohko clause. The move buffs that Battle Bond offers are stored within the ability code, not the move code.
considering sleep clause affects both moves and abilities, and
Pokemon: Farfetch’d
Battle Bond Name: Sylvester-Farfetch’d
Base Stats: 52/145 (+55)/55/48 (-10)/62/125 (+65)

Typing: Fighting/Flying
Move Buffed: Cut

Move Stats: Fighting-type, supereffective against Grass, +1 priority
Activation: Farfetch’d ends its turn with a pokemon on the field carrying Charcoal.

Battle Bond Origin: Sylvester trained his Farfetch’d to quickly and effectively use Cut to chop wood up as part of his charcoal-making process. This made it very strong and fast and an expert at cutting wood.

Pokemon: Katonese-Marowak
Battle Bond Name: Red-Marowak

Base Stats: 60/100 (+20)/150 (+40)/50/130 (+50)/45

Typing: Ground/Ghost

Move Buffed
: Bonemerang

Move Stats: The first hit is Ground-type, but hits ungrounded targets and the second hit is Ghost-type.
Activation: A pokemon on the field faints.

Battle Bond Origin: Red befriended a Cubone whose other was killed by Team Rocket and he helped her spirit rest. Now that it has evolved, his Marowak calls upon the power and protection of its mother whenever it is reminded of her death by a pokemon fainting.

Pokemon: Alolan-Marowak
Battle Bond Name: Kiawe-Marowak

Base Stats: 60/110 (+30)/110/50/100 (+20)/105 (+60)

Typing: Fire/Ghost
Move Buffed: Shadow Bone

Move Stats: Calls a random Dance move prior to damage and may burn the opponent (if Lunar Dance is called, it takes effect after damage and burn chance).
Activation: A pokemon on the field uses a Dance move.

Battle Bond Origin: Kiawe has an Alolan-Marowak he dances with and uses in his trial. It has to learn many dances and has become an expert at identifying and using the, so, it becomes strong and agile when dncing is happening.

Pokemon: Ditto
Battle Bond Name: Green-Ditto

Base Stats: 108 (+60)/38 (-10)/48/48/48/108 (+60)

Typing: Normal
Move Buffed: Transform

Move Stats: Duplicates the opponent’s last move like Mirror Move in addition to usual effects.
Activation: Use Transform. The transformation happens prior to the move being resolved.

Battle Bond Origin: Green has a Ditto she uses for trickery, disguises and utility. It h adapted to take advantage of its ability to copy others to become faster, tougher and abele to quickly adapt its opponent’s techniques.
alolan marowak seems too swingy based on RNG
if you get SD you can OHKO nearly everything

Brock-Marowak

Base Stats: 60 HP / 80 Atk / 130 Def (+20) / 50 SpA / 120 SpD (+40) / 95 Spe (+50)
Battle Bond Activation: Knock Out a Pokémon using a Bone move (Bone Club, Bonemerang, Shadow Bone, Bone Rush).
Buffed Move: Bonemerang
Move Changes: Hits airborne Pokémon à la Thousand Arrows
Rationale: Brock has a Marowak in the SM Animé so I guess it fits :)
Competitive: Keeps the same monstruos Attack stat but gains some extra bulk and an actual great Speed tier, Bonemerang also hurts a lot since Flying-typed like Celesteela and Skarmory now actually get destroyed by it!

Kiawe-Alolan-Marowak

Base Stats: 60 HP / 80 Atk / 120 Def (+10) / 50 SpA / 130 SpD (+50) / 95 Spe (+50)
Battle Bond Activation: Knock Out a Pokémon using a Bone move (Bone Club, Bonemerang, Shadow Bone, Bone Rush).
Buffed Move: Shadow Bone
Move Changes: Hits Normal-typed Pokémon à la Thousand Arrows
Rationale: Kiawe has an Alola Marowak in the SM Animé so I guess it fits :)
Competitive: Keeps the same monstruos Attack stat but gains some extra bulk and an actual great Speed tier, Shadow Bone also hurts a lot since Normal-types can't switch into it anymore.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Kiawe-Marowak-Alola
Typing: Fire / Ghost
Base Stats: 110 / 90 / 110 / 50 / 80 / 95
(+50 HP +10 Atk +50 Spe)
Battle Bond Activation: Get hit by an attack Marowak is immune to.
Buffed Move: Flame Wheel
Move Changes: 40 BP. Obtains the properties of Pursuit.
Rationale: Kiawe has an Alolan Marowak.
Competitive: With a much higher HP stat, Kiawe-Marowak-A can spam Flare Blitzes and take alot more damage than its regular counterpart. It's much higher speed skyrockets its speed tiers to allow it to tie with Zygarde and Tapu Lele, two matchups its regular form wouldn't like to face. Flame Wheel is now a Fire types Pursuit, which gives Kiawe-Awak a completely unexplored niche as a Pursuit trapper. And its slightly increased Attack stat only makes Kiawe-Awak a more powerful wallbreaker. And thanks to Battle Bond triggering whenever it gets hit by an attack its immune to, Kiawe-Awak can pivot into Fighting and Normal types and easily go all out.

Otoshi-Marowak
Typing:
Ground / Dark
Base Stats: 100 / 120 / 110 / 50 / 110 / 45
(+40 HP +40 Atk +30 SpD)
Battle Bond Activation: Get hit by an attack that Marowak is immune to.
Buffed Move: Bone Rush
Move Changes: +1 priority. Always hits three times.
Rationale: Otoshi's Marowak is the first one to premiere in the anime, so I feel its special.
Competitive: Otoshi-Marowak hits REALLY hard with Thick Club + 120 Attack. That base 45 speed also easily gets circumvented by Bone Rush's priority, turning Otoshi-Marowak into a potent revengekiller. STAB Knock Off is also a very welcome addition to its arsenal. Its Mew level bulk gives it alot of meaty switchin potential. Triggering its transformation via switching in on Electric attacks also makes Otoshi-Marowak very easy to trigger and turns it into a super threat. Man I just wanna see a Belly Drum set take off

Keith-Farfetch'd
Typing:
Normal / Flying
Base Stats: 52 / 140 / 55 / 48 / 62 / 130
(+50 Atk -10 SpA +70 Spe)
Battle Bond Activation: Switch in on an opponent faster than it.
Buffed Move: Aerial Ace
Move Changes: 100 BP. Increased crit ratio.
Rationale: I'm sure Keith is the only guy in the anime to own a Farfetch'd.
Competitive: Keith-Farfetch'd is alot stronger and faster than the normal Farfetch'd, and certainly will be a bonafied threat in whatever tier its settled in. Keith-Farfetch'd has a meaty 130 Attack stat, which combined with High powered STABs make it a fearsome breaker. Aerial Ace combined with Stick always gets a crit, allowing it to bust up walls and have a powerful Flying STAB without drawbacks. If more conventional items are your cup of tea, Choice Band and Life Orb are two great options. Don't try setting up a Swords Dance though, as your paper thin bulk might let you down. Nonetheless, Keith-Farfetch'd is a menace to Offensive teams.

Last edited:

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader

Keith-Farfetch'd
Typing:
Normal / Flying
Base Stats: 52 / 130 / 65 / 48 / 62 / 130
(+40 Atk +10 Def -10 SpA +70 Spe)
I like it, but to keep it as similar to the original battle bond as possible you're only meant to modify three stats (although this could be subject to change if people want it to be). Good to see that this Mod has somewhat taken your interest though! :)

G-Luke

I like it, but to keep it as similar to the original battle bond as possible you're only meant to modify three stats (although this could be subject to change if people want it to be). Good to see that this Mod has somewhat taken your interest though! :)
Ok I understand. Fixed.

Reactions: Eve

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
voting time! As usual, 3 votes per mon in order of preference, no voting yourself first. People that submitted ideas:
Gojiratar
Ezaphs
Yung Dramps
Sereg
Exploudit
G-Luke

VOTING
Ditto:
Sereg, Me, Ezaphs
Farfetch'D: Ezaphs, G-Luke, Yung Dramps
Marowak (Alola): G-Luke, Me, Exploudit
Marowak (Kanto): G-Luke, Me, Exploudit

Ditto: Yung Dramps, Gojiratar, Ezaphs

Farfetch’d: Ezaphs, G-Luke, Yung Dramps

Kantonese Marowak: Exploudit, Ezaphs, G-Luke

Alolan Marowak: Exploudit, G-Luke, Ezaphs

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ditto: Me, Sereg, Ezaphs

Farfetch'd: Me, G-Luke, Ezaphs

Marowak: Sereg, G-Luke, Exploudit

Marowak-Alola: Ezaphs, G-Luke, Exploudit

Also when is voting period gonna end lol

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Ditto: Yung Dramps, Sereg, Ezaphs
Farfetch'd: G-Luke, Ezaphs, Sereg
Marowak: Sereg, Ezaphs, G-Luke
Marowak-Alola: G-Luke, Ezaphs, Sereg

G-Luke

Ditto: Yung Dramps, Ezaphs, Sereg
Farfetch'd: Sereg, G-Luke, Ezaphs
Alola Marowak: G-Luke, Exploudit,, Ezaphs
Marowak:G-Luke, Ezaphs, , Exploudit

Ditto: Me, Sereg, Ezaphs

Farfetch'd: Me, G-Luke, Ezaphs

Marowak: Sereg, G-Luke, Exploudit

Marowak-Alola: Ezaphs, G-Luke, Exploudit

Also when is voting period gonna end lol
You cant vote for yourself in the first slot.

Last edited:
You cant vote for yourself in the first slot.
Umm, actually you can!
I see no problem with being able to self vote tbh, if everyone does it, it ends up balancing out. Also it won't matter if we switch to the open slate anyway. I feel like the open slate style definitely can work out well, seeing as its a similar system to the Metagame Workshop in that one person posts an idea and gets suggestions. It just really doesn't seem like the restrictions this pet mod puts on the battle bond forms will allow for very diverse ideas if we have to stick to a specific mon and having a dedicated poll won't change the end result all that much in many situations.
Voting

Ditto: Gojiratar, Sereg
Farfetchet'd: G-Luke, Yung Dramps
Marowak: Exploudit, G-Luke
Alolan Marowak: Exploudit, G-Luke

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Umm, actually you can!
voting time! As usual, 3 votes per mon in order of preference, no voting yourself first. People that submitted ideas:
That quote you referenced was back when we were using the old submission system and I didn't really care, as I did in fact specify. Basically you misread both posts and then responded with a sassy "umm" to Luke. Nice going, please be a bit more careful next time :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)